62908members
330731posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Oh my, JCJ, what fun you haveSmiley Happy!

Who would have thought, on a hazy, lazy, summers' evening to play badminton in the pond??

Jolly, good capers, I say xx

Community Champion

Lasagne?  Yes, please.  Badminton?  I'll be the referee.........*shouts*  "mind the pond!"  Oops..... too late, a very wet JCJ emerges covered in green algae.  Sorry but that's the thought you have put into my mind.

Lovely day here, hot and sunny, washing done, dried and folded no ironing needed apart from those blasted t-shirts that I mentioned at Norcambe.

Know what you were looking for JCJ, just the best put down ever!  Sorry that you couldn't find it.

Katy  OMG, that sounds terrible, you must have been so worried when it wasn't going to plan but just a slight headache at the end is worth it. 

Daughter, SIL and GD's back from their holiday today. Called in to see me and ate me out of house and home.  Nothing changes, both son and daughter see me as a supply of food.  Mum's cafe? They are welcome to anything, all I ask is that if they use up the last of whatever they eat they let me know so I can replace it.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Regretting doing the indoor jobs yesterday, on a lovely sunny day. Grey, wet and miserable today. I was bored so I made a big lasagne from scratch - it's currently in the oven: ready in 4 minutes from now! Smiley Happy - a salad and some garlic bread (well, I only released the latter from its packaging and the freezer and shoved it in t'oven!)

There *should* be plenty of lasagne so I can freeze several portions (or at least one anyway?!) as I love homemade lasagne but can never be a**ed to cook it!

OH has made a badminton net using the some of the poles from the old tent, so I expect I shall have to prance about in the garden later, if the rain stops, pretending to play badminton with him (and trying to avoid falling into the pond as there really isn't enough room on the "lawn" (patch of weedy grass) for such pursuits!!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just spent the last FOUR HOURS scanning through Benchland to find a comment that FF mentioned at MMU4. Didn't find it - it's so hard to look back through the 'new' forum: can't select a page in the middle - have to search through sequentially. But it bought back so many memories: sad, scary and hilarious. What a wonderful, mad place we have created!! Smiley Very Happy

Going to have to give up, or I'll still be here, searching, this time next week!

Community Champion

Well it was worse than hideous................Smiley Frustrated, arrived at 9am, couldn't fit canula eventually after 4 attempts it was in, then machine kept buzzing and saying there was an air bubble, machine changed, buzzing and message again, line clear, canula rechecked, nurse needed a second pair of eyes, all checked, all ok, buzzing again.............system flushed twice, last resort don't know what it was called, checked and finally fixed, started working properly.........now nearly 11am..........returned home at 6pm............

Bonus, drank lots and lots, no sickness and just a slight headache, just a very long day, is it worth it? Yes it is.....

Wow am superly impressed JCJSmiley Happy!!

Sorry FF, mine is def a "CBA" bench, hahaha!!

As long as numerals were not 666, hee hee xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Well, I did eventually get off the Playing Silly Games On My Tablet bench, I showered and washed my hair; got dressed; stripped and remade the single bed; put 2 loads of washing on and out to dry; turned the over-ripe bananas into banana biscuits; made blackcurrant jam from the stash in the freezer, and while it was cooking, cleaned the kitchen cupboards - (some of them more thoroughly than others - I confess some had just the quick-lift-and-wipe-under technique). 

Then I sorted my MMU photos on my computer (see your PM, KTC) before walking down to the chippie for my tea.

Now I'm on the Smug But Knacker*d bench. So perhaps it was the motivation bench you gave me, FF? Smiley Happy

Hope you're OK, Katy, and that today's not been too hideous.

Community Champion

Shreddies for breakfast today.......that's just not as good as Rita's.  But probably better for me..... hold that thought.

Hope today went according to plan Katy and that the Lido does what it is meant to do.  ( I sense I'm echoing JCJ here).

Come on JCJ, I gave you a motivational bench, wear it and get going..........or did I give you the CBA bench in which case........ooops!

Set the mileage thingy on the car when I set off on Tues. and last night when I arrived home it said 555.5 miles.Couldn't believe it, all the fives and that's half my total mileage for the year in three days Smiley LOL

Lovely weather here, not done much, just had a lazy day.  Must go to school tomorrow to do the water checks.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope it goes to plan today, KTC, and that the Lido does its stuff! (Tablet wanted me to type Ludo - got your counters ready?! Smiley Happy ) Remember to drink lots of water.

Glorious sunny day here after a very wet evening/night. Going to struggle to motivate myself to do anything off the (extensive) "holiday jobs" list!

Community Champion

Just waiting for transport......
No rosie/rita's this morning, will be dry toast and a cuppa tea no comparison haha!
Not expecting to be home until around 4, mmmmm I am back in the real world xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Am home too, thank goodness!!

A rowdy passenger was removed from the train which then led to the train arriving late soooooooooo missed the next connection, oh dreary me...........

YD said why did you not get off at the station prior to, if I had done that I would/could have caught the original train, oh well hahaha!!

Had a superly, duperly fun time and my, what was that weather like???

Am freezing cold now with very red sunburn??

JCJ you forgot to mention the twelve friends you made on the train, hahahaha. Must have been the skinny jeans?

FF, sooooooooo glad you are also home, did you miss all the rain? FF bought Xmas presents in Norcambe, lalalalalala hahaha!! 

Off to bed shortly, must have been all the excitement, tired now and lido tomorrow, boohoo xx

Community Champion

Laughing at the thought of your new jeans JCJ,  They looked great this am. But I'm imagining them ever lower after each train change!   Good on your OH for meeting you. Great delivery on the hoodie, I'm sure she'll love it.

Six hours to get there, seven hours to get home.  Roadworks = 50 mph speed limit, twice on M6, twice on M5,torrential rain around Birmingham, and the resultant spray off the road meant very limited visibilty, so I just got in the inside lane between two medium sized lorries that gave me some shelter and then there was congestion so that slowed the speed to about 10 mph. Stopped at Worcester for a sarnie and a muggatea. The weather cleared then and it was just showers until I was off the motorway and dry for the last 25 miles home.

On the knackered bench now but it was so worth it, every mile of it , so lovely to see you both again and to realise that our friendship is not just online but in real life too.   

Thank you both for your gifts, they will be used and treasured.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Safely home. Relieved to be met, by OH, at Station as I thought I'd have to wait ages for a bus and have to faff for change to pay the fare. I did have to walk nearly to bus stop before I saw his car pass me! He didn't see me frantically waving at him, so I had to trek back to station! Grrrr!

New jeans are a disaster. Because they are skinny leg ones, and quite low cut, every time I bend my knee it pulls them down! Not good when, holding a bag in each hand and negotiating getting on and off trains - 4 of them!! Smiley Embarassed

Amazed to get home to find the hoodie I ordered, yesterday morning, for YD, has already arrived. Glad I didn't pay extra for speedy delivery!! Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

2016-08-24 23.07.57.jpg

Afternoon tea at The Madlands as lovely as ever!

Weather been superb all day, but it did get a bit chilly when the sun went down

Forced into the pub. Gutted?! :-)

So pleased the weather is good for you, benchies.  Enjoy every moment.

JCJ, saw Mamma Mia at the Hippodrome in Brum too.  Absolutely brilliant show, they should prescribe it on the NHS Smiley Wink

Have a lovely time ladies, sorry I can't be with you,  still in Scotland with friends etc etc.

I will be thinking of you at Afternoon Tea ......

Hope the weather holds up, it's a bit nippy up here.

Love to all

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

All arrived safely. Brilliant Benchland themed gifts exchanged. Norecambe stocks of tea now seriously depleted. Walk along prom in glorious sunshine. Sea flat calm.
Not a camel in sight - though we did find 3 plastic ones tangled together in a toy shop. Symbolic??
Delicious fish & chips devoured. Can't believe the weather has been so kind to us for 4th year in a row!! Smiley Happy
Community Champion

Geez eventually arrived.........
So had a stroll around and have been told every year for a couple of days chaos occurs, camels, tiaras, dancing in the street etc.
Have no clue what that`s all about???
See you very soon x x
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

🎶Waterloo! Tunelessly singing my Waterloo!🎶

Show was brilliant. I now understand the term "dancing in the aisles" as that is what most of the audience was doing at the end. Smiley Happy 

Before it started, a man's voice announced: "for those of you with a nervous disposition, I have to warn you that this show contains platform boots and white Lycra" hahaha! Sounds like Benchland? Smiley Happy

No word from Katy, hope she got there safe!

Have a fabulous time Benchies!! The camels are still in Rio partying so I think you'll be safe Smiley Happy xx

Community Champion

I think I'm ready to go.  Just the sarnies to make for the journey now and then put the last minute things in the case tomorrow and then.............I shall be on my way.  Hoping to leave no later than 7am, earlier if possible.

See you tomorrow..........sooooo excited!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Safe journey, KTC. See you TOMORROW!! Smiley Very Happy

I'm sitting on my bed surrounded by piles of clothes and one small 'train friendly' bag, totally unable to make any decisions about what to pack! What is the matter with me?

I suppose the problem is that I have slobbed around in shorts and vests/T shirts for the last 3 weeks, but I can't rely on the weather being as 'clement'. To wear trainers or to pack them? (Sandals preferable footwear but useless if it rains; trainers heavier to carry/bulkier to pack, but look stupid with cropped trousers) Skirt or trousers for Afternoon Tea? All these imponderables! Why is life so complex? (Middle class problems??! : smileytongueSmiley Happy

I saw something on Twitter (other social media sites are prolifically available!) that made me laugh out loud and think of you all: "Humans caught the common cold from camels"!!! (Thanks for that gem, @qikipedia) No wonder Hump & Dink always look so smug?!

Going to see Mama Mia (Mammamia? Mamamia?) At the theatre tonight. OH wanted to go to cinema/theatre, and I thought I'd better indulge him as I'm leaving him to his own devices for 3 days (feel a bit guilty!) this seemed the best option as I don't much like the cinema. Warning: I may well arrive in Norecambe 'singing' (out of tune, of course) various, dated ABBA hits!

Right. Some of this sh** is going in this bag! 

Community Champion

All packed, housework done, woo hoo!!!

Train just after 2, was checking times etc and will arrive around 8pm, what????

Oh dreary me, will have plenty time to read my book haha, hope the chippie is still open!

Will text you when am thereSmiley Happy

See you very soonSmiley Happy xx

FLIP - TAT4. Have just been catching up on your recent diagnoses. Will find another posts to communicate to you than this one xxx

Community Champion

I have no idea Katy, any time between 12 and 2 is my best guess.  Depends on what time I set off (early but got to avoid Birmingham at rush hour).  Then there's traffic?  Roadworks?  How many times I stop for a muggatea?  I will try to make it in time to meet JCJ but there's no guarantee.

Can't wait now, slowly getting sorted out.  Another list to write Smiley Happy

Whoo hoo hoo ktc

'I' am getting excited, just reading. Put me out of my mis and please explain what MMU4 means will yers.

JCJ - I didn't see the gymnastics but, I'm sure you could/WILL do better with mentioned ribbons on the prom. I can even SEE you all - a BRILL spectacle!!!! You should have it filmed to enter BGT this/next year. So did you finally get your new tent delivered to Anglesey?? I have to say, I was sooo impressed that you organised a replacement to be delivered whilst away, rather than giving up and going home. That's if it DID arrive. And if it DID - I'm even MORE impressed.

Yawl have a good time now (That's Dolly Parton speak).

Good to see you again Tat4 - hope you're doing well.

Love to all of yers

Dellywoohoo xxxx

Community Champion

Oh The Benchland girls are coming on over the hills...............lalalalala...........

Am almost packed, trampoline, tiara, flashing light shoes, lots of lurex and spandex outfits, glitter and ofcourse the handbag. Whew!!!

delly and tat am reaching Norcombe tomorrow, girls are coming on Tues, woohoo!!

We will keep you updated.

FF, what time do you think you will arrive??

JCJ, will meet you at the stationSmiley Happy!!

See you all soon, soooooooooooooo excited xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

T4T, no need to transport benches to Norecambe: the place is FULL of them!! Smiley Very Happy

On the smug bench. Just done 2 weeks worth of ironing. Put some away and left some piled on the bed awaiting decisions about what I'll pack/wear for Norecambe.

Train tickets purchased and collected yesterday. It's getting close! Smiley Happy

I watched the group rhythmic gymnastics last night (final today at 3pm) OMG! 5 girls all prancing about in unison (no, not the trade union!) wielding 6m long ribbons and chucking them - and each other - about. We HAVE to try that on Norecambe prom!! Get in practice for THE wedding next year!?

Dear all, hope the process of transporting all the benches, allligators, glitterberry juice and camels to Norcambe goes smoothly and you all have the most fabulous time at MMU4 Smiley Happy xx

So Girlies,

Sounds like your get-together is very imminent - tomorrow?? Let me know will yers please. What you're up to when you're at Norcombe. Don't hold anything back - those of us who aren't with you want to know ALL the details. Capische xxx 

Community Champion

I've been so firmly affixed to the Olympics bench that Norecambe has crept up on me and I've just realised that I've got two days to get organised.  I need to do washing, sort out what I will be wearing, clean the car interior, wash the car exterior, fill it with petrol, make a list for packing, I love a list.....can't do anything without a list.  And then it helps to take everything home again!  Have started the list tonight and will finish it tomorrow.Smiley Happy

Went to school today, did the water checks and all is ok.  So still on holidays until next Friday when I need to pop in to do the water checks again.  Waved to daughter as we passed in our cars in town. Thought she might call in for a muggatea but she must have been busy.

Community Champion

Much later......................xx

Community Champion

oh my JCJ, on beam with hoop and ball, trampolining at the same time!!! Am sooooooooooo impressed, will def bring trampoline down to station to meet you, no second thoughts will just jump and jump then fly through the air in direction of train:smileyhappy!

No Revcat this year will tell you what's what when I see you.

Have GD for sleepover, we have to go into town, up to Mums and into supermarket, she will be happy, NOT!!

And forecast is torrential rain, woo hoo!!

We can do it................later..............xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Nearly right. Train due in ,13:56 - if I manage to get to the station in time to catch it!

Blowing a gale again and chucking it down this morning. Glad I'm under a solid roof!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Watching the Olympic rhythmic gymnastics. It's giving me ideas. Will bring a hoop and a ball to Norecambe. We can combine rhythmic gymnastics with trampolining. How hard can it be? Smiley Tongue

I shall be arriving 1:57pm (I think - details upstairs CBA to go and look. Will confirm later)

Any news about Rev cat, Katy? Will she be joining us?
Community Champion

Ooops Rita's who is Rosie?? hahaha x
Community Champion

Oooh hopefully, fingers crossed for some sunshineSmiley Happy!!

4 years?? Can you believe it, soooooooooo excited!!

FF, all these suggestions surely one will work haha!

Been out for tea tonight, really lovely so back on the "reinforced FB" bench for me............even had a dessert, oooooh..............

Also thanks to the torrential rain and wind, I came home with curly hair, have never had curls before ever?? so a surprisingly unusual look pour moi.

Tea out again tomorrow then breakfast at Rosie's and Afternoon Tea and prob chip shop next week, oh dear I shall be sitting permanently on the double, double reinforced,superly strong steel  FB bench xx

Community Champion

Delly - I feel your solution to my duvet problem is the best one.  Unfortunately it's a bit counter productive so I'll keep fighting.  I'll try the others suggestions again and see if I have any more luck Smiley Frustrated  Yes, we are having a get together, the fourth time and I can't wait and it will be fun. 

Thanks for the photos JCJ - when we're at Norecambe you can explain to me how to download and print them. I am not computer savvy!  Many courses are available in my local library for the computer illiterate (me) but they are all in the afternoon when I'm at work Smiley Sad

Looked on the met office for the weather forecast for Norecambe, looks like you might get wet on Monday Katy but Tues. 19 degrees and cloudy, Weds. 22 degrees and sunny intervals and Thurs. 22 degrees and sunshine and showers.  Looks like we might be lucky again.  Fingers crossed!

Alternatively FF - once you've received your new shredder - Place both two top corners of your duvet into it and press the button - solved.

But seriously, Yeh, it's all about just feeding the two bottom duvet corners into the two bottom corners of the duvet cover, holding them in place from the outside, and then just pulling the rest of it UP and then putting the two upper corners in.Button or zip it up, hold the two upper corners and then give it a good shake, so the down evens out - SIMPLES !!

Are you lovely ladies having a getogether/rendezvous soon, with your refs to Norcombe? If so, I hope it's fun

Delly xxx

Buy some VERY large clothes pegs to anchor the two top corners, then wiggle to the cover down..... or jam the top corners in the wardrobe door and pull down. 

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OK, FF. Plan B: Start duvet administration as afore mentioned. Lie partly clad duvet on bed. Continue turning duvet right way in - like skinning a snake! - then put the other duvet corners into the corners of the cover. Grab these two corners and shake again. 

Alternatively, I believe you can buy clips to hold the corners in place. I'm sure I've seen them in that catalogue that comes through the door (opposite of worse ware!)

Or these:

http://www.dunelm.com/product/quilt-clips-1000017856

I will look out some photos for you. Ooh! check your DM. I'll send you the link (and password) to my MMUI photos on photobucket. 

Community Champion

I have tried that method of duvet covering and found it extremely unsucessful on a double duvet, though it works a treat on a single one. Back in the day I used to clean a holiday home with a colleague and she always laughed at my double duvet efforts and had to help me!  

I agree, layers are the way to go, I'm packing for anything from a heatwave to a monsoon or even snow but then I don't have to carry it onto a train Smiley Happy

Girls - as the old computer was not working properly when data was switched to the new computer, some things did not transfer.  This included all my photographs of MMU1,2 and 3.  If either of you could let me have copies of your photographs I would be extremely grateful.  Especially of MMU1.

My shredder has died, I've obviously asked too much of it and it's given up the ghost.  I'll give it a decent burial (at the local tip) and buy a more expensive one to replace it.  It was reasonably cheap so I've had my money's worth out of it.  

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Layers, KTC, that's the way to go. You can do the dance of the forty fleeces! 😀

FF, I was going to give you the same advice re duvet administration. You may have to lay it down and ease the bottom (top) corners in after the shake if it hasn't gone all the way down. Even works on a King size.

Home now. Back in the land of WiFi so don't have to worry about phone data. Right time to raid freezer for something edible quickly.

Community Champion

Turn cover inside out, put your hands in the corners, grab duvet by the corners and shake, job done hee hee!!!

Was told to do that by a hotel workerSmiley Happy!

Another hot day here am in a dilemma what to pack??? Clothes for hot weather or cold or both???

How do I get it all into a small bag??

Better have a muggatea and ponder xx

Community Champion

Why, oh why do I have so much trouble putting a cover on the duvet?  It's not lack of practise, I change the bedding regularly but I always have a fight with the duvet cover. I'm exhausted but it's done.  Any tips anyone?  

Another lazy day today watching the Olympics, eating pizza and doughnuts, it's allowed, I'm still trying to put on weight.

Community Champion

hahahaha FF, you're funnySmiley Happy!!

What a bad boy grumpy, no wonder he still has his ASBO!

Dentist done, teeth fine, hairdresser done too, woo hoo and have ironed another 2 things.............am def on a roll..............

Was going to do a little packing as this is the only "free" day but have decided a muggatea and caramel slice are the order of the daySmiley Happy!

Yesterday was sooooooooo hot here, fingers crossed for Norcambe, if it is good weather perhaps I can trampoline  directly into the water ??xx

Community Champion

Sorry Grumpy but as I'll actually be at MMU4, I'm having the chocolate eclair.  We will miss you , hope to see you next year!

Been shredding documents again today, when SIL was putting "stuff" into my loft when they moved, he also brought down paperwork that needed shredding and today I've got round to it. Also been trying to sort out my books, second bedroom has no bed in it, just bookcases. It's my library but the new books wouldn't fit so I've had to be ruthless and get rid of some books that I know I won't read again.  I will take them to the charity shop.  I now have more space, so I'll buy more books to fill it.

Joey has rather disgraced himself in true ASBO Boy style ....... we went to see the outdoor pipe band concert, and he insisted on singing along! Oh the shame of it!!!! Meg pretended she wasn't with us.

Tomorrow is last camping day, then off to see friends in Fife and Edinburgh before home next week.

Sorry not to get to Norcambe this time to see you all, but next summer I shall be 'staying home' in August cos I can't cope with campsites in the school holidays.

Scotland has been pretty much midge free this trip, something to do with the rain perhaps? Silver linings DO exist after all.

I bags the fresh cream chocolate eclair please.

Grumpy

Community Champion

Woo hoo for JCJ's weather and FF's carSmiley Happy!!

Glad you had a lovely partytime too!!

Busy week ahead, why does everything always happen at once??

Hair chopped tomorrow, must be presentable for Norcambe, hahaha!!

Trampoline packed, was thinking hint from JCJ, that you can do "floor" FF and JCJ can do "beam" that'll liven up Norcambe's beach front.............

Oh my gosh it'll soon be happening xx

Community Champion

So glad that the weather has improved for you JCJ and you can now enjoy your holiday.  I'm now officially on holiday for two weeks, apart from a quick trip there each week  to do the water checks.  

Car has been serviced today, they didn't find anything wrong, so an oil change and new filter, a new air filter, brakes checked etc. and I'm all set for a nearly 600 mile round trip.  While that was being done I've been watching Andy win the gold medal.  What a match, great tennis and the right result!

As I cleaned the house to within an inch of its life for friends arrival, I've been able to be lazy today and sit on the tv bench without feeling guilty Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Come on, FF, don't be so modest. We know you can do back flips. We've seen your ferret dance!! Smiley Happy

Weather has calmed down considerably, since Saturday, and we have been reminded why we love camping and put up with the c***. Today is actually blue sky sunny. The sun cooked us out of the tent before half past eight. Sitting in the shade eating breakfast before summoning up the motivation to go for a shower. Or not.

Going home Friday, to give me time to put all the camping stuff away, pack for Norecambe and book train tickets. I usually hate going home from holiday, but this time I've got something to look forward to! Smiley Very Happy