346058posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northern Ireland BC Ladies

Highlighted

Re: Northern Ireland BC Ladies

AMA that is such a positive step...…….our armour is definitely full of chinks...….but once our treatment is over think of our lovely healthy bodies underneath that can take the armour off. How many more sessions do you need to have.....I hope you don't need to go at the weekend and are able to enjoy it......maybe we will have to cosy in with Storm Ciara Smiley Embarassed  I am glad you got thru today x

Highlighted

Thanks Debbie, 15 sessions, the y will send me details in about three weeks about times etc. Have requested afternoons as mornings can be difficult with gdaughter. Start of March would suit me fine, done and dusted for Easter - new beginnings! Take care stay well 

Highlighted

Hi ladies,

I hope you are all well. Where are you all on your journey now?
I finished my radiotherapy last Monday, the 10th. I decided before I began my radiotherapy that I wouldn’t ring the bell, I still have some surgery to be arranged, so I don’t really feel like I’m finished yet. It is heart warming to sit in the reception area and see the joy on the faces of those who do ring the bell, to signify the end of their journey. Found myself getting quite emotional for them. 

Luckily I have had no issues with the skin, for anyone getting the radiotherapy plaster the cream on, they give you a wee tube just, I was asking for one every 2nd day because I was using so much. In the end I asked my GP to prescribe me the big 500g Diprobase pump so I had plenty when I finished. Tiredness is not too bad. Hair is growing following my chemo, I’m going to have to shave my legs again 😫 lol

It is very strange not having my calendar full of hospital appointments and times. Some people don’t seem to know what to talk to me about anymore, for 8 long months it was all we could talk about. The stepping back to ‘normal’ feels odd. Baby steps, baby steps. So tonight I am having a glass (or 3) of wine to celebrate being near the end and try to forget what I’ve been through. I raise my glass to all you wonderful women, the strength and endurance you all have...... if no one has told u lately, you truly are amazing 💓

Heather  xx

Highlighted

Heather I was so delighted to read your post......thank you for letting us know how you were getting on x

Tomorrow I am taking my 1 or 21 targeted therapy and 4 of 6 chemo on Wednesday when that finishes its onto Tamoxifen and then Radiotherapy to be discussed......I'm scared to ring the bell as I have a high recurring cancer and have accepted that I might be going back done this route hopefully later rather than sooner.

I hope you do not have to wait long for your surgery!

Take care - Debbie

Highlighted

Heather hope you enjoyed your wine you sure have earned it. I’m glad you completed radiotherapy without major issue. One more step along that road for you, and I hope when you’re surgery is complete, you’re stepping back to normal is complete. The strength of women here never ceases to amaze me. 
I’ve been through planning for radiotherapy and am now waiting for the letter to confirm when I start my 15 sessions. Started my Tamoxifen few weeks ago. Still a way to go but getting there x

Highlighted

Debbie good luck and best wishes for you as you continue your treatment. As I said to Heather the strength of women on here never ceases to amaze me. x

@Debelina wrote:

Heather I was so delighted to read your post......thank you for letting us know how you were getting on x

Tomorrow I am taking my 1 or 21 targeted therapy and 4 of 6 chemo on Wednesday when that finishes its onto Tamoxifen and then Radiotherapy to be discussed......I'm scared to ring the bell as I have a high recurring cancer and have accepted that I might be going back done this route hopefully later rather than sooner.

I hope you do not have to wait long for your surgery!

Take care - Debbie

Highlighted

Well that’s me on the way to Rads. Phone call today, I start tomorrow. Glad that another wait is over, and I’ll actually be doing something that will move me on in this journey. Tamoxifen has given me the gift of hot flushes again, thank God at night mostly, disturb sleep but better than coping day time. Thought I’d seen the back of them few years ago, but more scary is the increase in facial hair in just a few weeks. Usual lip and chin wax I get every few weeks isn’t going to do it. Waxed last week and its thicker and longer than it’s ever been when left for several weeks. Not vain but it’s embarrassing specially when grand-daughter asks why you have a beard and moustache like her uncle!

Also ladies can I ask again, am I just paranoid about this or has anyone else experienced the same issue.   No matter how much or often I wash/shower/bath my surgery armpit has a smell. It’s driving me nuts. Even using deodorant it smells unlike the other side. It’s a body odour smell but almost chemical too (if that makes sense). I’ve never had a problem before.  Hope you are all doing well. x

Highlighted

Hi Ama,

Lots of love for your rads tomorrow. The Rads Staff are fantastic! If you are Lane One with Aislene, please tell her I still think she is a super star!

Can't say I have the smelly armpit prob. Suggest you ask to see a Rads Dept nurse ( also super stars) to get it checked out, in case it's pointing to some sort of infection trying to get a hold.

X

Highlighted

Thanks Wonky, that’s one down and fourteen to go! Think I was lane 10 and head like a sieve can’t even remember a name. x

Highlighted

You're doing great! X

Highlighted

AMA hope you are coping ok with the radiotherapy.......I was 2 floors away from you!!!!! I just got home this evening after a stay in ward 2b after a reaction to my last chemo.......OMG the nurses and Drs are absolutely fantastic.........I also had the same issue as you and changed my deo to the Dr Organics Rose Roll-On.....I don't know if its linked but it sorted it for me.

Gutted to hear about your facial hair......I will be taking Tamoxifen and have.....or should I say had......really thick dark hair so I will be probably go thru this with you for the next number of years.........Smiley Embarassed

Stay well

Debbie x

Highlighted

Hi Debbie, sorry to hear you landed in for a sleepover, but so pleased that you were well looked after by the the fantastic staff. You certainly aren’t having an easy time on this journey. Hopefully things will settle for you and you’ll continue on with treatment and get it all out of the way. Thank you so much for your deodorant suggestion, I’ll be hot footing to get some today. Right now I’ll try anything! As for tamoxifen, almost one month done, no huge side effects, aside from the facial hair, and a return to hot flushes. So it’s on with the rads, lovely pink glowing boob day one, day two glowing a bit more but plastering on the diprobase they gave me. At this rate of going, I’ll be cooked to o a crisp by the time I’m done. 😂 take care, hope your being spoilt back home.x

Highlighted

Thank you Wonky, your encouragement is much appreciated. x

Highlighted

Well Ladies that’s me done, finished last rads session today!  

Highlighted

Well done Ama! X

Highlighted

Thanks Wonky it felt good to know I’m done with hospital for 6 weeks, Coronavirus adds a new concern for patients going for treatment. Hope you and all the ladies stay well and stay strong.  x

Highlighted

AMA..…..much love to you and best wishes for your recovery from radiotherapy x

Highlighted

Stay safe ladies. X