cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time of day to take tamoxifen?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Best time of day to take tamoxifen?

Hello.

I have just started to take and from reading everyone's messages I've started to take mine at 8.00 pm in evening   reason is didn't know how they would effect me. Thank you everyone . 

Hi like yourself I've only been taking it for a few months. I also take mines at night. I have always been a great sleeper as soon as head hit the pillow but first few weeks on tamoxifen I was up and down through the night. I couldn't decide if it was the medication or just anxiety about the whole situation so I started doing some relaxation techniques when I go to bed and for now it's much better. I don't have any other side effects. Good luck. X

Oh another thing. Maybe review the brand with your GP after a while if you don’t get on with it? I read that the brand can affect different people? X

I take Tamoxifen first thing in the morning as it makes me feel a bit sick just after I’ve taken it. The morning just works for me. I can’t say my sleep pattern is better for taking it then compared to at night! I really hope you get s good nights sleep soon. I’ve been in it for 4 years and in my opinion it does get easier xxx

Hi Lynsey, I’ve been on tamoxifen now for over 16months, I take it every night just before I go to bed, they are always by my bed side table, so I don’t forget. I’ve had no problems at all with sleeping at night, it might be worth though changing your time and see how u get on, first thing in the morning might be worth trying.Xx

Best time of day to take tamoxifen?

I have been taking tamoxifen for a few months now.  When I first started taking it I had seen a comment about the best time to take it was as you go to bed but I haven't had a decent nights sleep since?  

Does anyone else have this problem and would it make any difference if I changed to taking it first thing in the morning?