Hi,

I was diagnosed with oestrogen grade 2 invasive ductil carcinoma on the 16th of March. My tumour is 3.5cm and because I had had a mammogram 9 months previously, had an agonising wait to find out its HER2 status. Luckily that came back negative. 

It bothers me that for its size nothing was picked up in the mammogram but I believe that now all my previous results will be looked at and scrutinised.

While waiting to meet with my surgeon I found a further lump which turned out to be a couple of cysts that have now been asperated.

My op, lumpectomy and partial reconstruction, pedicle flap of tissue from underarm/back plus sentenial lymph node removal is planned for May 20th. (day before my 60th…Happy boob day to me ) The surgeon could have done it this coming friday 6th but unable to get pre op organised due to it being centralised across the area instead of at my hospital.

I want it out of me but worry so much about the scars and looking uneven, both on my breasts and also from the tissue site. They have said that if the margins are not clear I would have no option but do a mastectomy because of the tumour size.

Have any of you had the same type of surgery and can tell me how things look post surgery and once healed?

Welcome to the forum Ricey .You could ask about experiences of this type of op in the surgery section of the forum . Best of luck with your op . Jill x