Could this be benign?

Hi, where to start… 

I’m a 30 year old mother to two. 
Recently, I started to have tenderness and swelling of the left breast which seems to have subsided slightly. However, I felt a small lump which I chase up with the GP. 

The GP couldn’t feel anything but referred to to the breast clinic anyway due to family history. 

fast forward to this last week, I went for my breast clinic appointment as the consultant said everything felt normal and wasn’t really concerned but would send me for an ultrasound anyway. 

the ultra sound was done and I was told that a biopsy would need to be doing due to “shadowing” and not being able to confirm what the lump was… but there was definitely something there.

the report says that an irregular 14 x 10mm Hypoechoic area was seen, which was biopsied.

has anyone ever had anything similar and had it come back that it was benign? 

I now have to wait up to 2 weeks for the results and have told myself to prepare for the worst and hope for the best

KCJ9218 please do try ringing the number on here next week and speaking to a nurse you’ve done right thing getting yourself checked over and breast changes all need checking out please hold onto till a professional tells you, you have breast cancer you do not have breast cancer keep reaching out on here while you wait :two_women_holding_hands: we will all be here to listen if you need us :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Most biopsies turn out benign in fact. So yes quite a few people have had what you’ve had and been fine. You won’t find many here because it’s a breast cancer site but it happens all the time. Try not to overly worry and know that statistically speaking you’ll likely have a good result. 

I don’t think you will be reassured until you know the outcome of the tests good or bad. At 30 you are young to be getting breast cancer, but it isn’t unknown and family history of breast cancer plays a part sometimes. But not very often.

You have done the right thing in having tests. I had a lump out myself. I was 47 when I found it, 48 when diagnosed with breast cancer. I am now 67, so it doesn’t have to be an immediate death sentence. Or a death sentence at all.

I have recently been diagnosed with a different kind of breast cancer so there you are, it’s a weird disease. If you have it once, you have a higher chance of getting it again, but it’s not common.

That’s the problem, breast cancer is a very common cancer, it isn’t one of the fastest to kill people and often seems to be cured. That means a lot of people have ops and follow up treatment and live long and healthy lives after. So there’s lots of people around who are breast cancer survivors such as myself. 

Seagulls