68.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"NIGHT BIRDS" - Can't Sleep? Up Late? Pop on For a Chat, Whatever Stage of BC You're At.

47 REPLIES 47
Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: "NIGHT BIRDS" - Can't Sleep? Up Late? Pop on For a Chat, Whatever Stage of BC You're

My Dad still buys me flowers - he’s the only one that does !!  He’s 91 ! My Mum used to - she’s been gone 15 years now though ☹️
love the scent and colours .

hope you are getting some sleep Cusa - I’m getting about 5 hours of drugged up sleep - til the painkillers wear off !! 😳

delly

Re: "NIGHT BIRDS" - Can't Sleep? Up Late? Pop on For a Chat, Whatever Stage of BC You're

Hi Jill and Cusa

In the words of the famous L'Oreal advert - we're ALL so "worth it" aren't we. And that wasn't a question, more a statement!

Yeh, Cusa, I'm soo with you on your Dad. My Mum often sent me some Amaryllis bulbs to grow, pre-Xmas and enjoy. Such stunning flowers xXx

Cusa

Hi Delly

Thank you for the flowers they are really lovely and such a thoughtful gift. They always remind me of my dad who loved those flowers because they lasted quite a while. I hope you and Jill are both  doing ok xx🤗

Jill1998
Community Champion

Great idea Delly .

delly

Hi @Cusa  and @Jill1998 

Soo hope you're both well.

Flower delivery, courtesy of "Delly-veroo"!! To cheer us up.

Please pass on to any other threads you subscribe to, and help cover this lovely, invaluable Forum with these beautiful flowers and loving thoughts to everyone.

Much love to you both, and anyone else looking in, Dellywelly  x❤️x

delly_0-1636304306666.jpeg

delly

Hi @Cusa - No probs sweetheart. Hope your new brand Letrozole is better for you.

Dark Choccie - I only eat Dark anyway, find Milk too sweet (am a bitter tasting gal see 😋). But Yeh, I remember looking into natural sources of Magnesium a few years ago, and was nicely surprised to read of it being a good source of Mag and Zinc.

Hope you're doing okay Jilly.

Lotsa love to you both x❤️x

Cusa

Hi Delly

Hope things are going ok for you. I have seen some random sleep improvements so fingers crossed it is a sign of getting into a better routine. I have had some log in issues recently so apologies for late responses.

take care 

Cusa

Hi Jill Congratulations on the extra sleep - it does make a difference  - I hope it continues for you. I tried changing time of Letrozole but then began to forget to take it so back to night time. I got given a different make in this months prescription - I wished they wouldn't do that as my body gets used to one and now waiting to see how it will deal with the new brand Manx. R sleep I have had some mixed success some nights I have managed 5 hours and others awake in the small hours. Apparently I get magnesium and zinc from the dark chocolate [nice little bonus 😉 ] But did buy magnesium and zinc pills from Holland and Barratt and upped my vitamin C.

Take care 

delly

Hi Jill

I so hope the other suggested alternative pain med works for you, lovey. Awww what - watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire on silent! Can't you get yourself some wireless headphones or earbuds, so you can listen without disturbing your hubby? 🤗 xXx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Delly ,having one last attempt with another medication suggested by new GP - you never know 🤞🤞

cusa - hope you are getting some sleep . 5am is still my bodies choice of wake up time ☹️

delly

Hi @Cusa and @Jill1998

Hope you're both doing okay, and having better and longer sleeps?? I was thinking about you both this morning.

Jill - Did you have any joy from your private appointment, to help with your pains??

Lots of love,  Dellywelly  xXx

Jill1998
Community Champion

4 hours whoop whoop !!! 😳

pain didn’t wake me up at 5 today - maybe double dose of latest pain killer is working - didn’t sleep til 1 though and felt like a zombie all day !!! 

have you tried taking Letrozole in the morning ? Also have you tried magnesium oil spray - it has helped me in the past .Chocolate sounds a fair reward to help you get through the night !!! I watch who wants to be a Millionaire on silent so as not wake other half !!! Horrible that’s it dark at 7pm and still dark at 7am now ☹️

Cusa

Hi Jill managed 4 hrs tonight from 10pm to 2am took Letrozole a bit earlier so will see if there is a link. I have had a chat with bcn and she has given me a couple of apps to try.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get some positive outcome from your upcoming appt with private doctor. I am enjoying some chocolate as I think that's me up for the night now 😉 take care 

delly

Hi Cusa and Jill

Cusa - Hope you had a lovely lunch seeing your grandson, and a "fattening" one too 😋 The majority of people are trying to lose weight, while you're struggling to put it on. Think it can be equally difficult.

Jill - I sooo hope you get some better relief from the private doctor. I better understand the alternatives now, from your earlier post. Have always thought we're rather backward in this country with laws for certain alternatives.

Lots of love to you both and anyone else looking in  Delly  x❤️x

Jill1998
Community Champion

1 til 5am for me Cusa - it really drags you down doesn’t it . 
The complan sounded hopeful sorry it wasn’t the solution for you  ☹️
hopefully I’m speaking to GP this week re pain clinic - have to go private but need GP to agree and be happy to release my medical records .

my body wakes me up at 5am on the dot - your brain really does get into a habit doesn’t it .I try to think of happy memories when I’m lying there but quite hard to override the pain ☹️

Cusa

Hi delly and jill

Back to the drawing board as complan only seems to help get me to nod off but still only getting about 3 hours sleep. 

I hope you have managed to get an appt for the pain clinic Jill. Also will try your mantra again delly although getting a longer sleep might still be a challenge. I am going out with my grandson for lunch today so that will be nice as it a while since I have seen him. I hope you are both having a good weekend xxx

Cusa

Hi Jill

I hope you get a pain clinic referral soon. I did have a better night on Tuesday and hoping it was drinking complan late at night. Take care xxx

Cusa

Hi delly

Slept better last night as had a cup of complan last thing. Trying to put about if weight on as lost 2 stone at the beginning of the year - usually take it mid morning. Managed to get nearly 7lb back so far.

Mind you forgot to get a new tub so up again tonight. I might have found the answer  to my ins omnia although need to wait and see . Take care xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes - I go for acupuncture have done for years  but with this pain it’s not been very helpful . 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Delly , they can prescribe THC and medical marijuana if you meet certain strict criteria ie have tried at least 2 other treatments that have not been successful and your GP is supportive .Currently NHS won’t fund .  

delly

Hi @Jill1998  and @Cusa 

Jill - That must be sooo tough for you. Also, wouldn't you think you'd have access to the same variety of painkillers, whether NHS or private. I'm not understanding that at all. Why would it be different?? A friend of mine, who suffers with major back problems, takes Diazepam, which surprised me. Never heard of it being taken for that before. Guess it helps relax the muscles?? But obviously also helps her to sleep too.

You ever tried accupuncture for pain relief? Am I right in thinking, somewhere back in dim posts from a while ago 🤔, we may have touched on acupuncture before? Or was that someone else? 

Anyway, I hope you can find something that helps SOON, give you some relief and better nights lovey.

Cusa - Hope you're doing better, flower.

Lots of love,  Dellywelly  x❤️x     

Jill1998
Community Champion

Have a drawer full of pain killers that haven’t worked Delly - looking into referral to private pain clinic who have other options not available on NHS .

delly

Ohhh, Jill

I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling so much. What a sh**y "pain" for you. Are there not any other painkillers your GP could try you on, that you haven't already tried. There must be something out there that could help you.

Hope you DO manage to get some much needed ZZZZ's tonight.

Lots of love to you. You too Cusa.  xX❤️Xx 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hoping you get some sleep tonight Cuso - not holding out a lot of hope tonight myself due to pain that is defying painkillers ☹️
Somehow the dark nights / morning seem to make it worse ? Is it because the nights seem even longer ??  

delly

Hi Cusa

Yeh do give it a try. The important thing is, if whilst you're doing it and any intrusive thoughts keep popping into your head, to just keep focussing on your breaths out and the words. I get to a point where it literally "lulls" me off. Otherwise, have you tried any "Can't Sleep" hypnosis recordings to listen to on a pair of earplugs/headphones. Marissa Peer's a good source. You may find a few others on-line, but she has a really "sooothing" voice, so I can personally recommend her.

So hope you have a better night tonight, girls. xXx

Cusa

Oh for a proper sleep! Have tried Nytol and lavender sachets but not made much improvement. I think it is a side effect of Letrozole so may have to just accommodate but will try the suggested mantras.

I hope your sleep improves.

Jill1998
Community Champion

I seem to be keeping different shifts to you - tend to get some sleep between 1 and 5 at the moment .
Have tried medication to help ? It can be helpful to kind of jolt you out of a pattern but the sleep you get is really not the same as proper sleep .

Cusa

Thank you for your tip will try it out as been awake since 1am again  and feel constantly tired xx

delly

Hi @Cusa and @Jill1998

Hope you both manage a peaceful and restful night.   x❤️x

delly

Hi Cusa and Jill

Jill - Yeh, I did think after (!!) I'd posted and toddled off to bed, that it may be pain and discomfort that was keeping you awake. Lay thinking about you and wishing you a more "comfortable" night 🤗

Cusa - Give it a try.

Lots of love and good sleepy 😪 nightime wishes 😴 to you, girls.  YawnyDellywelly x❤️

Jill1998
Community Champion

Cusa - fingers crossed for a better night for you - rest assured you won’t be the only one wide awake at 3/4am  !!! Hate the fact that it’s still dark til after 6 - makes it even more bleak !  

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Delly - I will give it a try . It’s pain in my bones and joints that keeps me awake / wakes me up mainly these days rather than my mind.
cusa - typically today I could have slept beyond 5am but my son had to get up for very early train and so the whole household was up at 6am ! 

Cusa

Hi Jill

Back to being a nightowl been awake since 1 am and no sign of nodding off. I do hope that you are having a better night. Forgetfulness is certainly a bit of a problem.

delly

Hi Jill

I'm soo sorry to hear you're still having major bodily problems (plus sleep 😍). Would I be right in remembering it was with your bones and certain joints?

You ever tried repeating a mantra to help you sleep? Often works with me these days. 

I breathe in, then mentally say the word "Caaaaaalm" for as long as I breathe out. Breathe in again, then with the next breath out, say "Peeeeeace". Push any other thoughts out of my head, just concentrate on the actual word and my breath, and keep repeating it over and over every time I breath out. A simple thing, but it seems to work after a while. It's like self hypnosis. I think just the calming nature of the two words helps in itself. Give it a try. Hope it may help you.

Am off to "bobies" myself right now. Don't keep the same repeatedly late nights/early hours on here that I used to. Hope you have a better night.

Lots of love,  Delly x❤️x   

Jill1998
Community Champion

Averaging 1-5 am !!  Hope you are doing better !! 
you don’t realise how much your brain needs sleep til you don’t get enough . 

Cusa

Sorry just seen that I answered wrong person as I put work g name on my previous reply to you - really sorry obviously not very focussed at moment off for caffeine hit .

Cusa

Hi delly

I lost this thread ! But found  this morning - still forget where I have been on the forum! Have been really tired last few days and lost my appetite a bit but slept better for last 2 nights so not all bad news 😉. Just need to get more energetic. How about you?

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Cusa - asleep at 1am , awake at 5am . Makes it a long day !! I find I’m not really awake enough to do anything productive when I am awake ☹️ 

Cusa

Hi sorry to hear about your additional health issues and you are so right about the small hours being a depressing time to be awake. I thought I would sleep well tonight as been out most of the day but know dozed off about 9pm and back awake at 1.30am and still here. I have been listening to Sean Lock on you tube and reading posts on the forum. I had hoped to drop off again but now given up and off to make a drink. I hope you have had a better night. xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

I’ve had lots of periods of insomnia since I was diagnosed 6 years ago now . Hormone therapy / flushes certainly dont help . Once your brain has got into the “ habit “ it’s very hard to get out of it . At times I could have set an alarm clock by the time my brain woke me up - exact time every night !

pain keeps me awake at the moment ( due to other health issues ) it’s a very depressing time of the day /night ! 

Cusa

Thanks for responding xx

Cusa

Hi dropped off just after 4am and some at 9 so that was good for me ;). I am 18 months post surgery and finding the lack of sleep a pain as leaves me with so little energy. Good to know someone is out there though as only recently signed up to the forum after dropping in now and again.

Also find  noises either inside or from outside don't help as weren't imagination off . Tonight for instance heard what sounded like an electric cart going up then passing back which gave me the heebie jeebies - I wonder if this is a new side effect Lol!

delly

Hi cusa

Thanks for your post.

How are you and what's going on with you?? BC, or otherwise. Am hoping you're okay??

There are often people awake on this lovely Forum at weird hours (if not myself), to have a chat with or offload to.

Lots of love to you,  Delly  x❤️x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Cusa , people def still use this thread from time to time . Insomnia def comes hand in hand with cancer treatment . Hope you managed to get some sleep x 

Cusa

Hi is this thread still live? 

delly

Hello dear Jaybro Jan

Mmmmm, didn't work last night for you either, at 3.42. Yeh, I'm the worst, read all about the effects of blue light with computers and tv, but still don't discipline it. Think much of mine has been since not working which gives your day "structure", living on my own, and Bi-Polar Disorder. The prolonged downers with which leave you disinterested in many of the things you used to do.

Exercise - When I worked, I used to swim 2-3 x a week and was out rambling most w/ends. Slept regularly and soundly. I haven't done any serious walking for 7 yrs, and now don't have the fitness level for it. Can go without sleep for 2 nights!! and then crash for 10hrs solid. Many other people say the same about it, it's just ONE of the symptoms.

I re-instated this thread, more for women going through the vagaries of BC, which I'm pleased to say I'm not. But through remembering back to how THAT affected my sleep 2006 and 2007. I didn't use the forum then, but so wished I'd had for such sleepless times and to be in contact with other women going through the same. I now use it for other reasons, that of supporting, and that also being a "form" of support back to me with my mental illness, it being something "positive" for me to do with my time.

To completely change the subject to a much lighter one, and this is just a comical debate I'm setting up here - I had a phone chat with my lovely elderly neighbour the other day. I don't really watch the news, normally AVOID it. Keep to anything light, uplifting - comedy, quizzes, anything animal, as I also have difficulty with concentration to watch and follow a film or such (another symptom). Didn't know anything about any virus until 2 weeks (!!) AFTER it had started! But due to the current world circs, I now make a point to keep a half eye on what's going on, regarding lockdown policies, so that I'm not in breech of anything. Though I hardly go out anyway at the mo', due to my own head probs. 

Anyway, back to my neighbour, and my somewhat comical debate with her. She was asking what I thought about this and that that BORIS had said, was doing. My response was that I can't even listen and take ANY thing seriously that bloke says, because ALL the time I'm looking at his ridiculous and scruffy mop of hair! ! ! Thinking WHY does he do it? WHY doesn't he get it sorted to something more NORMAL looking, considering WHAT he is - Prime Minister of this country. We EXPECT it from pop stars and tv personalities - it's a quirk, and I don't have ANY problem with THEM, so it's NOT an AGE thing with me. Doesn't matter with them, they aren't running our country, constantly in the public eye, and setting an EXAMPLE! ! !

I'm the same with DONALD - I can't listen to ANY thing HE says EITHER 😆! ALL the time watching, I'm just thinking what a divvy he looks, with his massive comb over, and how does he go on in high winds?!! WHAT does it look like then?

Ha ha ha. I know, I'm dreadful. But I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I assure you, I'm not usually a person who is prejudiced by a persons appearance, so it's very much surprised me, interested me, and quite shocked me even, at my own attitude towards how I'm affected simply by "appearance" of these so called important WORLD figures.

I'm just doing some babbling really, until any other posters come on with anything they may wish to talk about. Be it to do with BC or Prime Minister/Presidents "hairstyles"!!!

Hope you're all good - that's meaning good as in WELL. I'm not so bothered if you're being naughty 😆 !

Dellygiveitsomewelly  xxxx 

Jaybro

Hi Delly

I’m sorry you too have the dreaded insomnia. I find I write my replies on here between 1 and 2am, then I’m reading or ‘colouring’ in an app and eventually I’ll doze off around 3am. BUT my friend gave me a Fitbit for Christmas. Where my husband (bed at 10, asleep by 10.10 without fail), my oncologist and my GP have failed, the Fitbit is actually encouraging me to change my appalling sleep record. Small steps. I’m turning everything off at 1. I’m trying to do mindless things (I’m one of those who can’t just lie there) and I’m asleep by 1.30 (1.19 last night lol). Maybe next week, it’ll be 12.30. I’ve had 2 Goods on the trot and I feel rewarded.

Unfortunately it hasn’t made me more inclined to exercise but, as I said, small steps....

Jan xx

delly

"NIGHT BIRDS" - Can't Sleep? Up Late? Pop on For a Chat, Whatever Stage of BC You're At.

Hi to anyone looking on or in,

Thought I'd try and reinstate an old thread I set up long ago, for anyone up late or not able to sleep. The title "Birds" meaning the old word word for women/girlfriend.

I often keep WEIRD hours. Typing on this Forum early hours of the morning.

Come and join me If you feel like a chat, or a good rant, moan, sob, giggle, advice of other fellow women, someone to bounce ideas off, ask anything you want, SAY anything you want.

Doesn't have to be about BC necessarily, but that IS the thing that's joining us all together at the mo'.

Hope to see you soon

Delly x x x