Tiredness or fatigue

Diagnosed with BC june 2013. Had mastectomy chemo and radio and been on tamoxifen since. Does anyone else suffer 'CHEMO BRAIN!!!. My memory is totally useless. I’ve no concentration levels. Get bored easily and I could sleep dleep sleep. Managing to hold down a full time job which I love but it’s tough at times. Any one else feel like this

Hi Armaghgirl

I was diagnosed Feb 2016 and during that year had Lumpectomy, ANC, Chemo and Radiotherapy.  I was on Tamoxifen until a couple of months ago but have just started Letrizole to see if that is any better for me.  I am still taking quite heavy pain relief - had managed to cut it down but the joint pain I am getting with the new drug means I am taking more again.  I was suffering quite badly with anxiety so am on medication for that too although now I have discovered a fab yoga community I am starting to feel better about reducing that.  But the one thing that has never improved has been the regular bouts of fatigue with anxiety and the foggy chemo brain.  Clearly I do have good days but I could never pass a memory test I am sure.

I cam on here to find out if anyone else is still experiencing fatigue and fog - so in some way I am glad to have found you as it means I am not unique.  The web suggests it only last months after chemo but I am now 18 months on and in some ways feel just as bad.  Did you have a strong reaction to your treatment - get lots of side effects?

Sorry that isn’t any help but at least you know you are not alone.

Hi Joeyaff. Thanks for your reply.
I’ve been on tamoxifen since January 2014 and to be honest apart for the first 3 or 4 months my side effects have subsided. Still get the odd night sweats…lovely!!!..Did have bad mood swings but I found that if I took my tablets at night instead of morning it really helped. Just an idea. It’s just the tiredness and lack of memory…I joke about it a lot but it’s annoying lol.
Started to do a bit of walking just started a few days ago. So hopefully gentle exercise will up my energy levels…oh and I am also taking cod liver oil and aloe Vera gel drink…although it’s disgusting haha.

Good to chat