cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEWLY DIAGNOSED

8 REPLIES 8
Kay0987

Re: NEWLY DIAGNOSED

I want to reiterate what Shi said just because I had an oncologist appointment last week and was very surprised at what she told me. I had to discontinue my green tea drinking and vitamin D3 while on chemo. They no longer recommend any added vitamins or anti-oxidants during chemotherapy because of a study that came out in 2019 that showed that many breast cancer patients had worst results who took them. I don't think they're definitive if all vitamins cause issues (multivitamins didn't for instance) but they don't suggest any of them right now due to the quite extreme resurgence of cancer after chemo treatment. They seem to interfere with how effective chemo is by helping to protect the cancer cells. The last I had read vitamins and anti-oxidants were highly recommended during chemo so that blew me away actually. Green tea has a high amount of anti-oxidants (also interferes with blood clotting) so that's why I had to quit that. But regular food consumption, like fresh vegetables and fruits is recommended. They want you to have vitamins during chemo, the body needs them, but they want you to get them through healthy eating an not added supplements. No juicing though.

If you want to research something that is gaining steam though I'd suggest fasting. Studies are showing great results with that although it's very preliminary. I have fasted during my first chemo cycle (with my oncologist's support. I run EVERYTHING by her first) starting one day before chemo and ending 24 hours afterwards. I'm on my third day after chemo when side effects are supposed to hit and I feel really good. A little bit of aches from my what I am assuming was my bone shot from yesterday but not nausea and energy is really quite normal. No nausea but I can tell my stomach isn't quite normal so I'm just sitting a lot after I eat something so as to give it as little stress as possible while it works. And drinking tons of water. But if this continues on for the rest of the day I'll go walk tonight and treat myself to ice cream this afternoon. And count myself very lucky. Anyway my oncologist finds the fasting research fascinating right and there's many way to incorporate it comfortably if you're interested in trying things to help out yourself. But good luck!! Triple negative I know is scary but it also is highly treatable and most people do fine once they go through treatment.  

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️It’s ok to be down ❤️ it’s a lot to process but do please speak to your unit they are there to help support you through too now just give you treatments ❤️ do speak to a nurse on here or your team about diet and vitamins and do let your team know what vitamins or oils you take before chemo you will need to let them know because some you might have to stop taking during chemo ❤️ the scans easy so please don’t worry about them but do speak to your teams or nurse in here if you have specific questions you want answers to ❤️ I took a little notebook in with me at every meeting with my questions and write answers down so was able to look at them after appointments because it’s a lot to remember and you are still trying to accept the news in the first place ❤️day by day and step by step you will get through ❤️ don’t forget to get your teeth checked with dentist before starting chemo tell them and they will fit you in, get a thermometer so you can keep track of your temp during chemo too ❤️ I kept graph charts on what time I’d taken tablets, wgat temp was etc because chemo can give you brain fog, it just helped me but you’ll find what works for you ❤️these are just things I did that worked for me there are no right or wrongs you do whatever you need to do for you ❤️💕💕Shi xx

RESH

hi. Just down at the moment. Have my ct mammogram tommorow and just so scared and I hope and pray it hasn't spread. That is my fear. I will talk to them about the brca gene.

Have the scan of my lyphnodes in Thursday. 

Then consultant appointment on the 22nd of August.

I have started vitamins aswell. Zinc. Broccoli. Some people have told me about the cbd oil but haven't got it yet. I am willing to start taking any vitamins. So if anyone knows which are the best for tripple negative please advise.

I have also started eating all the greens.

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Resh ❤️ Have you been advised of treatments plan yet by your team? There is always lots of checks that take place during the whole of this journey and it’ll feel like one appointment after another after another ❤️ Are they checking you for brca gene with being tnbc, ensure they are it’ll not only give you options but would help others in your family too if you do carry it, gives you all options ❤️ Please do trust your team ❤️ They have seen it all before ❤️ Do let your team know if you are not sleeping or anxiety they can prescribe you something ❤️ Once your treatments get started do join the threads for each step ❤️ Everyone helps each other on here and breast cancer now is an invisible security blanket wrapped round you that you knows there anytime day or night so you never be alone if you need to just reach out to people who understand and just get it ❤️💕💕Shi xx

RESH

Thank you for all the information and support. ❤️❤️ I also feel they are taking too long with me, like tests. Seeing the consultant etc and I'm scared the cancer will spread quickly 

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Resh, sorry autocorrect changed your name ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️Rush, so sorry you find yourself on here ❤️ please do not Google tnbc, there are plenty of tnbc survivors living well, a good book that helped me was Surviving Triple Negative Breast Cancer by Patricia Prijatel. It’s not for everyone but it helped me. Also Robin Roberts and Joan lunden are tnbc survivors. Take it one day at a time, step by step ❤️ it’s such a lot to process and you will find your way ❤️step by step and keep reaching out to bcn, do also use the ask the nurse facility and the someone like me facility you will be able to discuss everything that’s whizzing round you head ❤️ a good story called mountain lion by strawberry blonde is in the coffee lounge section of the forum, it’s inspired lots of us over the years ❤️ Breast Cancer Now is here for you and everyone on the forum is too ❤️ as much or as little as you need, step by step a day at a time ❤️ be gentle with yourself ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Charys
Community Champion

Hey Resh,

I'm sorry you've not had a reply yet, there are plenty of ladies with Triple Negative results on here, I'll find you a link to their page in a moment (they might not have seen your message on the Introduction section). It is ok to feel whatever you feel right now, nobody has to 'be strong', you can cry and feel scared - we've all been there. I will say this to you though, that once your treatment plan is put in place you do start to accept and move forward with more control. Everything is new for you now, and its a terrifically hard psychological place to be - every thought imaginable goes through your mind.

I didn't have the same diagnosis as you, so don't want to add anything about that specifically, but wanted you to know that you are far from alone - and will be far from alone during your treatment with all the support networks that you can access. x

Here we are, a special page on the forum where you can talk to others .....

https://forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Triple-negative-and-inflammatory/bd-p/4453

RESH

NEWLY DIAGNOSED

Hi all, I have just been diagnosed with invasive Duct Carcinoma and I have triple negative cells.

I'm very scared cause I am having the extensive mammogram on the 8th of August. And scan of my underarms on Thursday the 11th.

Has anyone had this same experience and they have said to me the cancer I have is aggressive and they want to check if it has spread.

I feel very scared and keep breaking down in tears and I know I should be strong.

Please advise