Itching

Hello

I have joined this forum to hopefully get some support with a side affect that is leaving me desperate and totally at a loss.

After my 4th (out of 6) chemo treatment I started itching on my arms and shoulders. No rash or redness. A prickly, creeping sensation that is constant and horrendous at night, where sleep is inpossible. It makes me want to rip my skin off. I am about to have my last chemo (yay!), so this has been going on 6 weeks. 
I ve been prescribed anti histamine tablets, told to use aveeno products and have tried E45 and various other creams. Nothing eases the itching. Anti histamine knocks me out, but I scratch during sleep. No professionals have heard of this itching without a rash ? (I have spoken with GP, Macmillan Nurse, Onchologist and Onchology pharmacist) 
I tried to research myself and feel it could be to do with my nerve endings, so have taken cocodamol. This knocks me out, but gives little relief. I tried using a tens machine last night, which did distract and therefore relieve whilst using.

My treatment is Docetaxel, Carboplatin, Phesgo, Zoledronic acid, Trastuzumab

My Diagnosis is Grade 2 ER3 PRO HER2 positive

I am hoping that someone in this forum has experience of this itching and can offer some advice on how I can cope moving forward. As there is no relief at any point after chemo, I am expecting this to continue for some time …

Thank you in advance 

HI Florae,

I can’t answer your question, but it must be incredibly frustrating and draining to have a symptom/side effect that is puzzling and seems that nobody can address. I just wanted to say that there are Chemotherapy boards on here, one is for Monthly Chemotherapy chat and there is another more general Chemo board also. It may be that some more people might see your post on those relevant threads, so worth copying and pasting across ? Possibly, doing a search on those boards also might elicit some older threads with some ‘leads’ ? Sorry I can’t personally help…but I hope somebody can.