68594members
360756posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

I have bought more!  They are pressies for our Boxing Day tradition of exchanging "silly" presents that cost less than a fiver.  It's a gift pack of 24 shortbread biscuits with milk and white chocolate dips.  So basically a packet of biscuits.  That now counts as "silly" as we've done all the obvious things and it's now getting more and more difficult to be "silly" under a fiver.  Both Daughter and I have suggested  that we stop doing it but Son won't countenance it as it is a "tradition"!  So we continue.......

Definitely claim the overtime JCJ.  Well done you for saying no, but then there are times to relent and say yes..

I thought about doing my two Xmas cards tonight but I seem to be in Benchland instead and I don't feel like doing them now Smiley Happy maybe tomorrow.......must not miss the last posting date this yearSmiley Embarassed

And just to gloat, I've got one week and 3 days left at school............... (You'll get your own back next term)!

Katy? hope you haven't overdone things.

Highlighted

What she said, Katy, take it steady.

I'm very intrigued, FF. £4 from supermarket? You all want one? Go on, spoil yourselves. Buy two more. 🙂

Got asked to cover the After School Club again yesterday because the usual supervisor was off sick. I initially did say no (well done me!) but on hearing that the other person who sometimes covers was very busy, but prepared to do it if I couldn't, I decided to do it. (Not least because one of the worst behaved bous was excluded from school yesterday and will be back today and she will do After School Club tonight if usual colleague not back!) The kids were hard work - well 2 of the 5, the others were fine. I had to get very cross and threaten to tell their mothers to find somewhere else for them to go between school and parents' work finishing. Then they settled down and we had quite a nice time. But it seems such a long 2 hours! Overtime will be claimed! 🙂

9 Christmas cards and 1 of the 2 December birthday cards now made. I'll make cards until I run out of time and everyone else will get  bought (local Hospice or BCC) one. Cards to send list made. Posters printed for my stall on Saturday. Getting there. Can't believe we've still got 3 weeks (ok, 2 weeks, 4 days) at school! 😞

Highlighted

Whoa, Katy rein in the agenda for tomorrow.  Don't try to do too much too soon.   Glad today went ok (except for cannula) and that you don't feel too bad tonight.  Pace yourself.

Went to school tonight, Oh.... the glitter's been out, all over all the floors.  I couldn't give a monkeys, it will either hoover up or it will just move around or stick in the carpets for many years.  I don't care any more, I really don't.  Pine needles are already dropping from the Xmas trees.  I don't care, I've obviously undergone a personality transplant in the last few months Smiley Happy

Son over tomorrow, Daughter will probably call in too, she needs to show me something SIL wants on e-bay. 

Bought an item in local supermarket tonight, thinking pressie for GD, then thought pressie for Daughter, then thought might actually keep it for myself.  Only £4 so cheap but where's it going?  Who's having it? Smiley Frustrated  Or do I buy two more and we'll all have one?  Decisions, decisions!

Looked at the Xmas card display tonight  I only have two to send but vouchers have to be put in cards. Cards with kittens on them seemed an obvious choice and they were for a Charity to boot... but they were on the top shelf....I couldn't reach.  The much taller lady next to me also looking at cards, got them down for me. 

Highlighted

You are really doing well FF, slow starter but super speedy when you do startSmiley Happy!!

Agree JCJ's dinners are great, much better than mineSmiley Happy

Arrived 1 hour late (transport) canula a mess again, doctor called, managed it in 4 hours woo hoo.

Transport actually waiting for me, so that was fantastically brilliantSmiley Happy

Don't feel sooooooo dopey this time which is good as last time could hardly walk haha, feel tired and a little sick but all ok, it's done!!

Have loads to do tomorrow, will have to get to supermarket as things are running low, into town then up to Mum's, will see how things go, may do supermarket early, and if too tired do the rest on Wed.

Have been really cold today, had to ask for a blanket in hospital, what am I like??? haha xx

Highlighted

Dinner very yummy, thank you JCJ, I do so enjoy my Sunday dinners with you. 

Oh , just baked mince pies and cream....is there anything better? 

Son is on holiday for the next two weeks so he's said he will come over on Tuesday to do a little job for me.  I could do it myself but why would I when I can get him to do it for me? Lazy? Moi? 

Thursday there are plans for Son, Daughter and me to go to local City for Xmas shopping. I will need to lose Son at some point so I can nip into the shop where I will buy his present. Daughter will take him off somewhere and we can meet up later. 

Maybe your lido will fix your back Katy, let's hope that it fixes everything it's supposed to and any extra painful parts.  Glad you are feeling better.

Highlighted

Dinner is lamb shanks cooked in red wine, braised root vegetables, roasties, Yorkshire pudding, crispy kale (very crispy and rather blacker than intended!) peas and gravy, followed by home made apple pie and custard (used up the last bits of pastry from the mincepieathon - thought it'd be a bit leathery but it was fine :D)

YD just left for her 3hour drive home 😞 But she'll be back, with her wife, in 3 weeks! Yeh! 🙂

Highlighted

Confession think I may have eaten them all................xx

Highlighted

Hurrah problem solved JCJ, you can relax and enjoy with the girlsSmiley Happy. It is a difficult one, think I would feel guilty too............

Well, just sat and ate and ate, mince pies are yummy, brought cream just in case, sooooooooo good when just out of ovenSmiley Happy

Glad Purdie is managing to stay out of mischief, well kind of, washing machine is scary, check and double check.

Sooooooo instead of being on the "excruciating" bench am now on the "slightly tender" bench woo hoo!!!! It's been a long week.............

Off for my lido tomorrow, will be interesting to see if it numbs back pain??

No plans for today, should go to supermarket but really don't want to push my luck, will just make do, what's for dinner tonight?

Was thinking about starting to wrap gifts (still wrap, no bags pour moi) but that can wait too, it's just such a long job..........xx

Highlighted

Cream - both runny and clotted and, if you must, squirty shaving foam cream, brandy butter (it's virtual so I can pretend I've got it/already made it!) and or ice cream available or custard I suppose. I challenge you to eat just one. I'm not sure it's possible. Hehehe

Highlighted

Like I said, the pesky conscience!  The mince pies look delicious, I'm off to the shed before Katy gets there and eats them all.  Is there cream?

Highlighted

20171202_171518.jpg

Putting these in the shed! Help yourselves.

Looks like the 2 B-I-Ls will be keeping each other company for Christmas. Phew!  I hope. I don't think my saying no would cause problems with OH, other than those he'd make himself, ie guilt, but I wouldn't be very proud of myself for making someone feel lonely and unwanted. Especially someone who is already suffering mental ill health! I keep telling myself that he's a scrounger and he's brought most of his problems on himself, but even so, I'd feel bad about turning him away at Christmas. 

Highlighted

What a difficult position you're in with your BIL What difficulty with your OH would an outright NO cause?  And then there's always the pesky conscience to deal with. I hope the dilemma resolves itself and if he does come to you that he behaves himself.

i decided to clear out one of my food cupboards today and give it a clean (only because I can't get the newly bought food into it)!  Quite a few tins and packets out of date, so they have hit the bin!  I have noted what they are and will not be buying them again as I obviously don't eat them.  Pineapple chunks?  Why did I buy them? I don't like pineapple!  There must have been a reason at the time.  After that I thought I'd better do the other two food cupboards but everything else was ok.

Life with Her Royal Furriness is getting easier, dangerous places she could get to when tiny are now too small. She shows no inclination now to chew the electric wires, so that's a relief.  Any time I lose her I just need to shake the bag of tuna treats and she's right beside me. Or turn on the tap. Or put the washing in the machine, as soon as I open the door she's in there having a look.  It's put t-shirts in take cat out, put jeans in take cat out, put jumpers in take cat out, put everything else in take cat out.  Make CERTAIN cat is out, switch on machine.  

Highlighted

Message from YD this morning: "Your daughter delivery slot is 1:30 to 2:30pm. Arriving in a white Fiat 500" 🙂

Spent an hour making vast quantities of pastry and a stew for tonight. OH been despatched to buy local bakery crusty bread to go with it, so when we finish making a gazillion mince pies, we won't have to bother cooking (or fetching/waiting for delivery!) So organised! Time for a little lie down now!

Thank you for the thermal swimwear, FF. The flashing lights and tinsel give it just the right festive touch! Definitely freezing in the coastal waters off Guernsey! (British Channel? I realise I've no idea, despite swimming there for the last 20+ weeks!) Only 6 of us swimming on Thursday evening, and just me for the last 15 minutes. Bliss. 2 3/4 miles left. Should still make it by Christmas. Don't think there are any school commitments on Thursdays.

Vile B-I-L (on OH's side) is angling for an invite for Christmas. He was soooo obnoxious last time he came here and I know he'll spoil the relaxed atmosphere with us and the girls. I can't bring myself to say a definite "NO", as he's currently in hospital due to mental health issues. He's fallen out with his GF - again! - so he'll be on his own. Pinning all my hopes on other B-I-L coming to the rescue. But I won't hold my breath. If he does stay here he'll have to sleep in *my* room, so I'll have to contend with OH snoring and twitching too! Grrrr! 

Highlighted

Spent £94 pounds in local supermarket today!  I only went in for bread, milk and a few other bits and pieces but I saw a DVD that I thought Daughter would like and then ended up by the vouchers and thought I might as well get them while I'm here. Two more GC sorted!  So glad some of them are getting to an age where vouchers/money is more acceptable.

School has come along way from when they threw up a tatty imitation tree two days before the end of term. So many changes of Head and staff in the eight years I've been there!  Maybe a little OTT this year but it cuts down on my work, so I'm not complaining!  I just asked if I could put up a Bah Humbug sign Smiley Happy 

Game thing price will go down again, probably after Xmas. Just keep watching Katy!  Then treat yourself quickly!

Swimming must have pretty chilly last night JCJ.  I am adapting the knitting pattern and sending you a centrally heated full body suit for your last few miles.

Highlighted

Sounds pretty FF, and less work for you, woo hoo!

Glad GD was fine, always worrying these jabs.

Well have dithered so much about game thing, price has risenSmiley Frustrated, that's what I get for waiting...........

Getting up from bed is a little easier but sofa sitting is ouchy, can't stand all day though, may have to try hard chair. Am nipping into town later, quick visit and back home as fast as I can. No supermarket visit though maybe another day and sorry Mum no treats this weekSmiley Sad

Backs are a pain xx

Highlighted

Admin lady at school was busy, busy, busy tonight putting up fake snow on shelves and snowflakes on the windows and a small tree in reception.  Tinsel around the noticeboards.   She's used cardboard to turn her desk into a gingerbread house.......She's a bit OTT about Xmas methinks.  But it looks good and cuts down on the surfaces that I have to clean so ok by me!  

Youngest GD had to have vaccination today.  Daughter's ongoing anxiety about anything health related means she has problems even being in the Surgery so I went with them for moral support. GD didn't really feel it, a small whimper afterwards and then a giant chocolate button from the Nurse and she was fine.  And just eager to show us how she could walk down the stairs on her own!

Another delivery today, more DVD's for the GC, I'm beginning to get there.  Have two City visits lined up in them next two weeks, so that should sort it!  

Expecting to use the de-icer tomorrow, geez, it's cold , need to dig out the hat and gloves for tomorrow.  It's not so bad when I don't go out until 4.00pm but tomorrow I need to be out at 9.00 am.

Highlighted

Didn't think of that JCJ, was thinking about blu stuff (tic tac) she also wants those lit up gift boxes, my living room may turn out to be Santa's Grotto haha!

Am with you regarding Xmas songs the same old same old................

Been struggling today, too much obviously yesterday, have done a lot of sleeping, body heals itself mode.

Gosh it is tiring..............

We today had gardeners making lots of noise, cutting bushes etc and this machine that is flattening the ground (not near but echoes all over the place), pounding, pounding, slept through it allSmiley Happy

Have my new lynn stuff and it's so funny it's like suction mode, takes a while to get it on cause it's so tight makes me laughSmiley Happy

It's sooooooooooo cold, brrrrrrrrrrrrr, my heating bill will be enormous xx

Highlighted

Katy, cellotape (other sticky tapes are available) the lights to the window frame, if they are plastic (window frames) or drawing pin (CAREFULLY so as not to pierce the wires!) if frame is wooden. That's the way we did it for years. However, it's a pain to get the sticky off after - need "sticky stuff remover". Now I've purchased a candle arch and an LED mini tree, both at bargain prices in post Christmas garden centre sales, for the kitchen and front bedroom respectively. Much less faff - just plug in and go - no clambering across draining boards and balancing on window sills! 

I have been shouting at the radio, in the car going to work,  all week, when they play Christmas music. 🎵Do they know it's Christmas🎵"IT ISN'T! WE'VE STILL GOT FOUR WEEKS!" but it will be December on Friday so I suppose it will be ok then - but not too much. It must be my age but I'm heartily sick of all the traditional Christmas chart music. Same old, same old every flippin' year. Sooo glad I don't have to work in a shop playing it all the time!! Grrrr! Humbug!

Highlighted

Goodness me, it's cold down here.  Car frozen over every morning this week, I just sit in my nice warm house and thank goodness I don't have to go out to go to work until 4.00pm.  Even then I need my coat on to go from main school to annexe.  On Friday I need to be out at 9.15 am so today I bought some de-icer for the car from local supermarket,  Hopefully it will make the scraping easier.

More and more Xmas lights here too, It causes me to go "Grrr!"  Just not before the 1st December!  After then it's ok.  I think my Xmas decorations will be minimal this year.  I have to think....Purdie...tinsel... hanging items...just not a good idea!

Pleased you're improving Katy.  If your back is such a mess, a chiropractor might sort it out!  Glad it's a little better.

At least you'll get something you like Ali Smiley Happy Many's the time I've smiled and said thank you with gritted teeth Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

FF, this X*** malarkey is catching, woo hooSmiley Happy

Laughing at ninja ali, ninja-ing all over the place trying to find her secret gift, what is it??  Where is it?? Will it be wrapped?? At least you know who it's from............or do you??

YD wants to go "all out" this year, JCJ, lights everywhere haha, would like to hang them at window but would still like to close curtains, have no idea how we can do this. Any ideas most welcome.

Back is a little better, still walking stooped and wincing a lot, had an appt in town today really didn't want to cancel so off I trooped hanging on for dear life to my chariot, found I was in less pain actually walking haha.

No GS this week as I really couldn't manage to lift him etc, fingers crossed back to normal by next week.

Would be terrified to go to a chiropractor FF, my back is such a mess Smiley Frustrated xx

Highlighted

Hope your back is starting to feel a bit better, Katy. 

Goodness, FF, this Christmas shopping frenzy - and it's still November!! 

There are more and more festive lights going up on people's houses as I drive home. I love to see them cheering up the dark evenings. 🙂

LOL at your secret shopping task, Ali. Close your eyes, grab the nearest thing and ask the sales assistant to gift wrap it? Get Hump & Dink to choose you something? Maybe not. Goodness only knows what they'd pick! Perhaps OH or son can buy yours. Or just be a superb actor on Christmas Day when you open your "surprise". Hehehe.

Highlighted

Stealth ninja Xmas shopper here! Mil (bed bound, and currently a little confused) has asked me to do her Xmas present shopping -no problem, I know the sort of things she likes to buy - but she'd like me to get my present from her, and keep it a secret so it's a surprise for me on Xmas day. Errr..... 😄

Highlighted

Oh lawkes Katy........you poor thing.  I've been there, done that and it's awful (and bl***y annoying)  when you want to move and can't.  Keep taking the painkillers and consider a chiropractor!  SIL has an ongoing back problem, he seizes up in pain for no apparent reason, goes and gets himself "crunched" and he's fine again.

One of the presents I ordered online last night was not what was wanted by GD so I'll be giving that to the youngest GD instead.  Today I went to "R goose"  in nearby town and bought the right one for the other GD.  There and back in an hour, pretty good going as it's a 20 minute drive there. And I nipped into the alternative supermarket there for two of their yummy cheese topped rolls.

Town supermarket tomorrow to get vouchers and actually, for me, I'm doing quite well as it's still November Smiley Happy  

Highlighted

aaaaargh soooooooooo painful, can't straighten up and can barely walk, trying to keep moving............xx

Highlighted

Keep taking the pain killers, KTC, and keep moving gently. Hope it recovers soon.

We had a cat incident today - or the neighbours did. 40+ year old daughter moved back into her mum's house, temporarily, because her landlady wants the house back, that she's been renting in a village about 3 miles away. She has a cat that is used to using a cat flap and coming and going as she pleases. They were going to try to keep her in (the cat) because they were worried about the road (not terribly busy, but they lost a kitten under a car, years ago, on this road!) or her getting lost.

Anyway, had a phone call from neighbour this morning because they thought Rosie had got out through the small bathroom window - left slightly ajar - via our porch roof and the fence. Everyone on full alert looking for it. Neighbour's daughter distraught. Messages on Facebook etc. Another phone call tonight. She's back, alledgedly back through the same very small window. Upstairs. Requiring a 5ft leap from our porch. Somehow I doubt it. I think she managed to hide away somewhere all day. Little minx! 🙂  Whichever is true, we're all relieved she's safe and not roaming the streets in the cold tonight.

Dinner is pulled pork in apple, onion & sage sauce, mashed potatoes, carrots, sprouts, buttery leeks, peas and Yorkshire pudding, followed by spotted dick and custard. Never made pulled pork before, but I bought a pork shoulder joint and it had instructions for cooking it that way (minus the sauce - that was my invention) and OH has toothache so I thought it might be easier for him to eat. I was quite impressed with it! Will add it to my repertoire.

When getting the custard powder out of the cupboard, I noticed it was horribly sticky on the bottom. What the ....? Peered into the back of the cupboard and realised I had a major mincemeat disaster! I knew I'd overfilled the jars slightly, but then I, stupidly, put them in the cupboard that has heating pipes up behind it (because it was one of the few cupboards with tall enough shelves for the big jars). The heat made the mincemeat expand and the revoltingly sticky 'juice" has leaked out all over the shelf and everything nearby (luckily all tins of stuff). That was a major clean up job! :(. The jars are now wiped clean, sitting in a plastic ice cream tub (previously empty!) and in a cooler cupboard. We'll be using most of it next weekend anyway. 🙂

Cold and grey here today. Not forecast to be cold enough to need to scrape the car tomorrow. First Monday for 4 weeks that I won't have to, but it looks like I may have to the rest of the week instead!

Highlighted

Purdie is beginning to calm down.  5 months old now, and not quite so mad.  Still kittenish, playful and up the curtains in the mornings but more cat in the evenings snoozing on my lap and having cuddles.

Yes I'm using the reading machine but I still prefer a proper book.

Boots? Pretty? No.....plain old bog standard, flat heeled, black expensive boots!

And yes, treat yourself, why not?  Buy yourself an Xmas present.  I always do.  If the rest of the family deserve presents......so do I Smiley Happy

Ooooh backs, just a slight wrong move and ouch.  Hope it's better soon.

Son phoned today with ideas, so a quick trip online and I've got pressies on order for another two of the GC.  His eldest son wants a voucher for X Box available at tesco so will get that tomorrow.  DIL wants a voucher for a local spa, son picking that up for me. Quite a lot done today.  Hopefully a trip to the City this week will get it all finished apart from the odds and ends I can get in town.

Cold and frosty here this morning but it warmed up and was raining when I had to go out this afternoon.

Highlighted

Am on the "ouchy, ouch" benchSmiley Sad, was sweeping floor this morning and must have moved slightly the wrong way, felt it go immediately, grrrrrrrrrrrrr so am sitting with a hot water bottle on back and have taken painkillers, strong ones now I feel really jittery..............as long as they calm it down............sooooooooooo annoying...........

Two FF??? you should be really quick organising them hahaha. Has Purdie calmed down now? Are you using your reading machine? Are your boots pretty?

Oh JCJ, you are so creative, would have to start making cards about 10 years in advance, 40 wow!!

Hope cake making went wellSmiley Happy

Will def be loitering around the shed tonightSmiley Happy

Am in a quandry, a good one haha, should I treat myself to a handheld console?? I love these things my old one is really tatty and lid is cracked so never really use it now, have had it for years. New one is expensive, could that money be better spent??? It probably could..........will have a look at cyber shopping tomorrow and decide then. Decided not to buy trunk thing because I didn't want clutter am keeping toy baskets hidden behind sofa.

It's a beautiful day here, sky is blue, hardly a cloud but oh soooooooo cold xx

Highlighted

I only have to send two cards and last year I missed the last posting date!  I will try to get them off in time this year, I'm hopeless Smiley Happy  I try asking the GC what they want in Oct. but daren't buy anything because they change their minds in Nov. and then again in Dec. On a roll?  I don't know about that.  Only buying for GD2 now I've got the list because her mind won't change and GD1 is adult and vouchers are acceptable.

Phoned Son tonight for ideas but he couldn't say anything as GC were all around.  He's going to phone me tomorrow morning when they are all out.

Still feeling ok, hope it won't come back again!  Hope that you are are ok as well JCJ and that the lurginess passes you by.  Hope your Xmas cake turns out well, I've never ever made one,  Can't cook, won't cook is me!  Open box, take off wrapper, stick in oven for 20 mins that's my sort of cooking Smiley Embarassed

Highlighted

Good grief, Katy! It's not even December yet!! I have 40 cards to make, and 2 December birthday cards. Not even made a single one let alone written any! School Christmas Fair being put back will only delay card production too, as I'll carry on knitting Santa bears etc until there's no point.

Going to make the Christmas cakes this afternoon. It occurred to me that I'll be making mince pies next week, Fair the following week and leaving it until 16th December is cutting it fine, even for me!! It has to be a Saturday because it ties up the oven for 12 hours and we just have to have our Sunday roast! 

Highlighted

Thank you girls, soooooooo glad you are hereSmiley Happy!

Am on the "superly lazy" bench today, have done sooooooo many things over the last few weeks trying not to think about ED am well up to date haha!

That was really good news about no planning etc, nice to have someone that listens, hopefully that will now be the end of that nonsense for you, JCJ, and you can enjoy your daysSmiley Happy

Good news that suitcase is a bargain and lovely.

FF, fingers crossed it is bread, my YD had peeling feet and hands for weeks (wasn't sore) tried to get appt at docs, impossible to book due to her awkward working hours. Anyway we have discovered it is a sauce she has been covering most of her food with, you just never think of food stuff...........

So glad you feel so much better.

You are now on a roll with X shopping haha.

Will really annoy you now, X cards written and stamps on envelopes hahahaha xx

What's wrong with me?????????? xx

Highlighted

Yay!! Paaarty in Benchland! FF feels better, KTC's ED not as ill as was feared - hopefully it will just be a passing "blip" - and my weeks *should* be less stressful in future. Hope all the "silent" inhabitants of Benchland are also doing Ok!

Everyone at school is suffering with headaches, sore throats and general lurginess - par for the course in the autumn term, especially when it's a long one! I was, foolishly, gloating to myself, this morning, that my superior immune system seems to be fighting off the Lurg, but tonight I do feel a bit **** actually. Will probably snuggle into bed pretty soon.

OH's suitcase has arrived. It's not very big so I've hidden it in plain sight (still in the JL delivery bag) under my dressing table, underneath the blanket bag. Really pleased with that purchase! YD & I saw this case in a big - unique to Norwich - department store. It was black and cost £88! Far too much for a very small suitcase (a similar size to my Norecambe one, but with wheels). We took a photo on my phone so I could remember the make/size etc because buying online it's really tricky to judge size - at least for me anyway! I thought I'd have to buy something else of a similar size/construction, but I found the same case in J*** L**** for £44 with a 30 year warranty and in red, OH's favourite colour!! The holdall he's used for more than 30 years, which is falling apart; hence this purchase, is a very similar red so I hope he'll be pleased. The invoice in the parcel says it's only £42!  So even more of a bargain? I think it will outlive both of us! 🙂

Highlighted

Just got a boxset of DVD's for GD so that's crossed off the list.  I will get there.....I WILL get there , Smiley Happy

I wish I was as superly organised as some I could name............Katy!

Highlighted

Today is the first day I have felt 100% well for a week.  I can only hope it continues........

I have acquired 12 yr old GD's Xmas list, it is mainly DVD's so I will be getting them online when I leave Benchland tonight.  Daughter and SIL are sorted.  Son wants trainers, just need to get to the shop in City, hopefully going next week, while Xmas Market is still on.  Eldest GD will be more than happy with a book and vouchers.  Smallest GD is easy, I just buy what her Mother tells me to Smiley Happy .  Then there's the difficult ones.....need to liaise with Son this weekend.  I must get on with this otherwise it'll be February before I'm finished!

I've just seen your post Katy...I am so, so, SO happy for you both that it was good news. Thank goodness I can now uncross everything, it's been quite difficult......especially driving with my eyes crossed Smiley Tongue

I can imagine how glad you are to have that crossed off the list, Many hugs to you!

Also yay, JCJ with your meeting with Head. Good news for you too.  

Highlighted

All the double crossing, fingers, toes, eyes etc have worked!!!!!

Am firmly on the "woo hoo" bench, ED has has the all clear from the "bad" one but she still has to see neurology. The relief is ENORMOUS...............big, big thank you for your support, hugs to us all xx

Highlighted

bowlen golchi llestri = Welsh washing up bowl!

Wow results back quick for ED! Still got everything crossed.

I love seeded bread too, FF - maybe a different brand might not cause you the same problems? It was most unlikely to be urine infection if you were recovering in between bouts - (or anything more sinister, as I was told when my gallstone symptoms first started)

I had a word with exec HT today and she has agreed that I can swap the day I cover the Y4/5 class - my only regular teaching commitment - to one of the days when they have visiting specialists in to teach them PE for half the afternoon (so I'm only required for crowd control and have no planning or marking). She also said it is not OK that I'm being expected to plan both the afternoon lessons! Whoops. I have probably got the teacher in to trouble. So didn't want to do that!

Swam another mile tonight - well just over. 3 3/4 miles left to swim. I'm now at a place called Pulias (sounds like a sore bottom?) There are 4 more weeks left until Christmas so hopefully I'll still make it. Attaching tinsel to my cozzy in readiness! 🙂

Highlighted

We're all in Great Britain but there are so many differences Smiley Happy  Can't help wondering what the Welsh call a washing up bowl/basin!

Everything in garden stayed put but it was a wild night.  Calmer today but chilly, coat on AND done up for the first time,  Went up to town for the market stall that sells cheap puzzle books, bought four. On the way back to the car park I thought I'd just look into the department store.  Was it a mistake or was it fortuitous?  A pair of boots just leapt out at me ( I've sort of been looking for boots for a little while).  I tried them on, oh yes, comfy..........I left the shop £80 poorer. Oops.

Results of urine test in......no infection.  I knew that.....I know my body.  Today tummy is fine, I have an inkling (finally) as to what might have caused all this, a new kind of nutty, seeded, very yummy bread, I'm giving it up pronto and we'll see what happens.

Need to pressure the family as to Xmas lists, so I can get on with the shopping.

I have everything crossed for your ED.

Highlighted

Yep FF we do have a cultural difference haha!

Have discovered by googling that my basin is your washing up bowl, so my basin is in my kitchen sinkSmiley LOL and your washing up bowl is in yoursSmiley LOL

Bit like the arms/legs thing.........

Love shopping online, as you say JCJ, it's exciting when they arrive even though they are not yours!

So give it a try FF, so much easier no standing in queques etc.

It is sooooooooooo cold here and this is only the start?

Hope your tum is ok FF, no results yet?

ED should have her results tomorrow.

Went to chippie tonight, managed to get off the "CBA" bench to fetch xx

Highlighted

I am quite worried that you seem to have this Xmas thing all ordered and/or wrapped up and I've done nothing!  Perhaps I need to start thinking about it Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Everything crossed KCT - including your initials! I meant to type it that way honestly. Nothing to do with the fact my fingers and eyes are crossed! 

HUGE parcel arrived today. YD asked for a multi apperture photo frame for their wedding photos. I spent ages trying to choose one on Mr Futon's site. Eventually picked one that held 24 photos. I was slightly concerned that it might be a little on the large size, but the parcel was nearly as tall as me - and as wide!!! OMG! Actual frame is very large but the packaging extended at least a foot beyond the frame so it's not as enormous as it looked and, hopefully, she won't think it's too excessive!

I'm going to have to invest in some mega rolls of wrapping paper: got to wrap that frame, a food processor in an enormous box, for DIL, and a bulky dressing gown and a small suitcase for OH! That's a large volume of stuff to get down the chimney?!

Suitcase hasn't arrived yet. I ordered it online from J*** L**** and bought a jumper which I've had my eye on, at the same time, so that I didn't have to pay postage. Jumper arrived today and an email saying they'd accidentally sent the other parcel to the wrong Midlands town and will rectify the mistake ASAP!! No idea where I'm going to hide it when it arrives - and it will probably be OH who receives it from the delivery man (or woman!) anyway. 

Love online Christmas shopping. I get to do it in my dressing gown drinking a mugatea and parcels arrive that I get to unwrap even though they're presents for other people. It's just like Christmas! 😄

Highlighted

Whoa....point is you pull it very very gently. It will open with no damage Smiley Happy

Oh lawkes , have we another cultural difference here? Basin? Sink? Upstairs I have a bathroom sink, otherwise called a wash basin.  Downstairs I have a kitchen sink.  Nowhere do I have a basin in a sink!!  

I have everything double crossed for your ED. Hope the results are good.

Went back to work today, have had the last two days off with the tummy troubles, but ok today.  Still haven't caught up with teacher as she was off today. Maybe tomorrow.

No rain here but it's blowing a hoolie tonight, I've put bricks on certain things in the garden and hope they are still there in the morning.

Highlighted

Gosh never thought of that FF, depends on how excited she is when pullingSmiley Happy, the game inside sounds funny so we will see...........

Had GS for a short while today, ED went for her blood tests, so now fingers and toes have to be double crossed.

YD came home with a bag last night, inside was a beautifully wrapped gift, it's my Xmas present, woo hoo!!

Soooooooooooo excited already hahaha

Had to go out to buy a new basin for my sink, picked mine up with just a little water in it and the sides all cracked obviously have no idea of my own strength..........showed GS new one and he said "don't like it" haha, what's he like?

It has poured with rain both yesterday and today, yuck xx

Highlighted

Of course I was booked for the show months ago.....(no....actually I saw a preview of the routine on Friday's Strictly, It Takes Two and thought yay that's me!).

Your virtual dinners are great, cause no upset tummy at all.  It's still up and down, one minute fine the next pain.  Keeping paracetamol at hand. Watching what I eat. Still waiting for results of urine test. At this moment I'm great, fine, no problem Smiley Happy

Went food shopping with daughter today to a different supermarket in a nearby town.  Not one we normally visit but daughter and family are fed up with the same old, same old dinners.  So she thought she'd see if they had different things. Really I just tagged along for the pleasure of her company.  She spent a few pennies less than £100 and all on decent food no junk or rubbish (except for the 36 pack of crisps) I spent £20 and £10 of that was on a book!  I told her to stop her family eating so much!  She said it would last them a fortnight.

Weather....mild, drizzle just as I like it.

I once bought a giant cracker, open it very carefully and then you can keep it for years just putting odd things inside every year. Mine lasted for ages.

Highlighted

FF, you are famous, woo hoo, there is no one else like youSmiley Happy!

Hope you had a word with the naughty one.

Enjoyed Sunday dinner JCJ, yum yum.

What a palaver regarding daughter/school, glad it has all worked outSmiley Happy.

Went for my muggachoc today, then to shop nearby, wanted to buy a giant cracker for GD, saw them last week, reached up and read back of box, oh no really yucky tat inside so decided not to bother........had a look online and have bought one with a game inside so much more fun I think?? haha.

No muggachocs for a couple of weeks cause have things to do on Mon, one being my lido, seems to have come around really quickly this time.

No snow here but it is very cold, brrrrrrrrrrrr xx

Highlighted

FF, I laughed out loud when I saw the break dancing on Strictly tonight. You were a. maze. ing (to quote Craig R-H)

You certainly kept that secret very well (but seriously, did you know it was going to be on tonight? Or an incredibly lucky guess? Oh, of course you knew, I suppose they booked you months ago? :p) 

I think I can say what's causing your stomach problems. Spinning that fast, upside down perhaps?

Enjoy the virtual dinner. They never cause stomach problems. 😄

Highlighted

Did you see me tonight....on Strictly Smiley HappyWell disguised but that was me doing my signature dance!

My talents have finally been recognised (but the pay was pants)!  I kept it really quiet and fortunately Hump and Dink remained in ignorance and didn't turn up. Whew!

Quiz night was very enjoyable, we didn't win (we never do) but we were fifth out of fourteen so not too shabby.

Will be having quiet, polite words with teacher tomorrow. She is NQT so perhaps doesn't quite get the etiquette between teachers and cleaners?  I've whipped other teachers into shape so I'm sure she'll comply with my standards with a little training Smiley Tongue

Lovely quiet day today. read a book, played with Purdie, been nowhere, watched tv, tummy reasonably ok.

Watch out for the forecast snow Katy!

Highlighted

Dinner is gammon, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sprouts, carrots, peas and parsley sauce, followed by chocolate pear sponge and chocolate sauce.

OH opened a bottle of Chianti last night and I didn't really like it, so I tried mixing some of my tonic water with it. Success! It made both the wine and the tonic water (Uber expensive brand: "high temperature sickness tree" - the only one I can stomach as everything else is too sweet!) taste better. And it's medicinal, so I have to drink it! We finished the bottle with dinner tonight. Hic!!

I was so annoyed with school on Friday! YD said she'd come and help with the mincepieathon the weekend of 2nd or 9th December as DIL will be at work both those weekends -  delivering Sign Along training (other sign languages are available). I checked and discovered school Christmas Fair was 2nd, so she agreed to come on 9th. DIL needs their car and YD discovered that hiring a car cost half the train fare, so she booked and paid for the hire car. On Friday, I learned that our wonderful PTA has rescheduled the Fair for the 9th! Arggghh! I've already booked and paid for my stall to sell knitted stuff and home made jam. Grrrrr! I had a bit of a strop but was reassured that I would be refunded my £10 if I could no longer do the stall, but then I'd be landed with a load of knitted c*** including Christmas stuff that I'd struggle to get rid of elsewhere! Grrrrr! Luckily, YD has managed to cancel and rebook the hire car for the 2nd, without incurring any extra cost. Phew! Lucky she wasn't coming by train - that wouldn't have been so easy to change?! She says it actually works out better for her as her work is moving premises on Monday 11th - arriving back late the night before perhaps not the best idea? It also means their traditional chocolate advent calenders won't have to be posted as she can take them back with her, only 2 days late! 🙂

Highlighted

meant to say thank you again for your kindness so much appreciated xx

Highlighted

Bad behaviour FF, you'll need to sort her out, can just imagine haha!!

Hope you had a lovely time at Quiz Night and raised lots.

Oh dear what's going on with that tummy??

JCJ, Make a statement in your jam jams, some people go to supermarket in theirs so think you are fine hanging out washingSmiley Happy

What's for tea tonight? Yours are sooooooooo much better than mine.

Yes a cry was a good thing, just didn't want to break in front of ED, she was fine, just didn't want her upset about me being upset, she has enough on her plate.

Friend slipped in her hallway and broke her foot in 3 different places, needed pins etc and it will be 3 months before she is back to normal, felt so sorry for her, in hospital for a week but home now. Said to her when she is able we will celebrate with dinner at fancy place and we will have a starter, main and dessert maybe even a dram??? Just go the whole hog may even eat the hog?

All quiet this weekend, only nipped to supermarket for essentials, feet up and settle down soon, not quite soooooooo cold here, hurrah xx

Highlighted

PS can't believe your teachers would leave that mess without bothering to at least attempt to clean up. I would have at least put all the paintings on one table to dry and wiped the others! Grrrr!

Highlighted

While you're in Blackpool for Strictly, FF, pop up and say "hello" to Norecambe for us! 🙂 I hope Hump & Dink don't get to know you're going: they LOVE chasing the donkeys on the beach and creating mayhem on the rollercoasters, and I hate to imagine what havoc they could wreak on the sprung floor of the Tower Ballroom!

I hope you discover soon what triggers your tummy problems. I know it's miserable when you fear the consequences of eating anything!

KTC, not a twit. A good cry is good for you. Bottling up all that worry will only make you find it harder to deal with it. I'm sure your daughter understands that, as her mum, you are worried. Take a perch on the CSL bench if you need to and let it all out. Then you can be strong when/if you need to be. 

Pyjama day was nice at school. The kids were surprisingly well behaved and it was a lovely relaxed atmosphere. We raised over £150 for C.I.N. so that's good too. 

This morning, I didn't want to hang the washing out because, "I'm still in my pyjamas and I don't want the neighbours to see" then it struck me that I WENT TO WORK in those same pyjamas yesterday, and drove there and back!  Perhaps it was the lack of undergarments that made it feel so much more inappropriate?!