Newly diagnosed

Hello Everyone 

Thanks for adding me to this group. I am 53 and have recently been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer which looks like has spread to my lungs and bones. The outlook with treatment seems pretty positive and despite the initial shock I feel as though I am coming to terms with it, though I guess this is as much to do with my age as anything as my children are in their 20s and I feel as though I’ve lived a good life if I’ve only got 5-10 years left.  I went through breast cancer 11 years ago and medicine seems to have come on since then. 
Anyway, enough waffling, I’m looking forward to making new friends here and supporting each other through the ups and down of the treatments we are going through. 

Hi Shadders.  Keep positive as new breakthroughs and treatments are being worked on all the time.  Keep posting on here, you’ll find a lot of support from a lot of amazing women.  

Happy Thursday Shadders,

Welcome to the forum, we have all been there and now we are here for you.         So sorry to hear that your cancer has return after 11 years understandable this was a shock for you and the family.

What a positive Lady you sound as you say cancer has come on leaps and bounds together with medication. I wish you well in the road ahead please keep posting and let us know how you a getting on.

I’m sure you’re going to be a big help to lots of others on the forum.

Take good care, one day at a time.  
Big hugs Tili :rainbow: :rainbow:

Hello Shadders, 

I’ve recently been diagnosed with primary breast cancer. I was very distressed to begin with thinking of the worst possible outcomes. My first concern was for my family. As I’ve learnt more I’m amazed at the progress with breast cancer treatment which I guess has been driven by women and charities like Breast Cancer Now, thank you to all who have driven this progress.

Shadders, like you, my prognosis looks positive. I’m 60, my daughters are 29 and 32, my grandson has just turned one. My thought patterns were similar to you, they are grown up with great partners, they have good lives, my grandson’s other grandparents are fabulous and I’ve lived a good life so once I got over the shock I focused on dealing with my breast cancer and planning for the future. I expect it to be much longer than I initially thought. I’m a great fan of inspirational quotes and positive affirmations. Here are some I particularly like

• Grow with what you go through
  • Difficult paths often lead to beautiful destinations
  • The comeback is always greater than the setback
  • Stay close to anything that makes you glad to be alive.
    My surgery should be within the next 4 weeks.

Good luck with your journey. 

Wow.  You are a warrior.  You have battled and you will battle again.  x