68594members
360756posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Feel a bit more better today. Getting there. Muscles achey and weak from all the coughing. (Bladder control an issue! :() But I'm not coughing quite so much.

Actually felt hungry for the first time in nearly a week, today! But then I spoilt my dinner (pie (bought) and chips (home made) cooked by OH) by snacking on 1/2lb of peanuts - because they were there!

Hope you feel better soon too, Katy.

Car left at repair place to have the bus-altercation-on-ice scars dealt with. £150 cash and it'll take them a couple of days to do it, so that's better than I expected - less than the excess on my insurance, so I'm glad I decided not to claim! They've promised I'll have it back by Friday when I'll need it for work.

We've also, after a loooong meeting with an "advisor" (who's no longer allowed to advise!!), started the process of switching bank accounts. Yey! No more Huge Stupid Bank of China! Almost. Just a couple of weeks (slightly longer than 7 days due to most of our direct debits going out in the next few days, so they're going to delay the switch until after they've gone out).

Starting 2018 full of good intentions. It can't last! 😛

Highlighted

No celebrations hereSmiley Sad, am also on the "feeling ****" bench...........

Coughing and sneezing constantly and nose pouring, it's turned into a stinking rotten cold, sooooooooooo CBA by it all.

Sounds like fun ali, don't blame you for declining hot tub haha.

delly, think you made the 12,000 post, woohoo!

JCJ, too much too soon, it's incredibly draining.

FF, are you back at work?

Quiet day here, am hiding haha xx

Highlighted

Felt utterly **** yesterday and didn't stray far from the CBA bench. Managed to cook Sunday dinner (roast pork and all the trimmings) but no dessert because we have a houseful of uneaten pies, Welsh cakes, Christmas pudding, not to mention the Christmas cake that's not even been started. A sure sign that I have had very little appetite for the past few days!  I didn't really want the dinner, but I made it because I knew OH would, and I did eat some - a smaller portion than usual.

I thought I was feeling better today but washing my car (it's going to visit a paintwork repair place tomorrow and I don't want them to think it's a sh** heap so they can do any old botch job!) made me cough until I was sick. 😞 

After a rest to recover, I've managed to tick 2 more things off the holiday "to do" list: cleaned oven - just a quick wipe required, as I'm sticking to my resolve to clean it regularly - (the prsky, fiddly shelves can wait!) - and mopped the kitchen floor. Now firmly back on the reading bench to recover from those exertions before it's time to get dinner: turkey curry, to use up the last of the turkey (apart from 3 double portions that are in the freezer to enjoy later in the year!)

2018 has started off well: Someone bought the lion on Mr Futon, so that's a fiver for BCC. Result! 😄

Highlighted

Happy new year!! And, Hello Delly 🙂

I stayed up to see the new year in with friends, and yes, I'm sorry -one of the fireworks was ours! In years gone by we've welcomed the new year from their hot tub, watching the fireworks overhead. Now older and wiser, we nipped outside for the one firework and then back in to the fire and Jools Holland 🙂

Highlighted

Happy healthy New Year girls, woo hoo 2018!! xx

Highlighted

Happy. Healthy New Year everyone! 🍻

Highlighted

Thank you Delly, hope I'm still here six years on too!

Wishing everyone one on here a happy and healthy New Year and now I'm off to bed with my hot chocolate!  Fireworks  may or may not wake me up at midnight!  Raining buckets so that might put off some of the revellers.....

Highlighted

FF - Hope your 9th Jan 2018 appointment is a good positive result, and gives you a further GOOD reason to still be on this thread, another 6 years hence. :-)) X
Highlighted

Oooops - just caught it's Matlock Bath in the Peak District, JCJ rather than its neighbour, Matlock Muddy Puddle Dip. xxx
Highlighted

Hi Girls

Couldn't resist a stop off (it's probably exactly a year since my previous one), to have a quick read. Check whether your antics are still as comical?  Wasn't disappointed - especially Purdie's possible lampshade, FF.

When's your next suitably sparkly attired Norcombe meet then?? And where in the Peak District have you chosen for your next hol, JCJ? Living in the area, I can steer you where to and where not to!!

Wishing you all  a very Happy and Healthy New Year. Keep doing what you're doing - if it makes me chuckle, it'll make a load of others chuckle. Wish you all well, you barmy lot 

Much love, DellyWellyDingDong xxxxxxx   

Highlighted

I promise not to get the appts mixed up but the thought of me wearing a lampshade and a surprised expression made me laugh!

Glad your holiday is booked, something to look forward to in these wintry days.  Tablet is still in the box, waiting for DIL to set it up for me.  I'm too scared to try to do it myself........technophobe is me.........need to know if my my i-pod is bluetooth enabled and Son told me how to do that and I still can't find it......!  I'd probably make the tablet self destruct................

Sorry you are coughing too , Katy.  Both of you try broncho stop pastilles, a herbal remedy for coughs.  I found them to be really good. (Other cough remedies.......etc).

Tea and biscuits at Daughter's this afternoon. Whole family present, that's the third time this week we've all been together, lovely.  Probably won't happen again 'til Easter.

Finished off at school today. It's all ready for the new term. Just the staff in on Tuesday and children back on Wednesday.

Highlighted

Just visualising FF wandering around wearing a lampshade collar and a surprised expression! Hehehe! 

At least the vet has to administer the treatment - and attach the lampshade! - so your hands will be safe from further injury, FF!

I haven't felt especially tired, until today, KTC, but the lack of sleep and the exhaustion from coughing all the *****y time is taking its toll now. I had a sore throat for just one day at the start. Of course, despatching OH to chemist to get more throat meds (only 4 lozenges left in old pack "use by" date: Nov 2012 - ah well they worked OK! - and Christmas long weekend of shop closure looming) has meant that it got better immediately and the new packet is still unopened!

I have always been prone to coughs, but now, thanks to the wonders of BC, I have to be really firm with myself to stop me panicking that something seriously sinister is the cause. GET A GRIP! 😐

I may be immobilised but, thanks to the wonders of t'internet and my trusty Hudl (other tablets are still available), I have booked a week in a cottage near Matlock Bath for the second week of the school Easter holiday. 🙂 I used a company we have used before, several times, and never a bad one. I think the brilliant Durham one was through them too. No more neurotic landladies - hopefully! 😄

Highlighted

.............. do not mix appts FF, you are not to go to Purdies without Purdie, under no circumstance, whatsoever........

Well, who would have thought? am now joining you on the "coughing" bench JCJ. Nasty.........woke up red hot throat and spluttering, coughing and choking, good morning to me.

Sooooooooooo can't be bothered with it so am going to take two tabs and go to bed asap.

Am feeling superly tired, do you feel like that JCJ? xx

Highlighted

I'm not sure The Madlands would be terribly thrilled that our going for a pub meal in Mancaster is more special than their afternoon tea?! 😛

My cough is still getting on my nerves. It was 4 o'clock this morning before I got to sleep because every time I started to drop off I started to cough. Gave up and read for a couple of hours. I don't feel ill. Just can't move, or talk, certainly not laugh, without coughing and it's wearing me out! May need to invest in some Tenna lady, too, if this keeps on! :{

We seem to have missed the snow here this time, although I did hear on the news that our nearest airport was closed the other day due to snow and ice, and we saw cars in our local town that had snow on them.

How're you getting on with your tablet, FF? I hope you like it.

Highlighted

Very strange weather this morning, beautiful sunshine and blue skies alternating with black skies and torrential rain.  Some of the best rainbows I have ever seen!  Settled down this afternoon to just rain and hail.  No ice around, it's too warm for that.

Oh heck, do I have to pack dress up clothes for Norecambe and our new venture?  Ballgowns?

Appts? I've got one on the 4th with the respiratory nurse, 9th for the mammo and I must make one at the vets.......no, not for me!........Purdie needs to be spayed and microchipped.  Thinking that Purdie will be wearing a lampshade after the op, I tried last night to put a collar on her (I have tried before but they were all far too big).  I soon gave up on that idea and wiped the blood off my hands!  

Highlighted

What no chippie??? Oh no you must be under the weatherSmiley Frustrated JCJ, hope soup picks you up.

Pretty tops are a must for Norcambe and surrounding areas, remember we are doing something more special than we have done previously, so dress up is good haha.

How long will you be going for? Nothing could be as bad as last year..............

Hope your roads were fine this morning FF.

We have had snow and rain today, it's very cold too, brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Finally my neurology appt has arrived, not for another while yet but at least I have appt now, hurrah, am thinking it's arthritis in my neck, symptoms seem similar. xx

Highlighted

Spent the day researching holiday cottages in the Peak District for Easter holiday. Don't want to travel so far this year and certainly don't want to repeat last year's disappointing holiday experience! I think I've found a lovely place. Just got to let OH think it was his idea! 😛

Parcel arrived this am. I splashed out in the online sales and bought a lovely teal jumper with chiffon sleeves and diamante embellishments around the neckline. It was from "Ancient civilisation renowned for building straight roads" and was £10 off in the sale. Bargain! I now have 3 sparkly tops and I've realised I swore I wouldn't bother going to the next staff do so, actually, I have no occasion to wear any of them!! Mr Futon ones aren't as nice as today's so at least one of them will go to a charity shop.

Cough is still annoying. I'm fine as long as I don't move, laugh or talk too much. Perfect excuse to stay here on the CBA bench all day?! 🙂

Made a delicious soup from the turkey bones, left over gravy and vegetables. That's what I'm having for dinner, followed by a jacket spud, as I can't be **sed to go to the chippy.

Highlighted

Woo hoo Katy, two new sofas!  Well done you!  Sometimes we have to stop thinking and just go for it Smiley Happy

Sorry the swimming is on hold JCJ, hope you get better soon.  Also very cold and sunny here, decided not to go to school as every time local news was on the radio they kept on about ice on rural roads.  I'll make up the time tomorrow when the forecast is for rain and 9 degrees. Won't be any ice about then!

Highlighted

Well was fine with decipher until chicken/hen thingy, (long, pondering think) then had a woo hoo moment and code was solvedSmiley Happy!!

That's not good JCJ, hope you are better soon, nothing worse than an annoying cough, you end up your whole body hurts, ouch.

Nothing in the sales yesterday but today have gone mad.............ordered 2 new sofas, WHAT??

Thought about it last year but did my usual pondering, have bitten the bullet and just went for it sooooooooo am pretty excited, won't be here for another few months, deep breaths, it's doneSmiley Happy

Will have to go and lie down now, haha xx

Highlighted

Not going to be able to start my Loch Lomond swim tonight. 😞 Cough is worse today and too much exertion makes me cough until I'm nearly sick - not good in a swimming pool! (Never mind a freezing loch??! :p)

It's been a lovely sunny day here today. Very cold but sunny. I finally managed to drag myself off the CBA bench and we went to a nearby water park (VERY watery today - half the footpaths were submerged in the lakes!) for a gentle stroll. Even that made me cough if I tried to talk or laugh at the same time! Beautiful trees though, reflected in the extra big lakes. We had a mugatea (flask of hot water and tea bags bought with us!) and mince pies and Welsh cakes in the car admiring the view. Glad I made the effort.

Turkey, chorizo, chilli noodles for dinner - if I can remember how I made it last time when it was delicious!

Highlighted

Ok, I'm stone cold sober tonight, JCJ and got your hyphenated chickenhouse and the bank immediately. Brains have not deserted me, it WAS the wine last night Smiley Happy

Lots of flooding round here so my journey to school was quite wet but passable with care.  Did unders and behinds at school, the places that only get cleaned in the holidays Smiley Happy  Tomorrow, toilets deep clean, lots of bleach being thrown around, (I'm not allowed to use bleach in term time, elf 'n safety!) so in holidays it's everywhere I can put it!

Tidied my house, read a book, I've had a good day.

Got an appt. for the 9th January Katy, six years to the month from the appt that caused me to be here, although it's the same month, I'm so glad it's not the same day!

Highlighted

All is not lost, tv is incredibly boring tonight so will be spending rest of evening trying to decipher.........xx

Highlighted

Aaah ali, the forum will be sooooo valuable to her, if BB finds her way to Benchland she will be made most welcome.

Well, your day sounds like mine JCJ, nothing accomplishedSmiley Frustrated, ventured into town to visit the sales, didn't like anything whatsoever, usually shop online BUT a certain shop NEVER has what they are advertising.......... always sold out................drives me crazy............you only find out when it goes into your basket, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Think that should be illegal.

Speaking of the van do you have your appt FF?

Didn't wear my ballgown opted for leggings and a new top instead, soooooooo glad I did, top was big and baggy and hid my expanding tummy haha! xx

Highlighted

Commiserations to Brodie Bear. She will be made very welcome if she does find her way to Benchland. I shall light some lanterns along the path from The Dark Woods to help her find us.

Nipped into local town today to try to switch bank account from "Huge Stupid Bank of China" (which have really been ****ing us off lately) to another big high street bank (they don't do prescriptions like their namesake pharmacies!) but we couldn't do it today - had to make an appointment for next Tuesday. 

Had lunch in supermarket (chicken house? No. It's hyphenated!) and as I sat down I spotted THE VAN! Managed to eat my soup & roll without having to swap places with OH so I couldn't see it. I'm improving! 🙂

Went to try to get car fixed - paintwork damage after my altercation with the bus in the ice - but the place was closed, probably for the whole week. Another job for next week then.

Back home to CBA bench.

Highlighted

My lovely friend Brodie Bear has just been dx, I'm hoping she'll be able to find Benchland.....
Highlighted

Oh, and "Big River" took me far longer than it should have done.  I'm going to blame the fact that Daughter gave me a lift to and from Son's and DIL was liberal with the wine..........

Highlighted

Another lovely evening at Son's though we all left earier than usual because of the water on the roads, they're not really flooded but there are gigantic puddles so driving is not easy as they can't be seen in the dark!  Also because Son has to get up at 4am to go to work and he's still not well although he is better than yesterday.

I acquired another jigsaw puzzle and lots of chocolate today, yay Smiley Happy

So you got the bag you wanted JCJ and now some vouchers for something else, I'd call that win,win!  

Nipped upstairs a little while ago to the bathroom (as you do) and thought I'd see where Purdie was, expecting her to be asleep on my bed.  Went into the bathroom first and there she was....... curled up in the sink!

I have to go to school tomorrow, was I off sick last week or just couldn't be a****d? I don't want any more sick days on my record so I need to go in this week instead of last.

Highlighted

On the little bit sad bench. The girls have just left for their 3 hour drive home. 😞 I was going to go for a walk around the local streets to enjoy everyone's pretty lights to cheer myself up but it's lashing down with rain - forecast to return to snow later, but rain again by morning. At least I don't have to drive anywhere tomorrow!

Opened the rest of the presents today and we had a bit of a "great minds" problem too. I put a lovely, leather rucsac handbag on my "big river" wish list. It was quite expensive (by my standards - not for those who routinely spend silly money on handbags!) so I wasn't really expecting to get it. I had 2. Both OH and YD bought it for me! Both in the same colour! I wondered why OH said, "Is that the right one?" when I opened the gift from the girls!

I have contacted "Big River" and they have said we can return one, but as it wasn't direct from them, one of the purchasers will need to do it. It looks like they both ordered it at exactly the same time - definitely  the same day, 17th November - which could be why they could both see it on my list as "unpurchased""! YD agreed to return hers and buy some "Big River" vouchers for me with the refund, so I can look forward to some New Year shopping! 

YD also bought me a knitting pattern book for some very cute teddy bears, so that's my next project, after I've knitted some more take away coffee cup  cosies for friends of DIL who have seen the one I knitted her. I'll make a few and she can sell them in aid of The Hamlet Centre, where she works. 🙂 That's if I can remember how I made it!

Most of the gifts from school have been admired and quietly put in the pile for the next charity bag that comes - let them make some money out of them instead of them sitting around unused here - apart from the edible ones, of course! 🙂

Back to mundane chores tomorrow, but at least, unlike lots of people, YD included, I don't have to go back to work.

Highlighted

Lovely here tooSmiley Happyxx

Food munched, not too many leftovers, presents opened, everyone excited, pennies for me, new game and cream for rejuvenating me, well, my face hahaha, so a new younger version will be seen in Norcambe!!!

Tears pouring down our faces with laughter at GD's game, was soooooooooo funny, ED was fine because she was a winnerSmiley Happy, which made things funnier.............

I agree, never guilt anyone ever. Think it is a horrible trait.

Hope son feels better today FF, and your daughter too, JCJ.

Happy times for all indeedSmiley Happy

Poured with rain all day yesterday, am quiet today, am going to sit on the "CBA" bench indefinitely xx

Highlighted

We've had a lovely day too. I got up at 8 to put the oven on and sat in my PJs reading, drinking coffee and nibbling on salty snacks until everyone else surfaced around 11:30 (the joys of a civilised child-free Christmas?!) We opened a few presents each - DIL was thrilled with her food processor (and that D had let her have it! They'd been arguing about kitchen cupboard clutter!) OH a bit non-plussed with his suitcase - I'm not sure he wasn't thinking I was sending him packing! 🙂 The roast beast feast was delicious - even if I do say so myself! - and we all ate too much, of course. 

A short walk to get some air and make some room for turkey rolls - the best bit! It was very short because D suffering with a nasty cold but trying to put a brave face on it. I know she's not well because we've only consumed one bottle of wine since they arrived yesterday tea time, and one bottle of bux fizz. And I've had most of that. Most unlike her! She has also resisted the mini sausages and 'pigs' in the fridge EVERY time she's been in there for milk to make tea. Wow! Send for the doc!! It was lucky we didn't walk far because it chucked it down with rain about 5 minutes after we got in and has continued to do so ever since!

We've watched some silly films and the Christmas Bake Off and generally had a good day lolling about. About half the presents are left to open tomorrow and we're all looking forward to the Boxing Day Pie! 

I texted ES to tell him there was money from me in his bank account. He was playing tanks with his 'nephew' (technically his GF's nephew) so he seems happy. I miss him, but I'm glad he's happy. I absolutely refuse to go down the emotional blackmail route my MIL used to use!!

Highlighted

I'm home from a lovely day at Son's, dinner was fabulous, DIL outdid herself.( To think that when Son married her her she couldn't boil an egg!)  Son was dying from man flu but did his best to be cheerful.  Seems to have forgiven me for buying a tablet Smiley Embarassed

Grandchildren really loved their presents from me and I got loads of hugs........I only bought what their parents told me to but I was really pleased they all loved them!

I received vouchers from Son, after the tablet debacle he had no time to get anything else.  Daughter gave me a jigsaw (Purdie will help with that??!!) and a cardigan.  She said she tried hard to think what I would like and not what she would like and she's got it just right, I am chuffed to bits! 

A brilliantly lovely happy day for me. I hope all yours have been as good.  We're all back to Son's tomorrow for the usual Boxing Day tea, I hope he feels a little bit better. I will be wearing the new cardi.

Highlighted

OH been in his Christmas grump all day but he snapped out of it when the girls arrived at 5pm. Both have bad colds so we're sharing the "mulled parecetamol" (=lemsip!)

Lasagne has been consumed, The Were Rabbit has been watched (YD bought the DVD) and the girls have retired to bed to try and sleep off their lurgs.

We could never play games either, KTC, because OH & ES are too competitive. When i was a child, we always had a new board game for Christmas and played it altogether on Christmas day. I tried that a few times with OH & kids but gave it up. Not worth the agro!

Wishing everyone in Benchland a pleasant day tomorrow and a happy, healthy 2018! xx

Highlighted

I had to bite the bullet last night and wrap presents.  Purdie did "help" but it wasn't as bad I feared, some wrapping paper got crumpled, a couple of presents had their corners chewed.  A sticky label attached itself to her paw, that was quite funny! Smiley Happy

Today she has gained the freedom of the whole house, I tried giving it to her about four weeks ago but she  just wanted to climb the banisters and then fell about eight feet onto the stairs and didn't land on her feet. So I blocked it off again. Today, however she proved big and strong enough to get over the barrier so that's that. I hope she's learned a little more sense or more surefootedness.

Found out today that a cat was the cause of the accident yesterday.  No humans were hurt but the poor pussy is badly injured.  That reinforces my idea to keep Purdie as a house cat with a large catio.  Son and SIL are building the catio in the New Year, I'm sure all the family think I've gone bonkers, Son has taken to calling me "mad cat lady"!

My house looks as if a bomb has dropped on it, I've never seen it so untidy. at least no-one will be visiting me, so I'll tidy up as and when I feel like it.  

I am ready for Xmas, thanks to the local sweetshop opening today and an other customer saying "oh look, chocolate tractors" . Just the thing for SIL's Boxing Day pressie!  Got a tin of "Man Flu" mints for Son which is apt as he rang me tonight to say he's caught a cold.

A very, very Merry Christmas to all in Benchland.

Highlighted

Aaaah JCJ, had forgotten how brilliant they wereSmiley Happy!!!

A lot of memories, indeed.............

Went to pick up food and decided to sing the Benchland Carols, silently of course, drew quite a crowd and a few strange looks..........

Everything is now done & dusted, not a space in the fridge, hoovered, beds done etc so just quick tidy up tomorrow morning, hurrah.

ED came along and I told her about game I had bought GD and said we will play it tomorrow, she was thrilled, NOT, had forgotten how much she hates games, she was such a sore loser hahaha!! So will force her to play hahaha. xx

Highlighted

Here's another resurrected carol for you:

Awake in a hot sweat (to the tune of Away in a Manger)

Awake in a hot sweat, throw covers off the bed,
The demons of cancer abound in my head.
The wind in my stomach causes pain when I lay,
Then lazy JCJ asleep half the day.

The camels are glowing, the donkey’s on skates,
But little dog Joey for The Duchess he waits

I love all my new friends, who understand my plight
Someone to laugh with in the middle of the night

Believe me, oh BCC, I thank you today

For keeping me sane, and I’d just like to say:
Bless all BC patients feeling tender and scared,
And take us to Benchland, to live guilt-free there.

That brings back some memories!

Loads to do today. Once I can get off this chair and get dressed!

Highlighted

Absolutely brilliant JCJ, my favourite carol and you've adapted it to fit our world. I'll never hear it again without the words " oh holey tights"  reminding me of the support and friendship we all get from these forums.

The dreaded van has arrived in our supermarket car park and I have had a letter today inviting me to a mammogram on the 12th January. Timing is not good so I will have to phone and get a more convenient time but I'm NOT thinking about that that until Xmas is over.

Didn't get up to town today as the road was closed due to a traffic accident just outside my house.  Didn't see it but I heard it and went to look out of the window.  No one injured but police and ambulance came and the road was shut for about 3 hours.  I decided I could wait until tomorrow to get the last minute things.

Highlighted

Thought I'd reinstate the Benchland carols. Anyone care to join me for a sing song? There are some alliburgers and alchofrolic beverages left from Thursday's Guernsey festivities.

Oh holey tights

O holey tights! The shoes are brightly shining,
It is the night of our great chariot race.
Long sat the girls in The Station Hotel dining.
Till the dogs appeared and the camels increased their pace.
A thrill of hope the dreary prom rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious form
Tights to your knees! Oh, hear the Benchland voices!

On off with the fleece, “Oh Christ it’s warm!”;
O tights, O holey tights , O tights knee high
O night, O holey tights , O tights knee high

Led by the light of Katy’s chariot beaming,
With thumping hearts by Eric’s statue we stand.
O'er the girls the sweat is sweetly gleaming,
Now come the women from out of the Benchland.
To The Kings pub we shall make our way
In all our trials BC made us friends.
We know our needs, whose turn is it to pay?
Behold The Kings! Inside there’s cups of tea!
Behold The Kings! Inside there’s cups of tea!

BC has taught us to love one another,
We live by love and our gospel is peace.
Lynn we shall thwart, for the sleeve is our brother.
And in Benchland’s name all guiltiness shall cease.

Great chunks of guilt to the grateful crocs toss we,
With all our hearts we praise BCC’s name.
Christ, is it warm? Then peeling off a fleece we,
Chomp on an alliburger, dancing round the flame.
Chomp on an alliburger, dancing round the flame.

Highlighted

Right that's it. Turkey, veg, salad, cream & bread fetched from farm shop. OH despatched earlier, to chemist to get me Strepsils extra strength (other.....)  because, of course,  within 3 hours of finishing school yesterday, I developed a nasty cough, sore throat and fuzzy head! Typical! Feel a tad sh**. YD has a nasty cold too, so we can be miserable together when they arrive tomorrow. She's doing a roast pork feast for her in-laws today.

Anything I've not got now we do without! Hunkering back down on the CBA bench with a mugatea, my tablet full of silly Christmas games and jigsaws and my Kindle (other...) Bowl full of chocolates on the coffee table. Let Christmas commence!

Half past 3 and it's not getting dark yet: the nights are drawing out again! Yeah!

Highlighted

HurrahSmiley Happy!! You did itSmiley Happy!!

Your entrance was truly spectacular, who would have thought so many people there to greet???

Did you manage to hear me & FF singing silently??

Loved your gowns girls, how clever using your bridesmaid dress?

Feeling slightly under the weather, too much glitterberry and ali burgers consumed..........

And what about those "sparkler" words JCJ? You are getting extremely inventive hahaha, what are you like??

Now Loch Lomond, that's where I was when I didn't know where I was..............

Head spinning today, have stuff to do but all in different directions, so haven't a clue where to start? Have a plan but it's too tiring so am away to ponder on the "CBA" bench indefinitely xx

Highlighted

I think I'll swim Loch Lomond next. 24 miles. I fancy another Scottish party. I start at Ardlui next week (if I'm not firmly esconsced on the CBA bench stuffed to the gunnels with turkey, chocolates and mince pies!!) There looks to be some tricky islands to negotiate en route! 🏊

Highlighted

I have arrived!! Hoorah! It's taken me 1 day, 13 hours and 13 minutes to complete the 30 miles. Pass me a large glitterberry juice and an alliburger and I'll just change into my glad rags.

Just the 3 of us in the pool again. It won't be like that for long, January usually brings everyone out with good intentions of getting fit.

Only one more get up and half a day at work. Nearly there!

I was going to say to you exactly what your daughter said, FF. If you don't  buy expensive presents for each other how could you possibly have known?? My mum always used to tell us not to buy anything for ourselves in the run up to Christmas - telling us to wait and see what we got first! Perhaps buy yourself a New Year present next year?! 

Pass me that sparkler, I want to write my name - the closest I'll ever get to seeing my name in lights!! J. C. J

Highlighted

NOOO! JCJ!  Mind those rocks......oh thank goodness...... you saw them!  Pass me a double glitterbury juice Katy, I feared the worst for a minute.  Well done JCJ.  What's next?

I'm recycling the outfit I wore to JCJ's Daughter's wedding.  Waste not want not but I have added pink and purple sequins.  

Saw Daughter today and she told me to stop beating myself up, that I could not possibly have thought that Son would buy me a tablet.  I feel a bit better now.  Been to town today, market day, got some more wrapping paper and some puzzle books, we have a stall that sells back copies of them cheaply.  (Have I said that before?)

Visiting my elderly friend tomorrow, couldn't go last week as cold was still at the infectious stage and I didn't want to give it to her.  I'm still getting through tissues at a rate of knots, still bunged up but feeling alright.

Highlighted

Ooooh party time, purple ballgown, red flashing light shoes, knee high tights, feathers in my hair, tiara on head and of course giant handbag to dance around, am readySmiley Happy

ali-burgers on the barbie, glitterberry juice on tap, sparklers on the table, lots of cake and lashings and lashings of cream..............

Where are you JCJ???? oh wait I can see a light, can it be??? It is, torch on your head shining, c'mon JCJ, you can do it xx

Highlighted

Ballgowns, purple bedazzled doc martens, tiaras and pearls all obligatory tonight. 9pm Vazon, Guernsey. Party time! I expect alliburgers, glitterberry juice and fireworks - at the very least - as I complete my 30 Mile circumnavigation! 😄 We can sing (silently of course!) the Benchland carols. 

FF, I completely understand your angst at spoiling son's surprise, but reassure him that it was such a brilliant idea: that you wanted one sooo much you couldn't wait! 🙂

Christmas dinner day. Bracing myself. Wearing my Christmas tree necklace and my furry Rudolph brooch.

Highlighted

Always wear the ball gown girls, and the tiara, and the pearls. After all......

Why not? We have washing machines to get rid of splatters!

Congratulations on excellent news Mary, relax now. And FF, ah well, great minds think alike 🙂

Highlighted

Aaaaaah FF, what a shame, he was obviously listening to you regarding tablet and it was lovely that they bought you one, you will have to be very specific from now on and tell everyone when you are buying things, as in "I'm getting it now". Try not to feel too upset, (do get where you are coming from) you have a great son and family, big hugs xx

Quiet day here, was really busy yesterday, so planned a tidy up and then sleep time, successSmiley Happy

My new game thing arrived today, sooooooooo all excitedSmiley Happy, am not keeping it till Xmas Day haha.

YD has just come home with a bottle of prosecco, she won it at work, hurrah!!

Ballgown may not be worn now, as you say JCJ splatters etc, prob not a good idea xx

Highlighted

We decided in the phone call that he will return his tablet and get his money back.  He was then worried that I wouldn't have a present from him,  I suggested vouchers, i-tunes, amazon, book tokens  or just an IOU as I've given him some IOU's when I haven't been able to sort a present for him.

I am really not bothered about a present from him now because  I am really, really upset to have spoilt his surprise for me. 

I

Highlighted

Is it too late to return your tablet, FF? You could always tell son that it was a rubbish one and his is better? I don't mind you blaming me for giving **** recommendations! Unless, of course he's bought the same one. That would be awkward! 

There's no point in me dressing up for Christmas day. I will be doing battle with a large turkey and I'm bound to splatter grease about! I will wear my smarter jeans and my Christmas jumper (with a t-shirt under so I can do the dance of the 40 fleeces)!

Cosy and comfortable. That's my plan.

Is it still only Tuesday? 2 performances tomorrow. Christmas dinner day on Thursday, then just Friday morning to stagger through. We can do this. 

Highlighted

Thank you so much, don't beat yourself up too much I am sure your son will understand. Glad you got your tyres and hair all done, you will be just beautiful!!

Hope your cold gets better soon.

Mary xx

Highlighted

I'm going to be wearing sackcloth and ashes this year!  I bought myself a tablet and told Daughter about it today.  Tonight I've had a phone call from my Son and he said "what did I think was waiting for me under his Xmas tree"?  I'm devastated!  Never in a million years did I think he'd buy me a tablet, 'cos we don't DO expensive presents!  I've totally spoilt his surprise (I could hear it in his voice) and I'm mortified.  I feel like **** now!  How on earth do I make this better?

On a lighter note, the car now has three new tyres, my hair has been cut, yes, I braved that mirror.  Still bunged up, still snotty but getting better, no signs of it going to my chest and breathing is normal.  I've wondered what would happen if I got a cold (I've managed to avoid them for 18 months)  but now I know it's possible to just have a cold.

Mary, fantastic news, so glad for you, Have the best Xmas ever!