Best time of day to take tamoxifen?

I have been taking tamoxifen for a few months now.  When I first started taking it I had seen a comment about the best time to take it was as you go to bed but I haven’t had a decent nights sleep since?  

Does anyone else have this problem and would it make any difference if I changed to taking it first thing in the morning?

Hi Lynsey, I’ve been on tamoxifen now for over 16months, I take it every night just before I go to bed, they are always by my bed side table, so I don’t forget. I’ve had no problems at all with sleeping at night, it might be worth though changing your time and see how u get on, first thing in the morning might be worth trying.Xx

I take Tamoxifen first thing in the morning as it makes me feel a bit sick just after I’ve taken it. The morning just works for me. I can’t say my sleep pattern is better for taking it then compared to at night! I really hope you get s good nights sleep soon. I’ve been in it for 4 years and in my opinion it does get easier xxx

Oh another thing. Maybe review the brand with your GP after a while if you don’t get on with it? I read that the brand can affect different people? X

Hi like yourself I’ve only been taking it for a few months. I also take mines at night. I have always been a great sleeper as soon as head hit the pillow but first few weeks on tamoxifen I was up and down through the night. I couldn’t decide if it was the medication or just anxiety about the whole situation so I started doing some relaxation techniques when I go to bed and for now it’s much better. I don’t have any other side effects. Good luck. X

I will begin taking Tamoxifen tomorrow. Does it work better with fewer side effects by taking it in the morning or at night?