Aching Breast

HI,

had lumpectomy nearly 10 months ago now, with nodes also removed in armpit, but finding this area now aches, and I have increased my walking (at pace) as was doing the moon walk, so assuming its scar tissue and normal…but?, welcome responses from anyone who has experienced this

Hi Allyson, I had lumpectomy and some nodes out then rads. I’m still tender. Not to extent of using pain killers but it’s noticeable and constant. Mentioned to breast nurse yesterday and she said it can be the case to have discomfort for 12 months from operation. But to book appointment to be checked if goes past 12 months. There’s no sign of infection, so I guess for me it’s just trauma to the tissue and patience is a virtue. 

I had lumpectomy, one lymph node removed and radiotherapy Dec 2014.  Over 5 years later I can still tell that the area is more tender than the other breast, not painful, but if I poke around or it gets bashed I can feel it.  Wouldn’t quite call it an ache though.  I mention it every time I have a follow up with oncologist and it always gets brushed off.  I too am assuming it’s scar tissue.  I’ve had 5 clear mammograms since my diagnosis so hoping for the best.  Good luck!

Hi, I had a lumpectomy in 2012 and some nodes removed, chemo and rads also. I have recently started having an ache in breast as well. Glad I’ve seen this post, will see how it goes and maybe get it check out. I first thought it was because I’m back working after 6weeks off with lockdown. Not so worried now, glad I came on here for a look, not been on in ages.