62350members
328156posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Oooh! Exciting, Katy! Where is the Lodge? How long are you going for?

My ankle is still a long way from normal but it's much improved. Swelling definitely receding. I'm just trying to decide whether swimming will be sensible. Non weight bearing exercise will probably be good to help reduce swelling - but chlorinated water on the bites????? Tonight may be the last time in a while that I go swimming, though, because next week there's something on at school (as well as the Academy Staff 'do' = BBQ and 'fun' games (think all the humiliation races from school sports day, only for adults, and we have to PAY £5 to do it.....). *** THAT!! I will make sure I stay and help tidy up at our school, so it will be MUCH too late to go to the 'do'!!  The following 3 or 4 weeks I'm likely to be away.

Hope Scotland is still being wonderful, Grumpy.

Hope you are OK FF. Been thinking about you. x

Best wishes to all Benchland visitors who read but don't post. Sorry there's not been much hilarity lately! x

Community Champion

Aaaaaah FF, prob best thing to find out exactly what it's all about..........things are taken out of your hands once in the system and sometimes they forget to give you all details, good luck with whatever you decide today, loads of hugs flying your way. Let us know when you can, cause will be on the "jittery" bench until we know.

Want to be on the "woohoo" bench, short hol break booked, leave on Mon, have a luxury lodge, 3 bedrooms, 2 ensuite and best of all reduced by over £300, soooooooooooooo excited!!!!

Reasonable weather now required xx

PS how is foot today JCJ? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

FF, you have my support - and perhaps the fact that you and your daughter can spend some time together today, even if you don't go for the procedure, is a good thing. 

My thoughts are that I agree with you about not having unnecessary invasive procedures. HOWEVER, have the symptoms, that originally caused the scan, gone away? If not, it may be worth ruling out something serious - if only to send those bloody What Ifs away!!

If they really are looking just to see if it's diverticular disease, and you are symptom-free then I definitely agree that there's no point. The docs are just covering their backs - so you can't sue later because they didn't find something? and/or trying to put your mind at rest.

Many hugs. Must dash should have already left for work!! x

Highlighted
Community Champion

I'm still up and still thinking but .......I've decided I'm not having that test tomorrow (ok today, it's after midnight!).  I do now believe that they don't suspect bowel cancer because of the timescale involved.  I want to talk to a Dr. about the CT results before I have anything else done.  None of the Drs. are actually talking to me and I feel I'm being railroaded into this.  I want to know what's going on, or what they suspect before I agree to an "invasive procedure" which carries risks.  

If they tell me face to face that it's necessary and give me a good reason, then I'll have it done.  It will only delay it by about 3 weeks and I'm sure that won't make too much difference.

My daughter has moved heaven and earth this week to be able go with me, arranged childcare, re-arranged her work and now I've got to tell her I'm not going.  She'll smile and say it's ok but I know what she will be thinking.

Community Champion

So glad you are both better.

Have been well trained in sewing Katy.  Just don't do it very often but can take care of most repairs that are necessary, insert zips and can even make clothes from a pattern. That's why my trousers fit me.  Need to teach daughter to do this now, as I won't be here forever.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

WTF?? I edited my post (or I thought I did..... so tired, who knows what I actually did??!) and it reposted itself with the extra bit in. Sorry to cause confusion! 

I'm on the smug bench - pulled a footstool alongside so I can elevate my foot. I just managed to fix my car cigarette lighter/charging socket all by myself. Thank you google (and OH who went to the car shop for me to buy the new fuse after I took the blown one out!) The charging socket will be a vital component of our camping trip in 2 weeks time - both for our phones & kindles, but most importantly for the electric air bed pump!! So it's a relief it's fixed and I don't have to fit in a trip to the garage.

Glad you're feeling better, Katy. Smiley Happy

Community Champion

haha we're all posting at the same timeSmiley Happy!!

Are you taking the antihistamines JCJ?

Forgot to say, how good are you FF, all that sewing xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm  OK, FF. Foot and leg still swollen but not getting any worse. It was a lot better this morning, after lying down all night, but it's back up again now as it's been a very long day. Sports day this am - carried over from Monday when weather forecast was bad - then rehearsing Y6 Leavers' performance, then showcase evening; where every class performs a 5 minute piece for parents who can also look through their child's books. This happens in the classrooms at half hour intervals to allow parents to watch each/all of their children perform. It's in lieu of parent's evening for the summer term, so it's less onerous for the teachers, but it's still a long day as it doesn't finish until 6pm!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, FF, and hoping it's not too painful/unpleasant. Also, of course, hoping they don't find anything that requires further investigation! I know exactly what that driving oneself mad thing feels like. It was me last year! Hugs.

You still got the tummy bugger, KTC? I hope you are feeling better. x

Community Champion

Yes FF am fine now, woo hoo!!!

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow FF, will be thinking of you.

JCJ, hope you have had your appt and ankle, leg, foot are all calming down.

Went into town today and was caught in torrential rain, never seen anything like it???? Well, apart from a monsoon when we were abroad haha!

Have some energy back thank goodness, so on the "happy" bench, hopefully you two will be joining me after tomorrow, fingers and toes crossed xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm  OK, FF. Foot and leg still swollen but not getting any worse. It was a lot better this morning, after lying down all night, but it's back up again now as it's been a very long day. Sports day this am - carried over from Monday when weather forecast was bad - then rehearsing Y6 Leavers' performance, then showcase evening; where every class performs a 5 minute piece for parents who can also look through their child's books. This happens in the classrooms at half hour intervals to allow parents to watch each/all of their children perform. It's in lieu of parent's evening for the summer term, so it's less onerous for the teachers, but it's still a long day as it doesn't finish until 6pm!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, FF, and hoping it's not too painful/unpleasant. Also, of course, hoping they don't find anything that requires further investigation! Hugs.

You still got the tummy bugger, KTC? I hope you are feeling better. x

Community Champion

JCJ, you ok?

Katy, you ok?

Just finished repairing daughter's trousers, brand new but the elastic at the waist was bust, so she got them for a really good price.  Now we just need to take them up about 2".  

School lovely and clean today as they'd all been out practising for sports day on Friday.  Powers that be nixed ST's offer of Friday off, I can only have the day of the procedure.  Not bothered, as it's the weekend if I don't feel up to it on Friday, I can do it over the weekend.

Community Champion

Just seen your post JCJ.  Flippin heck, get yourself an appt. at the Drs. pdq!  Forget work, your health is more important. Go to a minor injuries clinic like I did last year, or insist on a GP appt. tomorrow. 

Community Champion

Goodness me JCJ, I hope your leg has improved.  I had a similar reaction on the Sunday before MMU3 and had a trip to minor injuries unit for help got antihistamines (and anti-biotics in case they didn't work) as I was going away.  

Thank you so much for the info. on diverticular disease.  I knew some of it because my Mother had it and it never seemed to cause her too many problems but I was curious as to whether it ran in families.  I asked google and caught sight of something that was very scary.  I know I've not got that but I went away quickly.

Upon reflection I think the secretary said "of a diverticular nature"  not disease.

Katy - thank you for the hugs, much needed, so sorry you're feeling rough.  Hope you are better tomorrow.

I can and am still driving myself half (not totally, that's an improvement!) insane with  "what if?" scenarios.  My imagination is in overdrive but then I can't get past the timescale. All my "what if's?" would have resulted in quicker results/tests. So I calm down again. 

I've been kept busy yesterday and today being a taxi service, taking daughter and GD to places as her car has been in for it's MOT. She's got it back now, only failed on one tire, now replaced so that's good. I've done Monday Monkeys (a toddler group), school runs, library toddler singing group, taking her MIL to hospital for an appt.. 

Daughter has completely rearranged her life to be able to take me to hospital on Thurs. I am so grateful to her and I will tell her so.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

PS yes you are tempting fate!! Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Ankle not calmed down. Foot and leg now swollen and the skin feels so tight. Not particularly itchy or painful apart from the fact that the swelling makes it really difficult to walk, especially down stairs, because I can't bend my ankle. Smiley Sad

Everyone at work nagging me to go to Docs. I was going to ask the pharmacist at Sains***** for advice, but by the time I got all the way around the storedoing,  3-weekly shop, I CBA to wait for someone to appear at the counter. I was ready for my ham egg and chips in the café! Nom nom nom.

If it isn't any better tomorrow, I might get OH to hang on the phone and get me an appointment at GP. I can't do it as I need to be at work!! Stupid system.

Yes, KTC, I am still planning on tenting with YD - 2 weeks tomorrow - though I'm worried about what other beasties might want to munch on me!!  Also probably going to take OH and the tent to Anglesey for a week or 2 as well. If the weather's inclement we'll just have to find a pub showing the Olympics, like we did 4 years ago! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Aaaaah FF, huge hugs, it's awful worrying so much, glad it's somewhat cleared up for you.

Read JCJ's investigations, fingers crossed changing diet etc will work well for you.

When is your appt?

JCJ, happy girls are in woohoo!!! Isn't it funny when you say something, the opposite happensSmiley Frustrated!

I too used to be bitten to shreds by every beastie going but since bc, have been bite free (tempting fate?)................hope your ankle has calmed down now.

Are you still tenting with YD?

grumpy, weather is pretty dismal, where are you? At least you have the wagon wheels, haha!

Have been on the " ANOTHER BUG????" bench, nausea etc yuck, yuck, ED had it too so nothing to do with lido, seems to be only 24 hour thing, grrrrrr! xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

So sorry you've had such a horrible time, FF. At least the appointment is soon, so you won't be kept waiting - although that is what made it scarier for you, I'm sure!

I googled diverticular disease for you (NHS). It is the most common digestive disorder. Diverticula are just bulges in the large intestine - very common and usually cause no symptoms. 5% of people over 40 have them and 50% of people over 80. It's only diverticular disease if it causes problems: abdominal pain, high temperature, diarrhoea. A high fibre diet will help to alleviate symptoms and stop the bulges getting bigger. Basically, you may well have lived happily with them for years without even knowing if you hadn't had the scans! If you are not having symptoms, you probably won't have to do anything about it. And while they're there they will definitely rule out anything scarier - but they've already told you it's NOT the BC spread.

Fingers crossed for Thursday and speedy results. Mega mugatea and lots of hugs. We're with you in spirit.

Sounds like you are having a peaceful, if rather damp, time Grumpy. I can't wait to be off camping. School is particularly sh*t at the moment but just 9 more days - and one of those is a training day.

I'm regretting telling D-I-L that I no longer react badly to insect bites nearly as much as I regret cutting the hedge, yesterday evening, wearing shorts and flip flops. I got 4 insect bites on my right ankle and today it's swollen to more than twice it's normal size and the skin feels like it's going to burst. I'd swear it was Lyn if it wasn't in my foot. And the wrong side! I've taken an allergy tablet and I'm sitting with a bag of ice cubes on it to try to reduce the swelling. I should know not to tempt fate by now? Smiley Sad

Community Champion

I have had the most horrendous weekend but I'm ok now.  Saturday I received appt. letter from the hospital for a sigmoidoscopy on Thursday.  They had enclosed a leaflet telling me all about it.  I read it. That was a mistake.  Several reasons are given for having this procedure, one is "after a CT scan to get a biopsy of any abnormalities".  The others didn't apply so I was in total panic and have been for two days.  I tried to put my rational head on and it didn't work all that well. 

Today I've had a phone call from the GP's secretary to inform me that he's ordered this procedure and that it's for "a thickening of the bowel lining likely to be diverticular disease".  and I should expect an appt. to arrive in a week or so.  

The relief is immense but I really wish the phone call had come before the letter, I have been scared to death. This test is not the one that my daughter and SIL had and it doesn't sound as if it's a piece of cake. Pain is expected, sedation is offered or gas and air or both together.  I don't want to be sedated so I'll go with the gas and air, after all I went through childbirth on gas and air so I'm hopeful  I can do this.

At least the camera is going upwards, that's ok.  If they ever want to put a camera down my throat, they would have NO chance. No way, no how, NEVER!

School has been understanding, given me Thursday off, offered Friday off just in case so I took it. I don't know how I'll feel. 

I am NOT googling diverticular disease,  Mum had it, she was ok for years, perhaps it runs in families?

It's not quite so wet now, mucky clothes in the washer, wearing the Camping Frock and I've just eaten 2 wagonwheels!!! 

No tv, no papers, no phone calls, no meetings, just radio scotland and email - bliss.

Keep well everyone

Love

Grumpy and the pups

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

BOO!

That surprised you KTC! 

I will be on the watching tennis (proper GREEN tennis) bench this afternoon. At the moment I'm still in bed "checking my messages" on my tablet and "waiting for the bathroom" (any excuse to delay getting up)

I had several picture messages from YD yesterday and Friday evening. They are in their new house. Paintwork in the flat touched up (in the hope of getting ALL the deposit back - they need that money!) and keys handed over. Now they just have to unpack - though I expect YD might  get slightly distracted by the tennis - yesterday's picture of them "unpacking" was of the TV, on its stand, in the corner of a roomful of boxes, showing the Ladies Wimbledon Final! D-I-L (who doesn't like the tennis) was sprawled on the sofa watching. It's been a long 2 weeks and they've worked hard. I can't wait to visit them in their new home. If only they didn't live 3 hours away (or I had more energy to be able to undertake the trek at a weekend. It's all I can do to recharge my batteries for the next week at work - barely manage to even leave the house at the weekend! Smiley Sad )

2 more weeks. 10 more get ups. I can do this.Just 5 more minutes snoozing now, because I can. I'll pretend I didn't hear OH go downstairs so the bathroom is free! Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Bottom firmly placed on the "lazy" bench, right next to the "CBA" bench today!

Will not see/hear JCJ or FF at all today because of the tennis, will watch the football tonight..............

Mum needed a new microwave so I ordered one that everyone states "so easy to use" really??? Not for my Mum, oh dear at the moment she is unable to even set the clock sooooooooo may have to pop along later, hee hee, silly mummy. xx

Community Champion

grumpy, hope you are having fun, weather not too badSmiley Happy!

Love the minion JCJ, you can wear outfit to Afternoon Tea, soooooooooo pretty! 

FF, what a load of nonsense, last year wouldn't give you much needed supplies and this year spend a fortune on a job you've done for years...........................

Feeling so much better, felt very sickly and headachey, think I didn't drink enough so never again, will make sure I have lots of water, my own fault.

YD got there safe and sound, GD leaves tomorrow, they are going to have a "tan off" hee hee!

Still not sure where we are going, last minute deal fingers crossed xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh the joys of the bureaucracy of academies, FF. I understand and feel your pain!

Another mile closer to Calais. I can almost smell the croissants! Smiley Happy

Hope the weather is holding up, up in the far North, Grumpy, and that you're not feeling too ***tty after your Lido, KTC.

Hugs to everyone who needs them. x

Community Champion

Oh lawks! I've got to a certain age!  Oh dear Smiley Sad  Actually thanks for your words JCJ, they have really helped.

School is driving me totally bonkers. Since we've become an academy getting anything done is a nightmare. I told you that ST had asked me to re-do the wooden floors but that I need help and to borrow/hire equipment i.e. a stripping/polishing machine. ST e-mailed the powers that be to ask if this could be arranged.  Back comes the reply "have I been trained to use this machine?".  Yes, I was trained in 2008 when I first started the job. Then "have I a certificate to prove it?" No, I haven't.  Upshot is that I can't do it as I can't prove that I can do it.  I've only done it for the last seven years ffs, but that doesn't count.  Now they are talking about getting people in to do it.  That will cost them hundreds if not thousands of pounds. What a waste of money!

Sorry for the rant there but I just get so frustrated with all the red tape and I expect I'll have to go on a totally unnessary training course.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Great news FF! Not the total sigh of relief we wanted, but "minor changes" are inevitable once one gets to a certain age anyway, regardless of our "history"? (and let's face it, most people don't get to be scanned, if they don't have that "history".) Keep rational. No one's rushing and you're feeling better. As you say, IF there is anything, (which there isn't!) they've got it really early. I hope you get definite confirmation soon. How well I remember what this scans/results/more scans waiting game is like! 😞😘 Hugs.

Hugs KTC - hope you feel better soon and the Lido does its job! 

Our Year 6 kids go to their new schools for the day tomorrow, and all the rest go to their new classes. We'll get a sneak preview of what next year's classes will be like. Can't be worse than this year, surely? Or can they.......?

Community Champion

Sooooooooo pleased for you FFSmiley Happy!! 

You keep your rational head on, big hugs.

Feeling really yucky, lido today so will read other posts later xx

Community Champion

The letter from consultant has arrived.  It is just what I expected.  There is something somewhere!  When you're scanned from neck to hips there just has to be something somewhere!  Letter says " no evidence of spread of your previously treated breast cancer".  That's the good news.  Then it goes on to tell me that there are some  " minor changes to the lower bowel, likely to represent nothing untoward at all"  and my GP may refer me for " a telescopic test".  That's a colonoscopy in my near future then Smiley Sad

After 15 minutes of having myself dead and buried from bowel cancer, I put on my rational head and I'm now not too worried.  It's taken nearly four weeks to tell me this. If there was a real problem I would have heard earlier and my consultant would be referring me to one of her hospital colleagues.  I would rather have had a clean bill of health but if there does prove to be a problem they've got it early before any symptoms, so I'm ok with it.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I knitted a minion!

I think I've also discovered my new look. 😁

20160706_072013.jpg

OK, so not as good at technology as I thought...... can't make the posh phone work. So it's just a camera and emergency phone.

At loch Lomond for a few days, then off to Glencoe.

Shall I try to catch the loch Ness monster to make nessie burgers for the party?

Dogs worn out......

Grumpy

I've not been to The Jolly Merkin for ages FF, I love what you've done with the place! Comfy squishy sofas as well as proper high backed chairs, a cocktail bar with mojitos on offer (buy one, get a dozen free), maltesers stocked behind the bar alongside all the crisps, and the live band stage complete with chicken wire barrier so we can throw bottles and peanuts at the band to show our appreciation (I love the Blues Brothers films!)

Keep your head happy xx

Community Champion

Soooo glad your head is in a better place FF, waiting is just awful x
Forgot to say it's not my birthday but YD's she leaves on her birthday for foreign shores.
We can still have a party though xx
Community Champion

Thanks girls, I have calmed down today. The sensible side of me knows that the later I hear the better but that gremlin got to me and your replies have really helped.

Son was supposed to come over today and lay the left over carpet in the conservatory but he wasn't well, so it's been put off until next weekend.  So I've watched Wimbledon and read books and generally had a quiet day.

Community Champion

FF, just remember the longer you have to wait, the better the outcome, the doc would def have information even if letter did go astray he would have results on computer, so try not to worry. Know it's easy to say, lots of hugs flying your way, fingers crossed that letter is here soon.

Now JCJ, was having a problem with resemblance, re Marilyn, then googled a pic, M with long hair, OH MY, it's uncanny, you could be twinsSmiley Happy!!!

Soooooooooooo if anyone is wondering what JCJ looks like just google Marilyn with long hairSmiley Happy, can't believe it................

Great girls are almost in, soooooooooo exciting xx

Away to sit on the "laughing" bench xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

BTW, FF, I have booked you an emergency sight test. If you can see similarities between me and Marilyn there must be something seriously wrong with your eyes! Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I thought about you, FF, when Djokovic was knocked out! I'll join you in the J.M. for a glitterberry juice or 6 (had to put the full stops in there as tablet insists I mean UK when I type JM! (Aha! Fooled it by putting a space then backspace - cunning?!) as if JM is any where near UK, either on the keyboard - OK so it's fairly close - or in meaning??!)

Those WhatIf gremlins are nasty little ****ers aren' they?! You need to hold on to the fact that you are feeling better. As they kept having to tell me: if your symptoms were cancer related, you wouldn't be getting better! And if a letter had got lost in the post, it's unlikely that the corresponding one to your GP would also be lost, and I'm fairly sure she/he would be notified of anything of concern - especially as it was they who referred you? 

YD tweeted a picture of their new, enormous, American style fridge freezer. Delivered to new house yesterday.  Empty except for a 2l carton of milk with the caption: "To do: buy more food"

Today she's tweeted another picture this time the fridge part contains 2 pizza boxes from a well known outlet (number tiles game) and the freezer side has a carton of F&B's ice cream. The caption is "Ah! That's better! 😁"

I think it's safe to say they are enjoying getting the house ready for moving in next week, despite all the hard work.

Tiara donned. Knee highs donned. Handbag at the ready. Sparklers and BBQ (for alliburgers) at the ready. When's the party? Feel I should remember from previous years but........!! 

Community Champion

Also congrats to your son Ali, a degree is a degree and well earned but good luck to him if he wishes to resit and better it.

Thanks for your good wishes Delly, please don't be sorry, I take it for granted that everyone on here wishes everyone well.

Katy - birthday? - party!!  Which day? We need a good knees up,  I'll wrangle the alligators (help would be appreciated Grumpy) so we have aliburgers, the rest of you make desserts and a CAKE and fix up a DJ. We'll dance round our handbags "all night long" Smiley Very Happy

I see the similarities between you and Marilyn JCJ.

A gremlin has settled on my shoulder and whispered in my ear "what if the letter recalling me to the hospital has gone astray in the post?"  I am now on the "driving myself insane" bench.  So I've been to the Dark Dark Woods for a flamethrower for the gremlin, dismantled the Jolly Merkin pub as it's not being used and rebuilt it in Benchland.  It can keep the same name or be renamed by anyone but I'm in the pub, playing the piano (blues) and trying to drown my sorrows. Anyone want to join me?  

Djokovic out.... Go Andy!

Community Champion

Congratulations to Ali's sonSmiley Happy! Best of luck for the resits, what does he want to do?

Hello Rubycat, everyone is welcome in BenchlandSmiley Happy!

JCJ, hope you were wearing your green knitted knickers, you'll be the talk of the town hahaha!!! Everyone will be sooooooooo envious of those pants hee hee!!

On the "quiet" bench, fingers crossed over this weekend, busy (I want to cry) week coming up, have kids (cause they are off), lido, birthday, YD leaving for her hol, the list goes on and on..............oh dreary me, away to lie down just thinking of it all xx

Hi loonyladies,

just popped in to say a quick "HI" and to also say hope you get your scan results soon FF and that all is clear. I meant to mention it in my previous post, but must have got carried away with your bargain charity rug find !! and forgot to - sorry.

JCJ - your "Marilyn moment" ties in with the latest Meerkat ad breaks with Corrie, which features one of them doing just that. Fancy pinching your idea !!

Yeh Grumpy, what a fantastic tour you've planned - Och Ay to the Noo

Good to see you Ali and Rubycat.

Hope you and everyone else are well and have a good w/end

Loadsa love 

Doolally xxx

Pps JCJ I hope you'd got your best knix on ........ Smiley Very Happy

Ps Rubycat it's not poking your nose in Smiley Happy xx

JCJ and Rubycat thank you so much Smiley Happy I'm incredibly proud of him and to me it's a success and an achievement to be proud of, however today he officially requested to resit so I will put my celebrations on hold and support him all the way Smiley Very Happy

Does anyone know about  the graduation ceremony - as in , its scheduled for July but his resit is August, so I assume he would actually graduate next year ?? Cause there's no way I'm missing that .....

Happy weekend Benchies x

Felt compelled to sit on the 'poking my nose in' bench to Ali as it brought back memories of my son 'only' getting a 2:2 a few years ago, and his huge sense of disappointment.  I felt at the time what a shame that such an achievement was marred by his view of the grade and tried to tell him that employers were more interested that he had got a degree, rather than the actual grade.  There's not usually any space to even put the degree grade on an application form, especially if you write big! My son went on to do a master's (and wasn't asked his grade), and then real work never asked about actual grades.  Do hope your son can take pride in himself  Ali and how well he has already done and goes on and finds a path in life that he wants.  Getting off the poking my nose in bench now and on to the TUB bench (Thank You Benchlanders) -- you are a great bunch of ladies who have given me a lot of laughs & made a difference to me. Big hugs to you all, Christine xxxCat Very Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hellooo Ali! Good to see you in Benchland! I hope your son gets passes his resits - or manages to find meaningful employment where it doesn't matter - it's still an Honours degree after all? (Says she who also just missed a 2.1!!)

Have a great trip, Grumpy. Looking forward to seeing her ladyship and the riff raff on their Scottish Tour.

----------O. ------------O. ------------O. _----------------O --------------o. ----------------0 --------------0 --------------0 ----------------0

More spoons for your stash KTC. [___] and a bucket to put them in.

I had a Marilyn Monroe moment this evening on my way to fetch my Friday chippies - but nothing like as elegant, obviously!  As I rounded the corner to cross the bridge over the river a big gust of wind blew my skirt up. Frantic grabbing and shuffling to try and maintain a modicum of decorum and decency. Guy walking towards me trying to pretend he hadn't noticed anything untoward. Oh no! It was one of the lads who works on the volunteer allotment with my OH! Smiley Embarassed I'm not sure he recognised me, but if he did, they'll be laughing at my expense for weeks. Smiley Mad

Hello my lovelies! How are you? Grumpy your holiday sounds wonderful, a proper road trip! I hope you all enjoy it Smiley Happy

Mirrors!! Did you know some shops use tinted mirrors because women tend to feel better when they have a tan and are more likely to buy? And that a flattering reflection is all to do with the lighting and how the mirror is hung, shadows cast can give you a double chin for example. I have a shop, I'm a mirror bore... My shop mirror has beautiful fairy lights draped around it and is next to the music system which plays gently upbeat music so that you can smile at your reflection. And as for "does my bum look big in this?" well thanks to the Kardashians (other celebrities are available) the correct and fashionable answer these days is "yes!" I'm having to get my head round dressing my customers in figure hugging dresses which show their curves with nothing left to the imagination....if you've got it, flaunt it, and why not?? It's a far healthier approach than size zero Smiley Happy

My son has his uni results, he's got a 2:2. He's disappointed in himself, he wanted a 2:1 , and I'm sad that he can't see any success only failure. He wants to resit over the summer , apparently your mum being proud of you doesn't cut it with prospective employers........

Community Champion

So school (i.e. ST)  has said that she would like me to re-do the wooden floors in two of the classrooms over the summer holiday. Told her that I don't have the equipment necessary and would not have time to do much else. She offered to get the maintenance man to help and the borrowing of equipment. Knowing just how long it takes to set up anything in this new academy I'm pretty sure it won't happen which is a shame.  I would love do the floors and get them looking beautiful again.  I shall order the stripper, varnish and polish and hope for the best.  

Glad you gave up holding your breath before you went unconscious JCJ,  I wouldn't want to be responsible for that.  Thanks for the hugs...appreciated. Also thanks to Katy for the hugs.

Car has been to the garage today, SIL noticed that my reversing lights weren't working so I booked in to have them fixed. Goodness knows how long they've been out but they are fixed now.   

Community Champion

Ok, running shoes on...............kids come off tomorrow..................hahaha!!! 

Look at me run............

Sooooooooooo glad you also have mirror issues, why are home ones kinder????

Walked up to GD's school yesterday and exhausted myself, went to bed really early, geez am turning into such a drip, need at least a bucket full of spoons nowadays xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Even worse are the 360° view mirrors in M&S fitting rooms! They add 2 stone and 20 years at least - and yes my bum does look big in this, that and everything else. Always!

Still got fingers crossed, FF, but I had to give up holding my breath. Would have long been unconscious by now otherwise! You must hear good news soon surely? Hugs.

Soooo tired. 3 weeks, 1 1/2 days to go (and 1 of those is a teacher training day: no children! Smiley Happy ) (No KTC, don't tell me Scottish kids have already broken up, or the green eyed monster might make me KILL something! 😧)

Community Champion

Katy - don't worry, hairdressers mirrors are rigged to add about a hundred years to your appearance.  I have noticed this as well and I always look better when I get home to MY mirror.

Community Champion

Have a fabulous time, grumpy, how excitingSmiley Happy!!

I shall expect a wave on the East coast heehee!

FF, hairdresser always says if you are under the weather, your hair really shows it, you had a long spell there of feeling yucky............you will be also in a turmoil until you have that letter, fingers crossed it's soon, more hugs flying your way.

Had hair chopped yesterday, woo hoo!

Also bought another bra, this is the last one EVERSmiley Frustrated, you always think it feels comfy then after a couple of hours it's annoying you,to the extreme, mmmmmmmmmmm!! 

Am truly hoping that hairdresser's mirror has something wrong with it???? cause am now scurrying over to the reinforced FB bench, near the gosh my face is wrinkly xx

Community Champion

Looking forward to your photos Grumpy, I hope you have a wonderful time and that the weather is kind to you.

Went to Drs. got prescription sorted but still no news about the scan but he said that they fast track bad news, so no news is good news......Thanks for the hugs Katy, much needed. 

Talking of hair, for the last three months for various reasons, I've not been able to have mine cut by my usual hairdresser and it's not looking good. Add to that a scalp condition that has needed a medicated shampoo alternated with baby shampoo and my hair is now looking more like fluff than hair.  Not a good look but scalp condition is cured, usual haidresser can be accessed so hopefully I will look better soon,