62808members
330324posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

I knitted a minion!

I think I've also discovered my new look. 😁

20160706_072013.jpg

OK, so not as good at technology as I thought...... can't make the posh phone work. So it's just a camera and emergency phone.

At loch Lomond for a few days, then off to Glencoe.

Shall I try to catch the loch Ness monster to make nessie burgers for the party?

Dogs worn out......

Grumpy

I've not been to The Jolly Merkin for ages FF, I love what you've done with the place! Comfy squishy sofas as well as proper high backed chairs, a cocktail bar with mojitos on offer (buy one, get a dozen free), maltesers stocked behind the bar alongside all the crisps, and the live band stage complete with chicken wire barrier so we can throw bottles and peanuts at the band to show our appreciation (I love the Blues Brothers films!)

Keep your head happy xx

Community Champion

Soooo glad your head is in a better place FF, waiting is just awful x
Forgot to say it's not my birthday but YD's she leaves on her birthday for foreign shores.
We can still have a party though xx
Community Champion

Thanks girls, I have calmed down today. The sensible side of me knows that the later I hear the better but that gremlin got to me and your replies have really helped.

Son was supposed to come over today and lay the left over carpet in the conservatory but he wasn't well, so it's been put off until next weekend.  So I've watched Wimbledon and read books and generally had a quiet day.

Community Champion

FF, just remember the longer you have to wait, the better the outcome, the doc would def have information even if letter did go astray he would have results on computer, so try not to worry. Know it's easy to say, lots of hugs flying your way, fingers crossed that letter is here soon.

Now JCJ, was having a problem with resemblance, re Marilyn, then googled a pic, M with long hair, OH MY, it's uncanny, you could be twinsSmiley Happy!!!

Soooooooooooo if anyone is wondering what JCJ looks like just google Marilyn with long hairSmiley Happy, can't believe it................

Great girls are almost in, soooooooooo exciting xx

Away to sit on the "laughing" bench xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

BTW, FF, I have booked you an emergency sight test. If you can see similarities between me and Marilyn there must be something seriously wrong with your eyes! Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I thought about you, FF, when Djokovic was knocked out! I'll join you in the J.M. for a glitterberry juice or 6 (had to put the full stops in there as tablet insists I mean UK when I type JM! (Aha! Fooled it by putting a space then backspace - cunning?!) as if JM is any where near UK, either on the keyboard - OK so it's fairly close - or in meaning??!)

Those WhatIf gremlins are nasty little ****ers aren' they?! You need to hold on to the fact that you are feeling better. As they kept having to tell me: if your symptoms were cancer related, you wouldn't be getting better! And if a letter had got lost in the post, it's unlikely that the corresponding one to your GP would also be lost, and I'm fairly sure she/he would be notified of anything of concern - especially as it was they who referred you? 

YD tweeted a picture of their new, enormous, American style fridge freezer. Delivered to new house yesterday.  Empty except for a 2l carton of milk with the caption: "To do: buy more food"

Today she's tweeted another picture this time the fridge part contains 2 pizza boxes from a well known outlet (number tiles game) and the freezer side has a carton of F&B's ice cream. The caption is "Ah! That's better! 😁"

I think it's safe to say they are enjoying getting the house ready for moving in next week, despite all the hard work.

Tiara donned. Knee highs donned. Handbag at the ready. Sparklers and BBQ (for alliburgers) at the ready. When's the party? Feel I should remember from previous years but........!! 

Community Champion

Also congrats to your son Ali, a degree is a degree and well earned but good luck to him if he wishes to resit and better it.

Thanks for your good wishes Delly, please don't be sorry, I take it for granted that everyone on here wishes everyone well.

Katy - birthday? - party!!  Which day? We need a good knees up,  I'll wrangle the alligators (help would be appreciated Grumpy) so we have aliburgers, the rest of you make desserts and a CAKE and fix up a DJ. We'll dance round our handbags "all night long" Smiley Very Happy

I see the similarities between you and Marilyn JCJ.

A gremlin has settled on my shoulder and whispered in my ear "what if the letter recalling me to the hospital has gone astray in the post?"  I am now on the "driving myself insane" bench.  So I've been to the Dark Dark Woods for a flamethrower for the gremlin, dismantled the Jolly Merkin pub as it's not being used and rebuilt it in Benchland.  It can keep the same name or be renamed by anyone but I'm in the pub, playing the piano (blues) and trying to drown my sorrows. Anyone want to join me?  

Djokovic out.... Go Andy!

Community Champion

Congratulations to Ali's sonSmiley Happy! Best of luck for the resits, what does he want to do?

Hello Rubycat, everyone is welcome in BenchlandSmiley Happy!

JCJ, hope you were wearing your green knitted knickers, you'll be the talk of the town hahaha!!! Everyone will be sooooooooo envious of those pants hee hee!!

On the "quiet" bench, fingers crossed over this weekend, busy (I want to cry) week coming up, have kids (cause they are off), lido, birthday, YD leaving for her hol, the list goes on and on..............oh dreary me, away to lie down just thinking of it all xx

Hi loonyladies,

just popped in to say a quick "HI" and to also say hope you get your scan results soon FF and that all is clear. I meant to mention it in my previous post, but must have got carried away with your bargain charity rug find !! and forgot to - sorry.

JCJ - your "Marilyn moment" ties in with the latest Meerkat ad breaks with Corrie, which features one of them doing just that. Fancy pinching your idea !!

Yeh Grumpy, what a fantastic tour you've planned - Och Ay to the Noo

Good to see you Ali and Rubycat.

Hope you and everyone else are well and have a good w/end

Loadsa love 

Doolally xxx

Pps JCJ I hope you'd got your best knix on ........ Smiley Very Happy

Ps Rubycat it's not poking your nose in Smiley Happy xx

JCJ and Rubycat thank you so much Smiley Happy I'm incredibly proud of him and to me it's a success and an achievement to be proud of, however today he officially requested to resit so I will put my celebrations on hold and support him all the way Smiley Very Happy

Does anyone know about  the graduation ceremony - as in , its scheduled for July but his resit is August, so I assume he would actually graduate next year ?? Cause there's no way I'm missing that .....

Happy weekend Benchies x

Felt compelled to sit on the 'poking my nose in' bench to Ali as it brought back memories of my son 'only' getting a 2:2 a few years ago, and his huge sense of disappointment.  I felt at the time what a shame that such an achievement was marred by his view of the grade and tried to tell him that employers were more interested that he had got a degree, rather than the actual grade.  There's not usually any space to even put the degree grade on an application form, especially if you write big! My son went on to do a master's (and wasn't asked his grade), and then real work never asked about actual grades.  Do hope your son can take pride in himself  Ali and how well he has already done and goes on and finds a path in life that he wants.  Getting off the poking my nose in bench now and on to the TUB bench (Thank You Benchlanders) -- you are a great bunch of ladies who have given me a lot of laughs & made a difference to me. Big hugs to you all, Christine xxxCat Very Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hellooo Ali! Good to see you in Benchland! I hope your son gets passes his resits - or manages to find meaningful employment where it doesn't matter - it's still an Honours degree after all? (Says she who also just missed a 2.1!!)

Have a great trip, Grumpy. Looking forward to seeing her ladyship and the riff raff on their Scottish Tour.

----------O. ------------O. ------------O. _----------------O --------------o. ----------------0 --------------0 --------------0 ----------------0

More spoons for your stash KTC. [___] and a bucket to put them in.

I had a Marilyn Monroe moment this evening on my way to fetch my Friday chippies - but nothing like as elegant, obviously!  As I rounded the corner to cross the bridge over the river a big gust of wind blew my skirt up. Frantic grabbing and shuffling to try and maintain a modicum of decorum and decency. Guy walking towards me trying to pretend he hadn't noticed anything untoward. Oh no! It was one of the lads who works on the volunteer allotment with my OH! Smiley Embarassed I'm not sure he recognised me, but if he did, they'll be laughing at my expense for weeks. Smiley Mad

Hello my lovelies! How are you? Grumpy your holiday sounds wonderful, a proper road trip! I hope you all enjoy it Smiley Happy

Mirrors!! Did you know some shops use tinted mirrors because women tend to feel better when they have a tan and are more likely to buy? And that a flattering reflection is all to do with the lighting and how the mirror is hung, shadows cast can give you a double chin for example. I have a shop, I'm a mirror bore... My shop mirror has beautiful fairy lights draped around it and is next to the music system which plays gently upbeat music so that you can smile at your reflection. And as for "does my bum look big in this?" well thanks to the Kardashians (other celebrities are available) the correct and fashionable answer these days is "yes!" I'm having to get my head round dressing my customers in figure hugging dresses which show their curves with nothing left to the imagination....if you've got it, flaunt it, and why not?? It's a far healthier approach than size zero Smiley Happy

My son has his uni results, he's got a 2:2. He's disappointed in himself, he wanted a 2:1 , and I'm sad that he can't see any success only failure. He wants to resit over the summer , apparently your mum being proud of you doesn't cut it with prospective employers........

Community Champion

So school (i.e. ST)  has said that she would like me to re-do the wooden floors in two of the classrooms over the summer holiday. Told her that I don't have the equipment necessary and would not have time to do much else. She offered to get the maintenance man to help and the borrowing of equipment. Knowing just how long it takes to set up anything in this new academy I'm pretty sure it won't happen which is a shame.  I would love do the floors and get them looking beautiful again.  I shall order the stripper, varnish and polish and hope for the best.  

Glad you gave up holding your breath before you went unconscious JCJ,  I wouldn't want to be responsible for that.  Thanks for the hugs...appreciated. Also thanks to Katy for the hugs.

Car has been to the garage today, SIL noticed that my reversing lights weren't working so I booked in to have them fixed. Goodness knows how long they've been out but they are fixed now.   

Community Champion

Ok, running shoes on...............kids come off tomorrow..................hahaha!!! 

Look at me run............

Sooooooooooo glad you also have mirror issues, why are home ones kinder????

Walked up to GD's school yesterday and exhausted myself, went to bed really early, geez am turning into such a drip, need at least a bucket full of spoons nowadays xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Even worse are the 360° view mirrors in M&S fitting rooms! They add 2 stone and 20 years at least - and yes my bum does look big in this, that and everything else. Always!

Still got fingers crossed, FF, but I had to give up holding my breath. Would have long been unconscious by now otherwise! You must hear good news soon surely? Hugs.

Soooo tired. 3 weeks, 1 1/2 days to go (and 1 of those is a teacher training day: no children! Smiley Happy ) (No KTC, don't tell me Scottish kids have already broken up, or the green eyed monster might make me KILL something! 😧)

Highlighted
Community Champion

Katy - don't worry, hairdressers mirrors are rigged to add about a hundred years to your appearance.  I have noticed this as well and I always look better when I get home to MY mirror.

Community Champion

Have a fabulous time, grumpy, how excitingSmiley Happy!!

I shall expect a wave on the East coast heehee!

FF, hairdresser always says if you are under the weather, your hair really shows it, you had a long spell there of feeling yucky............you will be also in a turmoil until you have that letter, fingers crossed it's soon, more hugs flying your way.

Had hair chopped yesterday, woo hoo!

Also bought another bra, this is the last one EVERSmiley Frustrated, you always think it feels comfy then after a couple of hours it's annoying you,to the extreme, mmmmmmmmmmm!! 

Am truly hoping that hairdresser's mirror has something wrong with it???? cause am now scurrying over to the reinforced FB bench, near the gosh my face is wrinkly xx

Community Champion

Looking forward to your photos Grumpy, I hope you have a wonderful time and that the weather is kind to you.

Went to Drs. got prescription sorted but still no news about the scan but he said that they fast track bad news, so no news is good news......Thanks for the hugs Katy, much needed. 

Talking of hair, for the last three months for various reasons, I've not been able to have mine cut by my usual hairdresser and it's not looking good. Add to that a scalp condition that has needed a medicated shampoo alternated with baby shampoo and my hair is now looking more like fluff than hair.  Not a good look but scalp condition is cured, usual haidresser can be accessed so hopefully I will look better soon,

All excited, planning the Big Trip!!! 

Going to the Orkneys and the Shetlands, setting off on Friday up the west coast of Scotland, over to the islands, back down the east side to see friends in Fife and Edinburgh. I think it will take about 6 weeks in all, and will probably be the last major camping trip due to age/fatigue.

BF has given me her old posh phone so I will be able to send photos to all and sundry - if I can get it to work!! 

Joey has had a number 1 haircut ready for his hols, and Meg is considering the purchase of a goretex Mac just in case......the rain spoils her fur!

Will wave to RevCat on the way north just she knows we are all still going strong.

WiFi permitting I will be able to stay in touch on here, so you may be able to view pics of two small dogs on their holidays.

Love to all

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Some spoons for you for next week, KTC

___0.   ____0.   --------0.  ---------0.  ----------O.   ------------O

Perhaps you can wear them in your BED hair until needed. (*Ducks to avoid low flying spoon*)

The girls are in their house! The BLACK wallpaper is already down off the living room walls. The manky carpet is up off the hall floor and they have discovered quite nice tiles underneath! They have 2 weeks to clean and decorate before the furniture will be moved from their flat. Unfortunately, the kitchen won't be fitted for a few more weeks after that, but they have a freezer, microwave and camping stoves so they'll manage! Smiley Happy My "baby" is a home owner! Scary!

Community Champion

delly, think it is sooo difficult when emotions and frustrations are all over the place, take deep breaths........though no matter how many deep breaths you take, it doesn't help the brain or mouth at times??? Fingers crossed for you x

YD home, washing done and drying at the moment, don't think I'll bother putting suitcase away (up high in a cupboard) when it'll be out again next week.

Went for muggachoc with friend today, sat down and in between talking managed a few slurps, yuck!!! It was awful, some random pipe had broken, 5 mins later we had our proper hot chocSmiley Happy! Said to friend should have had my haircut last week as it now looks like a mop, she looks intently and states,  "it does look like a bed head" WHAT??????????? hahahaha, she's a straight talker, that one!! 

Have a horrid week next week, everything is going on all at once.........usually try and have quiet times to build up energy supplies, not going to work unfortunately...........trying hard not to think about it xx

Umph - that's a bit weird. Couldn't understand why Ktc was goin on about "skinny jeans" to you JCJ. Your posting came through late on my email posting, for some reason - techy glich praps.. Anyway - Awwww, how lovely that you had another "fix" of your daughter and partner on their way back. I have such fond memories of Snowdon, in that my parents walked my bruv and me up as kids (me then 9, 1968) in just a normal but sensible ("stout"!!) pair of shoes. None of the walking gear or togs available today. It was the same with the famous Wainwright, in his day, walking and conquering all the major Lakeland Fells in just a pair of wellies!! But . . . one of those special things that's deeply etched in my memory of younger years. My constant love of walking, was introduced and inspired by my M and D - bless 'em. I DID walk it again, 20 yrs later, Haven't yet climbed it by the Crib Goch ascent of - that's on the bucket list, not yet ticked off !! 

My previous post should have read "I'm ON the flipped off again bench" as oppo to "OFF it" !!

Ktc - Thank You for your supportive words. I get soooo frustrated, Flipped off and reactive these days sometimes. I AM also aware, that I've gone into some things with an already tired, fed up, reactive attitude, that maybe has a backfire effect - i.e. I can end up cutting my own nose off by being so REACTIVE. 

Lotsa love loonies xxx

Community Champion

Woo hoo FF found her rugSmiley Happy, and such a bargain too!!

No news is good news FF, but the wait is awful for you, hugs galore.

JCJ love the snow family, so glad your daughter and OH look more relaxed, hopefully they will now feel so laid back regarding new house etc.

delly, it's hard to feel motivated when stressed and anxious, perhaps you will feel stronger soon and feel up to taking everyone on, big hugs. 

Am on the "CBA" bench near the "have no energy", next to the "it's getting on my nerves" benches..................

SKINNY JEANS??????????? Still haven't "got over" seeing the superly flat tummy hahaha xx

JCJ - glad your check up went well.Yes, Brexit's introduced a new dilemma for your swim. You might be ok if take your cossie off as oppo to bra - give 'em a quick flash.If that doesn't work, you'll just have to swim back !! Smiley Happy Loving the snow people family.

Ktc- I have dreadful hot flushes - not on Tamox - just the luck of the drawer with longterm menopause symptoms. Am trying some natural tabs recommended elsewhere on the forum. Only just started so too early to notice any change. Are supposed to increase energy too.

FF - flippin fantastic on your bargain rug.

I'm off the "Fffffflipped off again" bench. Went to hospital again today to see Gastro guy, despite still not having had the more detailed CT liver scan. Told him of my previous two attempts for scan having been scuppered firstly by radiographer being unable to cannulate top of foot veins, being then promised someone more adept/proficient being organised to do it at the next appt two days later and it not happening. Instead of him rebooking it and himself organising someone to carry out he cannulation, he's now decided not to bother with it !! And have a look at the ultrasound scan that was done at the beginning of the year, which he's had all this time already to look at !! Which shows probs, that were also echoed in my private CT liver scan and blood test results . . . and was why he suggested the endoscopy and more detailed scan in the first place !! I reminded him that the whole point of his suggestion was due to my history of breast cancer. Lost a friend just last week to a massive secondary in her liver. It seems to be one of the favoured places for it. Now he's backtracking, wasting time and doing my bl**dy head in, just because of this cannulation in foot/ankle business. I've had 2 ops in the last two years under general, so I should have stood my ground, but I'm so worn down and low with other stuff at the moment, it's just a load of effort to with these people.I nearly didnt go, didn't want to be ar*ed. I'm at a point now, that I feel I need to make a formal complaint to him and copy to the hospital board.....again, thats if I can be ar*ed. Knew I should have asked to be transferred a while back, but didn't want to delay things and I let things slip. As it is, it wouldn't have made any difference with all this time now wasted.  Sorry, rant over girls

Fed-UpDelly xxx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Busy day. School summer fair. Outside, inside, outside and back inside as we dodged the showers. Thank goodness for the good old gazebos!

Then I went to a not quite so local town to visit the big department store that's got a sale on because it's closing down - you know the one: B*S. Didn't get the summer nightie or smart jacket I went for, but did get 2 pairs of jeans for £21 so I'm quite happy. Tickled pink that one of them says "skinny" on them. Me? Skinny? Hahaha! (Shhh! Don't spoil it, I know it refers to the leg style!)

Whilst ambling, somewhat kna**ered back to my car, I got a text saying YD was at our house on their way home. Drive the 10 miles home as quick as safely possible to see the girls before they left. (I'd suggested they used us as a wee/tea stop as we're about half way between Snowdonia and Norwich) They were both soooo much more relaxed than when we saw them last weekend. It's amazing what mountains and a week in a field can do for one! Smiley Happy

They were chuffed with themselves because they'd conquered Snowdon - and got the mug, T-shirt and cuddly toy to prove it! 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

What incredible luck, FF. Love a charity shop bargain! 

Meet the snow people family!IMG_20160624_225807.jpg

Community Champion

Found a rug!   A brand new purple shaggy rug, just what I wanted............. in the local charity shop for £10! How likely is that?  Can't believe my luck, popped in to look for books and there it was!

Changing tack now as I need a purple lampshade, bought a standard lamp at a car boot sale last year and have been half heartedly looking but now need make it a priority. Then the room will be finished.

Still no news about the scan, waiting, worrying, but at least not a quick recall, still worried but maybe not quite as much.  Have GP appt. on Tuesday will ask if they have the results then.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh No! I've just had a thought! Now "we" have voted ( although I take no responsibility whatsoever) Brexit (as in leave Europe not leave the bra off - though I will be doing that shortly) will I need to tuck my passport into my cozzie so they don't turn me straight back round when I swim up to the shore at Calais?

Community Champion

Oh poor FF's car, glad you grovelled to her, seems to have workedSmiley Happy!

Oooh new carpet for conservatory, woo hoo, glad you like the rugs!

Ohhhhh, JCJ, am firmly on the "dimwit" bench, meant were you were inside or outside the house locking doors???? not Brexit hahaha!!! AND have no idea re the punctuation...............Hurrah for being nearer Calais!

Into town later, did want to have my haircut but girl is off on hol, don't want anyone else to do it, sooooo will have to wait until next week. Hairstyle is "mop" like at the moment.

Fluffy peachy face is calming down but the hot flushes are awful, grrrrrrrrrr, speaking to someone who is in her sixties and 2 years off ta"poxy"fen STILL having flushes.................oh dreary me! xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Forgot to tell you: I was teaching a class of 6 -8 year olds this morning. We were learning how to write sentences properly and I unfortunately spoonerised "correct punctuation" - came out sounding VERY rude! 😱Smiley Embarassed

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Another swim done. Now just over 10 miles out from Dover with another 12 to go to Calais!

Carpets have to change colour somewhere FF, unless you do the whole house the same colour, so why not at the bottom of the stairs? Our landing is dark red with grey & navy freckles, the bedrooms and bathroom are grey, dark blue, purple and kingfisher blue respectively! 

Hahaha KTC, I'm Brexit - as in I've taken my bra off (not that that has any bearing (as opposed to baring!) on how I voted in the referendum earlier! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Katy - thank you so much for the name of modern rugs, I've looked on their website and they seem a lot closer to what I want than others I have seen.

It's either spend £300 on the stairs and landing or do the conservatory for free. Both is not an option. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.  I think I've decided though.  From where I spend most of my time I can't see the stairs so the disparity is not bothering me (it's not as if  one carpet is red and one blue, both are neutral) so the extra carpet will go in the conservatory.  

I hurt my car today, I've spent several hours apologising to her. I kerbed her while trying to park and although to my eye the damage was superficial I took her to my garage to make sure I hadn't done any real damage to the wheel.  All seems to be good.  As the car is booked in next week to fix the fault that I have no reversing lights, they will check the tracking then.  

Community Champion

Hurrah for the new carpetSmiley Happy!

Would also do stairs and landing and use the leftovers for your conservatory, then you're all done!

That's YD off on first hol of the year, soooooooooo mirror out, loads of clothes tried on, she is the only one of her friends that takes a gigantic suitcase....................hahaha!! Makes me tired............

Was thinking of not first but next, for your rug, lots of pretty ones. ED bought her very unusual rugs from an online store but I can't remember the name, will find out for you, FF.

Ran into town to pick up my "cowboy" dress, I like itSmiley Happy!

Are you in or out JCJ? Jam jams on asap xx

Just texted ED, modernrugs.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad you like your new carpet, FF. If you buy a bit more to do stairs and landing, what's the chances you'll still have enough left over for the conservatory? 

I don't know what you are after, but Dunelm have some nice rugs. I've often looked at them in our local (ish) store, although we don't have enough floor space for rugs - too much furniture in not very big rooms! They have an online store too -  and a sale until Sunday!  Just a thought. I bet you've already tried there and ruled them out.

I'm on the Wonder if he's going to close the front door, garage AND shed or whether I shall have to do it.....AGAIN bench. Now is the time to de-bra and don nightie, but if I'm going to have to go out to shut the garage - again - then I'd better stay dressed! Grrrr. Not perhaps serious enough for MOHIAB bench but certainly warrants a MOHISA (Seriously Annoying) bench. 😤

Community Champion

I have a new carpet!  It is so clean, so new, so lovely but I also now have a dilemma.  I have carpeted the sitting room and the hallway because they were beyond cleaning.  Because of sizes there is quite a lot of carpet left over.  Hallway carpet no longer matches the stairs.  It is usual that hallway, stairs and landing match but now they don't, so do I spend some extra money on carpet for stairs and landing or, as there is enough, do I replace the carpet in the conservatory for no extra cost and live with the disparity between hall and stairs?  Will give it week or so to think about it.

Still need a rug for the fireplace and still looking all over the interweb, I WILL find what I want eventually!

Community Champion

Not looking healthy outside, will be out later so assume will be on the "drenched again" bench, near the "grrrrr" bench.

All quiet here, GS is having a nap, had him out earlier with my chariot soooooooo much easier, thank goodness, had to laugh he was wide eyed looking at it.............more interesting than the birds especially as I was making lots of vroom vroom noises xx

Community Champion

Thank goodness your girls showed common sense JCJ, a blowout on the motorway might not have been good.  Hope they have a good, uneventful holiday now.

Babysitting was cancelled as it was raining cats and dogs so SIL was at home to look after GD while daughter at her appt.. So no worries about the carpet grippers.  All is ready for the new carpet tomorrow,  I can't wait.........so excited.......but need a rug. Have been all over the interweb, but will the advertised colour actually be right?  Thought I'd found one but what was advertised as purple was actually lilac when I saw it so no good.  Still searching.

Community Champion

Sooooooo glad your appt went well JCJ, happy the girls were able to take your mind off thingsSmiley Happy!

Brilliant they are on their way and not too costly!

Was just thinking this morning have not had any leg cramps for a while, mine were periodic not nightly, so possibly was the ta"poxy"fen?? What do you think you will do? Feel taking ta"poxy"fen just gives you that added security.

Anyone who is now diagnosed in this area will now only be seen for a year, then that's that. (unless you are in a trial) I think that's scary.

New carpets tomorrow woo hoo and lots of blades......another T shirt design methinks..........xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Onc checkup all OK. Luckily no blood pressure taken as I'd had a very stressful afternoon due to children's behaviour followed by traffic jam laden journey to hospital!

Onc repeated that it's likely that I will stay on Tamoxifen for up to 10 years, but that I can come off it before then if we think it necessary. She said that every extra year is added benefit in preventing cancer returning. She also suggested, perhaps in my response to complaints about cramp, that I could come off The for a few months and see if I felt any better. If not I could just start taking it again. I could swap to AI, but she said they are associated with joint pain and as I already have some joint issues, that probably won't be the best plan.

Latest news fro. The girls is that all the car problem was was a bulging tyre (good call coming here instead of going on motorway. It could have blown!! 😱) which has been replaced for £36 and the exhaust will need some new parts when they get home, but not urgently. They are on their way to the campsite. May even be there by now! Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Well maybe I shouldn't have moaned about not being able to help the girls out! Phone call at 4pm. Can they stay the night with us. They were en route to Snowdonia and the car was making odd noises and juddering. As they were only half an hour away from our house, they made the sensible decision not to join the M6 but come here instead. I've fed 2 very stressed young women (luckily Sunday dinner is an easy meal to stretch from 2 to 4 at short notice!) and administered gallons of tea. They seem more relaxed now and will take the car to our garage in the morning and hopefully it can be fixed quickly. Campsite is booked - and paid for- for 6 nights so one night's delay not too bad, especially as it's raining heavily tonight and forecast to be better tomorrow. It's no fun putting up a tent in the rain!!

I'll be at work tomorrow, and at my onc appointment straight after, so I'll not be much use to them then, but I'm very glad to have been able to help today. Fingers crossed it's nothing too major on the car. At least they've kept me off the jittery bench this afternoon! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Wasted £5.95 on stanley blades, son brought his own!  I expect they'll come in useful sometime.  Now sitting looking at grey underlay and half the furniture is in the conservatory, makes the room look bigger though.  Only the two sofas, the tv and the keyboard left in the room.........talk about minimalism!

Son-in-law also turned up to assist with the carpet but he was a bit late and it was almost done so he turned his attention to my garden (he is a landscape gardener) and I am also weed free now. Result!  I do feel a bit guilty as I could have done it.  I only like to shout for help when I REALLY can't do it myself.

Yes, I did finish the cushions and I am very pleased with them, the fronts are expensive material that I bought and the backs are made from a duvet and pillowcase set that I no longer needed so that works out at half price and custom madeSmiley Very Happy   I wish I knew how to put pics up.  Actually the chappie that fixed my laptop also does lessons and I might well invest in a few, as I could do with knowing more about computers and all the courses that they seem to run around here are when I'm at work. 

Babysitting duty tomorrow, little bit worried about all the exposed carpet grippers but she had no problem with them today and I'll watch her like a hawk.  It's only for an hour or so.

Hellooo lovely loonies,

JCJ - Thanks for the enlightenment of Mr Futon. Where are you and your daughter going for you camping break??

Katy - Thanks for your appointment well wishes, but it's just a consultation with results so far withOUT the further detailed liver scan "that still hasn't happened and is yet to be done" ones. Mmmmm, am intrigued as to what your cowboy dress is gonna be like - YEEE HAAAA. Altogether now - Dum de dum de dum "Stand by your mannnnn" or in the case of your tailor "mannekin" (guffaw).

Charys - good to see ya. Don't you think your boob will reduce back down again once all your Rads are finished and so hopefully your new bra will fit again.

Tat - hahaha, your bra stuffing cracked me up!! A BP badge is winging it's way. It was never the same after Val Singleton and John Noakes left. Can't remember the other fellas name. Was it Peter Pervis.  Got a badge for a colouring competition once, and a set of pink plastic Lady Penelope beads and matching hand mirror from a comic colouring comp. I know - just call me Bottidelli! And no, it wasn't recently, it was 50 yrs ago (arrrgh!). Fingers crossed for good scan results flower.

Love to everyone Delly xxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Did you ever get those cushions made, FF? 

I've been on the craft bench today too. Mended OH's vile summer gardening trousers that were really beyond repair, but he can't find any he likes to replace them. Had to patch leg inside and out as the original fabric too fragile to sew a patch on!

Whilst watching the tennis, and then after, reading, (love the no-hands reading possibilities of my Kindle.!)  I knitted half of mummy snowman.

I have also made 3 birthday cards- that's July & August birthdays sorted. 

It's been a bit grey here, but the washing dried and we haven't actually had any rain. B***er! That reminds me: I haven't watered my tubs at the front of the house! Too late now. Not going out in my nightie! 😆

Community Champion

Got the stanley blades, all systems go.  New carpet is for sitting room and hallway.  Old carpet beyond cleaning (tried that) but it was cheap and it's lasted 9 years so I'm not unhappy.  Old one was cream colour new one is somewhere between cream and brown, mushroom? darker than the old one so hopefully it won't show any marks but still light enough to keep me happy. What I want now is a new fireplace rug to complement the new colour scheme but all the ones i've seen that I like are far too expensive!

Have managed to get the washing done and dried today.....result!  Forecast was not good and tomorrow even worse so I'm glad about that

Have sat on craft bench attatching ribbon to t-shirt but it wasn't going well so gave up and read a book instead. Will try again tomorrow after carpet removal. 

Community Champion

Sooooooo scary FF, your heart stops and your tummy twirls, horrible feeling.

OOOOOH new carpet?? Where's it going? what colour?

If you wait until Tues you can put some carpet on new T shirts, just a thought hee hee!!

We have sunshine here, woo hoo xx