2nd day after surgery

Hi this is all new to me never been on a forum before.

I was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago it’s been a complete whirlwind I had my surgery Monday 8th Aug. I chose to have a reduction which would repair the hole where the the tumour would be removed which would involve both breasts being operated on, I also had to have lymph nodes removed. Part of me is wishing I had never agreed to this and that I’d just had it removed and lived with how it would look. I’m so uncomfortable. Is there anyone who had the same as me and maybe felt how I do now but is glad of there decision 

Dear @Treetle , I am glad you found our Forum. There are many kind people here whose stories you can read, and who you can communicate with. I hope others will come forward who will identify with your story.

We know these days immediately post-diagnosis and especially post-surgery are tricky, and you may have many questions of What If? and What Now?. Please remember our team of breast care nurses are here, and always keen to talk things through, at your own pace.

You can reach them by posting in one of the boards on the Forum, or by calling our Helpline on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm).

Sending our warmest thoughts

Bernard x