cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sport

6 REPLIES 6
LouJP

Re: Sport

I was able to walk through treatment and still do now although not managed hills yet!!

Dont be too hard on yourself though - set realistic goals - anything is better than nothing and always better with a friend where possible.

good luck

xx

Eglis

Thank you ...... I will look into that running app.

I’m doing an online yoga course and that does me the world of good.

will look into that app now!

Beside the seaside

Also I found music really helpful when jogging e.g. BBC sounds - half wower and radio 1 happy hour gave me some energy to keep going 

Beside the seaside

Hi Eglis,

I know it’s not easy finding motivation but it’s brilliant you’re doing this.  I just wanted to offer some encouragement really.  I had a mastectomy in October and recently completed Couch to 5k (slow jog but all good!).  I struggled at times (tamoxifen didn’t help I think eg fatigue) and repeated weeks when I needed to.  If you search for ‘5k your way’, it’s a group and running plan for people who have cancer/have had treatment so may be worth looking at.

Also I spoke to my BC nurse and she put me in touch with a local group which supports people with exercise during/post treatment and I’m doing an online yoga class which I’m finding helpful.  I tried a circuits class but it was a bit full on for me but then I’ve never done circuits before! Might be worth asking if there’s anything similar local to you?

Eglis

Thank you Zoe

ZoeK_BCN
Community Manager

Hi Eglis,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you haven't had any reply yet. I am hoping my response will help our members to see your post and share their experiences.

Sending you our best wishes,

Zoe

Eglis

Sport

Not quite sure where to post this….

I’ve always been quite sporty and have continued to do some form of gentle sport throughout my treatment - two ops to remove lumps from each breast in November, radiotherapy in January and Tamoxifen.

I’m trying to build my fitness back up and have started gentle jogging - am finding it difficult to motivate myself and wondered if anyone is in similar situation and might like to ‘virtually’ share experiences and motivate each other?