Highlighted

Re: Teva Anastrazole! Out of supply!

Thanks Laineybo! 

MM

xx

Highlighted

Hello MM

I have had Accord anastrozole for 5 years and found it the best of a bad bunch-have been on hormone therapy for 9 and a half years so have tried most of them!

Best Wishes xxx

Highlighted

Hello Mystery Mouse,

Just sent you another PM with other info regarding Product Licence numbers amongst other things. 

Teva Brand is in stock but if it is not in the Pharmacy's usual wholesaler supply then they won't usually order it in as a Special unless it is on the prescription as it will cost the Pharmacy and they can not reclaim the additional cost from the NHS.  It just can depend on the Wholesalers that a specific Pharmacy uses.

Take Care

Chick

Highlighted

Teva Anastrazole! Out of supply!

So rang a few chemists this morning and still no Teva Anastrazole.  One chemist only had the 1 brand available (Accord).  Wondering whether to try it. Anyone on Accord and how is it please?

Highlighted

Re: Teva Anastrazole!

Hello again,

Yes, I will let you know if I have any luck.

Take care,

Chick

Highlighted

Hi Chick1, Thanks for replying.

I've been on Teva Anastrazole for 3 1/2 years now and don't want to change either as happy on it.  Like you I have managed to keep a few months back up just in case this ever happened.  When I first started on it I used to get from Boots but then they could not source it anymore so could only find in this 1 independent chemist.  If you do find out any news on stock updates, would you please let me know? It's a worry though isn't it! At least it sounds like I wasn't being 'fobbed off by the chemist' as no supplies for some reason for anyone. Fingers crossed it comes back soon!

Highlighted

Hello MysteryMouse,

I have Teva stated on my prescription.  It does not help at the moment though as no supplies it would seem of this brand.  I have had a script in at Boots for over 6 weeks waiting.  Fortunately, I have managed to amass a few months stocks, planned for such times and because I usually have to wait a while to get (GPs fortunately not paying attention to my reorders over time!).  I have contacted Teva twice. Last times they said supplies would be available at the end of June.  Still waiting. I may ring again soon.  

Perhaps ring around some different chemists and see if they are holding any stocks.  I rang another Boots but unfortunately they only had a partial box. If the worse comes to the worse, I will just have to try another brand.  However, I have been taking the Teva one for nearly 3 years now and would rather stick with what I know.

Hope you find some soon or obtain a suitable alternative,

Take care,

Chick 

Teva Anastrazole!

So, I just rang my usual chemist who is an independent to see if they had any of the above in and they tell me that Teva Anastrazole is out of supply.  They also say that I can't have unless my prescription states a particular brand.  Unfortunately my GP practice will not do that so gor past 3 years have gone to this chemist who has always got it for me.  Feeling quite stressed about it as don't want to have to swich brands now. Anyone else have same issue? Thanks!