Breast diary

4 REPLIES 4
catt57

Re: Breast diary

Thank you Saskia hope your doing well ❤️❤️💕

catt57

Hi Bookish,

I do hope I don’t need anymore ops, but I might need a third to reconstruct my breast lol, I just got my test results and I still have the cancer cells in me , but one good thing is I’m am just under the edge to have chemo, so now I just need the radiotherapy , so now just waiting for word when I need to start my next lot of treatment, so I just hope the radiotherapy kills  the rest of the cancer cells , I do hope your feeling better chick .

bookish

Hi catt57

I'm so glad you're pleased with the route you took 🙂

And yes, I've been keeping a 'photo journal', too. I had three ops last year: lumpectomy, reduction, and skin-sparing mastectomy, so there was a lot of change to look back on. I'm still doing photos, a little less often, to view how the settling is going.

Really funny to me is how the first ones - the before everything - felt kind of 'naughty' and hope no-one ever sees these, and then it was such a 180 to medical and halfway to "I'd flash at anyone that wants to see them" LOL!

SaskiaE_BCN
Community Manager

Hi Catt57

Thanks for sharing your experience 💕 

Wishing you all the best for your next treatments.

Saskia 

catt57

Breast diary

Hi everyone 

I’ve just joined the forum and looking and reading is helping me know I’m not alone, ok I was wondering has anyone else took  photos of their breast before and after surgery ? Well I did I find it sort of helps me through the journey that I am now on after having my 4cm lump removed, I had a fantastic surgeon who helped me decide what to do and where to go and gave me time to think.

when I first found out my options from a different surgeon to my own, I opted for a mastectomy , as I was told all the the positive sides, I went home to think about it all, went back to see my surgeon , she talked me out of a mastectomy and how it would effect my everyday life style, she offered me a Bellini breast reduction, she told me not many surgeons will do this in case it goes wrong but I had faith in my surgeon so this include operations on both my breasts so I said ok, she drew me diagrams on what would happen on the day of my operation , I’m so glad I did listen to my surgeon as the operation went very well and I have now both breasts the same size, so this is when I decided to start a diary for to look back on to see the journey I went through, I still had a second opp on just my right breast where the cancer was, they needed to take a slither as there were still signs of the cancer that a microscope can only fine which is naked to the human eye also one of my lymph nodes, so I’m waiting to see when I have to go for my next stage of treatment.

THANKYOU if you have read it all.