69138members
363092posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Guilt went straight into the lake!  Thank you for that take on it JCJ, you are SO right and it makes me feel SO much better.   It IS a good thing, that is the way to see it Smiley Happy.  

Now who covered the CBA bench with superglue?  I had things to do today and I only sat down for five minutes, but I've been stuck there all day!  I still have enough time and actually I work best as a deadline approaches Smiley Tongue

Hope you've managed to do your things today without your feet protesting too much Katy.

I'm still here, computer still bonkers, doing strange things, I cant even turn it off.........but if I could, would it turn on again?  

Highlighted

Throw that guilt in the lake NOW, FF! Your history will ensure daughter is never fobbed off and has the best chance of being successfully treated should any of her lumps turn out not to be benign in the future! Without you, they might not bother investigating because she has"lumpy breasts"  Weeehoooo! that it's good news this time. Hope it always continue so! 🙂

Hope your technology behaves itself - but at least if you disappear we won't worry now you've warned us! Hohoho! (Think I've eaten too many mince pies :D)

Highlighted

I'm not dancing until Xmas Eve and the silent choir performance.  Wrapping presents tonight and trying to get them all into bags to deliver to the right families before the day.  As we all do silly pressies on Boxing Day that's four lots of sorting to do. I have a system and it's working so far........I think.......

Spent the day with daughter at breast clinic having her lump investigated.  She had examination by Doctor, mammogram and ultrasound and all is ok, thank goodness. She's been there before, she just has lumpy breasts but they told her she was right to have it checked out "because of her history".  How guilty do I feel? I'm her history!.

We went into City after her appt. had lunch and she finally found a pair of boots that she liked and that fitted  so that was another good result.

Computer is playing up, hope I don't disappear.  Tried to plug in earphones and it all went pearshaped. Everything froze!   Two days later, no longer frozen but it's not back to normal but my usual "fixer" is on holiday, but I'm still here and hope I will continue to be,

Just in case Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Highlighted

2 1/2 dozen mince pies made - really strange making them without my assistant- living room cleaned, neighbours fed (mince pie) watered (tea) and dispatched. OH cooking Kiev (supermarket) and chips (homemade) while I tend the open fire and do endless Christmas jigsaws on my tablet. 🙂 

Love the holidays! 

Here is another regurgitated carol, still relevant however many years on?:

Awake in a hot sweat, throw covers off the bed,
The demons of cancer abound in my head.
The wind in my stomach causes pain when I lay,
Then lazy JCJ asleep half the day.

The camels are glowing, the donkey’s on skates,
But little dog Joey for The Duchess he waits

I love all my new friends, who understand my plight
Someone to laugh with in the middle of the night

Believe me, oh BCC, I thank you today

For keeping me sane, and I’d just like to say:
Bless all BC patients feeling tender and scared,
And take us to Benchland, to live guilt-free there.

Highlighted

HahahahaSmiley Happy, JCJ!!

Having a quiet day today cause Thurs, Fri and Sat are horrible, babysitting, picking GD from school which is 100 miles away........or feels like it, collecting X food, getting to chemist, making phonecalls, last minute run to Post Office, buying my lettuce, trying to get Mum's present to her, GD will have to push it, and all the usual cleaning, hoovering, blah, blah, blah, oh and IRONING!! My Mum and Dad used to have us all for 2 weeks, how did they manage???? haha!! 

All fine if you can walk, hysterical laughter, off to sit on the "my head's spinning" bench nothing to do with FF's dancing exploits xx

Highlighted

Time for another carol - another repeat, I'm afraid - while I try and motivate myself to get off the CBA bench  and get some jobs done. Neighbour coming round for tea & mince pies tomorrow so really must tdy up and move some dust around! (You never really get rid of it do you?!)

On the first day of treatment my BC gave to me

The Breast Cancer Care Forum

On the 2nd 2 nasty scars

3rd 3 blue tittoos

4 weeks of rads

5 years on meds (actually, 10 now, but 5 works better!)

6 fleeces flayling

7 hairless months (for Ali) or 7 hairy faces (for those of us ‘lucky’ enough to escape Chemo)

8 meeting in Morecambe

9 ladies dancing (around their handbags?)

10 cramped leg leapings

11 nights asweating

12-monthly mammos

Highlighted

Secret plans??? You can't leave it like that FF, you must share secretsSmiley Happy!!

Thank you for the cake, yum yum.

JCJ, following Santa and the reindeer, did you sing silent carols??

Thank you delly, have a lovely Xmas tooSmiley Happy.

Hope you feel better soon ali, such a bad time for colds etc, too busy.

On the oh so tired bench, near oh my gosh my feet are killing me bench, off to bed very soon xx

Highlighted

Cake in the shed, made by 11 year old grandaughter, a three tier sponge with a middle of cascading M&M,s, iced and arranged by 11 year old grandaughter .  Just can't mention enough that it was made by 11 year old grandaughter. She really should be on junior bake off. 

A really good family get together. Much laughter ,a great birthday celebration for eldest GD but  conversations made quietly for next weekend, everyone speaking on the quiet to everyone else.  Lots of secret plans made.   

Highlighted

Thank you for the spoons Tat, I have grabbed one because -ashooo- I have a -aaaatishooooooo- rotter of a cold -ATISHOOOOOOOOOOOOO- and I feel tired and grumpy and -aaaashoooooo- fed up. I've also discovered that a cough / sneeze combo is NOT good for the -aaaaaaaaaaatishooooooooooo- bladder, possibly yet another accelerated menopause symptom -aaaaaforcryingoutloudhowmanymoresneezesashoo- so as soon as I can be bothered I'll be doing -ashoooo -my pelvic floor exercises again.

Christmas morning attire for me will be jammies. Novelty slippers. Probably antlers with -aaaaa....aaaa.....shoooooooooooooooooo- bells on them. But I have got a special Christmas pinnie to wear whilst cookaaaaaaaaashooooooooooing. Bleurgh. (for the cold, not the cooking). Foxy I love leggings, tunic length jumper and slouchy socks or boots, go for it. Waves to Delly (aaaa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaa TISHOOOOO) and all lovely Benchies, soddit I'm off to bed with a box of tissues 😞

Highlighted

Hey Girlies,

Just wanted to pop in to say and wish you all a Merry Xmas and All Good Wishes for the New Year. 

Belong-edly, belatedly

From Dellypoos xxxx

Highlighted

Cards finished last night, written and posted today. Hand delivered ones will go in the next day or so. I knew I was very late posting this year but I didn't expect to meet Santa on the way back from the post box tonight!! (Annual Roundtable charity fundraiser: Santa sits in a special "sleigh" trailer and is towed around the local streets behind Rudolph disguised as a car, while dozens of people collect money door to door)

Apart from that, and the usual Saturday washing, I've done very little. Spent HOURS playing a silly Christmas game on my tablet and watched the Strictly final. Brilliant this year. Any one of them could have won it. (No spoilers :)) I think they were even better than our dancing on ice spectacular! 😛

Highlighted

Read my books and munched on chocs today, a lovely quiet day!  Almost done the bunting, it will be finished and delivered to daughter tomorrow.

A family gathering tomorrow as it is eldest grandaughters birthday. Cake in the shed tomorrow night. 

I always go to supermarket about 9pm....soooo quiet and always a few bargains to be had.

Highlighted

Aaahaaa, pub restaurantSmiley Happy, mine was that Italians, remember the superly cheap one, it's changed hands and is a little more expensive but still a massive bargain and the food is soooooooooo good!!!

Glitter is impossible...............mixed with glue, even worseSmiley Frustrated!

Read your books and munch your chocs today just don't care FFSmiley Happy.

Did manage to go to supermarket, YD didn't finish work until quarter to eight and we were waiting for a delivery anywhere from 6-10pm, that's why I had to wait for her.

Supermarket was soooooooooooooo quiet might change to night time visits, sooooooooo soup made early this morning and now in freezer, happy bunny, woo hoo!!!

Bought a couple of those box things of sweets one for family and one for moi, hahaha!

One lettuce to purchase and just the norm milk, bread blah blah......................

Having a childrens table this year, blue to match X tree lights, so Santa's, penguins etc but an owl may pop up from nowhere??? xx

Highlighted

It was a pub with a restaurant. Special Christmas menu. About 3 miles from school. One of our dinner ladies works there too!

Thanks for reminding me! 😐 We go back on the 3rd Jan - kids on the 4th. Don't suppose Scottish teachers would be expected (capable?? :P) of going back that soon after Hogmanay?! Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Oh purleese, JCJ?  You spent five minutes trying to get glitter glue off a desk Smiley Happy? Hot water my dear, hot water Smiley Happy  I've spent this last half term trying to get it off so many desks, even more chairs and several other assorted surfaces Smiley Mad  Glitter glue IS evil.  So is glue and glitter! I've spent so much time trying to get it off that other jobs have been neglected and now I'm trying to play catch up and I'm not sure that with just 10 hours to work this holiday that I can do it.  Glitter stuck into the carpet will be there for ever!

HT gave me a box of chocolates tonight, perhaps she feels slightly guilty?  

Can hardly believe your children don't break up 'til next Friday Katy. Althought this is the ealiest that I've known.

Meals sound delicious.  Still making the bunting, perhaps should have had it ready last week but I'm doing my best and my name is Last Minute Lil.  I'm working on it.....

Highlighted

oooooh that sounds lovelySmiley Happy!!!

Was it pub or restaurant??

Mine was yummy too, soup, spag bol and icecream, no tea tonight.

Am waiting until YD comes home then am going to supermarket, just can't face it tomorrowSmiley Frustrated want soup made so I can freeze it, one of the starters for X day. Too much happening next week and won't have time so it has to be sorted this weekend.

When do you go back to school then? xx

Highlighted

Forgot to answer your Q. KTC: I had smoked salmon & cream cheese on blinis to start. Then turkey and all the usual. Then a chocolate, hazelnut tart, followed by coffee and mint chocolate. All very yummy. 🙂

Highlighted

NEXT FRIDAY???? That's Christmas Eve Eve!  Those poor teachers! The kids will be beside themselves with excitement by then! And they, themselves, will all be cream crackered (or Christmas crackered? Hahaha hohoho)

I think this is the earliest we've finished for the festive season, but we're all shattered and it's been one hell of a last week! Smiley Mad  It feels really weird to be at home in daylight - I nearly closed all the curtains just from force of habit!

LARGE mugatea and sit down required before I venture out to the chippie for Friday tea! 🙂  I have been snacking on crisps, sausage rolls, cocktail sausages and other such rubbish all day as it's been party day - but I skipped lunch so that's OK??? Smiley Tongue

I thought of you, FF, as I tried (not particularly hard, I admit),  unsuccessfully,  to clean glitter glue off the tables. What an evil invention that is? Glitter AND glue blended with neon indelible colours. It doesn't scatter everywhere like 'proper' glitter, but it sure makes a mess of the tables and everywhere else the clumsy little  devils  darlings manage to spread it!!  I hope your school doesn't have too many such horrors for you to deal with!

Highlighted

Hello tat, soooooooooo appropriate, brought a smile to my face this morning hahahaSmiley Happy!!

When I was a little girl around 7, was happily in the bath, Mum kept popping in and out to see that I was fine, I decided to float face down and see how long I could hold my breath, you can imagine the scene..................my poor Mum...............was very briskly hauled out, couldn't believe all the fuss Mum was making..........was only holding my breath???? So kid like.........

Bunting making just before X how good are you, FF? No wonder you can't face shopping.

Was meant to go to supermarket 2 days in a row haven't done it, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, this means will now have to go on Sat, what a twit should have just done it..............

What did you eat JCJ?? Am out today for lunch, not X just normal lunch, so have already looked at menu and know what I'll be eating haha!

ED is coming to make up GS's gift, woo hoo!!!

Our kids don't finish school until next Fri.

Awful here, damp and dingy yuck xx

Highlighted

Thanks t4t, that photo was meant for us.  I really need some spoons, I'm running out of energy fast, thank goodness tomorrow is the end of term.  I plan to do the toilets and hoover through then just leave everything else to next week.

Still need things for Xmas and have no motivation towards buying them at all.  Thought I'd go into town today but I got stuck on the CBA bench.  Have done a little more of the Xmas bunting for daughter but did ask her today which Xmas she wanted it for?  Ok it's this one, must get **** into gear. Have cut out more tonight.

Don't know if it's the meds or the mild weather but I'm fine, a cold spell forecast next week so I'll find out then.

JCJ - how dare you worry the lifesaver?  Don't you know he's always scared to death that someone might need his learned but never needed before skills Smiley Wink

Highlighted

Hi t4t lovely to "see" you! Love your post. Thank you for sharing it! (That sounds so psychobabble but I mean it sincerely! 🙂 )

Just back from swimming. Another mile done but it's been Such a long week that at one point I thought how nice it'd be to just stop swimming - face down in the water. I must have worried the lifesaver because he got down off his highchair and started pacing up and down wearing the life belt! 😄

Half a day left - well 2/3 - then I shall be doing some serious CBA bench inhabiting!!

Highlighted

Hello lovely benches.  I saw this and just HAD to share it

IMG_0264.JPG

Lots of love

tat xx

Highlighted

Just back from staff night out. Even after delaying meal by an hour, we still had to leave for it before we could get feedback from our 'visitors'. HT didn't join us, so we can only assume there isn't cause for celebration! :'( 

We have all worked so damn hard that the next 2 days are going to be incredibly difficult. School Christmas lunch tomorrow. Parties on Friday morning. Finish at 1pm Friday. But it already feels like we've done 10 days this week!!

We did manage to have a (slightly hysterical) laugh tonight. We may be in the **** still/again but at least we're in it as a team who support each other!! 🙂

Highlighted

Yay, Katy glad we have persuaded you .  Why shouldn't we be comfortable at Christmas, it's family time, why be uncomfortable?  At a local shop I was talked into a pair of leggings by a very good saleslady, I was looking for smart trousers and left with leggings because of her.  I don't wear leggings!   She needs a pay rise!  Smiley Tongue  So then I had to buy a long jumper to go with them and I have . So I might wear them for Xmas day. Looks alright/actually pretty good in the mirror but feel kind of naked from the waist down. But the jumper covers my bum so not too bad.

School has had a total glitter explosion today so you can imagine how I feel about that!!  Teachers all have plans for the coming term, so I've told them that my plan is to get rid of the glitter by Easter!!!  Not sure I can do that though as it's just...........everywhere............

New meds taken today, not sure it's made any difference but as the temperature is still mild I'm ok.  Just don't want any cold frosty weather.

Hope things went ok for you today JCJ, blinking OFSTED why spoil a last Xmas week, just not fair!  Hope it went well and you are all celebrating at your Xmas meal.

Daughter's appt is Tuesday so I'm planning my work at school around that. Pretty sure that all will be ok, because of her history, every time she goes she gets asked anything in family so she has to tell them about me and gets referred pdq.

Highlighted

Aaaah FF, more to worry about, fingers and toes crossed for daughter. Could be cyst, lymph node or just changes, scary times, you'll be glad when it's all over. Is appt early next week? 

If meds work for you all the better.

JCJ, hope all is going well.

When is your Xmas night out?

Did a super clean today, woo hoo soooooo very pleased, Xmas Tree up with new added decoration, YD does make tree so pretty.

You have persuaded me to just go for it..............casual this year, may pop reindeer thingy on my head too!! Just to greet ED and family, they'll think my brain has totally gone............

Tried to get GD's present "made up" absolutely no chance, can't do it, can't tighten screws or even understand instructions, geez, so have hinted to ED, big hints haha!!

Nipped over the road two min walk for essentials I'd forgotten and my feet are going crazy, so depressingSmiley Frustrated, was checking out scooters etc but that's a last resort , a very last resort xx

Highlighted

Fingers crossed for your D next week, FF. But even if it IS something to worry about, she's got it early and we all know that it can be dealt with! The fact that the lump's getting smaller sounds good though - and sinister lump's aren't usually painful are they?

Stay off your feet, KTC if they're OK when you're sitting down then that's the best thing to do. I'll add some more cushions to the CBA bench! 😛

I agree with FF, comfort is the way to go for Christmas. I'll wear jeans, a T-shirt and micro fleece jacket that can be easily shed. Can't wear a jumper because I get soooo hot cooking the roast beast feast - and we have to have a real fire even if the weather's mild!!

I *think* today has gone OK. We're all so exhausted though. I'm almost past caring! It's a good job that Thursday was planned as a Christmas crafts day, and Friday party day (have to have a lie down just contemplating that!!) because none of us will be capable of teaching anything by then!! I get to escape the inspectors tomorrow morning:  I take a class to a nearby school for swimming lessons - unless one of them decides to come with us!! 😐

Just done the Christmas supermarket shop, after work, and had dinner - pie and chips - in café. So tired. So very, very tired. Snzzzzzzzzzzzz  

Highlighted

Katy, forget dressing up, go with comfort and practicality.  I'm off to daughters on Xmas Day wearing the usual jeans and a jumper. Benches around neck are a good idea, I shall do that too and think of you both having a good time with your families. Hope your tree looks magical.  My decorations will go up this weekend after school finishes.

Docs. appt. went ok, another med to add into the mix but since milder weather has happened I've been much better anyway.

JCJ - how dare OFSTED turn up on the last week of Xmas term!  That's just not fair.  Hope you are getting through it ok.

Daughter has appt. at breast clinic next week, whilst in the bath she found a lump!  This is not the first time, she's had at least three other lumps investigated by ultrasound/biopsy and they've all been nothing to worry about. Just hormonal changes. These were before her anxiety/meltdown kicked in last year, so she coped. Now although we/she knows that it's probably ok and she says that the lump is smaller now  and no longer painful her anxiety about anything medical has gone into overdrive and I'm needed to be with her practically 24/7 to keep her on an even keel. So tomorrow I'm at her house making Christmas bunting to go over her fireplace.

I'm sort of not worried but still worried do you know what I mean?  Odds are good but what if?........

Highlighted

Hope all is going/gone well JCJ.

Am having quiet time, just eaten one of those infamous doughnuts and slurped a muggatea, bad me...........

Very dark outside and a bit chilly brrrrrrrrrrr!

ED is sooooooooo much better and YD has promised to do tree tonight, we'll see!

Am excited to put my new MMU decoration upSmiley Happy! Also decided to wear a bench around my neck on Xmas Day haha, did I say that I purchased a big X jumper??

At the moment instead of dressing up for the big day, will don jumper and leggings, woo hoo comfy for me & grandchildren and it doesn't matter if things get splashed on jumper etc, shall I go through with???

GS is also back to being good natured, have been cuddled to bits todaySmiley Happy!

Trying to keep reasonably quiet as feet are not good, it's fine if I don't walk hahaha xx

Did pick up the books yesterday!!

Highlighted

Can't believe it! School got the call from OFSTED today! They'll be with as tomorrow and Wed. 😨

Staff night out on Wed will be interesting. Will we be euphoric, exhausted..... or both!

This was already going to be a long week. Tonight was the only night I was going to be in. But I didn't leave school until 7:30pm because it was all hands to the pumps. Back early in the morning. And I'm doing the Christmas supermarket shop tomorrow after school. It'll be a miracle if I manage to get everything!

Right, must shower and wash my hair.

Highlighted

Hahahaha FF, guffawing with laughter, spluttering tea all over laptopSmiley Happy!!

Aaaah poor you really...............working up a sweat...............hahahaha, that's what happens when you want to be comfortable.............

YD didn't come home til midnight so no tree upSmiley Frustrated, trying to guilt her but it doesn't work!

ED off work today, has a yucky bug which affects chest and you lose your voice, could be a good thing cause she never stops talking, that's not fair really as she feels really poorly.

Have to go into town to pick up those books if they have sent them back, will be FURIOUS!!! Rage building already.............

One present to wrap, woo hoo!!!

Sweets for moi to buy and fresh things and that's it. Hurrah!!!

Because am such a smartie pants, forgot to post 2 birthday cards............that's what happens when you're an organising freak whose memory is shot!!

Hope you get on fine at docs FF xx

Highlighted

JCJ.....how do you do it?  Amazing. I love your alternative carols.

Went to school today to finish off (couldn't be bothered yesterday).  Big mistake.... ST was there doing stuff for the exibition on Weds., with a male friend of hers to help.  As I thought I would be there alone I'd gone braless so was forced to keep my coat on to hide that (only a t-shirt underneath) and it was altogether too hot in the school!  Quite funny now I look back but not at the time. Did the work and escaped as soon as possible.

Only one more week to flexitime and the school to myself....hopefully.

Need to get a*** in gear for Xmas, have most of it ready but daughter and eldest GD a problem. Must think..

Highlighted

Bravo, bravo I love it, JCJSmiley Happy!!!

Brrrrrrrrrr freezing cold here.

All quiet, waiting for YD to come home to put tree up, both daughters think I decorate the tree badly, I agree!!

Was on the "grrrrr" bench, ordered books for Mum in Nov, emailed company and have not had a response as yet, received email a short while ago stating this is a reminder to collect books, WHAT???

Surprise!!!!  Can the reason be that I contacted company and surprise, surprise they are now in store, who's kidding who??? xx

Highlighted

That last started life with the alternative first verse, but I didn't want to exclude all those who couldn't make it to MMU! 🙂 x

Highlighted

Here we go carolers. Another morning misspent! 😄

We 'brave' gals of Benchland are

We 'brave’ gals of Benchland are
Sharing laughs we traverse afar
Knee highs dashing, shoe lights flashing
Breast Cancer Care is a star

(Alternative first verse for MMU 4:

We three queens of Norecambe are

Bearing gifts we travel afar

Knee highs dashing, shoe lights flashing

Two by train and one in a car)

CHORUS:
O gals of Benchland, what a sight!

Gales of laughter awake at night
Hilarious reading, still proceeding
Helped us survive our BC plight

Guilt is thrown in Benchland’s lake

‘gators devour it for our sake
Friends forever, ceasing never
Constantly sharing the cake

CHORUS

Hormone therapy to suffer have we
Prescribed “because of our history”
Hair surprising, temperatures rising
Keeping us Cancer free

CHORUS

Mirth is mine, its lovely perfume
Banishes thoughts of impending doom
Sorrowing, sighing, worrying, crying

Laugh our way out of the gloom

CHORUS

Glorious now behold we're still here
Still sharing all our joy and fear
Alleluia, Alleluia
All Benchlanders cheer

CHORUS

Highlighted

Was spottedSmiley Frustrated,  recognised because of tiara, lycra suit, handbag and flashing light shoes, how did they find me???

Managed to imply that I didn't actually know where I was?? Thought I was at this years holiday destination............they bought it, woohooSmiley Happy!!

Confused and bewildered moi xx

Highlighted

2 options:

1) keep schtum and deny all knowledge - say photos are a hoax

2) set up shop and cash in by selling tat to the gullible fools - (though we'll have stiff competition there - the area has been full of shops doing just that for years!!)

Another carol coming later. Will it be a repeat or a new addition? - who knows!

Highlighted

Oh lawks, what to do?  We know the truth but do we reveal it and let everyone know about Benchland?   No, we don't , we keep quiet and let the media go bonkers whilst quietly revelling in our knowledge. Always knew you would cause a sensation somehow JCJ.

Went back to school tonight (had three days off with a tummy bug)  glitter everywhere.........and a strong suspicion that no-one covered for me, it was just left.........Perhaps not completely back to normal as I only managed an hours worth of hoovering and will go back tomorrow to finish off cleaning tables etc..

Only one more week to flexitime and a weeks holiday, can't wait.

Highlighted

Oh my, what a commotion...............

JCJ, headlines in all Scottish newspapers today:

LOCH NESS MONSTER IS REAL!!!

Hundreds witnessed Nessie swimming back and forth in the loch last night. 

Pictures are being shown on TV..........

Everyone is talking about it???????????

What should I do??? xx

Did you see her?

Highlighted

Gosh no! I wouldn't wear a bikini! Wouldn't want to frighten Nessie or the camels! 

Another mile swum tonight. 68 lengths, I think. I lost count because I was mentally constructing the following version of Good King Wenceslas. Now 1/3 of the way down the Loch.

Benchland JCJ swam out

Into the Loch at Inv’nessy
When the snow lay round about

Deep and crisp and messy
Brightly shone the moon that night
Though the frost was cruel
Then 2 camels came in sight

For the Scots to foooel

Hump and Dink come swim with me
Hear the Scotsman yelling
“Yonder monster, look at that!
What on earth’s that swelling?"
"Sure, it is the monster Nessie
See his neck and his bumps”
“Ha we fooled that silly Jessie
With our camels necks and humps ."

"Bring me tea and bring me cake
For I'm starting to shiver
Thou and I will swim this loch
Into yonder river."
So the camels forth they went
Forth they swam together
Through the rude wind's wild lament
And the bitter weather

"Gosh the water’s colder here
And the wind blows stronger
I am really starting to fear
That I can swim no longer."
Don the fleecy thermal vest
Camels join me boldly
Thus I find the winter's zest
Freeze my blood less coldly."

Highlighted

Laxative?  Really?  First I've heard of that and after two months of taking them I think I would have noticed!

I'm just glad that the the cramps have stopped.

Have been babysitting youngest GD today, played trains, helped with zoo animals, a clapping game went down well, beans on toast for lunch was a hit. Ceebeebies was a help. 

Highlighted

Sooooooooooooo good JCJSmiley Happy!!

Brought a tear to my eye, am superly emotional just now...............boo hoo says she............

Can't blame ta"poxy"fenSmiley Frustrated

Healthy eating is also on a break, so slumping off to the "how bad am I??" bench, where I shall be for the foreseeable future. Those choc doughnuts are just too tempting and the shop the supplies them has just opened around the corner..............

Heating/water is working fine must have been a blip in the system.

Busy week almost over, thank goodness, feet are not good at all, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! And am having twitchy head movements, geez what's that all about??????????? Am just pretending its not happening...........

Loch Ness tonight a little warmer bikini on?? xx

Highlighted

Slightly nervous about taking that supplement, FF, as it is prescribed as a laxative!! 😐

Today's regurgitated carol:

Oh holey tights

O holey tights! The shoes are brightly shining,
It is the night of our great chariot race.
Long sat the girls in The Station Hotel dining.
Till the dogs appeared and the camels increased their pace.
A thrill of hope the dreary prom rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious form
Tights to your knees! Oh, hear the Benchland voices!

On off with the fleece, “Oh christ, Oh Christ it’s warm!”;
O tights, O holey tights , O tights, o tights knee high

Led by the light of Katy’s chariot beaming,
With thumping hearts by Eric’s statue we stand.
O'er the girls the sweat is sweetly gleaming,
Now come the women from out of the Benchland.
To The Kings pub we shall make our way
In all our trials BC made us friends.
We know our needs, whose turn is it to pay?
Behold The Kings! Inside there’s cups of tea!
Behold The Kings! Inside there’s cups of tea!

BC has taught us to love one another,
We live by love and our gospel is peace.
Lynn we shall thwart, for the sleeve is our brother.
And in Benchland’s name all guiltiness shall cease.

Great chunks of guilt to the grateful crocs toss we,
With all our hearts we praise BCC’s name.
Christ, is it warm? Then peeling off a fleece we,
Chomp on an alliburger, dancing round the flame.
Chomp on an alliburger, dancing round the flame.

Highlighted

When you wrote that first verse JCJ, did you realise that you were describing me perfectly?  And forget the sleep fairy just take magnesium citrate tablets!  I now take them and the cramps have stopped Smiley Very Happy

A certain discount store delivered the rest of Christmas today, so I'm finished with only a few chocolatey things to get from local superstore. And a couple of tins of biscuits.  And a tin of chocolates.......I bought a tin of chocolates last week.....but I've eaten them.....so I need another.Smiley Wink Oops!

Highlighted

Hahahahaha................guffawing with laughter...............no one can touch you JCJSmiley Happy!!

When you were a donkey I never ever saw you picking your nose..............I was sitting on top of you so I should know...........

Oh FF, was sooooooooooo worried, glad you are back safe and soundSmiley Happy

Spreading glitter EVERYWHERE xx

Highlighted

Woooohooo! FF returns. Glad it was just a technical hitch, not a medical or flooding-related one! 😄

A new version of Silent Night for the SBC (Silent Benchland Choir)

Sleepless Night
Holy sh**e
Nearly 5 years
And I'm alright!
But out of the bed

Jump onto the floor
Cramping legs so tender and sore
Sleep fairy needed now please
Sleep fairy needed now please

Restles Night
But I'm alright
Flushes plague half the night
Icy air streams from window ajar
Silent choirs sing hallelujah
Goodness gracious I'm warm!
Goodness gracious I'm warm!

Highlighted

Please don't mention glitter........just don't.  I'm just thankful that this year the Xmas tree is artificial so there won't be pine needles as well!

Highlighted

Oh, finally I seem to be back.  Have had great trouble with broadband provider, tv also on the blink, spent what seems like many hours on the phone and have had visits from two engineers. Now seems to be sorted, crossed fingers, three free months of tv and broadband negotiated.

Not a lot is happening down here, except some Xmas shopping. Went to town last week and got a few bits, went to City today with daughter, son and DIL, managed to distract certain people at certain times and have now nearly finished the shopping.  I may not be as organised as you Katy, but to have my Xmas shopping almost finished on the 6th Dec is a record for me!

According to the weather forecast you will be warmer soon Katy.

I'm also up for the silent singing, JCJ please copy your carols to us again, they are brilliant.( I'm far too lazy to look back to see them).

Highlighted

First Christmas performance done this evening. One down - one to go. No major **** ups. Not bad considering we only started it last week! 

Watched the teeny people do their dress rehearsal too, this morning. A mixture of ahhh! and hahaha! The sight of a row of a dozen tiny donkeys lined up in front of the stage with half of them picking their noses will stay with me for a long time! 😄

Visited the garden centre, near school, for a spot of Christmas browsing and a jammy scone and cup of tea, in between end of school day and kids returning for the performance. Now I'm at home scoffing mini fish'n'chips! 

You OK FF? Have you disappeared completely now? It was just your avatar before...and mysterious half empty boxes. Hope you are surviving the Christmas glitter avalanche!! 

Highlighted

That was excellent JCJSmiley Happy!

YD came home yesterday and asked if we could put up the X tree, no says moi.................

Met Revcat for lunch today, had a lovely time, she was asking after you all, we have not managed to meet for months, so was great to see herSmiley Happy!

Still sooooooooooo cold here, my heating/water are not working properly but have had to put it all back on, teeth chattering and fingers turning blue def warrant warmth, fingers crossed all is well soon xx

Highlighted

Morning Benchies! Not much to report here (which is good, I do so appreciate uneventful days now). Had my annual prescription review with my GP, he said "so tell me again why you're on Anastrozole ...." but I asked him what would happen about the prescription charge exemption card (mine expires in jan and I'm likely to be on the meds till summer or beyond) and he said I'm still eligible as its cancer treatment, and gave me the form to send off for a new card. Once again thank heaven for the NHS 🙂

Beautiful morning here, the sun is pouring in through the window . Must get the book keeping done instead of daydreaming!!!