Cording/Mondors disease under breast

Hi Ladies, I had a lumpectomy in August 2019 then radiotherapy in December 2019 Everything seemed fine then I came back from holiday in July 2020 ( I managed to get to Tenerife and back the day before 2 wks quarantine started) anyway I found cording in my armpit with the line indentation underneath the breast. The cording went away in the armpit but I could then feel a tight vein/ ligament underneath the breast going over my ribs ( mondors disease). I had a mammogram and mri, everything was fine they said. But, 6 months on it’s feeling sore and tighter, the line is still visible over the bottom half of breast snd over my ribs I can feel it when a rub my fingers over it, my ribs feel bruised and look swollen, but I don’t think they are.  This maybe (flared ribs) apparently left hand side ribs stick out more anyway. Have my ribs always stuck out unevenly and I’m only just noticing as they are sore??? Or is it all to do with this cord/ radiotherapy. Who knows. I don’t want to keep bothering the nurses at the hospital. Anyone suffered with the tight cord under breast? Thankyou 

Hi @cathesimmo  thank you for your post, I’m sorry to hear this. 

You may find it helpful to speak to one of our Breast Care Nurses on our freephone Helpline - 0808 800 6000. Please remember we are here to help, our Nurses are always happy to help answer any questions you may have.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to write to our Nurses, you can get in touch with them in the Ask Our Nurses area of the Forum and they can respond to you online.

Best wishes,
Shareena
Social Media Officer

Hi, I’ve just come across your post as I’m experiencing something very similar so just wondering how your getting on? Also, did you get a Mondor’s diagnosis? I had my lumpectomy Nov 18 and radiation the following Jan but noticed last week when I raised my arm I get a vertical line indent under breast and I have a tight cord/ligament on the fold that goes down onto my ribs, plus ribs have felt really sore in that area. Do you think that sounds similar to your experience? I’m panicking now something is not right but luckily have been given an appointment for Monday xx

So I saw my breast surgeon today about ongoing pain in my left breast (cancer side) and I mentioned the tight cord running down my right ribs. She said it’s not mondors because it’s not in the breast ??‍ :female_sign: Anyway she sent me for an ultrasound on my right painful boob… which is all fine (thank goodness) and seems to be due to a combination of thickened scar tissue, radiotherapy induced fibrosis and oedema… oh the joy! I mentioned to the doctor doing the ultrasound that I had this hard vein type thing running down over my right rib and she had a look with the ultrasound, she said it looks ok ‘not thrombotic’?!? Didn’t really give me an explanation for it and didn’t seem concerned. So I’m going to massage it daily and see how it feels in a week or two and if no better I’ll go to my gp. 
Maybe it’s just me but I feel like there’s always something going on to remind me of this horrible journey that I never wanted to take in the first place!! ?

blackcat x