66437members
350102posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Oh golly gosh, freezing here too no rain but beautiful sunshine, woo hoo!!

Went into town early today, no GS because ED has a viral infection, she has been feeling yuck for weeks, think it's because both children had bugs then she got it too and just all the running around, exams etc, fingers crossed she will be well for her surprise break, she deserves it.

Arm is a mess, phoned clinic today, answering machine, nurse phoned me mid afternoon and said I could have an appt tomorrow, can't do that but have one for next week, am sooooooooo pleased, fantastic serviceSmiley Happy!

On the "bad behaviour" bench purchased another 2 jumpers, just so happy to feel warm haha, plus they have all been in the sales because shops are getting ready for summer.................xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I'm not going to say how much leftover birthday cake was in the shed but..... not even a crumb Katy?  Really not a crumb.....?  Someone can eat more chocolate cake than I can? 

So glad the new clothes are keeping you toastie warm.  Wish you'd said you were meeting Revcat, I'd have sent my best.  Glad you had a lovely lunch and it's lovely to hear that she is ok.

Been much colder here today and non stop rain.  School had a training session and lots of teachers attended and so it was a total mess.  Overtime worked to get it back to it's usual cleanliness, not a problem one of these days I'll get the time back.  I love flexitime, it all works out Smiley Happy.

Community Champion

PS there was not even a crumb left in the shed.......................xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ok where is the cake????

Searched that shed from top to bottom..................

Can't believe you are back to work, time does indeed go soooooooooo quicklySmiley Frustrated.

Had a lovely lunch with RevCat today, she was asking for you bothSmiley Happy! We did our usual non stop blethering and tried to find our way around the shopping centre, we were saying that we think it's around 4 years we have been getting lost in that place hee hee.

I was WARM, woo hoo one big jumper and a polo neck donned, just great so will now have to purchase more cosy clothes, just shows the difference apres ta"poxy"fen xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Chocolate cake? Where? *Wipes mouth as she skuttles out of the shed*

Sorry, girls, it looks like someone's beaten you to it! One small consolation for having to be up so ridiculously early?! 🙂

Back to work. Where did that week go? I bet the next one won't go anything like as fast! 😞

Highlighted
Community Champion

Chocolate birthday cake in the shed, we didn't (couldn't!) eat it all, so rich only a small slice was sufficient.  GD very pleased with her pressies, think the one that went down best was a DIY science experiment on how to make her own stinkbombs!  Feel a bit sorry for daughter and SIL.  But she was also happy with the amount of money she accumulated Smiley Happy 

Hope you feel warmer with your new purchases Katy.  Supposed to get colder here this week after a couple of mild weeks so I'll be wearing warmer clothes too.

Highlighted
Community Champion

That's lovely JCJ, will match garland and tiara methinks!

Am totally fed up listening to what we should eat blah, blah, blah, boring beyond belief says she eating a caramel sliceSmiley Wink!

It has poured with rain here non stop and it's sooooooooooo cold, had to nip into town to pick up some warm jumpers, managed to buy two polo neck sweaters, slippers and pick up the two jumpers I had ordered so very pleased. Perhaps I shall now feel warm??? Didn't realise how much the ta"poxy"fen affected my body temp (apart from the flushes) cause am really cold all the time now.

Face is def less fluffy but still have those crazy randoms appearing from nowhere. JCJ, if you can plait the fluffiness through the garland you will be a winner on the big day hahaha.

Another birthday FF, so many just after Xmas, thought it was bad having two hahaha. Hopefully there will be some cake in the shed.

Went out with a new brolly, think I had taken about ten steps when it blew inside out, another 20 steps and it was only fit for the bin, good job it was a cheapy.

Early bed tonight with electric blanket on full xx

PS, You maybe right regarding hairdresser xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Talking of TEN a day: YD tweeted: "So, eating 10 portions of fruit and vegetables a day will help us live longer. The down side is that we'll spend all the extra time eating vegetables and sh***ing!" 😄 

Not to mention the time required to buy/PREPARE all that veg?

Highlighted
Community Champion

That is not a cauliflower.... or an ivy necklace....but it is lovely and will look really good on the suit. The virtual bridesmaids will make up the vegetable/fruit TEN a day now recommended.  I'm stitching aubergines to my costume as I type.

S&M mirror?........Oooh err?....  No, thanks.  But the M&S mirrors are bad enough, do I really need a 180 degree view of my body?  Nooooooooo!!!!

Have been putting off the visit to hairdresser but must make appt. on Monday.  Looking in MY mirror is beginning to be off putting.  Looking like a wild woman.

Birthday tea tomorrow, GD 12 years old. She is the one who always makes the best cakes but as she is not doing her own, we'll have to make do with what her mother can rustle up!  In the shed from six pm, if we don't eat it all Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have ordered some vegetation to wear on my jacket! 🙂

20170225_212453.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

PPS. I did make a comment about the mirror(s) I had to endure yesterday in the well known department store - now known as Sparks & Menders. However an M&S mirror sounds OK but an S&M mirror is another matter altogether? Sounds incredibly dodgy (cue auto bleeps?!) Lol.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you scared your hairdresser away, KTC? (*ducks*)

I don't know about visiting THAT mirror for a haircut: I may soon have to go there for a face trim! Hair on head still thinning but that on my face is making up for it! 😞 Should I cultivate it to go for the most amazing comb-over when head hair finally gives up altogether? Another 5 years on Tapoxyfen, I may need it?? Perhaps I should just plait it and park it behind my ears?

As to vegetation: friend has suggested a flower on my jacket - as it's a bit business suit without - so cauliflower? Mixed florets? Perhaps an ivy necklace? A floral garland and matching tiara? 😄

PS Too many questions?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Woo hooSmiley Happy!! So glad you have your outfit, now you can just concentrate on The WeddingSmiley Happy!

Think as well you have to feel comfortable and happy in your choice, you have to be youSmiley Happy

Now how are you introducing vegetation? Carrot hat? Lettuce handkerchief? Brocolli bouquet?

Oh my that mirror is truly shocking, thought I looked ok sat down and yikes, is that really me?? Horrified............

Hairdresser is leaving, oh no, will have to find someone else, have been going to same place for years so have no idea where to go?? The only advantage maybe a more flattering mirror? Or should I just face reality? Do I get rid of my home mirrors cause I look completely different in them hahaha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Spent quite a lot  of money on suit for son's wedding.  I was able to wear it again for for daughter's wedding two years later. Only son and daughter recognised it (and didn't mind) as guests were totally different and couldn't tell and it's been hanging in the wardrobe taking up space ever since.  A waste of money?  Yes and no.

So an outfit that can be worn again gets my vote every time.  Going on the pics, both look really good but the suit will not sit in the wardrobe taking up space but will be worn again and be useful and cost effective.

Anything you wouldn't feel comfortable in is a no no.

I need to go that "awful mirror" place too, begining to look too hairy to be seen out in public.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

There'll be 45ish at the wedding and afternoon reception, with another 20 or so coming for the evening. (Not counting virtual bridesmaids! :P) Barbeque lunch. Buffet in evening. Bar all day and YD has insisted there's plenty of tea available because she doesn't want everyone on the booze for 12 hours!!

I have just had a very successful trip to Sparks & Menders! 🙂 Bought wedding outfit! All items practical and will be worn again. The jacket, blouse and cardy were things I wanted to buy anyway, so if I see something better when the spring clothes come in, I can still buy it! Win win situation. 🙂

I got a navy blue skirt suit, a royal blue blouse, and navy cardy - so I've got a variety of layering options depending on the weather. The girls are wearing grey/black, respectively, trouser suits (if they can find them/get them made) and matching royal blue shirts. (If my shirt is too similar, I've promised to get another top - already got a newish one that will do!) I have black knee length boots that look ok with it, and I'll get some sandals, so I'm sorted whatever the weather (refuse to wear tights - even as mother of the bride!!)

I saw a beautiful embroidered dress that actually looked good on, but it was too short - black mini inside with an embroidered net overlay that came to just above my knees. I decided I'd feel uncomfortable in it - definitely haven't got the legs for it! - and £89 was a lot to pay for something that wasn't perfect and I'd probably never wear again! I didn't pay much more than that for all 4 eventual purchases put together!!

Now I just need to lay off the pies so it still fits me in 3 months time!! 😄2017-02-24 16.07.24.jpg20170224_133750.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sounds like fun JCJ, NOT hahaha!!

Really don't fancy that film at all despite all reviews, not into musicals.

Yep "jittery" bench it is, we'll just have Afternoon Teas for a while to cheer ourselves upSmiley Frustrated!

Just made a muggatea and dropped it, geez, had just finished tidying and thought I would relax before showering, going out, not to be obviously...............

Hey ho, am off to "that" mirror place later because my hair is resembling the floor mop again, will be averting eyes continuously.

Still freezing here, no rain or snow but def brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I can send that book if you wish FF.

Forgot to ask JCJ, how many will be attending The Wedding? and did you get hotel sorted? 

ED being whisked away on a short break next week by OH, surprise treat, sounds lovely.

So because of that and Lido, GC will be popping in and out.

YD will not know this week, new position, am really hoping it works out because a few years ago she was offered a very similar position, she ended up being a helper in all different depts which wasn't the actual job so this time she wants clarification, go girl go haha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

As you probably gathered, I'm no further down the Loch! Wish I had gone swimming instead of agreeing to go to the cinema. Next time it's the O**** (sounds a bit like odious!!) I'll decline.! 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

WELL!! Just ...well!! Smiley Mad 

Just been to cinema to see La La Land - because, yet again, I forgot how much I hate the cinema. Anyway, when OH was paying for the tickets the guy said "2 seniors is it?" and OH said "yes" (because HE'S been one for 5 years) over my indignant "NO!" I realised that it was actually saving us money so I shut up. The man on the til was calling OH "chap" what's that? It sounded so patronising and ridiculous. What's wrong with "sir" or just plain old "thank you" without any fake endearments? Oh dear, now I'm behaving like a senior - with 3+ years to go yet!! Senior?! Humph!!

The film was so loud, I've come out with sore ears and a blinding headache. Even though I put my hands over my ears for the loudest bits, I still feel like I've been assaulted! (More senior behaviour??!)

Hope the jitters sort themselves out happily soon, KTC. Hugs.

Tea and cake delivery to the jittery bench. Shall we all adjourn there for the next few weeks? (You'll have to whisper, my head hurts!)

Highlighted
Community Champion

So glad you're ok Katy, but sorry you're still on the jittery bench.  Hope everything works out allright.

No, I haven't read the book, library couldn't get hold of it.  And too many other interesting books to read. Still working on the ones I got for Xmas.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yep all fine here, raining early this morning, turned to snow for an hour or so then back to rain, rain off now but it's been horrifically cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Glad you are all fine apart from carpet falling yikes................can imagine the fright and rattling conservatory, noisy or what??? scary stuff.

I remembered your mammo JCJ cause it's the day of my lidoSmiley Frustrated

So we can sit on the hospital bench next week and then the week after for you FF.

Think it's really great that your daughter is recognising the signs now, hopefully meds will even things out soon.

Still on the "jittery (non medical)" bench think I will be there for a while unfortunately, one of those things I have no control of whatsoever, so trying hard not to let it worry me too much...............deep breaths and carry on.

FF did you read the book??

Just finished another one, enjoyed that too. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

It was more than a tad breezy here too, I was a little worried about my conservatory roof at one point though it's all calmed down now.  But having just watched the national news I think you must have had it much worse.  Hope you have recovered from your fright with the draught excluder....that was more than a draught!  Your mammo next week?  Mine is the week after, we can sit on the waiting for results bench together and eat cake Smiley Happy

Katy, is all ok with you? Are you snowed in? Or blown away? Do we need a rescue party? 

Daughter is doing ok, I really wouldn't know anything was wrong if she hadn't admitted it.  Trying to support her as best I can and that's really just being there for her.  Difference this time is she's not let it go too far before calling for help. She's had ideas on how to help herself and they all make a great deal of sense.  I just need to have that conversation with SIL and tell him what to do, in such a way that he thinks it's all his own idea Smiley Happy  My weekend job!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

It is, indeed, more than a tad breezy here, FF! 

I was sat eating my (very late) breakfast in my favourite armchair by the fireplace (not lit) thinking "I'm soooo glad I'm not in a tent this time - at least I'm under a solid roof. The house is most unlikely to come crashing down around my ears" CRASH! BANG! ARGGH!! WTF?? The piece of carpet covered board that Oh shoved up the chimney as a draught excluder came crashing down just a couple of foot away from me.  Nearly died of fright! And this just a short while after receiving a text from the hospital - reminding me about my mammo next week, but of course I panicked before I realised that's all it was! Better have an ECG too? 😐

Good news about your daughters, KTC - are you off the (not medical) jittery bench now then? 

Hope your daughter is ok, FF. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

All exciting things happening for both your daughters Katy, my fingers crossed for them too!

I did have my fierce face on, it wasn't a shop, a private sale on a selling site and she had to go to this man's house.  Most men are, of course, completely normal and ok but she didn't want to go alone and I don't blame her.

I have hurried to the shed and got that scone, thanks, it was delicious.  Beat you to that one JCJ Smiley Happy

Not a lot happening down here, storm Doris seems as if it will affect you both more than me, so batten down the hatches girls.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sounds like you are having a fabulously, wonderful time JCJ, lots of eating and drinking hahaha!!

Brilliant you are relaxing and enjoying your time with the girlsSmiley Happy!

FF, did you have your "fierce face" on, pacing up and down in front of shop window hee hee!!

Glad your daughter is trying hard not to let "it" be in charge of her, hopefully new meds will help.

Had an emergency call from ED this morning her exam had been changed to 9.00am this morning could I please have GS? So we sat and played all morning, cars vroom vroom and beep beep, getting good at the boystuff haha!!

Brilliant news is she passed, one more to go then final exam in May, fingers are permanently crossed.

YD has been offered a new position at work, it's something she has longed to do, she wants to be assured that she will be learning new things not just the same old, same old, she's scared to be too excited until all is confirmed, hopefully by the end of the week.

Am so excited by all the news that I munched a hot scone with lashings and lashings of cream, only one left so run to the shed asap xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Unlimited breakfast. Skipped lunch apart from 3 biscuits and a mugatea after a short walk along Happisburgh beach (pronounced Haysborough for some unknown Norfolk reason! ) and back along what's left of cliff top. Back to YD's house for mugatea and to hem the other curtain. Bit of a bodge job, I'm afraid, but probably better than either of the girls could - or would - do.
into the city for yummy fish and chips that the pub opposite lets you eat in their bar, supping ale. Brilliant. More pubs/chippies should partner up like that. Some people were taking pints from pub into chippy cafe too!
Then we saw Red Shoes Ballet at the theatre, because OH wanted to. It was sold out, but we were lucky to get 3 returned tickets (D-I -L not with us, she was volunteering at Norwich Beer Festival! ) YD & I both enjoyed it more than we thought we would. Only went to humour OH! ! 🙂
Home tomorrow. CBA bench awaits!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Been bodyguard to daughter today.  She has bought a keyboard for GD's birthday from a local ad and went to collect it today and took me along so she wouldn't be alone with the 'male' seller!  I just stood by the car and looked menacing Smiley Tongue How much should I charge her for that?   

And I've now got this keyboard on my kitchen worktop and she wants me to read the manual and work out how to use it so that I can show GD.  So far all I've discovered that all it seems to do is hip hop, garage, house or trance and does that make any sense to me?  NO!  But it probably will to GD, she's been using keyboards at school and has wanted one of her own.

Not too many of those "unlimited breakfasts" JCJ or you'll be needing to buy more plants to cover yourself for the wedding.  Thanks for the hugs, daughter nowhere near as bad as she was 18 months ago, just in need of a bit of TLC  and a boost.  February is a depressing month, I feel it too, but spring is around the corner. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hugs from me too. I know what it's like living with people who struggle with mental health. February has always been a tough month gor them. Taking control and realising she needs help is good. I hope they sort her meds and she feels better soon.

I'm in Norwich Travelodge. Spent the evening at the girls' house. Admired the decorating. YD cooked pulled pork with mash & veg followed by apple crumble & custard. Yum! I hemmed up a curtain for them that was covering a radiator. Will do the other one tomorrow - if we can ever drag ourselves away from the unlimited breakfast! 😉
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you for the hugs Katy, much appreciated.  Daughter is trying to take control of her situation rather than have it control her.  I might have to have a few words with her husband, he's great, a real support to her, but he doesn't always "get it". Interferring  is not an option but a few well chosen words in a conversation can sometimes help.  I've done it before!  I'll do it again!

Back to school and it seems they all thought... .....just how much mess can we make?  An awful lot was the answer. Sorted it and all is well..

Why does everyone I meet want to tell me that the weather is going to get much colder?  I'm so enjoying this mild weather and dread the thought of it turning cold.  Don't talk about it let me enjoy the warmer weather.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yep am thinking vegetation a fabulous idea JCJ, if you are peckish you can munch away during the ceremony, think of the lovely colours you can mix and match with, gorgeousSmiley Happy

Better than a skirt or dress especially one that attacks you................

Aaaah FF, so sorry your daughter is not doing too well, fingers crossed meds work quickly and your GD, so sad, hoping things get easier for her, big, big hugs flying your way.

Went to "posh" cafe for our customary hot choc today, big slurpy cup with a fern type swirly design nice taste, different but nice.

Went to see GD, she was superly happy, woohoo, she is having a jammy dodger cake which is now in shed so please help yourselvesSmiley Happy!!

YD safely home.

Couldn't be bothered making tea sooooooo went to "chippie" am now away to lie on the "blobby" bench xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I think going dressed in vegetation is an excellent idea JCJ, just think of the verdant greens and the colour possibilities!  Seriously I hope you find something soon or at least before the date Smiley Tongue  I have enjoyed my half term enormously and feel quite happy to go back tomorrow.  I hope yours is as as good and you recharge your batteries.

Daughter is not too good again but she had the sense to realise it and took herself to the Drs. and got her meds. adjusted.  So I'm providing TLC again and keeping an eye on her.  Makes me feel bad as I should have known but she is so good at hiding it and being "normal".  

Weather is lovely, nice and mild and set fair to remain that way for the next few days.

Glad your new rug is saving you hoovering and exasperation Katy.  Double figures?  Where does time go?  Enjoyed the cake. There will be more in six days as yet another birthday. Another GD turning 12. Still trying to settle in at secondary school.  She's on the spectrum and doesn't find social interactions easy and the transition from junior school is not proving easy for her.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Just been shopping to afore mentioned large garden centre for wedding outfit. It's got other shops - I'm not planning on going dressed in vegetation! 😛

Found a lovely (on the hanger) dress and jacket. The dress (or the mirror? Or both?) made me feel fatter than before I lost the weight and the jacket bit me as I put it on!! The card label gave me a 2" long paper cut across my neck! Smiley Mad

As I came out of the changing room the alarms were going off. OH had attempted to try on a leather coat and had pulled at the wires connecting it to an alarm system!! Staff rushing about to fix the situation. Can't take - or leave - him anywhere!!

Then I went to EWM outlet and saw some possibilities, but nothing that really grabbed me enough to try anything on. May go back there if all else fails. I did, however buy a half price micro fleece gilet to replace the one that's massive on me, so that was a bonus. And YD will be highly amused that I went shopping for a wedding outfit and bought a fleece! 😄

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oops almost forgot new rug is great, shows no fluff etc, has taken a little while to get used to it but no picking up little bits or hoovering all the time woo hoo!! xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Just hit the "CBA" bench JCJ, you are doing brilliantly so one week off will not hurtSmiley Happy!

Have been on the "jittery" bench, no medical reason just worried about other things.............Smiley Frustrated

YD is off on her first hol of the year, just a few days and nowhere warm haha!

Am sure I say this every year but am freezing most of the time, hate being sooooooooo cold, no healthy eating restarted yet, bad behaviour indeed. Am blaming it on the cold weather, well that's my excuse anyway.

GD is having her birthday day out today so cake in shed later, she will be in double figures on MonSmiley Happy, where does the time go???xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Now swum as far as Invermoriston - I reckon I've got 5 weeks left - but may not go next week as it's half term and we might be busy - or I just might decide I CBA??

One more get up then 9 no get ups. Can't wait.

Highlighted
Community Champion

No red pens at GD's school eitherSmiley Happy!!

Ali, they are being really thorough, fingers crossed for good news.

Glad you are not snotty now JCJ, coughs seem to be the order of the day around here.

Just went along to dentists for my check up, large queue, lady said "just go in front of me" thanked her profusely and gave receptionist my details, she couldn't find me anywhere???

Well there was a reason for that my appt is not until NEXT month, exit one red faced moiSmiley Embarassed!!

Marbles have gone AGAIN..................xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Whoops. Bleary-eyed early morning. Misread your post, Ali. Didn't see "can't".  But I'll let my previous reply stand! 😄

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yep!  

Maybe that's why their behaviour is going down the pan??? 😛

Highlighted

No red pens??? You'll be telling me next you can't give out stars....

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

We don't use red marking pens any more, Ali; green or black depending whether Teacher/TA.

4 to 6 weeks is a horribly long time to wait but keep positive - if it's serious you'll hear sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.

I seem to have escaped the snotty bench remarkably quickly. Oh no! That's probably tempting fate, many of my colleagues have complained that the bug has gone and come back again several times. 😞

2 more get ups. Nearly there!

Highlighted

Hello all, happy valentines 🙂

Well, scans done, internal scans and biopsy done (uncomfortable and unpleasant, as these things are, but hey - I'm still gratefully for them). No sign of any polyps, but there is thickening of the womb lining hence the biopsy. 4 -6 weeks to wait for the results. Staff were lovely but offered no information as to what thickening of the womb indicates other than that it's a symptom of cancer. I don't believe it is that, I think it's tam /Anastrozole . Anyway, I'll find out soon enough 🙂

Ive had a new cd for valentines - Rag n Bone Man, wonderful voice! Heard him on Jools Holland Hootnonnay (however its spelt, put those red marking pens away!!!) on New Years Eve. Off for another listen :)xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Shame about dinner but you managed your five a day in one sitting hahaSmiley Happy!

Glad you at least enjoyed the "cake in the shed".

Have just munched a caramel and pecan slice, soooooooo yummy so lots in the shed but you'll have to be quick...............

aaaaaaaaah poor snotty JCJ, no swimming for you this week, early beds for the next 4 nights, if you are on a bench just ring the bell and I will skateboard over asap.

Hope all goes well today Ali.

Baby sleeping, he loves his bed, just like his nannie. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm on the snot-filled bench. 😞 Everyone at school has had it for weeks. Thought I'd escaped ,- again. 4 more days. I can do this.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oops, sorry if I worried you, just routine tests with the respiratory nurse.  As there are are so many meds. available they check to see that I'm on the right ones or if I need anything stronger.  Could have done with something stronger today, it's been freezing cold here and that makes me worse.  It is supposed to be about eight degrees warmer tomorrow so I should be a lot better. Roll on summer!

Went to daughter's today for dinner, she is a good cook so I was looking forward to it but this was one of her "I'm having a disaster days".  She did a roast gammon with a honey glaze but it was so salty I couldn't eat it. So a rather vegetarian dinner for me. Still it was nice to see her and catch up as we've not been together much these last few weeks as I've been keeping away from their colds.

Although I know nothing about teaching, one thing I have picked up on from school is that the leadership and management of the school sets the standards.  So you are not c**p JCJ, your management team is c**p!

Hard to believe your baby is two Katy.  Thank you for the cake, delicious and much enjoyed as I missed out on two lots of birthday cake earlier.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Were there any positives JCJ?? Really dislike all the negativity that is thrown around nowadaysSmiley Frustrated

Rant as much as you like, even if its vaguelySmiley Wink!

Are they the best meds, FF? Hope you are doing ok.

Baby's birthday party today, woo hoo, he along with several mates are attending a local sports centre, playing, eating and cake are the order of the day. He will be 2 next week, can you believe it???

Soooooooooo cake in shed later this afternoon...............think it's paw patrol related haha or a car??? xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad the tests were nothing scary, FF, had me worried for a while!

My hard working colleagues and I are slowly coming to terms with being thoroughly C**P at our jobs - even inadequate!! I just had a rant about the gross unfairness of some of the comments, before remembering this is a public forum and deleting it!! Roll on next week. Took delight in being over half way through the school year now. We can do this - (even while they are throwing **** at us!)

Been trying to snow here, on and off, all day, but it's not come to anything...Yet!

Highlighted
Community Champion

My tests were only to make sure that my meds. are the best ones for me and they are at the moment.  May need to be changed as time goes on, so I'm ok.  Hope that your tests go as well Ali.

Can't comment JCJ?  I think you did.  Onwards and upwards indeed!

Hope you can love the new rug Katy. Even if it's only for the less hoovering it causes.

Very cold here today and forecast to be colder still over the weekend, so I'll be hibernating apart from a trip to the library.  Monday is supposed to be much milder so perhaps I'll venture out then.

Half term, YAY!  So going to enjoy this coming week.  Sorry JCJ, but you'll get your own back the next week.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Love it swimming and playing at the same time, beautiful scene indeedSmiley Happy!!

FF and me will join in on approach, it's gonna be good.

Kilt is very heavy therefore a kilt like swimming costume maybe more beneficial, will knit one for you as long as you sew it togetherSmiley Happy!

Reports, reports so many reports nowadays that never usually work, it's tiring............

Good luck FF and Ali, fingers crossed for you both, xx.

Just purchased a new rug for the hall, only bought the one it's replacing last year, loved the colour, loved the pattern, BUT, shows every speck of fluff known to man sooooooooooooooooo will be glad to see the back of itSmiley Frustrated Hopefully won't have to HOOVER now every other day or pick up little bits constantly, woo hoo xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

It was originally a straight spoonerism, FF: Sparks and Mensers, but my autocorrect changed it to Sparks and Menders and I CBA to go back and edit - and anyway it was funnier! 🙂

THAT report finally arrived in school. Parents haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment, but 😞 Grrrrr! Onwards and upwards. The only way is up from here!

Swam another mile and a bit tonight - just passed a place called Alltsigh, according to my swimfit map. About 6 miles left. I shall swim the last mile in my kilt, playing the bagpipes. 🙂

Good luck, Ali and FF with your gynae appointment and tests. Fingers crossed. xx

Highlighted

Spinning kilts? Whatever next? 🙂

My gynae appt has come through, for Valentines day. Hmm, not so romantic 😉 the letter invites me to attend a one stop specialist clinic for women who "are at risk of developing cancer of the lining of the womb ". Good job I don't panic easily isn't it?? Apparently one of the tests is an ultrasound on my lower abdomen , on a full bladder. Not looking forward to that, my bladder's holding capabilities have recently taken on an approach of "you'll needed a wee in a minute or two. Actually you need to wee now. Ah, no, you need a mop". Ah well 🙂

Highlighted
Community Champion

If I try to spin on my head with a kilt over my head the result could be a very tight knot and possibly concussion!   And what do I wear under my kilt?  That could be too much for some spectators Smiley Happy

Actually Katy, I've just realised this is not a competition, it is a celebration of JCJ's achievement of swimming the Loch. 

Sparks & Menders, honestly LOL!  Will always call it that from now on!  EWM is a good idea, a lot of my wardrobe is from them.

Back to Drs. tomorrow, more tests.  Do they ever end?