63367members
333413posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Ooh yes, please. Really? Can I?  I'm on the way. No parsnips please, I'll try the cauli (not had it like that before).  Kale? Yes, love it but not had it fried in oil and garlic.  Try anything once!  Won't have room for dessert!  Truly I wish this wasn't virtual Smiley Sad

Hope that letter is there on your mat tomorrow, do they not know what quick or slow letters do to us? TBH I'd phone on Tuesday and pretend I'd got dates muddled up! Smiley Tongue 

I hope your daughter finds the perfect wedding suit soon and doesn't have to settle for something that will *do*.  Has her partner found one?

Pink blanket is just so lovely.  I do know someone who has about 5 days to due date but we don't know if pink or blue is needed.   I'll get my daughter to message her.

Iv'e moved between the CBA bench, the reading bench and I've found a new one......the doing arrow-words bench.  I kid myself that I'm keeping my brain active (use it or lose it)!  So, not a lot of cleaning, in fact, NO cleaning Smiley Embarassed Tomorrow I will.......

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

You want to come to dinner tonight, FF? 😜

Roast chicken

Roast potatoes

Roast parsnip

Yorkshire pudding

Cauliflower in honey mustard dressing

Smashed roots (swede, carrot & parsnip mash)

Kale fried in olive oil & garlic

Lashings of chicken gravy

Followed by "Pink Stuff" (a raspberry milk jelly/mousse on a digestive biscuit crumb base with cream piped on top)

Leftovers (who am i kidding?) will be in the shed. Help yourselves.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I have used up some ends of balls of pink 'wool', inherited from my sister, to knit a patchwork baby blanket. If you know of anyone having a 'pink' baby and might like it, I am selling it, via Mr Futon, in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support in my sister's memory. Let me know if you know anyone who may be interested. (I nearly sold it in aid of BCC, but as she died of leukaemia not BC, it didn't seem 'right'!)

20170319_140050.jpg

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Trying really hard to stop obsessing about that letter - that still hasn't arrived- but I'm not doing very well. OH just took something out of the letter box (twang!) and I immediately thought "it's here!" It's a SUNDAY!! Of course it's not here. It was the "improved ware" catalogue!

I suppose it's the five year thing, but the fact that she had to take extra scans at the mammo, has really rattled me, so the delay in getting any results, far from making me think "No news is good news" is playing on my mind. Smiley Sad I have told myself (repeatedly) to get a grip and just wait for Thursday when I can phone. But I don't seem able to take my  own advice!

YD has helped to distract me by announcing that she will be doing her "usual Mothers' Day visit" next weekend, and that we will have to spend some of it suit shopping. She still hasn't found anything for the wedding! "Cancel the photographer, I'm wearing my pyjamas" So I've been googling to see which of the local towns have shops she hasn't already tried. That's the trouble with everywhere having the same chain stores! If she and her friend scoured Birmingham (walking 11 1/2 miles in the process!!) with no luck, then I'm not confident we will do any better. Time is running out!

Did you get your cleaning done, FF? Or are you, like me and KTC still glued to the CBA bench? Smiley Tongue. I was on the reading bench yesterday. Downloaded the book we are reading with the class at school: The boy in the striped pyjamas (no, not YD at her wedding!) Brilliant. Read it in one day. Now I've got to try not to give anything away when we are working on it at a school! 

Really should get on with the Sunday jobs: ironing, sorting out so dinner, tidying in garden. I'll just have another coffee before i get in the shower and get dressed......

Four hours and 3 cuppas later.....?

Community Champion

Sunshine here today, woo hoo still cold though brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

All quiet, thank goodness, she says munching birthday cake and slurping a muggatea.

Bought a dress yesterday, a once a year/2 year event, am hoping it's nice cause I have too many in my wardrobe that I never wear. Will have to have a clearout, a ruthless one this time...............that's if I can get off the "CBA" bench...............unlikely..........xx

Community Champion

Birthday cake in the shed. SIL's birthday, one with a nought on the end!  I bought him a present (obviously) and he seemed pleased with it I think,( or he's a good actor!). Youngest grandaughter climbed into the box it came in and daughter amused herself popping the bubble wrap.  Three people happy with one present.......got to be a record.Smiley Happy

TGIF. Although school was quite tidy today and not the horrible mess it was in yesterday.  Every day is different.......keeps me on my toes!

Expecting a quiet weekend as family all busy elsewhere, hoping I wake up tomorrow in cleaning mode as my house could do with it. I've done the washing tonight so hopefully I've got a jump start on it!

Community Champion

Oh no JCJ, we are ALL waiting for that letter for you, fingers crossed it's very soon.

My last one from the hospital was almost 6 weeks and believe it or not I had forgotten all about it until around the 5th week, then I suddenly realised "where's that letter??".

Your pain may disappear when it arrives, the brain always goes into overdrive, hugs to you xx

Your cottage looks lovely, is it for 2 weeks?

Trip to the dentist tonight, have to have some treatment, a crown, a little niggle every so often, dentist thinks it's a crack cause nothing showing on xray, not bad as it's a long time since I had anything done.

A giant SPOT has decided to appear on the side of my nose, what?? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Still.  No.   Letter.

Pain in boob - probably the old nerve damage rearing its ugly intermittent head - exacerbated by worry and that pesky What If demon. "What if the letter's got lost?" "Shut up. If I'd missed an appointment they would have contacted me" "Would they? Wouldn't they just mark you DNA?" Arrrghhh. "Only" another week to wait until I can phone if the letter's still not here.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

This: http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/Yorkshire-Dales-North-Hamsterley/South-Byre-11501.html

My optician said I had the very small beginning of a cataract too. Ta'poxy'fen related possibly. But no significant change after 2 years. Who knows after another 5 though?

Still no letter. Taking tea and cake (Home made Victoria sponge with lemon cream cheese icing and home made plum jam. Also buttered toasted bun loaf - from local bakery)  to the waiting bench. Everyone (waiters and non-waiters) welcome to join me. Booked that holiday and am now having to contend with the what if demon. Have I been too hasty? It's a lot of cash to chuck away if.....

And I've just seen the bill for the drive! Smiley Sad Ooh er! 

Glad you are treating yourself, Ali. Did Hump and Dink join you for your healing massage? Smiley Very Happy

Sit down as much  as poss KTC, and rest those poor ouchy feet. xx

Community Champion

Aaaah Ali that sounds greatSmiley Happy, you should treat yourself especially when you are waiting.............

FF, good no new glasses needed, fab that teacher cleaned up so thoroughly and mmmmm about cataract, when my gran had her op many moons ago you were in hospital for a week now it seems to be so routine, hopefully will stay small for a long, long time.

Remember JCJ, no news is good news, hugs to you.

Yes, cottage or caravan??? xx

Treated myself to a back massage today, found a therapist who does seated massage because I find lying on my implant very uncomfortable. Anyway, turns out she's a tained nurse who worked in ITU and hospices for many years , she understands the after effects of chemo and hormone treatments and she's currently training in lymphatic massage. The massage was blissful, will save up for another treat!

Still no results, I'm optimistically interpreting that as them having no urgent need to see me yet....

Community Champion

No, mirror not so cruel this time but I looked so bad at the beginning that the end could only be good and my home mirrors are now saying YAY, FF is back and looking goooood! (As good as I ever do!) Smiley Happy

Eye test went mostly well, no change to prescription so no expenditure on new glasses needed, phew! Thank goodness for that.  Mostly refers to the info that she saw just the tiniest beginnings of a cataract, she doesn't want to see me for another two years so I'm not going to worry about that now.

As this is my most expensive month of the year, winter gas and electric bills, car insurance, home insurance (I'm on all the comparison websites!)  I'm so glad I don't need to spend out money on new glasses. Just browsing around the shop in case, all the ones I fancied were over £100. And I like the ones I've got more!

Get those painkillers down you Katy, better than having sore feet!  I'm sorry that they are causing you pain despite the lido.

School........supply teacher apologised for the mess in her classroom, said she'd brushed up and wiped down but she was sorry there might be be bits on the floor!  Her classroom was almost immaculate. Can she please give lessons to my usual teachers?

Glad you're booked JCJ and a bonus that your OH picked your favourite. Caravan or cottage? You didn't say.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OH picked my favourite of the 6 accommodation suggestions I found: 1 caravan and 5 cottages. He chose the one closest to Durham. It is now booked for first 2 weeks in August - and extra bonus: it's Friday changeover, so no issue with travelling on Saturday! 

Not sure if our camping days are over. Probably. Although I shall still go for a few days with YD if she still wants to. 

Still no NHS letter but I thought it was here. Saw a letter on the table with a logo in the corner, as I walked through the door. But it was from the bank about my fixed term ISA that ends at the end of the month. Hmmmm. Keep waiting. Smiley Indifferent

Community Champion

Sounds lovely are you doing 2 weeks JCJ?Smiley Happy Is tenting now over???

Guest book and new driveway, woo hoo is it finished?

Yay to you too FFSmiley Happy, glad that mirror wasn't too cruel haha.

We are off to Gran Canaria will be there same time as "The Wedding", that's why I'm broomsticking in with FF.

Had GS today, he's turning into the "wild one" Smiley Happy, we were playing hide and seek and he's now walking around in front of me with his eyes closed, I can't find him, oh no haha. He does bring a huge smile to my face.

My feet are oh so killing me am thinking geez if they are this sore with the lido, what would they be like without?? Will have to do something ie painkillers which I hate taking grrrrrrrrr xx

Community Champion

Wow, your dinner sounds delicious.  Why didn't you you invite me?  Come on, you know that the later the letter is, the better the news. Only bad news travels fast.  Just why my letter after THREE days scared me to death!

Had the haircut, mirror wasn't too bad, I did look shocking in it before hairdresser started but then began to to look a bit more like myself as she cut the hair away.  A wash and blow dry later (at home,  so not paying for that, my Yorkshire upbring showing through!) I look totally like myself again Smiley Happy

Tomorrow eye test, hope I don't have the palaver that went on two years ago, glasses I've got now are fine, sure no change is needed, only going for the retinal photography and possible Ta'poxy'fen changes.  And it's FREE!

Lovely day today, mild, sunny, the daffs are  out in the hedgerows, spring is around the corner!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Wedding guest book arrived at long ****** last, but still no letter. This has, stupidly, sent me into a quivering wreck, even though I KNOW that if it was a recall I would have received it by now! Put it down to Monday evening over-tiredness. Didn't sleep well last night. Overdid the fat content of Sunday dinner: probably not a good idea to have roast potatoes, roast parsnips, roast beetroot AND kale fried in olive oil and garlic with lamb and then follow it with maple syrup steamed suet puddings?! All of the above delicious (even if I do say so myself! Smiley Tongue) but quite lethal in combination when one has no gallbladder! Still digesting it now!! Smiley Sad

Men came to give (give??? Who am I kidding? It's costing us a flipping fortune!) us a new drive today. Stripped off the granite chippings - very pretty and eco friendly (water drains down through rather than running off) but a b***er to walk on. Son made it a few years ago. Tarmac coming on Wednesday. Neighbour kindly offered to let us park on her drive. Several times this evening, I have looked out of the window and thought "Ooh! M. has got a visitor with a car just like mine!" What a dingbat? Heading over to the senility bench. Smiley Embarassed

Community Champion

A lovely day, spent mostly on the CBA bench but I have tidied up/cleaned some areas and done some dusting, couldn't be a***d to get the hoover out, there's always tomorrow for that.

Quite a busy week coming up, hairdressers tomorrow for a much needed haircut but oh, THAT mirror.

Think I'll just keep my eyes shut. Tuesday is eye test, Wednesday trying to find SIL a birthday pressie, Thursday Nurse to see how new meds are....so much better,  why didn't they give them to me two months ago?........perhaps 'cos I didn't complain enough and just struggled on. As we do.

Recovered from my fright over that letter and now inclined to punch the air and shout YAY!!  Five years, made it!  Although I know it could all go tits up at any time.  Pun definitely intended Smiley Tongue

It's warm and sunny 'dahn sahth west'  but I'm an awful lot of miles away from Eastbourne.  I'm sure they'll have a good break whatever the weather.

Glad you have found *it* Katy, half and half is good, keep on with it!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OH read something in a book about the North Pennines, somewhere we've never been, so I've been looking at cottages, lodges and caravans in that area - between Yorkshire Dales and Northumbria. Found some lovely ones that are available for the weeks we want (some ONLY those weeks, so I'd better get a move on!) Just got to get OH to help choose which one. (It's got to be his idea. 35 years of marriage has taught me that!! Smiley Tongue)

Lovely day today. Warm and sunny. Hope it's the same 'dahn sahth' as the girls are on holiday in Eastbourne for a long weekend (my Christmas present to them! I gave them the cash, they chose the holiday)

When/where are you going, KTC?

Community Champion

ooops, forgot to ask where are you thinking of going JCJ? xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Woo hoo scooby/booby dooSmiley Happy!! Brilliant news FF, whew!!

So pleased your daughter is out and about.

Just you now JCJ, fingers and toes crossed.

Have not booked in yet because yesterday paid balance of hol and funds are now depleted, haha, hopefully at end of the month will book, am going to do the 3 days again. Just gives me that extra time to rest before the mammoth task of talking non stop, eating at Rita's, Afternoon Tea (no butter/marg) and drinking those huge cups at that pubSmiley Happy!

Pleased no issues with OH JCJ, remember we were going to allow him to come, no contact though haha!

I found "it" under the radiator, woo hoo, am doing ok just doing half and half because I'm still on the "jittery" bench as I'm there for a while will have to keep moving popping over to the "FB" bench will have devoured at least 100 A Tea;s by the time it's over................xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Woohoo!! Great news, FF, but i can imagine how nerve wracking *that* letter was. Mine came back pretty quick last year and freaked me out!

I'm still on the jittery bench. Hope my letter comes soon - was told it would be about 10 days but to wait 3 weeks before 'chasing it up' by phone. 

Community Champion

Where has my post gone?  I only wanted to edit out the typos?

Once again....  I went to local supermarket today for two reasons.  One, to get get a few food items.  Two, to get the car washed,  local fire brigade were washing cars to raise money for their charity.  My filthy dirty, muddy brown car is now a gleaming silver again.  I was generous as my car was obviously the dirtiest in the queue Smiley Embarassed

Came home, oh, post has arrived, picked it up and there's a letter with the hospital postmark!   I was scared, really, really scared it's TOO SOON.  Opened it with shaking hands and "mammo shows no worrying features".  Had to read it three/four times before it sank in. 

Daughter called in today, she's out and about again, so nice to see her.

Yes, you're still picking me up on the broomstick Katy,  will there be room for all the alliburgers?  The alligators were quite fat and easy to wrangle and made a lot of burgers. I've frozen them ready for May.

Keep looking for *it* and use *it*, You don't want to end up on my meds!! 

Community Champion

I went out this morning to local supermarket for two reasons, one, to get a few food items and two, to get the car washed, as the local fire brigade were car washing to raise money for their charity.  So a good cause and a filthy dirty, muddy car is now gleaming.  I was generous as my car was definitely the dirtiest in the queue Smiley Embarassed

Back home, oh, the postman has been.  Picked up post, one of them has hospital postmark!  Instant panic, really, really scared, don't think I've EVER been so scared.  It's TOO SOON!  You can imagine how I felt BUT all is ok, mammo shows "no worrying features"!  I had to read it three/four times before it sank in. It's only been three days since mammo, I was so sure it was a recall. 

Daughter called in this afternoon, I haven't seen her for 10 days and that must be a record but she has recovered from her bug and is mostly back to her usual self.  We have made tentative plans for next week. So it's looking to be busy - haircut Monday (much needed! But THAT mirror!) eye test Tuesday, birthday pressie shopping Wednesday, Nurse Thursday.  Friday.......

Upped meds seem to be doing their job. I have felt much better today.

Keep looking for *it* Katy, please! And use it! Yes, you're still picking me up on the broomstick but will you have room for the alliburgers I've got prepared?  There's quite a lot of them, the alligators were very fat but that made them easier to wrangle.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm booked in too! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Had to wait until I'd told OH ("told", you notice, not "asked"!! Smiley Happy ) but he's fine with it. Said he enjoyed last year: listening to his operas at full volume.

Looking forward to it and hoping we've not tempted fate with mammo results still to come! Smiley Indifferent Going to discuss our summer holiday (while OH in a good mood!) but not sure if I dare book that yet (cancellation insurance costs almost as much as holiday with both our pre-existing conditions!) Need to book soon as places are booking up fast ... but perhaps one more week....?

Mr Futon parcel STILL not come - he claimed it was returned to him undelivered, and he would repost it Last Tuesday! - it's the wedding guest book, so i may have to have a plan 'B'. Smiley Sad

How's "IT" going, Katy? - when you haven't lost it? (No she's not doing anything dodgy folks, so don't worry! Smiley Tongue)
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

On the can't keep my eyes open bench. Soooo very very tired.

Community Champion

hahaha JCJ, what's your girl likeSmiley Happy!! At least M of the B will be fleeceless.............

FF and me will really stand out in our dresses hahaha.

Am I still picking you up FF on the broomstick?

Aaah you are doing so well 3 miles to go?? my goodness you must be superly fit.

Yes will be doing more for ED, will just have to wait and see what happens, she will know hopefully sometime this month if she is to be accepted, she only has 1 uni nearby so not many options. She has had places offered to her from uni's in England but thats an impossible commute haha............

Soooooooo excited about MMU5, am def going to pack shorts this year, how fast are you FF??

Will message RevCat.

Out to lunch today, it was mediocre, dessert lovely but main pretty tasteless, so will be looking for somewhere different next time.

Am on the "driving me crazy" bench, have been searching on and off for "it" replacement and cannot find it anywhere, WHERE IS IT??????????????? xx

Community Champion

I'm booked in, hope I get a room away from any arguing couples this year!  Looking forward to it.

Your YD definitely has her priorities right re the food JCJ, I'm enjoying it already, shall we send her some alliburgers just in case there's a shortage?  The alligators are quite fat now because of all the guilt recently thrown in the lake and I'm a qualified wrangler!  Just say the word and I'll get busy.

Nooooooo, still say your arm is worse than mine Katy, as mine was temporary and is now ok.  No fluey symptoms , so I think I've got away with that. Taking first dose of upped meds tonight, will see what happens?

School is all ok, no problems, no dramas but I'm soooo glad it's Friday and I get two days off Smiley Happy 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Now at Knockie Lodge, KTC. Swam 68 lengths tonight -even though I was soooo tired I really had to force myself to go. 191 lengths left to swim: just under 3 miles. Will be n Fort Augustus in 3 weeks time. 😁🏊

I thought I was swimming quite fast when someone shot past me. Grrrr! Then I noticed she was holding a float and only using her legs! Just **** OFF!!

Message from YD. She's been shopping today. Still no suit for the wedding, but she's booked the hire of cake tins and a cake stand and checked with the caterers that paying for "3 meats" really does mean that each guest can have a hot dog AND a burger AND thyme & honey chicken fillet with salads: "there's always loads of food at a barbecue" I am glad she is prioritising! She may end up getting married in jeans and a fleece, but she will make sure the wedding guests are well fed! Smiley Happy I brought her up well! Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Yes, those are the dates FFSmiley Happy haha!

Soooo pleased your mammo was not sore whew!!

Good you now have lots of supplies and brilliant that your meds are sorted now. Your arm is prob much sorer than mine, mine just feels heavy, that's all.

Glad also to hear daughter is on the mend.

Where are you now JCJ??? How many more miles?

Clinic visit went well, she is very pleased re my arm, it has gone up by 1 cm which she said was a very small increase. Am going to try another type of sleeve/glove and will go back to make sure it fits properly. Have thin wrists so sleeve ends up baggy at the hand which then encourages lynn to misbehave............if it fits properly at the hand, arm it ends up too tight at the top, fingers crossed this one is better xx

Community Champion

Those dates fine by me. Also usual places.  

Seen respiratory nurse today, meds have been upped and I've also had a pneumonia jab.  She said it might make my arm ache and give me fluey symptoms.  Well she wasn't kidding, my arm feels as if it's going to drop off if I move it too much Smiley Sad  No other symptoms yet. I now have steroids and antibiotics in a cupboard to take if I need them (and a leaflet as to when I would need them) especially if I become ill over a weekend. 

I'm sure that my arm feels nowhere near as bad as yours Katy. Do those dates suit you? Told you I'd lost the plot about dates, if they suit you as well as JCJ and me, I'll go ahead and book for the 22nd - 24th Aug. and hope I beat you both for the cheaper deals!

Daughter is slowly improving, nothing too serious but still feeling fragile, SIL has taken two days off work to look after her and the children but she's recovered enough to be giving him orders today. Just a matter of time until she's back on her feet.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry your daughter is not well, FF. Hope she feels better soon. 

Weehoo! About painless mammo. Smiley Happy

Now just the "fun" waiting part. Have some more choc pear cake with chocolate sauce. My awaited parcels (Mr Futon purchases) still not arrived either, so every return to the house is with expectation mixed with trepidation. Smiley Indifferent

Are we going for Tuesday 22nd August to Thursday 24th then. Is everyone ok with that? Usual places? 

Will you be doing more babysitting when ED starts uni then Katy? (apart from when we're stealing you away!) She'll be REALLY busy once she starts teaching, if it's the same up there as it is in England. I hope she gets in and enjoys it.

I hope you manage to get Lynn sorted out, Katy: tell her where to go!! xx

Community Champion

Daughter is totally rough so I was on my own.  Got to hospital and found a parking space, yay Smiley Happy  Oh no, change of rules can't park there Smiley Sad Drove  to another car park area and saw a small space, thought " that's not big enough" then "I'll try it" so I did and it WAS big enough Smiley Very Happy £3 in the meter for a ticket.

Walked three miles (well it felt like it) to Unit. Waited, looked at a magazine (do I care if Cheryl Wotshername is having a baby?) and got called in.  Same room, same radiographer as last year. And a totally painfree mammo happened. Yes, you read that right, NO pain!  Now on jittery waiting for result bench, cake is lovely.

I've lost the plot over dates, you two work it out and I'll fit in, I can do any time in Aug. just tell me when Smiley Happy

Community Champion

No JCJ, we'll just go for that weekSmiley Happy 22nd onwards otherwise too much trouble and bother haha!

Am giving ED plenty of notice, if she suceeds, she will be starting uni that week but OH will be able to help out so all fine.

Hope daughter is better FF, so you have company and a nice lunch, let us know how you get on.

Am away to leave shortly to see about Lynn, such a brat................xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Good luck tomorrow, FF. Hope daughter well enough to do lunch. Wishing you minimum pain and speedy 'normal' results. xx

See you on the jittery bench for tea and cake tomorrow afternoon. Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

The first Saturday in August is 5th (have to go Sat to Sat or Fri to Fri if not camping) so we'll be away until 19th so I can only do the week before if I leave OH in the holiday cottage/caravan/cabin and travel down from Northumbria - probably not a viable option. However, not back to school until  training day on 1st September, so I could do 29th - 31st, (but that is the bank holiday week so Traveldodge might be dearer) I suppose there's no law that it has to be Tuesday to Thursday either? Smiley Happy

I'll look into trains from up north, tomorrow, to see if it would be possible. Got to go to bed now. Knackered.

Community Champion

I can do either week, not a problem for me.

Lunch depends on daughter. If I'm on my own I'll just come straight home.

Community Champion

Those dates suit me just fine.  Also excited and looking forward to breakfast at Rita's!

I know those kinds of days Katy, I seem to have lots of them Smiley Happy. Hope today has been better.

Mammo tomorrow, daughter was going to come with me but both she and GD are under the weather so I think I'm on my own.  Final decision on whether she comes is tomorrow at 8am.  I know she'll come if she can but I'll be ok on my own.   

Community Champion

All the very best to you for tomorrow FF, fingers crossed x
Have a lovely lunch.
Would the week prior work or is that too soon after your break JCJ? xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad we created a woo hoo moment in an otherwise yuk day, Katy. I hope tomorrow is better.

As to dates. OH usually wants to go away for the first 2 weeks of August,so could we do the same week as last year - ie the week before the (English) bank holiday? That'd be Tuesday 22nd - Thursday 24th if we follow the usual pattern. Open to other suggestions, if that doesn't work for you, as we've not booked anything yet.

I can almost taste the chips and smell the sea air. Getting excited already! Smiley Very Happy Any chance Revcat is available this year? xx

Community Champion

Choc pear cake?? Sounds delicious, yum, yum.............

Oh yuck, have had the most awful day, you know when you think everything is organised and everything ends up notSmiley Frustrated!! From the hairdryer blowing up to nearly falling spectacularly, goes on and on, whew glad tomorrow is another day.

Sooooooooooo when I checked on here had a "woo hoo" moment, yes am def up for MMU5, feel excited alreadySmiley Happy!!

If you suggest a date JCJ, will do a double check with ED.

Aaaah FF, know exactly what you mean it's an odd feeling, I did not come away feeling exhilarated just felt very strange, your safety net has gone but must admit BCN stressed if anything was bothering me EVER, to contact them, nice to have that reassurance xx

Community Champion

MMU5 is already pencilled in, in my diary! Any week in August suits me. I'll join you both on the jittery bench although a little late for the afternoon tea.  Hope there's some chocolate pear cake left.

I AM actually jittery about this 5 year mammo and consultant appt.  Not been too worried about the others but this one's getting to me as it's the biggie. Hopefully, it should be last one and I will be normal (me, normal?) and discharged. It just seems to be a bigger deal this year.

Lunch at Son's was good and we all caught up on the family news etc..  Meant to combine my visit to them with a trip to local discount store (think Jason and the....)  but both the items that I wanted weren't available.

So that annoyed me greatly! 

Glad your OH is being more amenable JCJ, men are strange creatures. Did you save me a chocolate eclair?

Oh, you have, thanks for that.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Dashing in again to deliver chocolate sauce to go with the chocolate pear cake.

OH has snapped out of his ar**y mood. I took the opportunity to talk about where we might go in the summer - as I, quite rightly it transpires, assumed he wouldn't want to camp again after last year's debacle, and therefore we'll need to book somewhere. Don't want to leave it until there's nothing decent available. Anyway, he said we can't book anything "until you know when you're going to Morecambe"!! Oh. Am I going to Morecambe? I don't know? Anyone up for MMU5?? Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

chuck the guilt. Let's feed up the alligators. Haven't had an alliburger in ages! Smiley Happy

Joining you on the jittery bench for a delicious afternoon tea. You coming too, FF? Everyone else welcome too, of course; come along and be jittery together!

Yes, I suspect part of OH's current issues is my mammo: - anxious waiting and remembering. It also highlights his own PD, which won't get better. Smiley Sad I try to be understanding, but when he keeps on obsessing about an incident, with our neighbour, that happened before Christmas 2015 - which he completely misinterpreted, but he won't accept that - it drives me nuts! It's part of the mental condition: everything is always someone else doing something to him. He just can't accept that he's just as guilty (more so!) He just won't hear it.

Anyhow, enough whingeing. Who's for more tea? Chocolate eclair? I've made chocolate pear cake for dessert after the Sunday roast dinner.  I'll put some in the shed - if I can get it past KTC on the jittery bench! Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Oh noSmiley Sad!!!!

Am sitting on the "guilty" bench JCJ, no way did I mean to make you feel selfish, you silly pudding!

Mine is by choice. Yours is not.

Come and join me on the "jittery" bench for Afternoon Tea.

Your OH is on the "bad behaviour" bench, do you think it maybe his way of trying to not think about your results?

FF, that sounds lovely for afterwards, nice distraction.

Really enjoyed my curry yum yum, am taking leftovers to ED's house tonight, am bedding the children cause they will be home late from their break, much easier that way.

Have been quiet cause YD is also away for the weekend.

Next week is busy, not one day of quiet time so it's good I can conserve my energy this weekend, haha.

Had to take one jumper back, it was pretty but quite thin so not any good am only looking for cosy warm.

Hope school is not too messy FF xx

Community Champion

Oh purleese, just chuck your feeling selfish into the lake JCJ.  You are fully entitled to feel as you did and whinge a lot!  You had a horrible,painful and worrying time from your account of it.

Sorry that your OH is being a pain in the ****!  Oops, I mean unreasonable, OH's just are.....aren't they....?  Mine was.....

Katy, you are also entitled to whinge, that must have been a nightmare!  I'm glad that you are feeling better now and also hope you enjoyed your curry. Hope the awfulness was worth it and less pain is the result.

My mammo is on Wednesday.  Daughter taking me and a trip into the City is planned for after and a nice lunch in our favourite eatery.  Will join you on the waiting bench in the evening JCJ.

Nice quiet day today (but can't help wondering what they are doing at school and how much mess they're making).  Distracted myself with good books.  Tomorrow going to Son's for lunch and a catch up, haven't seen him for two weeks and that's unusual.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry your Thursday was a nightmare, Katy. I feel selfish for wingeing about mine now.  I expect the yuckiness was partly due to all the stress on top of the lido. Glad you're feeling better now. Hope you enjoyed your curry! Smiley Happy Fingers crossed the lido keeps the pain at bay.

OH in one of his unreasonable moods today. People can be soooo hard to live with sometimes can't they? He's just announced "I'm not going to wash up any more on a Saturday. That's it!"

What? YOU'VE BEEN RETIRED FOR TEN YEARS!! EVERY DAY IS A SATURDAY FOR YOU!! (I shouted that just in my head). He doesn't realise quite how irritating that is WHILE I'M STILL WORKING (and cooking every night except Wednesday, when I wash up instead!)

He asked for help on the computer just as he was going out last night, so while I'd got it on today, I asked if we could sort it out: "No thank you. Not on a Saturday" well I'm busy every other day so suit yourself!! Smiley Mad

I'm still waiting for a couple of parcels, so while they're still not here I can pretend I'm watching the post for them and not THAT letter! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Hope you are feeling calmer now JCJ, any little blip as in redoing sends you into a complete turmoilSmiley Sad, when I saw a white blob at one of the mammos I nearly fainted haha, just scar tissue etc.

Try not to worry and hopefully that letter will be with you soon. Fingers crossed.

FF, when is yours?

Had a complete nightmare on Thurs, was 5 mins from other city when ambulance crew realised they had passed the turn off for another patient, which meant we had to go back 5 mins from my city then set off again to the other city, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So arrived 2 hours later than I was meant to, then canula set up was c***, had to phone for a doc, they were all in theatre so a staff nurse managed to get it in, grrrrrrrrrr, bruised arm and hand, arrived home at 6pm. Felt very sick and staggered around a lot, went to bed before eight. woke up Fri morning feeling superly sick, lasted till around teatime.

But today am feeling fine, woo hoo, and am away to treat myself to a big curry, hurrah xx

Community Champion

Quick dash in sooo sorry it was sooooo painful JCJ, fingers crossed for good results very soon.
Big hugs xx
Community Champion

I'm sorry your mammo was so ouchy.  Been there, done that.  At least doing the scans again on the damaged side saved you a recall which would have been sooooooo scary!  More than likely just scar tissue getting in the way.

A sense of humour is definitely required when flashing your boobs to all and sundry, I still have to restrain myself when attending meetings.  It's almost engrained....oh, a roomful of strangers?.....strip!!!

School has decided to have a change around, an office is going to be a classroom, a pretty much wasted space is going to be the office.  It will work better but they are causing so much MESS and they will be doing a lot of it over the weekend so heaven knows what I will find next week.  Not going to think about that now, going to enjoy the weekend.

Next Wednesday I will take your advice Optimissy and have loads of painkillers on board before my mammo!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Felt horrible walking into the breast unit this morning. All those memories! Smiley Sad. I was 5 minutes early (despite loitering in the hospital shop for a few minutes to buy some consolatory chocolate!), but I was seen straight away. I was asked if I minded a student in with us. Of course not, they've all got to learn somehow. Student did my right side, under close supervision, and proper radiographer (radiologist? I can never remember which is which!) did the left (mutilated) side. OUCHY OUCHY ouch ouch!! Brought tears to my eyes - literally. (Should've read your post before I went, Optimissy, and taken your helpful advice!) Radiographer joked with student that she made me cry but student managed not to!

At one point, when the student turned the machine for the sideways shot, she sent it the wrong way. I offered to stand on my head - if they'd hold my feet. Smiley Very Happy I felt for the poor girl she was so worried about hurting me, I think she appreciated me having a laugh. She was slightly horrified when I said that after 5 years I was quite used to flashing my boobs to random strangers at regular intervals!

They didn't like the scans taken on the damaged side and did them again. I'm trying very hard not to read anything into that!! Smiley Indifferent At least it saves a recall due to unclear pictures, I'm telling myself, trying not to think about the last time a radiographer had several goes at scanning that breast, in order to get a clearer picture of that particular worrying patch!! Now for the horrid letterbox watching wait.

Corsage arrived today. It is exactly like the picture and looks lovely. Now I've got to keep it safe - without forgetting where - for 3 months! And then remember to take it to Norwich with me. Perhaps I should just put it in the jacket pocket and try not to crush it in my overstuffed wardrobe.

Swimming tonight: Another mile down the Loch. Just over 4 miles left, so I'll probably get to the end in 4 weeks. Start boiling the haggis! Smiley Happy