cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essex Girls!

Lily200

Re: Essex Girls!

Hi,
a meet up sounds good, when is best for you ladies still on chemo. Although it might mean more for us if you are off the chessecake!! Hope you are all ok and Sheila thanks x
Lily x

daisy999

OH BUGGER! The 'Pink Party' is the same day as my chemo....arghhhhhhhhhh..........so that rules me out, what a pain. Damn...

All is well here, feeling fine.

Sharon.Bas - how are you doing matey?
Helen - glad to hear girly is on the mend, say Hi to Cheryl for me please.

Love to everyone else, and I hope we can all meet up soon.

Daisy xxxxxxx

julie_rose

Hi Everyone

Well had shower today and lots of hair everywhere,but still thin covering i think so will wait till tomorow to wer WIG SCARVES ETC!
sHARON?Daisy , I had thrush last time ,it was horrid and used mouth wash they gave me ,and then fluxadine anti biotics, like Helen had. did help but seem to give me stomach cramps but maybe it wasnt them and just had them anyway!
Helen, glad daughter is ok and managing ok. poor love, I will definitly like to go to pink Party and will check who else fancies it?
Shelia. do you fancy PInk Party still, Helen and me will go and Maybe some of the others, would Angela be interested? Also Penny my friend may come too.
Will have to get numbers in couple of weeks and then book up.
Well off to Look good ,feel good now with Nicola

Love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lily200

Hi,
just wanted to wish you all a good week or getting better every day if not. Daisy, I suffered badly with it attacking my mouth. Felt like I had been in the Sahara for 2 weeks with my mouth wide open. Had steroids for my tongue - imagine going to bed with a lump of lard stuck to your tongue and it getting stuck to the roof of your mouth when you swallowed! lol. Also had liquid saliva drops which made me heave as kept wondering if they were gathered from dribbling dogs!!Yuk. Also had nystatin drops in caes I had thrush on my tongue. Sometimes the cures are as bad as the side effects for me. Anyway hope that gave you a good chuckle and keep cracking the jokes to get you through all this c..p. Helen have a fab good week before the next, getting near the end now, well done. Sharonbas I am sure you shouldn't be doing all that cleaning. Has anyone mentioned lymphoedema to you as you need to be careful or you get stuck with that forever. Tons of luck for results on Thursday. Take someone with you and get them to write everything down. One thing to consider is whether to go on a research trial if you are suitable for one. Not sure if Basildon take part, Broomfield do. I am on one if you want to know anything. Basically you want to know which chemo and how many doses, how many rads if you are having them. I would also ask generally about the surgery, the problems you have had. They usually tell you pathology results too. Hi to everyone else, must fly to pick son up or I will be tired tomorrow as well.
take care
Lily x

Diamond9

Hi All

Hope everyone is ok?

Glad you had a lovely weekend Julie, sounds really good fun and nice to spend time with Nicola. Are you getting geared up for number 2? My head itched really badly, it hurt and tingled before my hair came out but no scabs, what about using a really mild shampoo?
My daughter is doing fine thanks, she is managing to do everything one handed and even asking to have her bike out - no way! If I end up in Casulty one more time,I am sure they will be calling social services, she hurt her ankle about 4 weeks ago and went in for an
x-ray, she's so accident prone!!! What's the plan about the Pink Party are we getting a job lot of tickets or getting them individually, I'm up for it but don't want to order a ticket if I'm going to end up on my own like billy-no-mates - what do you reckon?

I have had quite a good week and gearing up for number 5 this time next Tuesday. I can't believe where the time has gone. I was meant to be going up to watch my cousin run the marathon on Sunday but have decided against it because the crowds, germs etc and think it'll be a really long day, don't want to feel shattered and my bloods be low when I go on Monday! I'll cheering him on the TV though, he is running for Cancer Research UK and wants to beat his personal best of 3 hours - I have to say, that level of fitness did not extend to my side of the family!!

Sharon.bas glad to hear you are home - don't over do it though. Take it easy and make them pamper you a bit, you have been through a horrific experience and need time to let your body heal. Take good care of yourself.

Tracey, I had a quick read back and notice you are moving, hope you move goes smoothly.

Lily, sounds like you had a good week away in Hampshire, a bit of escapism is always good!! Back to reality and to school now!

Daisy, hope number 2 went ok, the tongue thing sounds a bit nasty, I've suffered with horrible oral thrush each time, was given Difflam mouthwash but didn't help much so now have some Flucanazole? tablets that seem to do the trick.

Love to everyone else and keep well
Helen x

sharon_bas

Hi ladies

been visited by district nurse today I am now well trussed up and getting used to being at home, I have cooked, done washing and mopped the floor, not sure anyone has noticed I have been away oh well
Daisy hope you found somthing nice to scap the cling film off.
My mind is now turning to Thursday when I get my results, not sure what to expect in as much what info they give you, I will try and look up on web site re what to ask

hope all are well
Sharon bas

daisy999

Hi - just a quickie, who snuck in during the night and wrapped my tongue in clingfilm????????? YUK.......

Me xx

julie_rose

Hi To everyone

Well I have just come back from a weekend in sussex with Nicola! It was really nice and just wanted to stay there and not have to worry about my next chemo and hair falling out any day now! Surprised not actualy started yet but think maybe due to me having it cut very short but I have noticed i have scabs on head! and a couple of lumps and very itchy head! Can anyone else remember if they had lumps ,scabs etc before or during hair fall out?
We went to Winnie Pooh country saw Pooh s bridge and played pooh sticks took lots of pics that are on nicola s facebook if anyone wants to be nosy or have a laugh.Went to Hastings Hove etc to and ate cockles prawns and fish! I rang chemo up last week to see if you could eat sea food as thoght heard you shouldnt ,but they said its fine so i did!

Anyway Sharon I am so sorry to hear all the trouble you have gone through at hospital ,you poor thing , you really have been through it! Really hope it all improves now and you stay out of there!
Helen, how is your daughter? I hope you can come to pink party, wil see about tickets in a couple of weeks. Think Shelia may come I hope and Poss Tracy and Sharon, and others maybe.
Daisy/Sharon
so your 2nd chemo was ok. mine is fri again! I will take anti sickness tablets this time and hope thrush is not so bad as this time! I tasted metal for at least a week and went of food and drink so dreading all that,and horrid injections and steriods!
Love to everyone else, Angela.Shelia, Tracy.Sharon, SHaron and SHaron! and Lilly and everone else, glad results of scans ok Tracy and hope everyone else waiting for scan results etc is good.love from juliexxx

Lily200

Hi,
gosh a lot to read but back from my little jaunt into Hampshire. Had a really nice week with nothing medical going on at all and it it was all drifting so nicely out of my mind until I remembered I see the prof soon to get my results and need to have blood taken. Booo.
Hope you managed to catch up last week was it just a chat or did they do anything at HR?
Sharonbas I don't know what to say except poor you and it will get better and you are over the worst. Sounds dreadful and you are a real trooper to keep your chin up through all that c..p.
Tracey hooray for the scans, boo for the discs and hyena. Will they be trapping the beast and sorting it out? Lots of luck with moving, especially keeping the house ready for viewers each weekend. A nightmare! Send Sharon2 a hug from me and hoep both sets of scalps are growing hair at double speed. Daisy thinking of you as I am sure you will be a bit anxious after your trouble last time. Sounds like you are coping well with the public poisoning so chin up and look forward to those alright and good days coming your way very soon. Little tip, while on chemo buy the softest loo paper you can find!
Where is the pink party and are many people going? Sounds good fun if not knackered from work.
Everyone else keep chugging along and hope this is a nice week for you and we get some sunshine
Lily x

moonshine

Sharon, I can't believe what a horrendous time you have been having!! You must be so fed up with it all, hope the worst is over for you now and you recover very soon xx.

Daisy, pleased you are not feeling to grog on the chemo. Like the lager lout description. I used to get really loud random hiccups like some old wino.

Helen and Julie, hope you are both doing okay on your chemo, it will soon be over. The Pink Party sounds fun, I'm up for it. Sharon2 is off line at the moment but I will tell her about it.

Lily, hope you had a really lovely holiday with your family and are feeling refreshed and raing to go!

Well my hair is slowing growing, nice and thick now but no length to it. I have noticed a few grey hairs, how rude. I have been given the all clear on my bone and ct scans, although it was discovered my aches and pains are caused by degenerative disc wear and I also have a hiatus hyena as I like to call it, although it's not laughing! I thought all the terrible heartburn I had was the chemo, but it seems not, guess I'm just getting old!! I'm trying to move house at the moment so have been very busy sorting that out, but I feel it's the right thing for me now.

Love to you all and to anyone I haven't mentioned hope you are okay.

Lots of love
Tracey xxxx

sharon_bas

hi ladies

just to let know my latest, went to the doctors yesterday and sent back to the ward I left just over 24 hours ago, got there at 5.30pm I was admitted to the ward at 11 pm doctor eventually came to see me at 3am. morphine and anti sickness drugs pumped into me and drip of anti biotics put up at 6.30am by 7.30 my side had errupted as an undetcted abscess burst in my drain site. then came a period of asperaton when the surgeon on call announced I would have to go back to theater. luckerly another surgeon came down and was successful in getting out another 400mls they then put on a pressure dressing, well I was eventuall let home with much of my instance with different lot of antibiotics as they now know my infection is penicillin restistant, but my wound site has filled up with liquid again and is sloshing like a hot water bottle, very disconcerting but ai least I am in less pain now, also got the district nurses comming on Monday . So I am back home now and be darned if I am going back to hospital before my out patients appointment on the 23rd. had first glass of wine tonight must be feeling better.

thank you for letting my rave hope to see you all soon

Sharon Bas

daisy999

Greetings - number 2 went well, nothing to report so far. Helen so glad you warned me about the belching, I sound like a lager lout! So unladylike!

Am tired today, thanks to the many trips to the loo last night, but better out than in!

Love to you all & will be in touch soon.

Sharon xxxxxxxxxxxx

Diamond9

Hi All

Haven't posted for a while as I've had problems with my pc - a right pain!!

Julie - hope to make it to the Pink Evening too, I am going to see 'We will Rock you' the night before so just hope I'm not too knackered! Good to see you the other night, hope the hair is holding out and you are not suffering with your sore throat.

Sharon.Bas - you poor thing, you have been through such a rotten time, I couldn't believe it when the girls at the support group told me and then I read your posting, how awful for you. I really hope you are on the mend and taking it really easy. Hope you have lots of help and support at home?!

Daisy - hope the chemo went well today and your hair holds out too, looking forward to comparing our 'Ericas' when I see you next. Enjoy your time with the mother-in-law 😉

Flora - thanks for being honest with me about the steriods, I did call the chemo unit and 'no problem' thank goodness.

Hi to everyone else, Sharon2, Tracey, Lily, DebsH, Angela and anyone else I've forgotten. Hope you are all well.

Love Helen x

sharon_bas

Hi all.
good luck to you daisy, hope fry up was all it should be. I could not do with all the shedding and bauld spots so I shaved the head pretty early, but that suited me. hope mother in law not to troublseome.
thanks for all your comments, as you may have guessed I came out of hospital last night. things still not good, drains remained in for 11 days but after nine bc decided to leave them in but de vacced because one of the drains was sucking on a nerve in my chest wall causing immense pain. Surgeon had still managed not to look at my wound, when drains came out yesterday nurses were very concerned as drains were followed by large amounts of pus , sorry if anyone was eating,. I was trotted over too breast clinic to see surgeon Who confirm wide spread infection was given anti biotics and let home. now area all swollen wounds still oozing and redness tracking down my side. tried to get a doctors appointment but now have to wait until 4pm to see if I can get an emergency appointment, hope I can needs some reassurence, not due back to hospital until 23rd and I dont think I can wait that long, generally feeling very sick and constipated oh joy
good to hear from you Julie hope thrush and your digestive system settle down soon. you should be taking it more easy.

hope everyone else is well
Best Wishes
Sharon bas

daisy999

Yoo-hoo, I am still here, stuffing my face with bread and Golden Syrup as I have to take my steroids in a mo. Off to be poisoned at 11.30, but going to get there a bit early for a medicinal fry up!

I was going to Kojak myself yesterday as the No2 my son gave me the weekend looks like someone mistook me for a chicken and has had a go at plucking me! Then I had a change of mind. M-in-law is coming to stay today for 4 days (ARGHHHH) so I decided against notal nut nudeness as she is highly likely to make a comment about how strange/odd I look. If I am in one of my mouthy moods, she would end up in A&E strapped to an ECG machine, so I decided not to go the whole way. Mind you there is inheritence to consider.........mmmmmmmm....

I am up for a pink night out, Julie, do you want me to send you a cheque or to one of the ladies you mentioned with an SAE?

Heres hoping No2 goes just as well as No1 did ...'cheers' she says raising her cuppa!

Best wishes to you all...........Daisy xxx

DebsH

Hi Julie and everyone,

THE PINK PARTY ....this sounds good.. where is it.. if I am about I will be up for it and try to get my mates to come.. I have some really nice gay friends (men) who would love to dress up in pink as well!!

Its all gone a bit quiet on the Essex front, hope you are okay Sharon Bas and hopefully out of hosp soon. Daisy hope your chemo is going okay. Julie, know what you mean about the hair mine nearly there and I must say it feels great now but looks c... whatever... who cares. Went back to Southend today and wigs look good as new had a hair cut ha ha. Take care everyone.

Love DebsHx

julie_rose

Dear All..............THE PINK PARTY

I ment to tell people about this party advertised in the Breast Clinic,
Its on the 19th June 7.30 to midnight, its £15 a ticket. Live band
Raffle Auction and refreshments.

Dress code: YOU MUST WEAR PINK!

proceeds go to Breast Cancer Care Unit

For info contact Sharon, Plaster Room, Broomfield Hospital on 01245 514506 or Linda on 01245 514201.

It sounds good ,and i would like to go if anyone fancies it too, it would be nice if a few of us could make it,

Have a sore throat now and indigestion! all the talking I have been doing today i hope
love juliexxx ps. if any one wants to go I dont mind ordering tickets x

julie_rose

Hi everyone

Well had really busy stressful Easter! Mum moved Saturday and helped a bit to unpack and move her so was shattered after!Had tHRUSH BAD SO PUT ON ANTI BIOTICS! they gave me horrid pains in tummy so stopped them after 4 tablets Think had most things this week gone including high temp of 38 that went down again luckly! Finally today had another massage at Helen R centre on back , nice but arm hurts now! NOw seem to have indigestion! But at least i can taste my food again and feel abit like eating although tummy dont know if its got constpation or diarahoa! Anyway just waiting for hair to come out now its itching alot!
Hope everyone who went for meal had a good time and hope to see alot of you wed eve at centre!
So sorry Sharon bas about what you have been through , how awful\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\i had 2 lots of blod and that was frightening enough! So sorry you had all the brusing so bad, that does fade quickly i was black all over my back at first, Do hope you come out of hospital soon , take care and good wishes to you. Hope Sharon and Tracy you are both well. Also Helen hope your porr daughter is ok after her accident with wrist, see you tomorrow i hope, and Shelia it was lovely to meet you properly THursday!
see you at 7.15 tomorrow if thats stil ok to pick me up?
LOve to all

juliexxxx

daisy999

Anyone heard how Julie is doing?

Daisy x

DebsH

Hi Sharon

You poor thing, you sound like you have been to war and back again!! Nothings easy in this life.... anyway the bruising situation looks like you put up a pretty good fight! But seriously though I can't believe no one has any answers for you of what went wrong. It is bad enough to go through all this s... without all these other problems. Anyway keep your chin up and look forward to coming out and enjoying your life again not to mention a nice bottle of vino... not long to go. p.s. I hope they are treating you nice in therex

Take care
Love DebsHx

daisy999

sharon.bas - blimey Mrs, what a tale. Sorry to hear it went a bit 'tits up'...that was a bad joke, I know! Hope you stop leaking soon and start recovering. Keep smiling and chin up matey. xxxx

Debating whether to shave my head today or not, my hair is really thick (like moi) and I have loads left to shed, but am getting fed up moulting!

Am feeling fine and eager to get no 2 over with on Friday.

Hope everyone is well, pity the weather is so bloody miserable, it would have been nice to have sat in the garden for a few hours.

Love to all...Daisy xxx

sharon_bas

Hello everyone, thank you all for your kind comments and hope Lily sharon2 and tracey enjoyed your meal.
well I have gone and done it, I am offically lacking a mammary, a one tit wonder, been under the knife and walking lopsided.
as is the story of my life, things never straight forward and a few hours after my op, they could not get a blood pressure reading and I went into cardiac distress, ended up having two blood transfusionss and 4 units of blood ,had two doctors and 4 nurses working on me all night. no one as given me any explaination for any of this, the up shot is I am still in hospital and I am currantly filling up vac bottles 11 and 12 , still loosing over 400mls per day, I am writing this, as I got so upset during the week when the other lady who had a mastectomy swanned off home, staff conceeded to allow me some home leave today for a few hours but have too be back before 6pm. dont know when I will be let out. I am horrified at the state of my body. the wound and drains were never going to look good but I have severe brusing from just below my chin to mid torso. large areas of brusing on my stomach and my remaining boob is now black. staff said thay have never seen anything like it. But they have got know answers, last saw surgeon on thurday morning he did not look at my wound only at drainage bottles and said oh your in until Monday, however there has been no let up on the drainage front and he wont be available until after hols so I dont know what will happen, sort of regretting comming home the place not exactly as spikand span as I would like it, nothing special in for my tea and the buggers had aq BBQ last last night, I am speechless, well thanks for op to rant I am off to make myself somthing to eat before gathering some more clothes together and back off to the hospital

love
Sharon bas

daisy999

Morning all - let the shedding begin! Legs smooth, lady garden getting there and the head slowly moulting. Nothing on my pillow as yet, but washing my hair leaves my fingers tangled up! It wont be long before 'Marie & Erica' are out of their boxes!

Am feling great and still have no nasties to report,so making the most of it. Fingers crossed this Friday's poisoning goes as good as no1 has.

Happy Easter to you all.

Daisy xx

Lily200

Hi,
just Sharon2, Tracey and I today, so lots of munching and chatting as usual, well Sharon was being good. Staff at Fox and Raven were extra polite, not sure if they recognised us! Ok so guess which one did the usual this time??? By that I mean either got a boob out or took their wig off??? Prize for the first correct response.
Helen sorry to hear about your daughter and hope it is not a complicated fracturs needing more than a plaster. Which arm? Fab you are a bit better although I was never sick so even once sounds too often to me. I dodged tablets as well as the steroids always wrecked my focusing for days.
Take care everyone
Lily x

daisy999

Oh dear Helen, poor kid. Mine haven't broken anything this year, normally we keep the fracture clinic in business! It was getting to the point where I where I was going to ask them to name the new wing afer us!

Good news that no4 went well. Fingers x it continues.

I am feeling great. Apart from the 'episode', all has been ok. No nasties at all.

Didn't make the meeting today as hubby is off and I felt a bit rude going out without him! Hope lunch was a hoot.

Love to all....Daisy x

Diamond9

Hello all, expect you are having a lovely lunch and a chat as I write, would have loved to have met up with you but was a bit unsure of how I would be.

Well made it through number 4 yesterday - had a lovely nurse this time, kept well away from the miserable moo with needle attitude that I had last time. A bucket of hot water and hey presto first time she managed to get a line!! Wasn't half as sick this time and have even left off the steriods and anti-sick tablets this morning, I am being a bit of a rebel, I just hope it doesn't catch up with me later!

All was going well yesterday, until my friends took my daughter along with their kids to an Ice skating course at Riverside (thought it would be something to occupy her during school hols while I was resting), she fell and hurt her wrist. Ended up with my Dad rushing her up to A&E early this morning only to find she had fractured her wrist - that has kind of buggered up my plans of taking it easy this week! Never mind, no peace for the wicked eh?!

Hope you are all doing ok and those of you having lunch - enjoy! Look forward to catching up with you next week.

Love Helen x

Lily200

Hi,
Tracey I have spoken to Flora and she said she will gladly give you a piggy back, so you are all sorted!! Fab you are joining us. I went to a gym today after they offered 3 sessions with a personal trainer for £10, so legs are jellyish tonight. I may be on double puds to cheer myself up if it hurts a lot tomorrow when I see you! Daisy the neuts go down from about day 8 I think so I would guess you are likely to be on the way up by now. No way of knowing and it will be a personal decision. I am fine and I think anyone would tell you if they were dodgy (sick). One of the reasons we always went to the Fox & Raven was because it is big rooms and so less likey to pick up a bug if someone near. Totally understand if you want to leave it as it is your first one. I thought you were having GCSF jabs so thought that meant your neuts don't drop? There will be lots of other times if you want to be careful as it is school hols too.
See all/some of you tomorrow. Helen hope today went ok and hope Sharon is now on the mend after the op. Hi to everyone else
Lily x

daisy999

Greetings - some advice ladies, tomorrow will be day 12 (I think) for me and my immune system is low, is it a good idea to meet up with you all?

I feel fab, but would appreciate some words of wisdom!

Daisy xx

moonshine

Helen, hope chemo goes okay today, and Daisy excellent news about scan.

I have signed up for Race for Life as figured if I get tired Lily and Flora can take turns in giving me a piggy back, hee hee.

I will be at Fox and Raven tomorrow, hope to see some of you there.

Tracey x

Lily200

Hi,
Helen I will be walking the race as is Flora. If your daughter agrees to just walk I will gladly look after her for you round the course. I would def not be able to keep up if she ran at all though.Lots of luck for numero 4 and hope it passes quickly and smoothly. Yes I was gulping reading names everywhere on people's backs last year and even worse when I saw the people with my name on their back. Gulp. Will be too busy trying to get to the end this year to boo I reckon. Daisy well done, brilliant news and quite a relief I am sure. Best wishes to everyone else

Big meet this Wednesday at the Fox and Raven, Chelmer Village. We decided to give them another go as the day staff have always been very nice to us and we can dob on the pony tailed rottweiler. Meeting at 12.30 ish. Everyone welcome to just turn up or post if you want us to meet you at a strategic point so you can recognise us. (LOL we either have a short back and sides or a dead beaver on our heads!!!!!) You can eat or just have a drink. We should be there for quite a while. Tracey, Sharon2 and I will def be there. Anyone else able/want to join us?
Lily x

Diamond9

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the good wishes, in for my 4th chemo tomorrow, just ticking them off now and can't wait for them to be out the way, a real inconvenience during school hols!

Hope everyone is ok...........

Daisy, brilliant news re: bone scan, a huge relief for you. Hope you are feeling bit better?

Lily, hope your annual check went well today.

Sharon.Bas, hope your surgery went well for you today - thinking of you.

Julie, hope you are doing ok and feeling like you are back in the land of the living.

Sharon & Tracey, hope all is going ok for you both.

Flora, good to hear from you, catch up with you at the next meeting.

Maxdare, meeting is at The Helen Rollason Cancer Heal Centre, Rochelle House, Lawn Lane, Chelmsford (it's the house next to Springfield Capio Hospital). There is a website that might show a map, meeting is 7.30-8.30pm (they are fairly strict on closing up time). Be good to meet you.

Hello to anyone else I've forgotten.

Really wanted to do Race for Life but will still be on my rads so not sure if I'll be too tired, I've decided to come along and cheer everyone on including my 9 year old daughter who is desperate to run the race for me, bless her. Just hope I can stop sobbing - in previous years I found myself very emotional with the terrific atmosphere and that was before I was diagnosed, so God knows what I'll be like!!!

Love to you all, take care & keep well
Helen xx

MAXDARE

hi everyone thank you all for your comments and advise so nice to chat to people who really now what you are feeling like. i would like to go to next meeeting can anyone tell me where and when please. thanks Max

daisy999

Just a quickie - bone scan.....clear! Just got to get this afternoons one out of the way..

Daisy x

flora55

Hi Lily

Signed up for the race for life today so you will have someone to walk with, no running please!! Spoke to Angela today and she is hoping to do it too. Good luck for tomorrow these check ups are always scary. I got my results straight away but not sure if that will happen to you.

Daisy -good luck with your scans

Sharon bas - I think you were going in today so must be on the early list for tomorrow. Hope to hear from you when you get home soon. Hope all went well.

Helen - good luck with next weeks chemo and hope to see you soon.

Julie - hope tomorrow is not too bad and you will feel better later in the week !

Hello Sharon and Tracey hope you are both doing ok on the injections and pills.

Hello to others I have not met and may meet if you go to the Support group the week after this.

Flora x

Lily200

Hi,
Well my giant visitor who is unable to shower or bathe due to his ulcerated legs is making me wish my sense of smell had not come back after chemo. Hubby said he could stay a week and promptly made sure he was in the office every day. My son and I are not amused as we have now had our week hijacked. He is a nice enough chap (visitor, hubby in bad books now!) but the Bo nearly stopped me eating dinner tonight. So I think I will be out and about a lot this week. Not looking forward to mammos tomorrow but will be very hyper if come out with a smile and maybe that will help me turn the corner a bit. Forgot to enquire whether I get the result on the same day and whether I see my favourite news presenter Trevor McDonald or the rather lovely European doc who gives the most thorough touchy feely ever when he sees you. As long as I don't see the maniac plate slammer for the mammos I will be ok. Nearly fainted last time as it lasted so long and she nearly knocked me over trying to push me into the machine so sore everywhere. Beast! Still I should not be moaning when Sharonbas you are going for your mx tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and hope you are at the front of the theatre list for the op so don't have to hang aroung starving and thirsty for too long.7 days seems a long time, think Bev was out in 3 or 4 from memory. Might be wrong there. How fab if you get lovely easter eggs or do you think that would be just the kids ward? Loved the alcoholic mouthwash idea.LOL. You sound like you are ready for this now, so hope you are not just being brave for us, will be thinking of you dancing along the corridor now. Just make sure you aren't still in one of the backless gowns so everyone gets a good view of your backside. By the way keep your knickers on for surgery!! Tracey really hope Arthur has not become the lodger. I agree NHS holidays to the sun to pick up vitamins. Wish Nev would get the keep fit started as getting wider every day, sure it is the tamoxifen. On the other hand I can eat chocolate again now and it is like discovering it for the first time and so lovely. Daisy, I would ring for the results. Not sure who as I am on a research trial so have my own nurse for anything. Maybe london rd? Nothing ever came in the post with results for me. Good luck for the scan tomorrow too. You arrive early to have an hour to drink a jug of liquid so go thirsty! Not allowed to go to the loo after a certain time, think 30 mins before from memory. Bev went with me and had warned me that she had to drink yukky thick creamy stuff that made her gag. I was really dreading it as gag easily with medicine. Told them could not face it as on chemo and they gave me an alternative which was just like drinking ordinary water. Bev could not believe it ha ha!!! Small needle in your arm and the process is no problem just wizz in and out a rainbow shape, not enclosed at all. Waiting room was like a morgue though on the day we went! Debs who is the new person you are feeling,lol. Lots of luck for your next tax and hope side effects not too grotty for you. Soon be another one done and dusted on that big tick list. Julie and Helen good luck with the coming week, hope it feels like you are making progress at least and getting nearer the end of all this treatment. Flora have you signed up for the race for life, well walk in our case. Anyone else joining us?
Take care everyone
Lily x

moonshine

Good luck Sharon, will be thinking of you tomorrow and look forward to you being back here soon.
Take care
Tracey xx

sharon_bas

Hi all
Debs great to hear you had a lovely week, back to the grindstone eh. when my hair started to come out had to reach for the razor, looked better than the tuffs. They are planning to keep me in hospital for seven days, surgeon said I would be there for Easter, but I have heard others have left hospital eariler than that so plan to make a bit of a nuisance of myself in hope they chuck me out, Friends said that they will smuggle some Liebfraumilch in my mouth wash, everyone will be amazed at how well i look after my teeth lol.
Lily and dasiy good luck for monday,
Dasiy I am sure if there was any bad news from bone scans you would have heard by now, I had results within two days. Husband in depression cause spurs defeat too, he blames the ref. Glad you enjoyed your pie and mash, I had a freind over today along with her kids got a massive KFC with all the sides.
Thanks for all best wishes, tracey how is the wig holding up. When is the next implant due?

My memory box was started week before my chemo given to me by my nieces. I have locks of hair photos and cards, as well as funeral wishes and other down stuff. Topless photos will have too wait husbands asleep on the sofa,. no one up for farewell tit party, I imagained tying balloon to nipple and everyone lining up to pay respects, maybe even a book of rememberence. Thought of buying some plaster of paris and making tit moulds Am I going over the top here? anyway I might end up taking my own topless photo's!
I am not having a recon so quick op and then lopsided Have bought mastectomy bra with pockets ready for my "softie". joining Sharon2, and Flora not sure who else. Lilly I will be striding the wards like John Sargent doing the Paso. Anything to get home as soon as poss.
sorry to ramble, as feeling a little deflated (sorry for the pun) and a little restless, If you are all meeting would love to hear about it.
Sharon C

moonshine

Hi everyone!
Debs, lovely to hear from you and that you had a good time in Spain. Personally, I think the NHS should write up prescriptions for bc ladies to have frequent holidays as part of their treatment, now wouldn't that help? Daisy, Debs is right they do get the results from these scans quicker than what we think. I had a bone scan last Monday afternoon and Wednesday morning my bcn gave me the results over the phone! You could ring her if you are worried, if not they will probably tell you at next chemo. I am waiting for a ct scan to see if Arthur Ritis has taken up residence aswell.
Meant to say to Maxdare, I know someone on Zoladex and Tamoxifen who had terrible side effects and now she has Prevara (not sure if that's how you spell it) I think it's a low dose of Progesterone to counteract the side effects. She is now feeling really well, don't know if you could find out about this.
SharonC, love the mammory box idea, at least you are keeping your sense of humour, we have to don't we. I'm sure you are naturally feeling nervous today but I am sure you will be fine, it will soon be over. Also, I'm not sure if you are having reconstruction aswell.
Why do I keep saying 'sure'!!!
Hope you are all enjoying the nice weather,
Take Care,
Tracey xx

daisy999

Hi Debs - glad you had a good holiday.

I am not due to see Prof D until June and Prof S in Aug, so not sure how I will get the results, do I ring, or is it like a smear test where you get the all clear in the post?

Am trying to get black nail polish off, I bought the dearest bottle which chipped and peeled, but do you think it will come off...no! Mind you, I am LOVING the nail polish remover smell!

Am feeling fine, except Spurs just lost! Had Pie & Mash today in Maldon which was yummy, but not as delicious as Romford.

Daisy xx

DebsH

Hi Girls,

Just back from Spain and feeling like a new person.... ha ha... looking forward to Tuesday for my chemo.. not. Anyway not to worry just get on with it and hope for the best. Hair nearly all gone, not bad after just 3 weeks on Taxol! Right, thats enough of the moaning I've only been away for a week and so many posting you will have to excuse me cos I am finding it hard keeping up with everyones progress. Daisy, I am really glad that you got over feeling so crap the other day and thank god it passed over without having to go in, fingers crossed that you keep feeling good. Good luck with the scan on Monday, have you had one before? It is always a bit scary the first time for everything, but you will be fine they are so nice in the scan room. I think the scan usually comes back in about two weeks to prof. but it you do have an appointment before that time he is very good at reading them without the radiologist report to go by and I think they are actually on the system very quick about two days after scan, so if you just ask him to look he will. The liquid you drink, not as good as vodka but hey beggars cant be choosers, and i didnt get a funny tummy so hopefully you will be fine! Tracey, thanks for PM i will send you one in a min, but hope you are okayx Sharon C good luck for Monday and the op.... no wine bar .. big prob.. when I had mine done (9 years ago) my hubby brought in a bottle of wine and chinese and the nurses turned a blind eye (don't want to encourage you!!) in those days we had to stay in a while so I was going crazy, now I think they let you out with drains do they, I am not sure? Good luck Lily for Monday. Sorry if I haven't mentioned everyone but anyone going through chemo etc. keep your spirits up it will soon be over and you can enjoy your lifes again! Sharon, I just thought are you having reconstruction at the same time or just mast. Take care everyone thinking of you all.
Love
DebsHx

daisy999

Sharon.bas - mammary memories....love it! I can see you on QVC now flogging it! ha ha

Good luck for the op, better the beastie is gone than you giving it somewhere to squat.

My dogs are moulting, so I might aswell join in. Am feeling very well and eating like a piggy. May even have a glass of wine tonight. No mouth nasties ....yet.

Good luck Lily for Monday, if she is a moo, give her some abuse, I would. I am sure the Prof would be horrified if he knew hsi staff were like that.

I have my CT scan Monday, got to be at Broomfield for 4pm, scan at 5pm. Can I look forward to more dodgy tummy troubles after drinking their cocktail? Also, how do you get the results? I am still waiting for the bone scan results, which will be 2 weeks this Monday.

Have a lovely weekend everyone....Daisy x

sharon_bas

Hello everyone
Lilly did not do as told and have just lost realms that i written.
so go again.
thank you for advice both Lily and Daisy. bought lots today, if i have not got then tough now. Slippers a priority Daisy. Sounds as if you are much better, long may it continue. Maxdere and tally (not heard from you for a while, get yourselfto the group meeting in April. Lily googd luck agian for Monday.

Helen I'm having mastectomy on Monday, and live in Basildon so a long way, not sure if anyone will be able to take me, just post details, but hope to meet up soon with everyone would be nice to put faces to names, if you will have me. in the mean time hope you all get to met up soon and enjoy a good meal.
hoping tracey and sharon2 are doing well.
I am Sh-tting myself a little about Monday, I gointo Hospital on Sunday, I am worried about op but also about being confind no wine bar near by so may have to take hip flask in. I have ask hubby to take topless photos for my memory box, I am considering some sort of gathering in memory of left breast and wonder if it is appropriate to get all to sign it.
hopeing all have a peaceful weekend , I may come back and rant before I go on Sunday

Thanks all
Sharon C

moonshine

Hi all,
Julie, well done with first chemo today! hope you manage to get a better sleep and back is not giving you pain x.
Hi Maxdare and welcome to the Essex Girls, sorry you are having problems on the Zoladex. I have had two so far and the aches and pains I was already getting have been much worse. I can totally relate to the 90yr old feeling but I'm not too bad with the flushes. Perhaps I will make up for it when I start the Femara!
Lily, good luck for Monday you will be fine. I hated the mammo and I had a moody operator which didn't help. I was so nervous at the time I didn't say anything, but now I would!!!!
Helen and Daisy, glad to hear you doing well, Daisy you will probably find by end of next week you start to moult a bit!
SharonC, good luck for op and will be thinking of you, I'm sure you will be fine and good to get it over x.
Sharon2, I have written up dates on my calender to help with my sieve head!
Hi to Flora and Lally and DebsH hope you had a lovely time in spain.
Take care everyone
Tracey xxxxx

Lily200

Hi everyone,
nice to speak to you Maxdare. We are on a similar timescale. I had dx Feb 08, lumpectomy April fools day (not funny), 7 months chemo and finished 15 rads on new years eve. Sorry to hear you are feeling yuk, I don't have zoladex just nolvadex-d (tamoxifen) so sorry can't help there. I am stiff in the mornings, mainly my feet which feel like the bones will snap for the first few steps. Are you local to meet us all some time? I guess you were having an annual check? My mammos are on Monday and not looking forward to the big squeeze. Last time I had them at Springfield and nearly cried as the woman was a maniac, although Flora has been there since and got someone a little nicer! Mine is atLondon rd this time. Daisy, Rochelle house is a house and coming from the Springfield Rd direction, it is on the left straight after Capio hospital. I think you need to phone and book, then from what I gather you leave a donation. Never got round to going but always meant to. Bev went a lot and got a lot from it. We all get free prescriptions from 1st April as we have a cancer dx, have you all got yours? Helen you should get through 15 rads without much bother, so that is quite a few less trips down the A12, brilliant. I have signed uo for the Race for Life at Hylands park. We did talk about it but is anyone else going to walk it with me to raise money? I know some of you shouldn't even think about it this year. Julie sorry to hear you still have back pain and now chemo side effects on top. Poor you and still so cheerful on here. I would be moaning my head off and frequently did!! First one done then, you will be surprised how time flies by, even if we aren't having fun! Take care x.
Hi everyone else.
Lily x

julie_rose

Hi Its julie

Well had first session 5 more to go! Only 2 hours sleep last night with steriods just hope will sleep tonight! Had slight headache while having treatment but nothing bad, Got sachets to make me go toilet ok and anti sickness tablets etc etc!
I think I may be lady you spoke to at breast clinic who had a reconstruction like me a year ago! Maxdare. My mum was with me? We are a nice group of girls and always helpful, I find it brilliant help.
Thank you Shelia for all your advice and chat and also Sharon too!
Helen it was great to see you and chat also
Love to Tracy and lily and Sharon B And Angela , I am off to fall asleep in the bath i hope and take some pain killers for back!
I am sure I have forgot to say hi to someone , but I hope everyone is feeling good

love to all juliexxxx

Diamond9

Sharon.bas - are you going to the bc support group on 15 April, if so I can give you details about the tickets for the Casino Royale night? Or if not I can send you my friend's number on a personal message and she can arrange to get tickets to you. Sounds like an excellent way to celebrate your birthday! It'll be good to meet you. Hopefully there will be a few of us there??! Anyone else interested?

What a spooky coincidence Daisy! Are you coming along to the Casino Night too? Hope you are doing ok? I know what you mean about just getting out for a change of scenery. I get a case of 'cabin fever' after about 2-3 days of being at home - drives me mad!

Lily, I saw the Onc on Monday and I have got 15 rads, not 20-25 as first suggested - phew!

Maxdare, welcome and good to hear from you. Sorry you are having a bad time with the zoladex - that's what I am going to be on, probably around June time when it starts. Can you not go back to your Onc and tell them it is affecting you so badly? Or do you have to just lump it? Are you coming along to the next meeting, I didn't make it to the last meeting as I'd had chemo the day before, be good to meet you.

I hope you are ok Julie, probably be a few days before you post online but I am thinking of you, hope you got my text. Just think that's one out of the way, well done!

Hi to everyone else, take care and keep well
Love Helen x

daisy999

Welcome Maxdare, they are a great bunch of girlies on here, nothing is off limits on the discussion front, particulalry my poo probs! Join in and speak up!

Lily, I do indeed have a diary where all my goings on are recorded. How sad eh!

Went out to collect daughter today, just to get in the car and out of the house to somewhere other than a hospital was bliss.

I am thinking of booking a massage at Rochelle House, can I just ring and book or do I have to turn up and wait? Also, how peeved will they be if I do book one and am poorly that day? Is it in the grounds of the Springfield Hospital or do I carry on down Lawn Lane?

Good luck with the shopping list sharon.bas, you will need a large bag! Asda do a good range of pyjamas, and Bonmarche did a long nightie that buttoned up the front, hideous to look at, but did the job.

Thankfully I get free prescriptions because of my thyroid, just aswell with the amount of drugs you need.

Wishing everyone well....Daisy xx

MAXDARE

Hi everyone its my first time on here you all sound a great group of ladies! i met someone a couple of weeks ago at chelmsford breast clinic who told me about the "essex girls" and how lovely you are. so I thought I would say hello. I think i'm wayahead of most of you as I had mast' and recon last march 08 6mths of crewling chemo and 5wks of rad which finished in Nov. thought that was it and would feel myself again but no feel lousy i am on the zoladex monthly injection and feel like a 90 year old bad flushes and gaining weight! can't stand this for 5 years! is this the norm does anybody know.

Lily200

Hi,
Going for an mx you need button down the front pjs as you won't be very impressed when you try to put your arms up high. Sosks to keep feet warm and slippers, usual smellies and toileteries, squash to put in the plain water they give you, stash of food for when you miss a mealtime, plain biscuits or whatever you tend to fancy if yukky. Don't forget to take going home clothes suitable for a one armed bandit with tubes!! As Daisy says big loose stuff that does not have to go over your head. Money/ debit card for the phone and tv or your mobile. Sharonbas all the luck in the world with the op and that will be one great big thing ticked off your 'got to be done' list. Also the rotten BC will be gone - hooray.
Daisy glad things are picking up. The best advice I can give you is to work out which day the constipation starts by keeping a 'poo diary' LOL LOL. The take senna tablets the day before that usually starts. They say take 2 at night but I often took just one if caught it early on. The hospital gave me mine but as on a trial I had free prescriptions. BTW have you all got your free prescription cards as they start for all of this week. I have mine but hoping not to need it before the next nolvadex is due. Daisy I still have some of the 'cures'which I can pass on. I had 42 prescriptions while on chemo, so pretty good on side effects and cures. I couldn't swallow the lactulose, made me gag but the senna tablets were fine. Rhubarb is another nicer tasting one that works. Helen congrats on getting so far, do you have 15 rads after this? Julie hope you are ok and that things are picking up now from the surgery. what chemo are you having? Flora are you ok, have not heard from you for a while? Sharon2 and Tracey what are you doung with yourselves now you don't have fun days out on Clochester lol!!!
Hi to anyone else I probably forgot, sorry
Lily x x

daisy999

Mags, MP3, ear plugs are a must (!), sweets, a nice new fluffy dressing gown, drinks, I took Go Ahead bars to munch on, wet wipes and a pen for the crosswords!

Took in the usual toiletries, not sure what sort of nightwear would be best for you though, I wore strappy vest nighties that I could leave one strap off, make sure you get big, mahoosive nighties so they wont be tight on your skin or tug on the drain.

Get new slippers, mine stank! It was a quick dash to ASDA on the morning of the op for a new pair!

Night night

Daisy xx