Prosthesis Advice

Hi everyone I’m four and a half years on from primary B.C. and just been fitted for a new prothesis. The fitter suggested going up a size to a size 5 from 4. It’s Amoena light 1SN which is designed for shallow bust. It’s a lovely prothesis but seems very wide. I’m only about 34 A or B bust and the problem is the prothesis seems too wide to fit in the bra pockets. I’m not sure if I need to size down or do others wear it sticking out a bit. I may ring fitter again but as it was NHS not sure they’ll exchange it. Does anyone else have similar prothesis with this problem. Thankyou.

Hi hope no one minds me bumping my post thanks x

Hi Typical me,

If you’ve tried with a couple of different bra’s and its too wide in both it sounds like maybe it is too wide/big? It should fit in the pocket, and may be visible where the pocket is sometimes slightly scooped away from the cup edge. Is it uncomfortable? The edge shouldn’t be folding under to fit in the bra pocket.

Would be best to phone the fitter and explain.

Re NHS angle - I’d have thought that if the new one doesn’t fit they would most likely agree to get a smaller one? Perfectly reasonable to ask.

If they do, ask what will happen to the 1st one, since it’s possible they might destroy it (re policy) if handed in. If so, ask if you can keep hold of it and see if you can offer it to someone in need via one of the breast cancer charities.

Not exactly an answer but hope it helps!

Seabreeze x