62871members
330578posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Fingers crossed it's much sooner walkabout, phone your bcn and tell her about your house move so at least THAT letter will arrive at the right house. Enjoy your Mum's day, you will be busy over the coming weeks something at least to keep your mind off results. Wishing you good news, asap.

Spent most of the day on the phone with no real results, grrrrrrrrrrr, please may tomorrow be a better daySmiley Frustrated.

Am doing lunch at that cheap Italians so something to look forward to, woo hoo 3 courses yum yumSmiley Happy xx

Thanks for your good wishes ....it's been done but now begins the wait . Could be 2 to 3 weeks . Radigrapher was not one for giving anything away . I mentioned I was moving house in about 2 weeks and results before I moved would be great . .. but it fell on slightly deaf ears . She said ring and tell us your new address Smiley Happy at that point I gave up ! So I will immerse myself in de cluttering and hope it provides distraction therapy . Slightly thoughtful after my recent gynaecology issues..Was I was right to switch to anastrazole from tamoxifen a year ago ..... anyway on a much happier note my mum's 80th birthday to look forward to this weekend.
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

You had me panicking for a moment there, KTC! I was sure it was Wednesday, but then I started to think it might not be and i should have left the house an hour ago!! Doesn't take much to confuse me! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Keep thinking today is Thurs, so you won't be swimming tonight JCJ, mmmmmmmm where are those marbles?? xx

Community Champion

Hope all went well for you walkabout, painfree, fingers crossed for good and speedy results xx

Well, well a quiet day turned into a superly busy day, nurse at docs check up, blood tests blah, blah, just left surgery and a phone call from Lynn nurse, would it be possible to come up to hospital today? Yes def says moi (they are only open 1 day a week) so I have a new sleeve glove thingy, woo hoo! Hopefully now will have no visible lumpy top of the arm bit Smiley Happy! Dashed to supermarket, dashed home, dashed to ED's , dashed to Mothers, dashed to chippie, dashed home whew!! Am off to bed soon haha.

GS tomorrow but not going out and lunch out on Fri, then hopefully nothing thereafter...............

Freezing cold here no snow but so chilly, if you're swimming tonight JCJ wrap up well, no hope of the Loch freezing though.........

Feet behaving well, still sore but not killing me haha xx

Am sooooooooo excited about Norcambe, woo hoo xx

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Good luck tomorrow, Walkabout. Hope you have a pain free mammo and speedy normal results. We'll be keeping everything crossed for you! xx

Great news JCJ.I go for my annual mammogram tomorrow.last year I had to wait nearly 3 weeks for results and I totally empathised with your agonising wait. I was really badly effected by the delay last year and ended up ringing and pleading for info !!!
Community Champion

Ok, we've got the message..... you're NORMAL!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just popped in..... NORMAL!! Smiley Very Happy. Who knew??! 

Community Champion

Thank you for the recipe, I will get her to read it tomorrow as she is due to come here after " singing for toddlers" at the local Library.  I might get to try it sometime, hopefully when she's perfected it!

So glad your feet are behaving Katy.

Community Champion

NORMAL, really???? xx

Community Champion

Woo hoo scooby/booby/dooby dooSmiley Happy!!!

Brilliant news, whew, so pleased for you, you can relax now, we can too haha!!

Hello optimissy and ladybowler, you popped in at a lovely time, good news daySmiley Happy!

Thank you for the invite, enjoyed it all..................haha

Had a running around day, all over the place but managed to get everything done so am really pleased, and even better, feet behaved themselvesSmiley Happy. xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Kale recipe:

Remove thick stalky bits and chop the leaves quite finely (I always think it looks like big parsley!) Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan. Chuck in the kale and some garlic: a couple of cloves of garlic squished or finely chopped, OR a squirt of garlic paste OR about 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic granules (depending what you have/can be a**ed to use!) Stir fry over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until dark and crispy. You need a lot more kale than you think as it shrinks dramatically! I always think I've chopped far too much and end up with about a teaspoonful each! Smiley Happy Watch the garlic doesn't burn, or it will taste bitter.

Community Champion

JCJ

That is fab news, well done, Smiley Happy x

Community Champion

Yay hay, doing cartwheels and spinning on my head.  JCJ is NORMAL!  Just got home from school and first thing I've done is get on here to see if there's any news.....and YES, finally!  Sooooo pleased for you.  We've both reached a milestone this year!  And yes, you did just mention a few times that you are normal (but Katy and I know different Smiley Happy)

My letters never have a NHS logo.  Just a very distinctive franking,  Sounds as if your letter went a bit astray in the hospital, if in two envelopes. 

Daughter wants to know your recipe for oil and garlic fried kale.  I mentioned our virtual meal to her and she was intrigued.  And quick to tell me that she doesn't boil it, she steams it, oops.

Optimissy, please stay an optimistic miss, this blasted disease can be beaten, we are living proof!  My best wishes to you.

Community Champion

Whoo whoo! What an amazing feeling! As a relative newby who is 9 months away from my FIRST annual mammogram, it is GREAT to hear such news as yours. A few drinks tonight i trust, and sod the recommendations? :-)    xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL, NORMAL!!!

The results are in. It says I am NORMAL. Smiley Very Happy

The letter was really odd. No NHS logo and it looked far too thick to be just the 'normal' form, so I was racking my brains to think of anything else I might be expecting, because if it WAS mammo result the thickness might be follow up instructions. Smiley Sad Breathe. Don't think about it. Just open it. The envelope was addressed last name, comma, FIRST name so something official - bank or health - as everyone else knows me by my middle name! but i did fill in a form at the weekend about my ISA! Inside the envelope was ANOTHER, folded, envelope with exactly the same address label stuck on it but no stamp or anything. ?????? Ripped that open, realising that this was the reason for the thickness of the letter, and there was a single sheet of white paper with that wonderful phrase: "I am pleased to say that your mammogram is normal". Whooooopeeee! TGFT!!

Thank you for your support during my time of madness: waiting for YEARS (well, nearly 3 weeks) to get the all clear!

By the way, did I mention: I'm normal??! Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

KTC, you can come to dinner too. It's just that FF said she'd wished she could have had our last week's Sunday dinner. Didn't mean to upset you by leaving you out. Smiley Happy x

Community Champion

Will you be wearing them to Norcambe FF???

Ok, feeling a little upset, seems like you two are having a lovely dinner, what's that all about???

Blanket is lovely JCJ, amazing what you can doSmiley Happy! xx

PS have never had kale..............and obviously never will...............xx

Community Champion

I've never cooked kale myself but I've had it at daughter's house and she just plunges it into boiling water for a couple of minutes.  Like cabbage but more tasty. They grow it and it's always on the menu, and it's greens, they do you good.  I will tell her your method and it may be better still!  I rely on meals at daughter's to get my five a day down me.

Oo-er Denver Colorado?  Sounds risky, I hope it all works out but there are some very nice pyjamas out there.  Last summer I wore a pair of trousers that I bought from the nightwear section of a notable store. Will be wearing them this year too!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

D-I-L (to be) is having her suit made in Denver, Colorado! They found someone on the internet. I'm not sure I'd risk it, but measurements have been sent, fabrics chosen and a muslin version of the suit is being flown over for her to try on before the real one is made. It's grey and black. Trousers and a waistcoat, apparently. Maybe they'll BOTH be in pyjamas? 

How do you cook kale, FF? I've only recently started to buy it - on YD's recommendation. Fried in olive oil and garlic it goes crispy and tastes like that seaweed stuff you get in Chinese restaurants! Smiley Happy Nom nom nom!

Community Champion

Ooh yes, please. Really? Can I?  I'm on the way. No parsnips please, I'll try the cauli (not had it like that before).  Kale? Yes, love it but not had it fried in oil and garlic.  Try anything once!  Won't have room for dessert!  Truly I wish this wasn't virtual Smiley Sad

Hope that letter is there on your mat tomorrow, do they not know what quick or slow letters do to us? TBH I'd phone on Tuesday and pretend I'd got dates muddled up! Smiley Tongue 

I hope your daughter finds the perfect wedding suit soon and doesn't have to settle for something that will *do*.  Has her partner found one?

Pink blanket is just so lovely.  I do know someone who has about 5 days to due date but we don't know if pink or blue is needed.   I'll get my daughter to message her.

Iv'e moved between the CBA bench, the reading bench and I've found a new one......the doing arrow-words bench.  I kid myself that I'm keeping my brain active (use it or lose it)!  So, not a lot of cleaning, in fact, NO cleaning Smiley Embarassed Tomorrow I will.......

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

You want to come to dinner tonight, FF? 😜

Roast chicken

Roast potatoes

Roast parsnip

Yorkshire pudding

Cauliflower in honey mustard dressing

Smashed roots (swede, carrot & parsnip mash)

Kale fried in olive oil & garlic

Lashings of chicken gravy

Followed by "Pink Stuff" (a raspberry milk jelly/mousse on a digestive biscuit crumb base with cream piped on top)

Leftovers (who am i kidding?) will be in the shed. Help yourselves.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I have used up some ends of balls of pink 'wool', inherited from my sister, to knit a patchwork baby blanket. If you know of anyone having a 'pink' baby and might like it, I am selling it, via Mr Futon, in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support in my sister's memory. Let me know if you know anyone who may be interested. (I nearly sold it in aid of BCC, but as she died of leukaemia not BC, it didn't seem 'right'!)

20170319_140050.jpg

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Trying really hard to stop obsessing about that letter - that still hasn't arrived- but I'm not doing very well. OH just took something out of the letter box (twang!) and I immediately thought "it's here!" It's a SUNDAY!! Of course it's not here. It was the "improved ware" catalogue!

I suppose it's the five year thing, but the fact that she had to take extra scans at the mammo, has really rattled me, so the delay in getting any results, far from making me think "No news is good news" is playing on my mind. Smiley Sad I have told myself (repeatedly) to get a grip and just wait for Thursday when I can phone. But I don't seem able to take my  own advice!

YD has helped to distract me by announcing that she will be doing her "usual Mothers' Day visit" next weekend, and that we will have to spend some of it suit shopping. She still hasn't found anything for the wedding! "Cancel the photographer, I'm wearing my pyjamas" So I've been googling to see which of the local towns have shops she hasn't already tried. That's the trouble with everywhere having the same chain stores! If she and her friend scoured Birmingham (walking 11 1/2 miles in the process!!) with no luck, then I'm not confident we will do any better. Time is running out!

Did you get your cleaning done, FF? Or are you, like me and KTC still glued to the CBA bench? Smiley Tongue. I was on the reading bench yesterday. Downloaded the book we are reading with the class at school: The boy in the striped pyjamas (no, not YD at her wedding!) Brilliant. Read it in one day. Now I've got to try not to give anything away when we are working on it at a school! 

Really should get on with the Sunday jobs: ironing, sorting out so dinner, tidying in garden. I'll just have another coffee before i get in the shower and get dressed......

Four hours and 3 cuppas later.....?

Community Champion

Sunshine here today, woo hoo still cold though brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

All quiet, thank goodness, she says munching birthday cake and slurping a muggatea.

Bought a dress yesterday, a once a year/2 year event, am hoping it's nice cause I have too many in my wardrobe that I never wear. Will have to have a clearout, a ruthless one this time...............that's if I can get off the "CBA" bench...............unlikely..........xx

Community Champion

Birthday cake in the shed. SIL's birthday, one with a nought on the end!  I bought him a present (obviously) and he seemed pleased with it I think,( or he's a good actor!). Youngest grandaughter climbed into the box it came in and daughter amused herself popping the bubble wrap.  Three people happy with one present.......got to be a record.Smiley Happy

TGIF. Although school was quite tidy today and not the horrible mess it was in yesterday.  Every day is different.......keeps me on my toes!

Expecting a quiet weekend as family all busy elsewhere, hoping I wake up tomorrow in cleaning mode as my house could do with it. I've done the washing tonight so hopefully I've got a jump start on it!

Community Champion

Oh no JCJ, we are ALL waiting for that letter for you, fingers crossed it's very soon.

My last one from the hospital was almost 6 weeks and believe it or not I had forgotten all about it until around the 5th week, then I suddenly realised "where's that letter??".

Your pain may disappear when it arrives, the brain always goes into overdrive, hugs to you xx

Your cottage looks lovely, is it for 2 weeks?

Trip to the dentist tonight, have to have some treatment, a crown, a little niggle every so often, dentist thinks it's a crack cause nothing showing on xray, not bad as it's a long time since I had anything done.

A giant SPOT has decided to appear on the side of my nose, what?? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Still.  No.   Letter.

Pain in boob - probably the old nerve damage rearing its ugly intermittent head - exacerbated by worry and that pesky What If demon. "What if the letter's got lost?" "Shut up. If I'd missed an appointment they would have contacted me" "Would they? Wouldn't they just mark you DNA?" Arrrghhh. "Only" another week to wait until I can phone if the letter's still not here.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

This: http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/Yorkshire-Dales-North-Hamsterley/South-Byre-11501.html

My optician said I had the very small beginning of a cataract too. Ta'poxy'fen related possibly. But no significant change after 2 years. Who knows after another 5 though?

Still no letter. Taking tea and cake (Home made Victoria sponge with lemon cream cheese icing and home made plum jam. Also buttered toasted bun loaf - from local bakery)  to the waiting bench. Everyone (waiters and non-waiters) welcome to join me. Booked that holiday and am now having to contend with the what if demon. Have I been too hasty? It's a lot of cash to chuck away if.....

And I've just seen the bill for the drive! Smiley Sad Ooh er! 

Glad you are treating yourself, Ali. Did Hump and Dink join you for your healing massage? Smiley Very Happy

Sit down as much  as poss KTC, and rest those poor ouchy feet. xx

Community Champion

Aaaah Ali that sounds greatSmiley Happy, you should treat yourself especially when you are waiting.............

FF, good no new glasses needed, fab that teacher cleaned up so thoroughly and mmmmm about cataract, when my gran had her op many moons ago you were in hospital for a week now it seems to be so routine, hopefully will stay small for a long, long time.

Remember JCJ, no news is good news, hugs to you.

Yes, cottage or caravan??? xx

Treated myself to a back massage today, found a therapist who does seated massage because I find lying on my implant very uncomfortable. Anyway, turns out she's a tained nurse who worked in ITU and hospices for many years , she understands the after effects of chemo and hormone treatments and she's currently training in lymphatic massage. The massage was blissful, will save up for another treat!

Still no results, I'm optimistically interpreting that as them having no urgent need to see me yet....

Community Champion

No, mirror not so cruel this time but I looked so bad at the beginning that the end could only be good and my home mirrors are now saying YAY, FF is back and looking goooood! (As good as I ever do!) Smiley Happy

Eye test went mostly well, no change to prescription so no expenditure on new glasses needed, phew! Thank goodness for that.  Mostly refers to the info that she saw just the tiniest beginnings of a cataract, she doesn't want to see me for another two years so I'm not going to worry about that now.

As this is my most expensive month of the year, winter gas and electric bills, car insurance, home insurance (I'm on all the comparison websites!)  I'm so glad I don't need to spend out money on new glasses. Just browsing around the shop in case, all the ones I fancied were over £100. And I like the ones I've got more!

Get those painkillers down you Katy, better than having sore feet!  I'm sorry that they are causing you pain despite the lido.

School........supply teacher apologised for the mess in her classroom, said she'd brushed up and wiped down but she was sorry there might be be bits on the floor!  Her classroom was almost immaculate. Can she please give lessons to my usual teachers?

Glad you're booked JCJ and a bonus that your OH picked your favourite. Caravan or cottage? You didn't say.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OH picked my favourite of the 6 accommodation suggestions I found: 1 caravan and 5 cottages. He chose the one closest to Durham. It is now booked for first 2 weeks in August - and extra bonus: it's Friday changeover, so no issue with travelling on Saturday! 

Not sure if our camping days are over. Probably. Although I shall still go for a few days with YD if she still wants to. 

Still no NHS letter but I thought it was here. Saw a letter on the table with a logo in the corner, as I walked through the door. But it was from the bank about my fixed term ISA that ends at the end of the month. Hmmmm. Keep waiting. Smiley Indifferent

Community Champion

Sounds lovely are you doing 2 weeks JCJ?Smiley Happy Is tenting now over???

Guest book and new driveway, woo hoo is it finished?

Yay to you too FFSmiley Happy, glad that mirror wasn't too cruel haha.

We are off to Gran Canaria will be there same time as "The Wedding", that's why I'm broomsticking in with FF.

Had GS today, he's turning into the "wild one" Smiley Happy, we were playing hide and seek and he's now walking around in front of me with his eyes closed, I can't find him, oh no haha. He does bring a huge smile to my face.

My feet are oh so killing me am thinking geez if they are this sore with the lido, what would they be like without?? Will have to do something ie painkillers which I hate taking grrrrrrrrr xx

Community Champion

Wow, your dinner sounds delicious.  Why didn't you you invite me?  Come on, you know that the later the letter is, the better the news. Only bad news travels fast.  Just why my letter after THREE days scared me to death!

Had the haircut, mirror wasn't too bad, I did look shocking in it before hairdresser started but then began to to look a bit more like myself as she cut the hair away.  A wash and blow dry later (at home,  so not paying for that, my Yorkshire upbring showing through!) I look totally like myself again Smiley Happy

Tomorrow eye test, hope I don't have the palaver that went on two years ago, glasses I've got now are fine, sure no change is needed, only going for the retinal photography and possible Ta'poxy'fen changes.  And it's FREE!

Lovely day today, mild, sunny, the daffs are  out in the hedgerows, spring is around the corner!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Wedding guest book arrived at long ****** last, but still no letter. This has, stupidly, sent me into a quivering wreck, even though I KNOW that if it was a recall I would have received it by now! Put it down to Monday evening over-tiredness. Didn't sleep well last night. Overdid the fat content of Sunday dinner: probably not a good idea to have roast potatoes, roast parsnips, roast beetroot AND kale fried in olive oil and garlic with lamb and then follow it with maple syrup steamed suet puddings?! All of the above delicious (even if I do say so myself! Smiley Tongue) but quite lethal in combination when one has no gallbladder! Still digesting it now!! Smiley Sad

Men came to give (give??? Who am I kidding? It's costing us a flipping fortune!) us a new drive today. Stripped off the granite chippings - very pretty and eco friendly (water drains down through rather than running off) but a b***er to walk on. Son made it a few years ago. Tarmac coming on Wednesday. Neighbour kindly offered to let us park on her drive. Several times this evening, I have looked out of the window and thought "Ooh! M. has got a visitor with a car just like mine!" What a dingbat? Heading over to the senility bench. Smiley Embarassed

Community Champion

A lovely day, spent mostly on the CBA bench but I have tidied up/cleaned some areas and done some dusting, couldn't be a***d to get the hoover out, there's always tomorrow for that.

Quite a busy week coming up, hairdressers tomorrow for a much needed haircut but oh, THAT mirror.

Think I'll just keep my eyes shut. Tuesday is eye test, Wednesday trying to find SIL a birthday pressie, Thursday Nurse to see how new meds are....so much better,  why didn't they give them to me two months ago?........perhaps 'cos I didn't complain enough and just struggled on. As we do.

Recovered from my fright over that letter and now inclined to punch the air and shout YAY!!  Five years, made it!  Although I know it could all go tits up at any time.  Pun definitely intended Smiley Tongue

It's warm and sunny 'dahn sahth west'  but I'm an awful lot of miles away from Eastbourne.  I'm sure they'll have a good break whatever the weather.

Glad you have found *it* Katy, half and half is good, keep on with it!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OH read something in a book about the North Pennines, somewhere we've never been, so I've been looking at cottages, lodges and caravans in that area - between Yorkshire Dales and Northumbria. Found some lovely ones that are available for the weeks we want (some ONLY those weeks, so I'd better get a move on!) Just got to get OH to help choose which one. (It's got to be his idea. 35 years of marriage has taught me that!! Smiley Tongue)

Lovely day today. Warm and sunny. Hope it's the same 'dahn sahth' as the girls are on holiday in Eastbourne for a long weekend (my Christmas present to them! I gave them the cash, they chose the holiday)

When/where are you going, KTC?

Community Champion

ooops, forgot to ask where are you thinking of going JCJ? xx

Community Champion

Woo hoo scooby/booby dooSmiley Happy!! Brilliant news FF, whew!!

So pleased your daughter is out and about.

Just you now JCJ, fingers and toes crossed.

Have not booked in yet because yesterday paid balance of hol and funds are now depleted, haha, hopefully at end of the month will book, am going to do the 3 days again. Just gives me that extra time to rest before the mammoth task of talking non stop, eating at Rita's, Afternoon Tea (no butter/marg) and drinking those huge cups at that pubSmiley Happy!

Pleased no issues with OH JCJ, remember we were going to allow him to come, no contact though haha!

I found "it" under the radiator, woo hoo, am doing ok just doing half and half because I'm still on the "jittery" bench as I'm there for a while will have to keep moving popping over to the "FB" bench will have devoured at least 100 A Tea;s by the time it's over................xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Woohoo!! Great news, FF, but i can imagine how nerve wracking *that* letter was. Mine came back pretty quick last year and freaked me out!

I'm still on the jittery bench. Hope my letter comes soon - was told it would be about 10 days but to wait 3 weeks before 'chasing it up' by phone. 

Community Champion

Where has my post gone?  I only wanted to edit out the typos?

Once again....  I went to local supermarket today for two reasons.  One, to get get a few food items.  Two, to get the car washed,  local fire brigade were washing cars to raise money for their charity.  My filthy dirty, muddy brown car is now a gleaming silver again.  I was generous as my car was obviously the dirtiest in the queue Smiley Embarassed

Came home, oh, post has arrived, picked it up and there's a letter with the hospital postmark!   I was scared, really, really scared it's TOO SOON.  Opened it with shaking hands and "mammo shows no worrying features".  Had to read it three/four times before it sank in. 

Daughter called in today, she's out and about again, so nice to see her.

Yes, you're still picking me up on the broomstick Katy,  will there be room for all the alliburgers?  The alligators were quite fat and easy to wrangle and made a lot of burgers. I've frozen them ready for May.

Keep looking for *it* and use *it*, You don't want to end up on my meds!! 

Community Champion

I went out this morning to local supermarket for two reasons, one, to get a few food items and two, to get the car washed, as the local fire brigade were car washing to raise money for their charity.  So a good cause and a filthy dirty, muddy car is now gleaming.  I was generous as my car was definitely the dirtiest in the queue Smiley Embarassed

Back home, oh, the postman has been.  Picked up post, one of them has hospital postmark!  Instant panic, really, really scared, don't think I've EVER been so scared.  It's TOO SOON!  You can imagine how I felt BUT all is ok, mammo shows "no worrying features"!  I had to read it three/four times before it sank in. It's only been three days since mammo, I was so sure it was a recall. 

Daughter called in this afternoon, I haven't seen her for 10 days and that must be a record but she has recovered from her bug and is mostly back to her usual self.  We have made tentative plans for next week. So it's looking to be busy - haircut Monday (much needed! But THAT mirror!) eye test Tuesday, birthday pressie shopping Wednesday, Nurse Thursday.  Friday.......

Upped meds seem to be doing their job. I have felt much better today.

Keep looking for *it* Katy, please! And use it! Yes, you're still picking me up on the broomstick but will you have room for the alliburgers I've got prepared?  There's quite a lot of them, the alligators were very fat but that made them easier to wrangle.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm booked in too! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Had to wait until I'd told OH ("told", you notice, not "asked"!! Smiley Happy ) but he's fine with it. Said he enjoyed last year: listening to his operas at full volume.

Looking forward to it and hoping we've not tempted fate with mammo results still to come! Smiley Indifferent Going to discuss our summer holiday (while OH in a good mood!) but not sure if I dare book that yet (cancellation insurance costs almost as much as holiday with both our pre-existing conditions!) Need to book soon as places are booking up fast ... but perhaps one more week....?

Mr Futon parcel STILL not come - he claimed it was returned to him undelivered, and he would repost it Last Tuesday! - it's the wedding guest book, so i may have to have a plan 'B'. Smiley Sad

How's "IT" going, Katy? - when you haven't lost it? (No she's not doing anything dodgy folks, so don't worry! Smiley Tongue)
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

On the can't keep my eyes open bench. Soooo very very tired.

Community Champion

hahaha JCJ, what's your girl likeSmiley Happy!! At least M of the B will be fleeceless.............

FF and me will really stand out in our dresses hahaha.

Am I still picking you up FF on the broomstick?

Aaah you are doing so well 3 miles to go?? my goodness you must be superly fit.

Yes will be doing more for ED, will just have to wait and see what happens, she will know hopefully sometime this month if she is to be accepted, she only has 1 uni nearby so not many options. She has had places offered to her from uni's in England but thats an impossible commute haha............

Soooooooo excited about MMU5, am def going to pack shorts this year, how fast are you FF??

Will message RevCat.

Out to lunch today, it was mediocre, dessert lovely but main pretty tasteless, so will be looking for somewhere different next time.

Am on the "driving me crazy" bench, have been searching on and off for "it" replacement and cannot find it anywhere, WHERE IS IT??????????????? xx

Community Champion

I'm booked in, hope I get a room away from any arguing couples this year!  Looking forward to it.

Your YD definitely has her priorities right re the food JCJ, I'm enjoying it already, shall we send her some alliburgers just in case there's a shortage?  The alligators are quite fat now because of all the guilt recently thrown in the lake and I'm a qualified wrangler!  Just say the word and I'll get busy.

Nooooooo, still say your arm is worse than mine Katy, as mine was temporary and is now ok.  No fluey symptoms , so I think I've got away with that. Taking first dose of upped meds tonight, will see what happens?

School is all ok, no problems, no dramas but I'm soooo glad it's Friday and I get two days off Smiley Happy 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Now at Knockie Lodge, KTC. Swam 68 lengths tonight -even though I was soooo tired I really had to force myself to go. 191 lengths left to swim: just under 3 miles. Will be n Fort Augustus in 3 weeks time. 😁🏊

I thought I was swimming quite fast when someone shot past me. Grrrr! Then I noticed she was holding a float and only using her legs! Just **** OFF!!

Message from YD. She's been shopping today. Still no suit for the wedding, but she's booked the hire of cake tins and a cake stand and checked with the caterers that paying for "3 meats" really does mean that each guest can have a hot dog AND a burger AND thyme & honey chicken fillet with salads: "there's always loads of food at a barbecue" I am glad she is prioritising! She may end up getting married in jeans and a fleece, but she will make sure the wedding guests are well fed! Smiley Happy I brought her up well! Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Yes, those are the dates FFSmiley Happy haha!

Soooo pleased your mammo was not sore whew!!

Good you now have lots of supplies and brilliant that your meds are sorted now. Your arm is prob much sorer than mine, mine just feels heavy, that's all.

Glad also to hear daughter is on the mend.

Where are you now JCJ??? How many more miles?

Clinic visit went well, she is very pleased re my arm, it has gone up by 1 cm which she said was a very small increase. Am going to try another type of sleeve/glove and will go back to make sure it fits properly. Have thin wrists so sleeve ends up baggy at the hand which then encourages lynn to misbehave............if it fits properly at the hand, arm it ends up too tight at the top, fingers crossed this one is better xx