Tamoxifen

I stared tamoxifen March 2020 and about 6 months in I started to notice regular spotting (bloody discharge). I was referred to a gynaecologist but they offered no explanation for this (my periods stopped through chemo in November 2019). Anyone had same experience? 

Hi @Salam  - yes I had the same experience as you. Chemo stopped my periods then I also got some spotting on 2 occasions while taking Tamoxifen, resulting in 2 gynae appointments and 2 hysteroscopies. I’m not medical but from what I have been told and read, Tamoxifen can cause changes to the lining of the womb, and occasionally womb cancer. So they like to check out any spotting to see what is going on. I didn’t find out what caused my spotting, and they said they often don’t know - but I’m just glad it wasn’t sinister. Hopefully yours will be a one off, but always best to speak to your GP if you have any more spotting so you can be checked out. I’m happy to discuss more, or try to answer any more questions if you think I might be able to help. Best wishes, Evie xx