TNBC with lung metastases

Hi everyone - I’m new to this so not quite sure what I’m doing?!

Having finished chemo and RT for TNBC 2 years ago I now have the scary diagnosis of lung metastases.  My oncologist is calling me on Wednesday to discuss treatment options but my Macmillan nurse thinks this will be oral chemo so that I don’t have to attend hospital due to Covid 19.

Knowing the poor prognosis for my condition I have done some research online and read about the CT7001 (Carrick) trial and metronomic chemo (MC) which I understand to be a lower dose of chemo combined with immunotherapy.

When I mentioned both of these options to my nurse she implied that neither were an option due to Covid 19 as the important thing is to keep me safe and oral chemo would mean not having to visit hospital.

Obviously I need to discuss the options with my Oncologist but my worry is that oral chemo may not be the best treatment.

We are obviously living in scary times which makes my diagnosis even worse. I would love to hear from anybody who may be going through any treatment for TNBC metastases to find out how you are getting on.

HI Deb welcome to the forum .You are probably best to repost this in the secondary section of the forum where ladies who are in similar situations are more likely to see your post .I will post you a couple of links .Very difficult time to have a cancer / secondary diagnosis x