Vit D supplements anyone?

My history is that I was diagnosed with a 3.7cm lobular invasive cancer in Nov 2013. Had chemo, rads then prophylactic double mastectomy with DIEP recon in Dec 2015. A couple of months ago, I started having weird feelings in my left thigh. My mind went into overdrive and immediately i was convinced I had secondaries. Visited my GP and she thought I may well have a vitamin deficiency, and having always been meticulous with my diet, I thought that would be a no no. However, I was found to be deficient in Vit D. Still not convinced that this is the culprit for my weird sensations, I decided to look into the role of Vit D. Was amazed to read that around 70% of the population in Britain are Vit D deficient over the winter and that this vitamin has a role to play in our immune response. Some doctors think that there MIGHT be a link between a lack of Vit D and our own bodies ability to kill rogue cells that go on to form cancers. I’m not  saying that this has been proven by any means, but I’m now taking Vit D supplements and will report back if I feel benefits. Just st a thought ladies. 

Dear Weeannie1

Thank you for sharing this with the Forum. If anyone would find it helpful, please do give the free Helpline, 0808 800 6000, to discuss this further.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Hi Weeannie, interesting to read your post. I agree with you it is so important and take it every day, instead of taking Adcal I take a calcium/magnesium supplement and vitamin D, with my Oncologists consent. Are you familiar with Chris Woollams? He considers Vitamin D to be the most important supplement we should take, closely followed by fish or krill oil.