333005posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String of Light

6 REPLIES 6

Re: String of Light

Well girls, the tree has arrived. Three days early without warning, looking not exactly 'safely upright' and accompanied by a lovely trail of muddy boot prints all across my carpet. But you know what, it'll work out fine, it doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things and I'm still grateful to my local garden centre for being so kind and neighbourly. Hoping the cat doesn't attempt to climb up it, before I can get it sorted and get the lights on it. Lol.

Hi Shi. Absolutely! Lights are so cheering and pretty. My tree arrives soon and I can hardly wait to decorate it. My local garden centre was a shining light, offering to deliver it and get it in position for me (so I don't hurt the boob; my days of hauling a heavy six foot tree around being over).... people are so kind. My heart goes out to ladies in the midst of diagnosis/treatment at this time of year, I hope the lights give them a little joy and hope. Hug to you this day. Wonky x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Lots of Christmas lights gone up today ✨✨✨✨✨ twinkling away for everyone ✨✨✨✨✨✨ when you see them know we all ❤️❤️❤️And 👭👭👭about each other 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Mo, thank you for adding your light to the string. Fantastic news, so glad for you and I hope it gives brightness to others (which is the idea). Wonky X

Hi Wonky, thought I'd contribute a bit of good news - not sure if this counts as a light, but feels like it to me. After 2 primaries and a regional recurrence I finished chemo this summer. Since the chemo I've had a mild cough and was worried it had gone to my lungs. This morning I had the result of my CT scan and its all ok, lungs clear and nothing suspicious anywhere. Such relief! Now I'm just going to be as positive as I can be and not get weighed down by fear any more. If I feel the worries coming on, I'll think of your lights shining bright. Well done you. Love Mo   xx

I am a shining light at 6.30am across a pitch black golf course throughout winter! My friend who I walk with also shines as we have torches and our 3 dogs also shine - my dog with a glowing orange head collar and her dogs with glowing green collars. Anyone looking across a dark golf course will see 2 white, 1 orange and 2 green dancing lights wending their way home for breakfast 🐾🐾🐾. 

Highlighted

String of Light

Ladies (and any guys too), to me the most special thing at Christmas, and through Winter, is light. It somehow lifts your mood, your soul. Be that a single candle flickering, an all-out- bling affair, or when we can get it, natural sunshine.

What I would like to propose, here, is a kind of a group initiative to 'light' as many 'lights 'as we can, to create a string of hope, support and love to everyone who feels the need to be logging on over the winter. I probably haven't thought this through very well but, if you agree this is a good idea, just reply "I AM SHINING A LIGHT" and we'll see where that takes us.