Indiscriminate Lumps

I finished all of my treatment chemo, surgery and 15 radiotherapy sessions two weeks ago.
I have just received the oncologist’s report which states I am highly likely to face breast cancer again (which has not shocked me) my surgery was a success but it is the kind of cancer that can reoccur (have to face that if and when).
What worries me is the mention of two indiscriminate lumps on my lungs (when I had my CT scan I was told that the cancer had NOT spread to other parts of my body) so why do I suddenly get told about these tiny lumps and why I am not scheduled for another scan imminently. I have read that tiny lumps on the lungs are not unusual and especially in people who have or do suffer from yearly bad chest infections (which I do) by the way I do not and have not ever smoked.

I rang my GP who did not really help me ( I truly can do without this worry) has anyone else had this. I am due to speak to the oncologist in a few weeks - but that seems like light-years away at the moment.

Poppy xx

Hi Poppy, sorry to hear that. I had 3 tiny nodules on my lung that showed up on a CT before I had my surgery. They CT’d them again and I’m going back for another CT in July but was told they were benign nodules, but once they find them they have to keep monitoring them to be on the safe side.Can you speak to the oncologist this week, or ask the breast care nurse to explain the report to you?

Big hug

Karin