cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here

2 REPLIES 2
catzmagic

Re: New here

Thanks for sharing. I hope all goes well for you.

I had a very reassuring chat with my neighbour yesterday. She had identical perimenopause symptoms to me, then a lumpectomy followed by Tamoxifen. Menopause symptoms on Tamoxifen weren’t as bad as she was expecting and she’s been able to manage them with other medication. She thinks her ‘perimenopause’ was partly the cancer feeding off her natural oestrogen.

Linda Lou

Re: New here

I will share that I began menopause at the age of 44. I decided against taking hormone pills as they were linked to breast cancer. Ironic that 15 years later a tiny mass was found that was breast cancer, also grade 1.

I have had my lumpecty and am now doing 4 weeks radiation and then they want to give me a hormone pill to take for 5 years - not sure I will take that.

catzmagic

New here

Hello, nice to meet you all! I was diagnosed a few weeks ago, after finding a tiny lump, which everyone expected to be a benign cyst. I'm having a lumpectomy next week. I have an oestrogen-sensitive form of cancer. I'm relieved to have been diagnosed at grade 1 but am really anxious about the effects of anti-hormone and stopping HRT. I'm perimenopausal and took Oestrogel for around 9 months. My main perimenopause symptoms have been anxiety (on top of Generalised Anxiety Disorder), depression, confusion and bladder issues. I know I could take antidepressants but the thought of doing so is making me even more anxious! I would be interested to know how others have dealt with menopause symptoms without HRT. After watching the recent Davina McCall documentary, I'm wondering if testosterone is an option for menopause + breast cancer.