Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole availability

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Letrozole availability

Laineybo

Many thanks for your email.  I have tried to check out some bits and bats online, but it doesn't look as though Niche make letrozole. I found a post on a different site about Manx, and that suggests they aren't the manufacturer, just re-package, so I actually have no clue what I have now got. I checked out the batch no., and it is different to my Accord.  I am bitterly disappointed to be honest.

I have emailed Accord, to ask them when the supply might return and/or which alternative might be the closest.  I thought might be better than phoning - I doubt anyone available to answer the phone in the current crisis would be unlikely to be able to answer this type of question.  If/when I get a response I'll let you know.  xx

Highlighted

Re: Letrozole availability

Hi Thurnefi

I take anastrozole and my excellent pharmacist actually phoned me before I even put in my repeat request and was very apologetic but was adamant that Accord was not available.

I have agreed to try Niche brand which was advised as being a close match and the coatings and fillers are identical to Accord.I have taken it for 12 days with a little increase in hot flushes But not significant. I have been taking Accord for 9 years so was concerned. It may be worth contacting Accord manufacturer to find out what the problem  is.

Best Wishes x

Highlighted

Letrozole availability

Hello ladies

I just wondered if anyone had experienced not being able to get their usual brand of letrozole during the current pandemic?  I always have Accord, but my (normally very good) pharmacist says it isn't available.  I am reluctant to change brands on the basis of having heard many post on here that a different brand makes so much difference  Whilst I do have side effects of accord I am familiar with them and can manage them. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced a similar thing and what - if anything! - you did about it.

Thank you lovely ladies x