SBC - LYMPHS, LUNGS, LIVER - ERIBULIN ONLY OPTION

Hi I’m Tracie, 

Age 52, diagnosed primary in 2013. Double Mx. Many different Chemos since. 13th July, 2022 told it had gone to pulmonary nodes in Lungs. Scan result today from 18th August. Now in neck nodes, various in chest wall and liver. 

Feel broken and scared, I’ve been so strong and just feel floored. Eribulin only chemo left available to me. 

Do I take it or have quality without it? What’s it like? My head has exploded and just felt now is the time to find a forum and seek support from ladies who must her it. 

Much love 

Tracie xx 

I don’t have the experience to guide you but there is another breast cancer site that is from the US which also gives great advice and guidance. It’s breastcancer.org. They have different forums with very active, knowledgeable members. Some of the forums you might find useful are the “Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY” and also perhaps “Are you currently (or have you been) in a Clinical Trial”. You can post questions and they’re usually quick to respond. This site is wonderful, too, of course with great people on it but I figured I’ll let you know about the other one also. And on a personal note I wish I could think of something to say that would help. I know you are overwhelmed and devastated. But I also know you are not alone and that there are people in your shoes and a wealth of information out there that could help you make a decision that you feel comfortable with. I hope an answer that you are at peace with comes soon. Many hugs sent your way. 

And if you go to that site and plug in the word “Eribulin” in their search engine a lot of conversations come up. So it’s definitely being talked about there.

Hi @millsey17  I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way. We are always here to support you. 

If you would like to talk things though, you can call our Breast Care Nurses on our free Helpline - 0808 800 6000. 

As @Shi  mentions, you can find more support such as the Someone Like Me support service on our website here: breastcancernow.org/information-support/support-you/someone-me

Sending warm wishes,
Shareena
Forum Moderation Team