hi everyone new here op soon and need some positivity

Hello

Ive got my op in 2 weeks and I need some positive tales, im having mastectomy with reconstruction and node clearance, and im very nervous/anxious which seems normal from some of the posts ive read. 

please no horror stories :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

I’m sorry you find yourself here.

I had a double mastectomy with immediate implant reconstruction, sentinel node biopsy in January. Recovery has been absolutely fine. I was back at work by March when I also started running again. It probably took me 2 months to feel physically back to normal.

I was emotionally a mess in the lead up to surgery but once it had been done I felt loads better. I did struggle waiting for the pathology but that’s because I’m a massive pessimist!

Physically, I found the drains the worst bit by a mile. Once they were out I was fine. You’re right to not listen to horror stories. I find people with negative stories talk about them more and the positive experiences often get missed.

Sending you lots of good thoughts x

@birdbrain   I had a single mastectomy, no reconstruction on 31 March.  Had no pain whatsoever and healing nicely.  It’s been a better experience than I was anticipating.  Good luck with your surgery, before you know it, it will all be done and your can rest up and recover.