Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamoxifen

4 REPLIES 4
Alicat

Re: Tamoxifen

Hi,

I take citalopram in the morning as that is what my dr said. I have just read the leaflet that comes with citalopram you can take it morning or evening. I didn’t know that. I take the tamoxifen at night. I was having too many hot flushes when I took it in the morning. It’s much better for me at night. 
Take care

Alicat

PJB43

Hi thanks for the replies. Can you tell me what time of day you take it? I’m taking tamoxifen right before bed but wasn’t sure if citalopram will stop me sleeping ? 

ScarletBea

Hi, for reassurance I also took citalopram with tamoxifen for about 2 years - when I got breast cancer I was still recovering from an episode of depression and taking daily citalopram, my GP said there was no conflict between the 2 so no reason to stop.

I hope you feel better soon.

Alicat

Hi pjb43,

l feel for you.

I have been on tamoxifen for 5 years. I started taking citalopram about 2 months after starting tamoxifen. I really struggled on starting tamoxifen I was the same as you, crying, feeling really low. The citalopram has made a real difference to me. It has helped with the hot flushes and mood. 
I wish you well. Take care

alicat

PJB43

Tamoxifen

Hi I started taking tamoxifen a week ago and just as I thought ‘oh this isn’t too bad’ I’ve had an awful day, feel down and very tearful and can’t stop eating sugary foods. When I spoke to one of the breast care nurses prior to taking it I said the biggest thing I was worried about was the change in moods. Having previously suffered with postnatal depression and PMT I know the signs. Is there anyone out there taking antidepressants whilst on tamoxifen? As my doctor recommended citalopram x