Recent lumpectomy

Hi

I am new to this forum. Three weeks ago I had lumpectomy & lymph nodes biopsies. I was initially fine. Day case no problems. Since then I have struggled with a taught tendon (its called cording) I believe. I’ve bn advised to massage it with cream. I go to get my results in two weeks time. I’m trying to keep very positive about that. Just wanted to touch base with other people going through the same.

Thanks for reading

Nannyred Sorry you find yourself on here and cording can happen, please do ring the number on here and speak to a nurse if you’ve not been shown by your team how to massage it I’m sure others will pop on and advise their experience with cording :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

No cording after my mastectomy/lymph nodes biopsy on 23rd of June, but I do have cording under my armpit from the axillary lymph node clearance done on 21st July. I’ve been doing the recommended physio exercises every day and it’s been only slowly improving once the fluid in my armpit area progressively disappeared. A holiday to see my family where I swam in the lake nearly every day for 10 days has accelerated the improvements a bit. Now while still doing the physio I’m hoping the morning yoga might help too. I’ve been recommended to massage my scar with bio oil and it makes me feel good if nothing else.