69138members
363092posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Ooooh yum yum cake in the shed soon???

My two grandchildren's birthdays are 3 days apart so know exactly what you mean FF haha.

Glad you have not heard anything about GD, no news is good news.

Oh, JCJ you must have been freezing, make you swim faster, perhaps?

Since I said there is no fog here, it's been foggy ever sinceSmiley Frustrated, typical, it's soooooooo cold, -3 degrees all day brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It's teacher training, she has options but this is where she wants to go, a lot of people for a small amount of places. She will know sometime in March.

Yummy yum takeaway tonight, having a currySmiley Happy!

Feet still ouchy not quite as bad which is one thing I supposeSmiley Frustrated!

Finished book can't believe she got away with it, soooooooo shocking xx

Highlighted

The "loch" was quieter tonight. No so many brave souls prepared to face the freezing northerlies? Another mile done. It was soooo hard to drag myself there. So tired.

Hope your daughter gets her place, KTC. Remind me, is this for teacher training? Or a job? (If it's the former, she's a mad fool! :P)

Highlighted

Not heard anything further about GD's bruised foot so presume she is doing ok.  SIL's mother is leaving hospital and going back to her home tomorrow, so that's good news.  Fingers  crossed for your ED Katy.

The fog has gone but it's been soooo cold today, a wind that could cut you in half.  Only went out to go to school, which again was reasonably tidy so got a few extra jobs done. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, I hope so.

Youngest GS's birthday on Saturday , so there will be cake in the shed and then again on Wednesday as that is eldest GS's birthday.  An expensive four days!!

Highlighted

Forgot to say I think it maybe me that non stop talking malarkey hahaha! x

Highlighted

Hope all is well with GD, FF, sounds ouchy, what a shame. Also hope sons mil ok too.
Did you post prescription thing JCJ?
Been on the "too busy" bench am taking bad with that......
ED had her interview yesterday, 3 hours, gone from over 1000 applicants, whittled down to 400, for only 180 places, just the waiting game now.
No fog here just cold xx

Highlighted

I can see how you were led astray there JCJ.  But daughter talks non-stop all year and I only talk for two days. Smiley Tongue  She actually gets it from her Dad, after I said "I do", I don't think I got another word in edgeways Smiley Wink

Foggy all day here, journey home from school took twice as long as usual, being very careful but it's not too bad on the single track lanes as there's hedges on both sides. Thinking about it I've spent forty odd years in the countryside so I'm pretty used to it.

Eldest GD had an accident at work (not her fault!) and had to go to A&E to see if her foot was broken. Fortunately it's not, just badly bruised.  She can't walk at the moment, on crutches for a couple of days or so.

SIL's mother still in hospital, no better but no worse, more tests.

Highlighted

Saw the highlights programme tonight, FF, and heard about Sir Andy and Dan. 😞 But GO JO!! 🙂 I hope she blasts Serena off the court!! (fat chance??)

What have I been up to? Just the usual weekend procrastination followed by the usual trauma of having to go back to work on Monday. Atmosphere horrible at school at the moment while we await THAT report. Management are extremely jumpy, so it's likely to be a long, stressful term! 😞

Read some brilliant bargain books on my kindle though. And spent HOURS doing electronic jigsaws on my Hudl. Like I've nothing better to do?? 😛 Also knitting a pink baby blanket to use up some of my sister's wool. I'll probably sell it on Mr Futon's website in aid of BCC or Macmillan.

Um....Girls...Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, meet Pot. I seem to remember WE ALL managed to do a fair amount of blathering - 2 whole days virtually non-stop - 4 years running! I wonder where your daughters got there loquaciousness from?? 😄

Stopped on the way home from work to buy the milk for the staffroom. As I put my purse back away, I saw a folded piece of paper in my handbag. "What's this rubbish?" Oh. The form for free prescriptions that I had to fight to acquire! Forgot all about it. In my head, I'd completed that task, just by getting the form. It's now filled in and waiting to be posted tomorrow. Ooops!

Highlighted

Pretty as a picture?  Well, the picture I had in mind as I looked in THAT mirror was Munch's The Scream!  A lot better now, more Gainsborough!  A lot more tidy and feeling a bit more like myself.

I know about talking machines Katy, I always said my daughter was vaccinated with a gramophone needle, as she never stops talking but that is now a real asset,  'cos if there's ever any awkwardness she will always be there with a relevant comment Smiley Happy

No dramas today, school reasonably tidy.  Very foggy on the way home, good job I know the lanes like the back of my hand, 20 mph following the left hand verge.

No spoilers here JCJ but I'm sure you've seen, or heard the news.

Highlighted

How are you after looking in THAT mirror FF????

Bet you are as pretty as a pictureSmiley Happy!

What you been up to JCJ?

Had a quiet day today, well most of the weekend really, needed it haha!

Busy for rest of week and babysitting on Sat, GD so it's pretty easy, the only thing is, she never stops talking..........so my head will be buzzing, she's some machine. ED always says the same about GD and I say to her "karma, my dear ED, karma"Smiley Happy xx

(Cause she never stops talking either)

Highlighted

A lovely lazy day.  Sat on the reading bench for most of it.  Now on the catch up tv bench.  Tomorrow I'm going to look in the hairdressers mirror. That will be traumatic but I expect I will look better in MY mirror afterwards.

SIL's mother still in hospital but no further dramas, so hopefully all will resolve well.

Fingers crossed for ED Katy but it's far too early to spring clean.  Not thinking about that until at least March!

Highlighted

hahaha girls, thank you, I think???Smiley LOL!!

Love the slippers, will wear them all the timeSmiley Happy!

Glad you are doing ok with meds FF and this cold spell, we had snow this morning brrrrrrrrrrrr!

ED is going for her uni interview this week, keep your fingers crossed please.

Have been doing an early spring clean, just slowly but have done all the things I wanted to do woo hoo, managed to also iron 4, yes 4 things, am on a complete roll hahahaha. xx

Highlighted

Ok , JCJ.  I promise no spoilers but .......go Andy!  I really hope he gets it this time.  So many times the runner up!  Love the camel slippers Smiley Happy

Katy, so pleased you are are NED but I agree with JCJ definitely not normal, just you.  Glad one worry off your shoulders, now, just put the camel slippers on your feet.

Had to go to school today as yesterday turned out far from a usual Friday.  SIL's mother taken into hospital again so had to collect GD from school.  Sleepovers with her cousins and a panto performance were all planned and had to be re-sorted out at short notice. (Who's taking who where/when/what /how/ feed them??)  As a family we all "circle the wagons" when there's a problem, so it was sorted. No grandchildren were disappointed . Whew!  Fortunately it was a Friday, so when I rang school and said I wouldn't be in but I could do it over the weekend, there was no problem there. Next week? Who knows?

It's been cold and frosty but I'm pretty good, think the additional med is working better now I've changed the time of taking it. Looking forward to a rainy day thoughSmiley Wink

Highlighted

Oh! Oh! Oh! Look what I found Katy! Hump and Dink have kindly offered to be comfy slippers to soothe your poor feet!

14850267964951852372508.jpg

1485026977929-470407104.jpg

Highlighted

WeeeHooo booby doo! NED, Katy!! But definitely not normal! Smiley Tongue

Sorry your feet are ouchy though. Plonk yourself on that CBA bench and rest them as much as possible.

Hope the weather didn't get too cold, FF, so you don't feel grotty. Cold, grey and damp here again today, after a lovely sunny day yesterday, which I saw virtually nothing of, as I was indoors at work from dark to dark! 😞

Barely strayed from the CBA bench myself today. Feet up on the (blue) tennis bench for a while - but only the highlights because we don't pay extra for TV! Don't give any spoilers away this week, FF! 🙂

Highlighted

That letter arrived yesterday, no evidence of disease, woo hooSmiley Happy, sooooooooo quick this time big sigh of relief!!

Normal was nowhere on the letter???? So I assume I am normal hahahaha, hee hee!! Don't need it in writing  now hahahaSmiley Happy! Or am I???????

Aaah Ali how annoying, friend was passed from pillar to post regarding gynae issues which were ta"poxy"fen induced they are all resolved now but took a long time. At least a new jumper made a gloomy day happier, good luck with your next appt.

FF, you have a while before you have to make a decision, it is expensive but if it makes you feel "secure" it's worth it.

JCJ, good job with the swim, don't answer phone next time...............

One big worry done, (not the mammo) don't like being on the "constantly worried" benchSmiley Frustrated!

Time for "moaning minnie" feet are STILL ouchy grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Off out for lunch today our favourite Italian, 3 courses, woo hoo xx

Highlighted

Loch Ness swim now 57% complete. Apparently, I'm at a place called Foyers.

Tonight, I was wishing I was actually in the Loch. The January "swimmers" (AKA stand around gossipers) were persistently getting in my way. Grrrr! 

Get home, wanting to have a mugatea, dry my hair and fall into bed, but get a message from exec head, via a colleague. Could I do something urgently with the school website. Grrrrrr. Grrrrrr! Tempted to use a two word phrase which ends in 'off' or suggest somewhere the website could urgently be shoved, but didn't dare risk it. So I made the required changes. Under protest. 

So much for the stress-relieving benefits of swimming??!! Smiley Mad

Highlighted

That's bonkers isn't it, that medical records take a week to update, in the days of computers?! Do we use the same hospital, Ali? (GE)

I got home, today, to an NHS letter. Instant nausea. Then realised I was expecting my mammo appointment because I couldn't book it on Monday; by the time I came out from surgeon appointment, the booking systems were closed down!  Mammo booked for 2 March at 9:42am. Very precise, as ever!

Music for the wedding. I'm working on it.

Thought we could have a go at this too:

https://youtu.be/nz7SMVYMT6k

Though the lyric is perhaps not that appropriate: "send my love to your new love" for a wedding?! 😛

Highlighted

I went back to the BCU today for my results. They specifically asked me to book in with them, for today, so I did. They had no idea why I was there, no record of my appointment last week, and no idea what the test results mean because oncology look at the medical side of things. And their record keeping system takes longer than a week to update. So, booked in with my oncologist for the end of this month. All they could say was that my oestrogen levels are still very low and haven't risen. Ah well. Bought a very nice bargain jumper in town so that my journey and half a day out of work wasn't a complete waste of time. 😄

Highlighted

Hope your feet held up for the trip to town and aren't too sore now, Katy.  Don't know yet what I'm going to do but have time to decide.  I've got this years mammo at the hospital, next year on the van and after that I'll think more seriously about it.  Research so far suggests about £250 for a private mammo. It will have gone up in price in two years time I'm sure.

School staying reasonably tidy so work not too onerous and not a lot else happening down here.  Keep hoping for mild rainy weather as I feel better then.........but tomorrows forecast is cold and frosty!  Oh dear!

Go Andy, oops...Sir Andy!

Highlighted

It's lovely to indulge JCJSmiley Happy!!

Had forgotten you were "trialing" think it def makes things better psychologically having yearly mammos/checks, even though it's nervewracking...............

What will you do FF? Is it expensive?

Into town today for bits and bobs, instead of running around as usual I can be a little more leisurely, well at the moment anyway. Will be a good tester for feet as have not been out because of my back, hahaha, "whiney annie" that's me................xx

Highlighted

PS bargain of the day in S******** supermarket tonight: 2 beautiful, ripe mangoes for 20p. Yes, 20p for both! Just because the sell by date was today. I cut them up, expecting to have to throw some away for composting, but they were perfect. I ate quite a lot while I was cutting them up. Delicious! But it's fruit so it doesn't count eh? 

Highlighted

Not back on the van because, thanks to the REACT trial I have TEN years of annual mammos and onc check ups, if I understood correctly (and remembered!) the bumf given me when I signed up for the trial. Which reminds me, I must have a look and see if anything has been published about that trial. I'd be interested to see if anything came of it. Though, it's a long term project, obviously, if they're following us for 10 years (and our medical records for longer - I signed that they can have access to mine indefinitely)

Full day at school. "3-weekly" supermarket shop (but the last time I went was before Christmas!) dinner in supermarket café (2 dinners out in a row! What decadence?! :)) Home. Shopping away. Flump back on to kn*****ed bench. Is it still only Tuesday? Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted

Hahahaha JCJ you should have cracked jokes too, how mortifying for the poor trainee, obviously the red face gave the game awaySmiley Happy!! Poor thing hahaha.

Woo hoo scooby/booby dooSmiley Happy.

Are you back on the van too?

Sounds like a good ending to a busy day yum yum!

Can you please let FF and I know which song we will be performing???

Cause we will have to start now to be absolute perfection for the big day, woo hoo!

Hospital letter arrived, knew it was my next lido letter so no tummy twirling, hurrah xx

Highlighted

No church, FF, entire wedding and reception is in a pub - so Mendelssohn probably not appropriate. The girls are constructing a playlist on their phones to plug into the sound system at the venue. I'll enquire what's on it so we can arrange an accompaniment on the bells. 😄

Highlighted

Collapsed on the Kna****ed bench. Full day at school - kids in all day due to persistent rain - dash to hospital straight from school, nightmare parking. Early for appointment so Quick whizz to BC clinic to get free prescription form - dingbat on reception not have a clue what I was on about - said Dr would sort it for me during my appointment.

Waiting room at outpatients absolutely packed. Waited AN HOUR (and of course, this time I didn't bother taking my kindle like I usually do, frequently not having time to read it! Smiley Mad by which time nearly everyone - including a great number of the staff - have gone. I was just about to ask someone if I'd been forgotten when they called my name (well, a version of it!) Dr really apologetic about the wait. Would I mind a trainee Dr also having a feel? Of course not, they all have to learn. Poor man was sooo embarrassed. I didn't know whether to crack jokes to put him at his ease or just let him get it over with quickly!

All OK. Yey!! Discharged, as expected, from surgeon's follow up clinic. Told I will stay on Tapoxyfen for another 5 years. I asked about the free prescription form and he said he's never, in 15 years, dealt with that. He asked me who I spoke to at BC clinic - was horrified that I'd been "sent from pillar to post". Trainee beetles off, came back with form, got Dr to sign it, then beetles off again to get the hospital official stamp. I could have hugged him - but that would only have further embarrassed him?!

Met OH at our favourite pub for Steak Night, to celebrate. Nom nom nom. It was very busy but they fit us in. Yummy steak and chocolate fudge cake (no cream or ice cream because I'm a good girl.......Ish) Finally home and hair wash before collapsing on aforementioned.

Perhaps now my aches and pains in boob will calm down again. I'm sure they are mostly psychological! They're always worse as appointments loom. 😐

Highlighted

Snipped bells off pyjamas and now sewing them on to wedding suit, at the moment a purple/pink lycra ensemble.  We could do a passable Mendelssohn impression at the Church (with practice)!  Or more up to date number(s) at the reception!  Whatever is required.

Highlighted

JCJ, can me and FF ring a ding a ling at The Wedding, please???

Think it would be wonderful, even more so if you can play too??

Between our outfits, ringing dinging and flying in on the broomstick, it will be an affair to remember.............

It is soooooooooooooooo cold here, can't feel my fingers as I am typing.

Am expecting a letter re lido from hospital so note to one's self do not panic when hospital letter arrives xx

Highlighted

Yes, will be the last hospital appts. Hope to be signed off  IF all is well. I hope so, appts not due 'til April.  and then back to the van.  Have been thinking about paying privately for yearly mammo's, more thought needed there.

I've thought and researched about the kindle and no, not yet, maybe one day but I love books.  The sight, the feel, the page turning, the cheapness in charity shops, Mr Futon's site, free in Libraries. I wish my eighteen year old self had realised after A levels that I should have studied to be a proper Librarian but hey ho, hindsight is wonderful!

Definitely our next performance JCJ.  Also attaching bells to pyjamas Smiley Happy

Just realised I'm doing far too much thinking, must stop this and get back to normal.  

Highlighted

Our next Benchland performance?

Bell suit. (Hope this link works)

I am attaching bells to my pyjamas now! 😄

Highlighted

Fri the 13th has a lot to answer for................

Needed to print out something yesterday morning, noooooooo printer out of ink, ran over to "Spice" store bought ink, ran back, popped new ink in, still not working, grrrr, did all the troubleshooting stuff, nothing, grrrrrrrrr, ended up having to buy a new one, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Next, meeting that should have lasted just over an hour extended to three and one half hours, (had to be there), grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! This meant I was superly late regarding all the other things needing done, grrrrrrrrr!

Finally arrived home, in the dark, went to close curtains and they fell off the hooks, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Though realistically my "bad" moments were not nearly as bad as yours JCJ, wowee 5 years you two, hope all appts go well for you both, will this be you last FF?

Woo hoo a new car, how fabSmiley Happy

E-readers versus real books??? mmmmmm, am on the real book side, I like the choice, charity shops, library etc. Noticed that library ebooks were not really updated that often and it ended up there was nothing I wanted to read.

That's just me though FF, cause everyone else loves them haha xx

Highlighted

What is it with predictive text/autocorrect? Why in heaven would anyone want to type "fit and we'll"????Smiley Mad Fit and WELL you moronic device!!! 

OH has his new car. 3 year old VW Golf estate. The garage delivered it to the house and took his old car away! Service! 🙂 It's supposed to be smaller than the VW Passat estate he had before (which I didn't like driving because it felt sooo big after my Fiesta!)  - but it doesn't look it!

Pouring with rain today. Oh dear. What a shame. Absolutely no reason to bother getting dressed! Smiley Wink

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Highlighted

Snow?  Not a single flake!  Actually I'm pleased, life as usual, made up the time at school and now it is gleaming.

Kindle?  Mr. Futon?  Not thought about that,  more research and thought needed.  Going to Library tomorrow for proper books.  Still have five books received as Xmas pressies to read!

Yay to you JCJ for being five years on!  In another three weeks I'll be able to say the same!  

Highlighted

Five years ago today - also a Friday - I joked about Friday 13th not being an auspicious day for a mammogram, only to bitterly regret joking about it,  2 weeks later!! Five years on. There's been some ups and downs BUT I'M STILL HERE and fit (ish) and we'll. Hurrah! I hope that gives some hope and inspiration for all newly DX.

I was right (as always? :P) about the snow. Coming  down thick and fast as I drove to school 😞 but all gone by lunchtime.

Highlighted

I thought I'd hate reading electronically so YD bought me a 2nd hand Kindle from Mr Futon. If I didn't get on with it I could just sell it on. However, I never looked back. Love it so much - don't even miss holding "real" books (and not only because the Kindle frees up my hands for knitting!) However, I prefer the older models that don't have back-lit screens. They're more like a

real book.

I got an identical one (Kindle keyboard wireless/3G) for OH for his birthday for about £45 with a case from Mr Futon, when the Independent stopped printing the Saturday paper. He uses it mostly for the dictionary, (it's fairly useless for reading newspapers!) but I have seen him reading other stuff on it.

I never pay full price for ebooks (dearer than real ones half the time!) but the classics are all free and several times a year they have 99p sales. I bought loads of bargains over Christmas. My library does ebooks too, but unfortunately not compatible with Kindle - I have a compatible app on my tablet but I don't like reading books on it. 

Swam tonight. There was a lot of heavy shipping loitering about in the middle of  the b****y loch, right in the way. Felt like detonating depth charges to disperse them!! I hate January. All the ladies that don't really want to swim but have made New Year resolutions to get fit turn up and GET IN THE WAY! Grrrr! Ah well, come February it'll be back to those of us that actually want to swim!! 🙂

Got back from swimming and OH said I'd had a phone call while I was out. Friend from university days, 36 years ago!!! (One of the group I lived with in Morecambe!) Not spoken to her for YEARS, but we do exchange Christmas and birthday cards with little family news updates. I rang her back and we chatted for ages. Took me back  - she sounded just the same as when we were at Lancaster!! 🙂

The 'snowline' contact tree was distributed at school today, in case we have to close, but it looks like we will be the only part of the country that won't get any snow. Certainly not enough for a day off! Having said that, I just looked out and there's a sprinkling of snow.

It'll probably be just enough to be a pain driving to work but not enough to last?!

Hope the Lido has improved your feet situation, KTC x

Highlighted

It's rained all day, practically needed a canoe to get through the lanes to work!  As I went uphill the rain turned to snow but couldn't settle as it was so wet.  Head teacher told me just do the toilets and empty the bins and get home. So, 40 minutes work and off home again.......coup.   Now?  No sleet, no rain, forecast says could be fine, could be rain, could be snow, probably will be ice. Who knows????

Glad you are getting younger Ali.  Can you tell me how to do it?  Hope your problem is that easily sorted and that no nasty gynae investigations needed.

I know the NHS has it's problems (understatement!) but, yes, where WOULD we all be without it? Hope you are ok Katy, take it easy. 

Breaking the ice on Loch Ness tonight JCJ?  Kindle?  I've gone from "no, never"  to "well, maybe"  but  I very rarely run out of library books and can always re-read from my own library (spare bedroom)!  I did look on two sites that sell them last night and found them for £60, £110 and £170. Confused, any recommendations anyone?

Highlighted

Wowee Ali, getting younger, new nipple and fluttery eyelashes!!

Hoping it is the change of tabs and all goes well for you.

Lido went fine, see how the next few days go, fingers crossed, woke up at 5.15am this morning sooooooo ten muggateas, ten visits to the loo and house all tidied, will want to get back to sleep by nine haha!!

Bit of a thumpy head, not too bad.

We have snow and it's brrrrrrrrrrrrr freezing cold.

Was speaking to a man yesterday who has some auto immune disorder, he was saying his costs for medicine alone are over £100,000 a year, thank gosh for the NHS...................xx

Highlighted

And cramp, don't forget the cramp....

But on the plus side , I've booked to have my stumpy little eye lashes tinted and a few extensions added so I can flutter my lashes 😉

Highlighted

So , they think I might have flipped back to pre-menopausal because I'm "still quite young" (oooh Thankyou!!! Not intended as a compliment but I'll turn it into one thank you very much). Had a blood test today to find out, got to go back next Wednesday for the result. If I have flipped they'll put me back on tamoxifen , if not its off to the gynaecologist I go. So......tam with its hot flushes, weight gain, queasiness, head fog etc or the great unknown? The nurse practitioner was also very keen to get me a nipple, or at the very least to tattoo one in for me. Apparently it can be done in my lunch hour 😄 don't think I want one actually!

Highlighted

Extra provisions by the jittery bench, Ali. Hope the wait for confirmation that it's nothing to worry about is not too long. (Unlike that sentence???) 

Maximum effect and minimum yuckiness from your lido today, KTC.

FF, you need a Kindle - or other electronic reading devicece - as a backup when you run out of library books. You can download them any time, day or night, even if there's 6ft of snow outside. :D. I got some brilliant books for 99p each!  Actually you could just use an ereader on your laptop, in a real emergency - not so comfy as snuggling up with a book though. 🙂

Highlighted

I have it on good authority that if you have blonde hair , and the chlorine in the swimming pool gives it a greenish tinge, then applying tomato ketchup rectifies the colour. Friend of mine collects those sachets you get in restaurants to take on her holidays after an unfortunate incident in Greece last year !  Doubt pickled beet root would help, unless you want a nice pink rinse.

Off to breast care unit tomorrow, slightly apprehensive tbh. Ah well!

Highlighted

Now.... tomato and beetroot and how about a bit of mayonnaise for the blonde effect?  So pleased to have had you smirking in the staff room JCJ.

Glad your mammo was ok Katy and really hope that tomorrow's lido will help your feet. 

I am planning my life around the weather forecast, so I've got provisions in today, medication to collect tomorrow, library on Thursday and then I'm hibernating, apart from school and if it snows, then I hope it snows enough to make school inaccessible.

Highlighted

Hahaha, even funnier the non funny incidentSmiley Happy!!!

Think the tomato sauce should be incoporated into our fashion mode, on special days we can splash the beetroot, we will be gorgeous..............

Now the tomato sauce goes brick hard sooooooooo that means no hairspray needed, how luckySmiley Happy!!

Had my mammo on the van all ok, nurses superly nice and not sore at all woo hoo, different from hospital cause you are squeezed in ALL directions. Deja Vu, not really cause sat and thought when I was last on the van I had no idea what was going to happen, hurrah it's done.

Lido tomorrow, please this time may it help, today feet very sore againSmiley Frustrated.

Ali hope all goes well for you, fingers crossed, just splash on the beetroot and tomato sauce and you'll be ready for anything xx

Highlighted

Sat eating my lunch in the staffroom. Next to me, on the table, was someone's tub of beetroot. I ate my soup grinning like a loon, imagining what the reaction from my colleagues would be if I started annointing my hair with it. (The beetroot, not the soup - homemade curried parsnip, so too beige for highlights!)

"What're you smirking about?" I couldn't possibly say - had to mention a (not very) funny classroom incident. The trials you lot put me through?! 😄

Highlighted

Aw Katy, I really, really want to know how and why.............thinking of beetroot highlights myself but unless you tell I won't  know how.   However I respect your wishes and won't ask Smiley Frustrated

Had a great weekend did nothing much, son and family came over and I was glad to see them and glad when they left.  Soooo noisy, I'm not used to it but then it's too quiet when they leave.  

About 3 years ago for Xmas my daughter bought me a necklace with a difference.  They are pearls but they are in shades of brown.  I wear it a lot, some of you may have seen it!  Yesterday it fell on the floor in front of me, the string broke!!  I am really narked, thank heavens it was at home and I've collected all the pearls.  When I have it restrung, I might just have it done slightly shorter as I always thought it was a bit too long.

Ali - hoping all your troubles are SE's and nothing serious,  Everything crossed for you.

Highlighted

Haha! Hoping my legs can stay firmly crossed in the breast care unit, otherwise it's all a bit too weird! Expecting they'll want to refer me  to gynae though, suppose I'd need to uncross them there BUT keep bra on. Oh, how confusing this could be.......

Highlighted

Make it a new fashion statement, Katy. Tomato highlights. It's no dafter than some things I've seen! They'll look grand with the rest of the Benchland ensemble! We might even join you. Trendsetters that we are? 😄

Commiserations on your day with the electricians. It's not exactly relaxing having workmen in your home! What were they DOING for seven hours? A complete rewiring job? It's not as if you live in a mansion? Or do you, and you've been keeping it quiet? 😛

No we didn't buy a car. Looked at some possibles, but OH has set his mind on a VW Golf estate, so he's decided to wait until one turns up. I can't argue - I have my own car anyway, and this may well be the last car he has - so providing it's not outrageous, he can have what he wants.

Fingers, toes, arms, eyes and legs crossed for your BC appointment, Ali (well, maybe not legs in the circumstances? Smiley Embarassed) Hope it's just a temporary side effect!

Can't believe it's still only Monday!! 😞

Highlighted

Oh dreary, dreary meSmiley Frustrated!

Today was my only free day and wanted to do stuff around the house.............

Had a call last night asking if it was ok to come and check electrics and fit new smoke alarms etc, said it would prob take a couple of hours, ok, would arrive between eight and nine but prob would be nearer nine, ok.

Five to eight, they arrive and SEVEN hours later they leave.......................

Fun times had by all, hahahaha!!!

Just had an accident with tomato sauce, don't ask how or why but it ended up in my newly washed hair, honestly am giving upSmiley Embarassed!!

Did you purchase a new car JCJ?? xx

Highlighted

Hi Walkabout! Thank you for your reply, and you're certainly not butting in, there's plenty of room on the benches for everyone. Yes, I've read a lot of posts on here from ladies with similar experiences and on another official site (possibly Macmillan, possibly NHS ) it mentions bleeding as a side effect of Anastrozole. I'm assuming they'll suggest investigating which is fine by me, I need to know. Apart from that Walkabout, how are you getting on? 🙂 x

Highlighted

Excuse me for butting in but wanted to reply to Ali's post ....as I have just had a similar thing. I switched to anastrazole in February 2016 after 2 years 10 months on tamoxifen and after several blood tests indicated i was post menopause. I was 51 but had not had chemotherapy. After about 10 weeks I had a light bleed for about 5 days. Discussed with GP who agreed we could wait and see. Nothing for 7 and a half months and then exactly same thing happened christmas week. I went back to gp and she referred me to gynaecology team . Was luck to get seen next day . SCan didn't show anything except a cyst test . A biopsy of lining of womb and blood test have been taken as routine. Presuming they do not show anything then they will rescan in 3 months to check what cyst is doing but she couldn't really explain what is going on.although the tablet info sheet mentions it nobody seems to say oh yes that could be it. I would go and get it checked out but hope fact that my tests so far haven't revealed any Mr nasty may slightly reassure. Good luck. It's horrible when anything like this comes along.good morning to everyone else - I enjoy reading your posts 🙂
Highlighted

Hope all goes well Ali, was just speaking to someone who has just had exactly the same happen, told her to see doc, so great you are seeing BCN.

FF, how scary, glad you reached home safe and sound, DL's old books are the best, full of twists.

JCJ, good news indeedSmiley Happy!

We had fog all day yesterday, which is unusual, made it seem sooooooooo dreary, yuck!

Mammo on Tues, lido Wed, GS Tues and Thurs and meeting on Fri, will be glad when this week is over.

Today my head did that trick, have been up early all this week and didn't have to today, decided to waken at 6, WHY??? Aaah the games..............xx