Hi I’m Lisa a friend of mine recommended this forum to me.

My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago. 
she had mammogram and several biopsies taken. However yesterday the results were 

inconclusive and they think they missed the area where the tumour is because there were no cancer cells present. Consultant still believes it is 99.9% a cancerous lump but we now have to wait another 10/14 days to find out the results and treatment plan. 

therefore I thought I would join the forum for support and advice from others who are going through the same thing because my sister is a little reluctant to join at the moment.

she is a mum of 4 and aged 37 x

Hi Great that you are supporting your sister so well, the waiting is the worst, hopefully she will soon have a plan in place which I think makes most feel.a bit better. 

I found so much more helpful info on here from people in a similar position than I think you get from nurses , who are amazing but not actually experiencing the roller coaster.

Best wishes to you and your sister 

Hi @Lisa1975 , welcome to the Forum.

I hope your sister is doing ok. We’re always here if you or she ever need to be in touch.

We have a section of the Forum dedicated to people who are supporting loved ones living with breast cancer, in case you’d like to take a look.

Best wishes

Bernard

Hi @Lisa1975  - I’d also like to welcome you to this lovely forum, and am sending hugs and strength to you and your sister as you wait for results. The waiting time really is the hardest part as your mind can run into overdrive. So please use this forum as much as you need, to offload, to ask questions or just chat, whatever works for you. Everyone on here just “gets it” without explanation. It’s really lovely that you are supporting your sister, and I understand her hesitance to join a forum - I had never been on an online forum before I joined this one, but I am so glad I found this wonderful community and all the support.

One of the best pieces of advice I received was to take one day at a time. Another was to remember that “fears are not facts” and to deal with just what you know. If you can try to stay away from Google, but if you do want to do research please try to stay on reputable sites such as Breast Cancer Now.

Sending very best wishes. Evie xx