62377members
328258posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Dear all, hope the process of transporting all the benches, allligators, glitterberry juice and camels to Norcambe goes smoothly and you all have the most fabulous time at MMU4 Smiley Happy xx

So Girlies,

Sounds like your get-together is very imminent - tomorrow?? Let me know will yers please. What you're up to when you're at Norcombe. Don't hold anything back - those of us who aren't with you want to know ALL the details. Capische xxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

I've been so firmly affixed to the Olympics bench that Norecambe has crept up on me and I've just realised that I've got two days to get organised.  I need to do washing, sort out what I will be wearing, clean the car interior, wash the car exterior, fill it with petrol, make a list for packing, I love a list.....can't do anything without a list.  And then it helps to take everything home again!  Have started the list tonight and will finish it tomorrow.Smiley Happy

Went to school today, did the water checks and all is ok.  So still on holidays until next Friday when I need to pop in to do the water checks again.  Waved to daughter as we passed in our cars in town. Thought she might call in for a muggatea but she must have been busy.

Community Champion

Much later......................xx

Community Champion

oh my JCJ, on beam with hoop and ball, trampolining at the same time!!! Am sooooooooooo impressed, will def bring trampoline down to station to meet you, no second thoughts will just jump and jump then fly through the air in direction of train:smileyhappy!

No Revcat this year will tell you what's what when I see you.

Have GD for sleepover, we have to go into town, up to Mums and into supermarket, she will be happy, NOT!!

And forecast is torrential rain, woo hoo!!

We can do it................later..............xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Nearly right. Train due in ,13:56 - if I manage to get to the station in time to catch it!

Blowing a gale again and chucking it down this morning. Glad I'm under a solid roof!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Watching the Olympic rhythmic gymnastics. It's giving me ideas. Will bring a hoop and a ball to Norecambe. We can combine rhythmic gymnastics with trampolining. How hard can it be? Smiley Tongue

I shall be arriving 1:57pm (I think - details upstairs CBA to go and look. Will confirm later)

Any news about Rev cat, Katy? Will she be joining us?
Community Champion

Ooops Rita's who is Rosie?? hahaha x
Community Champion

Oooh hopefully, fingers crossed for some sunshineSmiley Happy!!

4 years?? Can you believe it, soooooooooo excited!!

FF, all these suggestions surely one will work haha!

Been out for tea tonight, really lovely so back on the "reinforced FB" bench for me............even had a dessert, oooooh..............

Also thanks to the torrential rain and wind, I came home with curly hair, have never had curls before ever?? so a surprisingly unusual look pour moi.

Tea out again tomorrow then breakfast at Rosie's and Afternoon Tea and prob chip shop next week, oh dear I shall be sitting permanently on the double, double reinforced,superly strong steel  FB bench xx

Community Champion

Delly - I feel your solution to my duvet problem is the best one.  Unfortunately it's a bit counter productive so I'll keep fighting.  I'll try the others suggestions again and see if I have any more luck Smiley Frustrated  Yes, we are having a get together, the fourth time and I can't wait and it will be fun. 

Thanks for the photos JCJ - when we're at Norecambe you can explain to me how to download and print them. I am not computer savvy!  Many courses are available in my local library for the computer illiterate (me) but they are all in the afternoon when I'm at work Smiley Sad

Looked on the met office for the weather forecast for Norecambe, looks like you might get wet on Monday Katy but Tues. 19 degrees and cloudy, Weds. 22 degrees and sunny intervals and Thurs. 22 degrees and sunshine and showers.  Looks like we might be lucky again.  Fingers crossed!

Alternatively FF - once you've received your new shredder - Place both two top corners of your duvet into it and press the button - solved.

But seriously, Yeh, it's all about just feeding the two bottom duvet corners into the two bottom corners of the duvet cover, holding them in place from the outside, and then just pulling the rest of it UP and then putting the two upper corners in.Button or zip it up, hold the two upper corners and then give it a good shake, so the down evens out - SIMPLES !!

Are you lovely ladies having a getogether/rendezvous soon, with your refs to Norcombe? If so, I hope it's fun

Delly xxx

Buy some VERY large clothes pegs to anchor the two top corners, then wiggle to the cover down..... or jam the top corners in the wardrobe door and pull down. 

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OK, FF. Plan B: Start duvet administration as afore mentioned. Lie partly clad duvet on bed. Continue turning duvet right way in - like skinning a snake! - then put the other duvet corners into the corners of the cover. Grab these two corners and shake again. 

Alternatively, I believe you can buy clips to hold the corners in place. I'm sure I've seen them in that catalogue that comes through the door (opposite of worse ware!)

Or these:

http://www.dunelm.com/product/quilt-clips-1000017856

I will look out some photos for you. Ooh! check your DM. I'll send you the link (and password) to my MMUI photos on photobucket. 

Community Champion

I have tried that method of duvet covering and found it extremely unsucessful on a double duvet, though it works a treat on a single one. Back in the day I used to clean a holiday home with a colleague and she always laughed at my double duvet efforts and had to help me!  

I agree, layers are the way to go, I'm packing for anything from a heatwave to a monsoon or even snow but then I don't have to carry it onto a train Smiley Happy

Girls - as the old computer was not working properly when data was switched to the new computer, some things did not transfer.  This included all my photographs of MMU1,2 and 3.  If either of you could let me have copies of your photographs I would be extremely grateful.  Especially of MMU1.

My shredder has died, I've obviously asked too much of it and it's given up the ghost.  I'll give it a decent burial (at the local tip) and buy a more expensive one to replace it.  It was reasonably cheap so I've had my money's worth out of it.  

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Layers, KTC, that's the way to go. You can do the dance of the forty fleeces! 😀

FF, I was going to give you the same advice re duvet administration. You may have to lay it down and ease the bottom (top) corners in after the shake if it hasn't gone all the way down. Even works on a King size.

Home now. Back in the land of WiFi so don't have to worry about phone data. Right time to raid freezer for something edible quickly.

Community Champion

Turn cover inside out, put your hands in the corners, grab duvet by the corners and shake, job done hee hee!!!

Was told to do that by a hotel workerSmiley Happy!

Another hot day here am in a dilemma what to pack??? Clothes for hot weather or cold or both???

How do I get it all into a small bag??

Better have a muggatea and ponder xx

Community Champion

Why, oh why do I have so much trouble putting a cover on the duvet?  It's not lack of practise, I change the bedding regularly but I always have a fight with the duvet cover. I'm exhausted but it's done.  Any tips anyone?  

Another lazy day today watching the Olympics, eating pizza and doughnuts, it's allowed, I'm still trying to put on weight.

Community Champion

hahahaha FF, you're funnySmiley Happy!!

What a bad boy grumpy, no wonder he still has his ASBO!

Dentist done, teeth fine, hairdresser done too, woo hoo and have ironed another 2 things.............am def on a roll..............

Was going to do a little packing as this is the only "free" day but have decided a muggatea and caramel slice are the order of the daySmiley Happy!

Yesterday was sooooooooo hot here, fingers crossed for Norcambe, if it is good weather perhaps I can trampoline  directly into the water ??xx

Community Champion

Sorry Grumpy but as I'll actually be at MMU4, I'm having the chocolate eclair.  We will miss you , hope to see you next year!

Been shredding documents again today, when SIL was putting "stuff" into my loft when they moved, he also brought down paperwork that needed shredding and today I've got round to it. Also been trying to sort out my books, second bedroom has no bed in it, just bookcases. It's my library but the new books wouldn't fit so I've had to be ruthless and get rid of some books that I know I won't read again.  I will take them to the charity shop.  I now have more space, so I'll buy more books to fill it.

Joey has rather disgraced himself in true ASBO Boy style ....... we went to see the outdoor pipe band concert, and he insisted on singing along! Oh the shame of it!!!! Meg pretended she wasn't with us.

Tomorrow is last camping day, then off to see friends in Fife and Edinburgh before home next week.

Sorry not to get to Norcambe this time to see you all, but next summer I shall be 'staying home' in August cos I can't cope with campsites in the school holidays.

Scotland has been pretty much midge free this trip, something to do with the rain perhaps? Silver linings DO exist after all.

I bags the fresh cream chocolate eclair please.

Grumpy

Community Champion

Woo hoo for JCJ's weather and FF's carSmiley Happy!!

Glad you had a lovely partytime too!!

Busy week ahead, why does everything always happen at once??

Hair chopped tomorrow, must be presentable for Norcambe, hahaha!!

Trampoline packed, was thinking hint from JCJ, that you can do "floor" FF and JCJ can do "beam" that'll liven up Norcambe's beach front.............

Oh my gosh it'll soon be happening xx

Community Champion

So glad that the weather has improved for you JCJ and you can now enjoy your holiday.  I'm now officially on holiday for two weeks, apart from a quick trip there each week  to do the water checks.  

Car has been serviced today, they didn't find anything wrong, so an oil change and new filter, a new air filter, brakes checked etc. and I'm all set for a nearly 600 mile round trip.  While that was being done I've been watching Andy win the gold medal.  What a match, great tennis and the right result!

As I cleaned the house to within an inch of its life for friends arrival, I've been able to be lazy today and sit on the tv bench without feeling guilty Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Come on, FF, don't be so modest. We know you can do back flips. We've seen your ferret dance!! Smiley Happy

Weather has calmed down considerably, since Saturday, and we have been reminded why we love camping and put up with the c***. Today is actually blue sky sunny. The sun cooked us out of the tent before half past eight. Sitting in the shade eating breakfast before summoning up the motivation to go for a shower. Or not.

Going home Friday, to give me time to put all the camping stuff away, pack for Norecambe and book train tickets. I usually hate going home from holiday, but this time I've got something to look forward to! Smiley Very Happy
Community Champion

Trampolining at Norecambe?  Ok, I'll try to roll back the years and do the somersaults I used to do.  Please have paramedics standing by!

I've had a really lovely weekend.  The housewarming soiree  was a great success.  A good time was had by all, and although some of those with young children left at a reasonable time (about 11pm!) we were still sitting round the chimnea at midnight.  I did put leftovers in the shed for you, hope you tried the coffee cake made by my friend from Herts..  Yummy doesn't begin to describe it.

So lovely to see my friends again, they come down about twice a year and I know they were worried about me earlier this year and they said it was good to see me looking so much better. ( I was a bit of a wreck when they were down in May.)

Now looking forward to Norecambe - 9 days to go........!  And counting.......

Community Champion

hahaha, lido is when we come back from Norcambe...............

Aaaaah JCJ the weather is improving for a couple of days, fingers crossed it shines on you x

FF, enjoy the party, will there be leftovers in the shed???

delly, not a camper then???

Ironed two things yesterday, sooooooooooo think I deserved that whole bag of fudge that fell into my mouth!!

Will be bringing my trampoline down to Norcambe, have been inspired hahaha!! xx

Yey FF - another anti-canvas camper. Tell JCJ to buy a small camper/motor home or touring caravan. With a camper van/home, you're also not tied to camping sites. Can "wild" camp if you stock up on water and refill on at petrol stations.

xxx

Community Champion

JCJ - you just keep reminding me why I hated camping!  I keep hoping the weather improves for you but to rub it in completely (sorry!) it's glorious down here, couldn't be better weather.  Perhaps next year you ought to come "darn sarf"?  You too Grumpy.

Party plans going apace, I've been put in charge of condiments, daughters friends are all bringing various dishes, and with what she is providing , there should be enough to feed a small army.............leftovers for Sunday lunch then!  Sunday lunch at son's has been cancelled, so if there are leftovers...........

Friends from Herts. down for the party today, (so I've had to completely clean and tidy my house, wish they'd come once a month Smiley Tongue)  lovely to see them, they are staying at daughters until Monday. So nice to see them today, we keep in touch by phone but it's not the same as seeing them.  I'll probably go up there in Oct. half term.  Something to look forward to.

Hope you are feeling ok after your Lido Katy, take it easy, sit on that CBA bench, I haven't got the time for it this weekend, but I'll be on it next week!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh FFS! More gales! Stayed with tent all day - don't want to lose 2 tents in less than a week! Smiley Sad
I am soo glad I refused to put up the new tent where the owner wanted us to, but insisted on putting it in the most sheltered corner.
3 tents have broken, today, in the field we were in last week! This site is new: only opened last summer, and I think the owners have learnt some things about tent camping this week! They've lent a caravan to one family whose tent broke, and helped several others pitch tents in the wind. I've helped a few people stop their tents blowing away before they could peg them down too.

I hope the met office forecast is correct and the wind will ease by tomorrow morning. However, I hope it's wrong about the heavy rain due this evening.

Camping: such a relaxing holiday?????????
Community Champion

I've just taken a walk down by the river and watched the most spectacular sunset.  Absolutely glorious.  Had a haircut today, so I feel a lot tidier. Slowly getting school sorted out but teachers are still in at odd times making messes.

JCJ - hope your new tent arrived and is ok and that the weather has improved.

Katy - phone no. is still the same.

Busy few days coming up, daughter's party on Saturday, lunch at son's on Sunday, car being serviced on Monday.  Crafty Roadside Rescue company sent me my renewal notice and have changed the small print to say that if car is not serviced every year, the cover is invalid.  Sneaky!!  So having to have the service in case I break down in Norecambe and have to call them out. 

Then I have to work in all the Olympics watching!

Community Champion

Luckily have always been in caravans that have their own loo, so no special baggies pour moiSmiley Happy!

So a shrunken grumpy, The Duchess and ASBO boy now with Scottish accents, and the rain........ we shall never have a water shortage here...............

Good job there is not a camel in sight.

All quiet here, had GS for a short while today, he was specially interested in the bin lorry, sooooooooo we stood for ages just watching, was a little uncomfortable as the bin men kept waving sooooooo I had to keep waving back hahaha, schools here are back on Tues, can't believe it??

No more "funny turns" whew!! xx

Ah Grumpy, a camper close to my heart i.e. in a campervan. And few places better than Scotland for it. 

We didn't have the luxury of a  shower or loo. Bucket and chuck it system using bin bags for ermhum - solids which we then disposed of in one of the many bins you've mentioned, and we nicknamed PDU's (Poo Disposal Units). Hey, don't criticise. Its only the same as dog owners do. The more thoughtful dog owners that is, who don't hang bags on the twigs of trees/bushes!! We WERE conscious and considerate. Eeeee happy . . . . Mem - o - ries, da de da de da de daaaa, different coloured bags of mem - o - ries, of doo doo doo doo dooo's !!! Hahahee.

Weather's supposed to be picking up towards the weekend.

Enjoy campers.

Loadsa love

Delly xxxx

It's a wonder I haven't shrunk in all the rain on this trip.......

In Grantown on Spey listening to a torrential downpour so heavy duty waterproofs at the ready for the local show tomorrow, and a LARGE glass of the local tincture to hand. This has NOT been a good year for camping, as some of us know!!!!!!

Scotland has more rubbish bins than anywhere else on the planet GOOD, but public loos close at 7pm BAD  so thank goodness for the porta potti and privacy glass windows in the camper...... I leave it to your imagination.

Joey looks like he's been down rabbit holes, and Meg is not speaking to me cos I stood on her paw.

Grumpy (and damp)

JCJ - Talk about "purists". WHAT are you campers like??!! You've reminded me why I've never been interested in canvas camping. Don't mind any amount of hard floor and hard roof caravan/boat/campervan camping. You tenters are a ruftytufty lot.Well done for your tenacity and what a kind site owner to give you shelter.

Anglesey has some lovely coastal spots. Beaumaris is a pretty little town. Hoping the rest of your stay is dryer sunnier and your pleased with the new tent.

Love to you all

Delly xxx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

New tent ordered on the interweb. Similar to our old one that served us well for 11 years - probably about 30 weeks of camping in all weathers. The same model is no longer made, but hopefully this one is near enough. It is due to arrive tomorrow, and apparently I'll be emailed a one hour time slot for delivery to the campsite. This is good news. I was worried I'd have to loiter near the camp office all day (it's a working dairy farm, so the owner isn't always on site)
We are still squatting in the empty cottage, for which I am extremely grateful, but I'll be glad to get out into the field again, where I won't have to worry about brand new carpets and that feeling that we shouldn't be here.
It was very embarrassing yesterday because the new tenants, who move in in 2 weeks, came to sign contracts and have a look around, and the place is festooned with all our camping sh**!
Colder and cloudy today but at least it's only breezy..... until we put the new tent up tomorrow! ! ?
We had a lovely walk along part of the coast path today. Beautiful scenery even under grey skies.A few spots of rain just as we got back to the car.

My phone number is still the same, KTC. I hope you enjoy your jaunt and that the lido goes ok - remember to drink lots of water, so you don't feel **** like last time.x
Community Champion

GS having a nap, he's been really funny this morning, have been gaffawing with laughterSmiley Happy!!

No hair trim today, hairdresser on holiday so have booked for next week.

Forgot to say arrive back on Thurs after our adventure and guess what?? Lido next day, oh dreary me so will have to be superly efficient on FriSmiley Frustrated!

Hope you are doing ok JCJ xx

Community Champion

Oh dreary me JCJ, how awfulSmiley Sad. Sooooooooo glad campsite man was able to help you, such kindness. Fingers crossed you are warm and happy somewhere else now..........

FF, great you managed to "get everything" this time, I have to use post its all the time, haha!!

Also fab that you have a bra that fits, woo hoo!

We still have galeforce winds but it's sunny, we are not basking in sunshine like some????

Quick nip to supermarket for heavy things, tomorrow into town to hopefully have hair trimmed and tidied up, also have GS for a short while.

ED has booked a short break for OH's birthday, she finally found a hotel that she loves after weeks of searching woo hoo.

YD fell asleep at her friends house in another city, she had to catch the 6 am train to start work at 8.30 am, what a nut heehee.

14 days to go (cause I'm there on Mon). Are your phone numbers still the same, text me when arriving so I can meet you, will carry your bags on my chariot xx

Community Champion

I hesitate to mention this (no I don't, I revel in it, hehehe,) the weather is absolutely lovely down here. Blue skies , a small breeze which just stops it from being too hot. Perfect. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

In reality, I'm horrified to hear your tale of woe JCJ,  Hope things calm down and tomorrow you can make plan B and salvage your holiday.  Staying in is a good idea Katy, I've seen on tv what it's like in Scotland. Any suggestions regarding GS will be gratefully received but the biggest stumbling blocks we have are his parents, who just aren't pushy enough and the school which refuses to recognise a problem.

Went back to the big City today found a parking space and got the items that I couldn't get/forgot yesterday, It was bra shopping, as you know it's not easy.  As I was moaning to daughter on our way home yesterday, she said why didn't I go to the specialist shop instead of the usual shops?  So today I did and got measured and discovered that why nothing seemed to fit was because I was trying all the wrong sizes.  For some reason (I'm an idiot!) it didn't occur to me that my weight loss would affect my bra size.  Once trying on the right size it was easy to get one to fit!  I'm a happy bunny now.

16 days to Norecambe, I can't wait.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Still blowing a gale. Had to take tent down because it destroyed itself. Back pole over "bedrooms" broke. Probably replaceable but no point as nylon has had it.
We were planning on finding somewhere to stay tonight, then either buying another tent or finding self catering accommodation for the rest of the fortnight.
Campsite owner was fabulous: not only helped us get the tent down, but gave me my money back for the 4 nights already paid but not used. Then, just as I was online on my phone, booking Travelodge in Bangor for tonight, he offered to let us camp out in empty rental cottage next to the site. There's no hot water or beds but we have our air beds and bedding anyway and we can still use the campsite wash room and showers and at least there's a solid roof and the walls aren't flapping at me!
Tomorrow is meant to be better, so we'll consider our options.
At the moment, I'm sitting at the open door, overlooking the camp field, pretending I'm
still camping properly. Smiley Happy
Community Champion

Aaaaah JCJ, how awful, one thing you can never rely on is the weather................at least you know where you are??? hahaha!

Fingers crossed things calm down and you can enjoy your hol, wind, rain free, how disappointing.

FF, glad GD's assessment went well, I find it absolutely disgusting that children have to wait and wait and wait for assessments etc, too many years pass then it's too late to do anything, am sure it's planned that way, budgets, cost cutting etc.

Will speak to you in Norcambe about a way that your GS can/may receive the help he needs asap. Honestly, makes my blood boil....................

We too have galeforce winds, am staying in today so it doesn't matter, can hardly believe Norcambe is getting so near................will be sooooooooo lovely to see you xx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Still blowing a hooli. Tent ripped so lucky it's not raining. ...yet. Seriously had enough now. Smiley Sad
Last post should have said "flapping tent" I wasn't trying to cook in a flapping yet ....or yeti!
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

It. Is. Not. Camping. Weather. Smiley Sad

It has been very windy all day and we've been worried the tent will either take off or tear itself to pieces. Nice potter around Beaumaris, despite the wind, and a carvery pub meal (because after cooking a breakfast fry up for lunch in the flapping yet, I refused to cook again tonight - and we had fish and chips last night!)
Back to tent to the wind just as bad but raining too. Everything that touches the side of the tent gets wet - so that's most of our stuff because the tent walls are blowing inwards.
Really wish OH had wanted a cottage holiday - we could be sitting in a cosy warm DRY room watching the Olympics on tele!

Fingers crossed the wind stops soon.
Community Champion

I am on the FF with myself bench tonight.  I hitched a lift into city with daughter as I hate the drive in, trying to find somewhere to park etc..  Got home and realised that I have totally forgotten to get something vital. Went for four things, got two, couldn't find the third to fit and totally forgot about the fourth.  AAARGH!!  I know I need to write lists, why didn't I write a list?  I'm an idiot and now I have to drive in myself, find a parking space etc.. I'll probably go tomorrow, might be quieter on a Sunday?  I hope.

On the bright side I bought two new books to read, some "silly" presents for the females in my family at a bargain/discounted price, so that is something off the list for that time of year in December we're not allowed to mention yet.

Assessment was much as we expected, she's behind her peers but she is progressing.  We've been given advice to follow , mostly to make our language more simple. She's eligible for a group that hopes to help with communication/language so she will be attending that in September. She's also being referred to speech therapy.  She'll get there, it will just a bit longer.

But........and this is a big but.......daughter was given a form to fill in about her behaviour and if this form had been available 9 years ago, my 11 year old GD would have been diagnosed and helped a long time ago. And my 10 year old GS.  We're still fighting for them. 

Community Champion

Hope assessment went well FF.

Was also babysittingSmiley Happy!

On the "housework" bench today, am doing the things that I say "oh will do that later" well, later is today.

Only another muggatea then off I go..................xx

PS Scoffed the birthday cake, yum yum x

Community Champion

Noooo, don't think I've read that one Katy. Glad you are enjoying the other one more.  Keep reading if you can, it puts you into another place away from any worries you might have. 

I've eaten too much birthday cake, it was really good but not as good as the bored, rainy Monday, best I've ever had cake. Birthday girl thoroughly enjoyed it and we have the photos of her chocolate covered face to prove it.

I am 11 year old GD sitting tomorrow (she won't allow me to call it babysitting, don't blame her!) because 2 year old GD has a communication and language assessment.  She's behind her peers, we know this but she is progressing so she will get there with time and she's got sign language skills that her peers don't have. So exactly who is behind who?  She's got a killer look when she is told no, she certainly knows what that means!

Ejoy your holiday JCJ.

Community Champion

Have a fabulous hol, JCJ, see you when you get back hahaha!!!

The book is "Fool me Once" FF, put it down and picked up The Missing Husband am enjoying that more.

People are dropping like flies here, terrible bug thing going around, sore ears, throats, headaches, fever, honestly stay away from me......................

Quiet day, busier tomorrow, was going to have my hair chopped but decided can't face it, next week will be soon here xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Mountains of camping crap sorted and either put away or repacked into OH's car (bigger than mine so we take more/slightly different stuff!)

Hoovering (or rather Henrying) done now that I can see the carpets again (aforementioned mountains moved). Washing basket emptied into quick wash and hanging up to dry so we've a) got something to wear when we get home and b) got that bit less to wash when we come home with tons of the stuff.

I'm turning a blind eye to the dust on the furniture, for the moment, but I suspect the fact that our wonderful neighbour will be having the key so she can bring the post in, will shame me into running around with the furniture polish in the morning!

Aqua globes deployed in the patio tubs, in the hope of keeping the flowers alive without too much work for neighbour. I've never used them before; bought them as a last minute idea, from that big online river. They come highly recommended, so we'll see.

Due to set off for Anglesey in the morning - (back up the A5, which I drove down on Sunday!!) - so watch out for typhoons, monsoons, hurricanes and blizzards on the West coast?! Smiley Happy

I'll try to keep posting, but it depends on phone signal/WiFi availability. x

Community Champion

Katy - what is the title of the book?  I'll remember if I've read it.  Glad you're feeling better today.  

Been to school, tidied up after the contractors and teachers who have been in.  The teachers bring their young children who make a mess and cause me to do jobs twice/three/ four times!  Mopped up a small flood from the water dispenser which I told them was leaking about four weeks ago!  I found the stopcock for it so I've sorted that.  Did the mandatory water checks that need to be done every week and then had 30 minutes left to do some cleaning.  Eight chairs and three tables have been cleaned today.  I just wish they'd all stay away and let me get on with my job!!!!  

And breathe.........tomorrow is a birthday cake day, youngest GD is two (where's that gone?).  Her 11 year old sister is making the cake.  She made a cake on Monday because it was raining and she was bored and I had a slice today and I do really think it's the best sponge cake I've ever had.  Totally delicious.  A bit strange in the decoration but I do like Flying Saucers so that was ok.

I was at her house today as she was making it and she allowed me to lick a little of the mixture in the bowl. Brought back memories.  l think we ought to give her a try at pastries and enter her for Junior Bakeoff.

Community Champion

Oh dreary me..................felt soooooooo bad on Mon, but Tues came and was so much better, woohoo, a little dodgy this morning but ok!!! Def not labyrithitis cause it takes a long time to feel normal am thinking ANOTHER bug???

Thank you for advice about monitors, had a good look around, Ls doesn't have the £10 one any longer, been discontinued so checked with Mr Futon and have purchased a "Shoes" one. have always had high blood pressure and have taken 2 tabs everyday to keep it under control for years. When I was speaking to a nurse at the "lido" clinic she said that if you are in pain your blood pressure rises, never ever thought that?

The only time I did have good readings was when I was being monitored re BC my blood pressure was perfect, ironic or what?? haha!

grumpy have no idea about the kindle but if it works you can have a virtual Afternoon Tea with us!!

JCJ, will Norcambe be the last of the summer hols or is there another planned?

Have a lovely, sunny time.

FF, started book last night and it's not enthralling me, will keep at it though, purchased another 2 (charity shop). That's what I began doing had 3 or 4 books all on the go and then just left them................xx

Community Champion

Sounds wonderful JCJ, relaxing and peaceful time out is what we all need in our in busy lives.  Hope you catch the few days in Anglesey when it doesn't rain.

Haven't been to school today, they were laying the new lino in the corridor and the stuff that they use to stick it down gives off the most awful pungent fumes, so I stayed away.  Will make up the time later.  I have got the annex thoroughly cleaned so that is sorted, just the main building to do now. Three classrooms, two offices, no problem...Will go in tomorrow.

Hope your are ok Katy and feeling better today.

Speaking of good books, I am Rosamunde Pilchner fan. Guess what I've found - the home of Winter Solstice!!!! Trotting around Dornoch today, I couldn't quite weigh up why it felt 'familiar' cos I've never been here before, then the penny dropped. A bit of googling produced 'winter solstice tours from Inverness' so I've got it right. Sitting in the van next to the dunes and the golf course......

And it's just started to rain again, it's a good job I'm big and strong and tough.

Ever so sorry I won't be with you for MMU4, I wonder if I can Skype from a kindle?? 

Grumpy