68594members
360754posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Hahahaha KTC, are you being funny or can you really not remember that I'm swimming in that place you went on holiday when you didn't know where you were?! 😄 Loch Lomond. It was a bit less overcrowded tonight, but I still had to weave in and out and swim 1/2 lengths at times.

Got lots of bods in school tomorrow "reviewing" our progress (ie an inspection?!) but I'm determined not to stress about it. I shall do my job the the best of my ability, as always, and if they don't like it they can ........!!

I think I hit a massive pothole on my way back from swimming, just outside our village. The whole car twitched, there was a big bang and I nearly lost control of the steering. Too dark to be any point in going back to see what it was. Drove the rest of the way home without anything odd, so hopefully, it's not done any damage.

Right. Must dry my hair - if I can summon the strength to lift the hair dryer! 😮

Highlighted

I said the mammo was normal, I never said I was Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Woo hoo FF, bestest news everSmiley Happy!!! Creme egg coming your way, though you know we do have a problem with the normal tag??? We have met you hahaha!!

Have been hibernating today, very cold and pavements are a sheet of ice, not worth venturing out at all, brrrrrrrrr.

Had GS, he has been wild, running round and round the sofas as fast as he can, had to play crying spider for hours, (the one that was lost, now found) played hide and seek and did lots of cleaning, was tired yesterday am exhausted today haha.

Feet up for the rest of the day/night.

Where are you swimming JCJ??

Another hurrah for FF xx

Highlighted

NORMAL!! Hooray! Paaaarty time! 🙂

No snow just a bit of sleet. Had to scrape the car windscreen but the roads were ok. Phew! Strong winds forecast for tonight.

Highlighted

Snaps of Purdie?....I'll need an extra suitcase!  I'll bring the tablet, hoping to learn new things.

Daughter called in today with GD, who was sooooo tired after making pizza at pre-school and having it for lunch.

And why does Purdie think a good place to sit is on the wet washing that is waiting it's turn on the radiator?

Milder here but lots of rain and more rain forecast for tomorrow. Lanes on the way to school are awash and the usual potholes have all opened up again, it's like a slalom course to avoid them.  I'm talking potholes of two feet across and one foot deep.  Serious damage to your car if you hit them!  Council fills them in every year and the rain just washes them out again!

Mammogram last Tuesday........told 2-3 weeks for results.....letter came today!  I had a small panic......then just opened it and ........normal!  Recall in three years. 

Highlighted

New tablets prescribed and at Mum's ready to start, spoke to doc as well as Mum so fingers crossed this will be the start of things really improving.

Really busy day and feel exhausted so will join you on the "zzzzzzzz" bench, JCJ!!

Look forward to seeing Purdie, haha if it's at Norcambe she will be huge by that time and def no longer a kittySmiley Happy

A lot of snow today and last night so pavements are treacherous, very cold here, brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Hope your hill was ok. xx

Highlighted

I'm hoping you'll have a stash of snaps of Purdie from tiny wee thing to present day when we see you in Norecambe! (And bring your tablet and I'll show you how to take pics and upload them?! 🙂 )

There's been a cold wind here today, too. Weather warnings for snow, ice and wind popped up on my phone! Oh no! Not again! So terrified of *that* hill. 😞

So tired tonight. I've sat like a zombie doing absolutely nothing for an hour. Now taking my book to bed. If I can be bothered to read it. May just s  s snzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Highlighted

If I knew how to put pictures of Purdie on here, you'd be sick of the sight of her! Smiley Happy    

Very, very cold here today, such a change from yesterday and a bit of hail/sleet about.  Went to the library, collected prescription, bought new light bulbs and returned home to the warm as fast as possible.  

Highlighted

I ran today and not one egg fell into my basket, despite crashing into people and knocking things over. I won hurrah!! BUT a choc doughnut managed to slip into shopping, imagine my surprise..........

It's ok JCJ, I will eat yours.

Snowing heavily here, not quite as cold believe it or not, looks beautiful. So glad managed to get everything done, whew! 

Dentist all fine, love shiny polished teeth Smiley Happy.

Quick nip to Mum's organised phone appt for tomorrow, at the moment she is sleeping most of the day and awake most of the night, sleeping pattern is soooooooo bad.

I keep wakening at 4 am, WHAT???? Maybe should go along and keep her company, hahaha.

Glad Purdie is behaving well and you are kinda relaxing FF.

Am reading The Widow and enjoying it xx

Highlighted

Creme eggs know I don't like them ,(audible gasps all round? - sorry folks, I find them far too sickly) and know not to ambush my trolley. Doughnuts and Danish pastries, however.......! 🙂

Never mind the catio (posh word for cage, albeit a large, outdoor one??!!) we've not seen pics of the actual cat yet!! 🙂

Highlighted

Creme eggs are on a mission to make us all fatter and they fall into baskets indiscriminately.  Everyone is at risk and must take great care, as we are all under attack by the........absolutely lovely, delicious, irresistable creme eggs.

Glad Mum betterer. Get back on to her Drs. if you don't feel that prescription is right for her.  My new one for the BP has not given me any SE's (yet) and my hands and feet are warm for the first time in years! Smiley Happy

Mild and raining down here, just as I like it!

Highlighted

Hurrah for the giraffeSmiley Happy!!

Squids in.................

We shall need a pic of the squid and one of the catio, please.

That's amazing FF, one fell into your basket too, is it a conspiracy??

Had a quiet day, dentist and other things planned for tomorrow.

Mum got her new presciption and it has nothing to do with the thing I had told the doc about the night before the visit, Mum forgot to mention it to doc she saw, sooooooooooooooo tomorrow it all starts again. She is betterer though.

It's been superly cold here, will it ever be warm again?? xx

Highlighted

Perhaps not cute and cuddly but maybe you could knit in some bio-luminescence like the squids I saw on an Attenborough programme last night.  They (the males) looked as if they had bright blue fairy lights wrapped around them and were utterly amazing.  Unfortunately for them they only do that after they have spawned and then they die!

Purdie is getting better, she's been up the curtains tonight!  Still leaving the wound alone so no need for the collar. I'm beginning to relax as time passes and she's ok.

Highlighted

There's a thought! Not sure I could put "cute and cuddly" in the description for a knitted squid though? 😛

Highlighted

You knitting squids now?? Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

Whoop! I've sold the giraffe! Five more squids for BCC! 😄

Highlighted

No building yet Katy, still in the planning stage. Now we've got the maestro (SIL) on the job it might go a little better.  Today he worked out the wood required and Son is going to price it up.  I'm still vacillating between catio or letting her out, we shall see.  I do think cats should be free to roam but........i wish I still lived in the country!

Purdie still being a good girl and not licking the incision. Just keeping her where I can watch her.  All the family over today so she went and hid under the chair in my bedroom.  I warned all the GC that anyone who bothered her would be "shot at dawn".  They all laughed but they left her alone........such power Nanny has......

Creme eggs fall into baskets all the time, one got into mine on Saturday and I've no idea how.  

Highlighted

What are you like JCJ???? Did you know where you were?? When you don't know that there is no hope hahaha.

Glad appt went well and there is an agreement, safety net being OH can call at any time if worried.

FF, are you building?? Good Purdie is not being mean to you.........

Just ran over to supermarket for some of the things I had forgotten and hey ho not one but two creme eggs fell into my basket, how on earth??

Looks like it's away to pour down here getting darker and darker. 

Mum is sounding betterer, just waiting for results now.

Am chasing my tail catching up with all the things I missed last week, almost back to normal, hurrah xx

Highlighted

I came downstairs this morning said Hi to Purdie and.....lo and behold, she's not wearing the collar!  Sometime during the night she got it off!!!!  As I couldn't face a fight before I'd even had a muggatea......and also the incision looked fine, I let her out of the cage and shut her in the conservatory.  Muggatea made I joined her .

I've left the collar off, watched her like a hawk all day and she's been a very good girl.  Has thoroughly cleaned the fur around the shaved part (which was sticky with the antiseptic stuff they paint on) but has not touched the wound at all.  Nurse did say she might not need to wear the collar.

Receptionist said yesterday that she knew of cats that had got out of the babygros. I just think it is nigh on impossible to make a cat do you what you want it to do.

GD came over and watched her for me while I went to school.  That's the fastest I've ever cleaned it, practically running with the hoover Smiley Happy  

Tomorrow another conference about the catio, we WILL get it sorted out in the end.

Glad you found OH JCJ, scary when they go missing!  Also glad he agreed to the appt compromise, he needs an eye kept on him even if he doesn't think he does!

Also glad that Mum is a bit betterer Katy. Hope she gets fully well soon.

Highlighted

Wrote this this morning then got distracted before hitting "post"! Marbles? What are they?

OH appointment went fine - after I managed to lose him in the waiting room! - meds staying the same for now. He wanted to stop the regular appointments and just ask for one if he felt he needed it. Consultant said he could do that but I could tell he'd much prefer to keep them at 6-monthly (and he knows how the disease is likely to progress! :() so I suggested a compromise at once a year. That way we know we have an appointment and won't have to try and fit in at short notice. We can book and extra one if things change in the meantime. I think everyone's happy with that compromise. January 2019 appointment booked.

Had a panic in the waiting room, as previously alluded to: We got to the hospital with more than half an hour to spare, even after taking a while to park. OH didn't want to wait in the coffee bar as he said he'd prefer to go straight to the outpatient waiting room. I said, as I'd be missing my break time coffee at school, I'd grab myself a take away cuppa and join him there. Got my drink quite quickly and walked around the corner to outpatients, expecting to see him still in the queue for the check in desk. Automated check in! No queue. Just a row of screens. No sign of OH! I know we have to wait for PD clinic in another waiting room so I went there. Still no sign. "Ah. I bet he's had to go to the Gent's" . waited outside. Waited. Waited. Waited. Then a member of staff came to answer an alarm coming from that Gent's toilet. OMG! OH must have had some kind of mishap?! I was starting to panic. Member of staff came back out and said there was no-one in there! What the......??!

I went back to PD clinic waiting area just in time to see OH emerge from a room - he'd been grabbed for BP check within seconds of checking in. Still half an hour before his appointment time! I felt a proper Charlie. Go with him to support him and manage to lose him!!

I hope your wounds are recovering FF and that Purdie isn't too upset with you. I can't believe the vet left you to do battle with the collar! Maybe the babygro would have been easier? Perhaps not. 4 limbs to subdue!

Glad to hear Mum is improving, Katy, I hope that she's even more bettered today.

Highlighted

Oh FF, ouchy ouch.

Let's hope things are calmer tomorrow, she will be wondering what's hit her literally, you too!

At least op is over.............

Also hope OH's appt has gone well JCJ, so glad you are there with him.

There is a def change in Mum, don't get me wrong she still looks tired and frail but she is so much more compos mentis, conversations are making sense. She is steadier on her feet, hopefully she will continue to improve. New tab will be delivered by chemist sometime next week, fingers crossed.

ED is still waiting for Neurology appt, her symptoms are the same, not any better, not any worse, I was hoping she would be seen sooner. My appt despite the two referrals is almost 30 weeks to the day so we are not expecting hers to be any faster.

Almost ran over tonight, at pedestrian crossing, changed to green man, pushed chariot off pavement and car decided not to stop, pulled chariot back in again, close one indeed. Old man driving grrrrrrrrrrr.

2018 is not starting off well xx

Highlighted

Purdie is fine, I am not.  I collected her at 2pm, got my instructions from the vet nurse.  Discovered that the pain med is a liquid with a little syringe to deliver it straight into her mouth.  Great, that's a worry out of the way.  Took her out to the car and realised she wasn't wearing a collar, I went back in and they gave me one.  Got Purdie home and attempted to put the collar on,  managed it with difficulty and then spent 5 mins staunching the blood coming from my hand Smiley Sad

Purdie went ballistic........took her the same 5 mins. to get the collar off!  Right......so the collar needs to be tighter.  Try again..... Purdie fought harder. More blood Smiley Sad  The claw marks on my hand are longer than the incision  in her side!! She then spent about an hour really trying to get it off before she gave up the battle.

She has to stay confined in her cage tonight  and that's not going down well either. Nor did the fact that she can't get her head in her feed/water bowl with the collar on, so I've hand fed her and then had the bright idea of giving her water via the syringe.  As she drinks from the tap she's quite used to having her head up and catching drips.  Then when I give her the med. in the morning she'll have it quite happily. (I hope).

She's now trying to destroy everything in the cage. They said she might be sleepy.........no way!

Once again, on the right day, hope OH is ok JCJ.

Hope Mum is ok too, Katy.

Highlighted

Poor Purdie is confused. Her Aunty Katy wants her to eat the cat litter but she's thinking "Really? Are you sure?" Hence the sniffing and hopping out? 😄

I hope her op is not too traumatic tomorrow. Maybe she'll just take her meds without any fuss? No need for teflon gloves and body armour. Oh wow! Did I just see a porcine creature fly past??! 😛

OH's appointment is tomorrow morning (Friday) I confused you by posting early in the morning, FF! He is going to pick me up at school at about 9:45 to give us an hour to get to the hospital - which SHOULD be more than twice the time we need. Maybe even get a cuppa at the Friends' café! He's been practicing the little coordination exercises he had to do last time, and seems less stressed about it now, although tomorrow morning will probably be a different thing! 

Still got all digits crossed that your mum's tests come back with no concerns and she recovers quickly, Katy. Any more news about ED? Is she OK now?

Loch Lomond was so busy tonight! 😞 Want to go back to Guernsey where it's quieter. Had to weave and dodge and swim 1/2 lengths to avoid the dawdlers, gossipers and just getting in the *****y way-ers! Grrrrr! Roll on February when all the good News Year intentions start to wear off! At least I wasn't drowning myself coughing this week, though. 

Highlighted

Katy, you made me chuckle and I think that you are too worried about your Mum to read things properly.  Glad that Mum is being sorted out, hope the new med works for her. Purdie keeps hopping into the litter tray and having a sniff about and hopping out again.  Obviously knows its different but has used it when required.

The new med IS for my BP, not because it was high, just because after 17 years it's a better one.  Took first one this morning and no problems to report. I'm not looking for SE's, that's why I'm not reading the leaflet for at least a month!

Been trying to tempt Purdie with treats this week, thinking that I may have to give her painkillers after her op tomorrow.  No luck, tried cheese, ham and as a last ditch attempt tonight....tuna.  No, she's not having any of them.  Only cat I've ever known that won't eat fish!   She's not allowed to eat now, so tomorrow night she will be hungry and may not notice the powdered painkiller on her food.......  I foresee a "How to give a cat a pill" moments coming up Smiley Frustrated 

If anyone has any ideas.....I'm listening.

How did OH's appt. go JCJ?  Hope all is as good as it can be.

Highlighted

Hahahahaha what am I talking about????? 

Just reread FF's post, told you marbles are missing, hahaha xx

Tears are pouring down my face with laughterSmiley LOL xx

Highlighted

I hope Purdie isn't "munching" away at her cat *litter* KTC!! Ewwww! 😄

Highlighted

Is that new meds for blood pressure FF? or something entirely different?

Hope Purdie is munching her new food.............how annoying them telling you it was the same, grrrrrrrrr.

Glad you are going with OH JCJ, fingers crossed all goes well, if he also has the cold that's another excuse not to go, good he's not cancelling. Just remember and do lots of lalala's in your head, tonight and till appt time and not get yourself in a tizz xx

Doc been to Mum's urine test etc taken away, all reasonably good, she's been given another med which fingers and toes crossed should make a difference, if it works and tests are clear, she will be fine, better than fine.............

Had GS here today and he made me laugh so much, it was lovely to be distracted........xx

Highlighted

As my doc said to me: "Don't LOOK for SEs" FF, and you'll more than likely be fine. As you say, in 17 years drugs have moved on. It's good that your doc's not worried about the BP. Now you can relax - which will lower it further anyway! 🙂

I wonder if your mum is suffering with the virus that's laid us all low this year, Katy? That would make her wobbly and very tired. I hope she feels better very soon. 

My OH has started with the bad cold now; sniffing and croaking. That's the 2 week incubation period neatly illustrated: 2 weeks since YD and D-I-L arrived with their filthy colds! At least my lurg has subsided to just the occasional cough if I do something overly ambitious like trying to walk, talk and laugh simultaneously! 🙂

OH has his PD consultant appointment tomorrow and he's getting worked up about it. On Tuesday, he was threatening to cancel it, but I think (I hope!) I've talked him out of doing that. School know I'll be disappearing for a couple of hours tomorrow morning so I can go with him.

This week seems to be going on forever! It already feels like Christmas was months ago! 

Highlighted

I've got everything crossed for your Mum Katy, glad you managed to get to speak to a Dr. and they are going to see her tomorrow. Hopefully they will sort her out and it's something and nothing.

Plans for catio are probably getting smaller.

Saw Dr. today, gave him my bp readings......and he wasn't that fussed, said the am. ones were fine and the pm. ones (taken twice) showed it going down.  He wasn't worried about them so I'm not now either. He did suggest that I do a five day am/pm test every three months and if they were all high go back.  However......as I've been taking the same med for 17 years and it's now sort of obsolete and other meds. have come along that work better, he wants to swap me onto another.  I'm a little nervous as swaps were tried before to get rid of SE's and didn't work, but that was 15 years ago and things have changed. So first new tablet in the morning, I'm deliberately NOT reading the leaflet about possible SE's.

Went to pet store tonight for cat litter, in the usual place a different bag, same price. I asked "Is this the same, just different packaging?"  "Oh yes", they said.  Bought two bags.  NO!  It's not the same, they've changed the manufacturer!  It's a different colour, bigger pieces and a different smell.  I phoned them......no they won't be getting the original again. AARGH.  I've mixed the two together tonight and I really hope Purdie will accept the change. 

Highlighted

Glad it wasn't too bad yesterday FF, hope you got on fine at docs today.

BP am lucky don't have white coat syndrome, so many do though.

Hope your plans go well for catio, haha, will it be amazing??

Things are not improving with Mum, (they should be) cousin came here and was very upset, when she left I went to practice and managed to speak to a doc, they are going back out tomorrow because there is obviously something else going on. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of things.

Went along and told her doc was coming tomorrow, we chatted for a while then when I went to say goodbye, burst into tears, couldn't manage my brave face any longer.............so am over on the "getting on my own nerves" bench xx

Highlighted

It is totally pointless taking my BP now as I'm worried about it.  But just for the sheer hell of it I took it this morning before the mammo.........somewhere up in the stratosphere......I'm sure it came down after.Smiley Happy Not bothered tonight, see Dr. tomorrow.

Mammo went well, only the last of the four pics she took was a bit ouchy.  Results in two to three weeks.  Everything crossed.

Buildingwork undergoing a rethink.  Spoke to SIL tonight about my and Son's ideas and, as he's eminently more sensible/practical than we are, he sort of shot them down in flames. So, a conference between the three of us next Sunday!

Hope your Mum is improved tomorrow Katy.  JCJ practice the NO, surely they've made a mistake there, get querying it!  That's appalling English but it's late and I''m tired........ but apparently not too tired to put it right (I couldn't leave it! Smiley Tongue) Please JCJ, do query your payslip.

Highlighted

£3.25 for 12 hours, you are a bargain JCJ, that amount will def encourage you to say NO, haha.

FF, hope you were not too ouchy, think that's a brilliant thought about "the van" saving your life, puts the scary thoughts away from your head.

Enjoy your building work haha.

Been catching up today, doc came to Mum's this morning and everything was fine, big sigh of relief.

About half an hour ago I had a phone call from cousin saying Mum was on the floor again, have spoken to her and she says she is fine and all she did was lean on the wall, it was actually an alcove and that's how she slipped down, am not so sure, cousin going up tomorrow and will report back. She appears to have been sleeping all day. Doesn't sound right she should be picking up xx 

Highlighted

Hope your trip to the van went OK, FF. Not too painful and prompt "normal" results. Fingers firmly crossed.

Don't stress about the BP - or that will make it higher! If it's not high ALL he time it's not such an issue. Try doing the readings at different times? (My instructions said to make sure you wait an hour after eating, and if it's high, wait 10 minutes and try again.) And relax! Says she! Easier said than done??!

I hope your mum is continuing to improve, KTC. You'll miss YD, but you will be surprised how quickly you adapt to not having them around,  (I was wandering into their rooms like someone bereaved, at first, but only for a short time!) and at least ED and GC are not too far away. As FF says, keep telling yourself it's the right thing for her.

2 days back at school (not counting Friday as the kids weren't in) and both days I've been covering classes in the afternoon. Hey ho. Here we go. I've had my payslip for December and the "pay the difference" amount on it is just £3.25!! What??? I hope that's not for all 12 hours!! I had to fill in 2 claim forms because I could only fit 5 sessions on one form, so the other session: 2 hours, went on a separate form. I really hope that money is just for the 2 hours. I wonder if I'll get the rest next payday. Or maybe they've "lost" the other form? :smiley mad: If it's for all 12 hours, it's not worth claiming - and I shall therefore have to be more ready with "NO!"

Highlighted

YD moving out Katy?  You will miss her but tell yourself it's best for her.  Sorry to hear that Mum's not well but glad that it's only a tablet and it will be ok once out of her system.

Yes, have to brave the van tomorrow.......I think now that perhaps I love that van as it possibly saved my life. 

So now I can have a panic attack about my blood pressure... asked to take it twice daily after the high reading at the Surgery.  It's all over the place, ok in the morning, sky high at night but then ok..ish again after an hour or so.  Seeing Dr. on Weds. foreseeing an increased dose or a different med. in my future.

Son came over yesterday and we've measured for the wood and chicken wire needed for catio.  Just got to go to builders tomorrow and order it, and liaise with SIL to collect it.  Building to start next Sunday, weather permitting Smiley Happy

Haven't seen Daughter for over a week (that's probably a record) as they have all got a lurgy and I don't want it!  Hopefully they will get better soon.

Highlighted

No doc today, they phoned instead and she missed call, so I telephoned and someone will be out tomorrow, find it ridiculous as Mum would say she is fine???

Hope all was good at work today JCJ. Can't believe it's all over!

FF, all the best for tomorrow, fingers and toes crossed, wishing you speedy and good results asap.

Had hair chopped today, am sure mirror is magnified, well, am hoping anyway hahaha.

It's been superly cold here, hard frost that lies all day, brrrrrrrrrrrr.

YD is def moving outSmiley Sad, to another city in the next couple of months, lots to do and organise, will keep me on my toes xx

Highlighted

Thank you so much JCJ, it means a lot xx

Was along yesterday, she is very tired, she said her head was a little clearer, doc coming out today. All symptoms do point to that little tablet, am going back along shortly, need to speak to warden etc and make sure she is eating and drinking. Doc said it will take a few days for tab to get out of her system and she will be wobbly and tired. She now also has that cold, grrrrrrrrrr xx

Highlighted

Bleurgh! Too early! 😞

Thinking of you, Katy, and hoping your mum's OK. xx

Highlighted

Hugs Katy. Stressful worrying times. I hope it is just her meds and they sort her out quickly. xx

Highlighted

Flying in, Mum not good found her lying on floor this morning, spent all day waiting for paramedics and doc, they all think it's one of the tabs she takes, have just arrived back home, fingers crossed it will be sorted soon xx

Highlighted

Oh, I am so glad to find someone else who eats Christmas cake with cheese JCJ.  All my family think I'm totally bonkers but they won't try it to find out how nice it is!  They are the ones who are missing out.  And putting salt on your rice pudding, they won't try that either but finally I've found an ally in GD's boyfriend who hails from Manchester and he does that too. Obviously a northern thing.

Never heard the foot thing about lowering BP but I will definitely try it next week when I see the Dr.  I'll wear my new boots and admire them and wiggle my toes.  Dr is sure to want to take BP.  I've done it again this morning and tonight and it's a little bit up but within acceptable limits.

Son coming over on Sunday, we're going to make a firm plan for the catio and measure up for the wood etc that we need to build it. It will take over most of the garden, I want to give Purdie as much freedom as possible.  I'm also looking forward to being able to have my back door open.  I'm shut in as well at the moment!  I've just watched her shin up the curtains and thought "you won't be doing that next Friday after your op!".

Highlighted

Not as much betterer as I thought. Started the Loch Lomond swim (it's busier than the coastal waters around Guernsey - there were about a dozen of us tonight!) but I thought I was going to have to get out after only 10 minutes. Frightened myself, and the lifesaver, by having a coughing fit whilst in the deep end. Thought I was going to drown! 😞  I decided to swim gently on my back so my face wasn't in the water so I wouldn't inhale water when I coughed. The trouble is, I have a very loud barking cough and, of course, this was amplified by the water and the hard surfaces of the pool, so everyone was alarmed!

Only managed 50 lengths in an hour. Ah well. Better than nothing. I tried. I'd have felt guilty if I'd spent another night being lazy.

Good news that your results are better this year, FF. I hope your doc lets you continue with the meds as they obviously work! 

I'd heard the thing about looking at and thinking about one's feet to lower BP readings - though having the reading taken on a leg certainly doesn't help! It's ****** painful - and pain increases BP!!! Perhaps you need to take Benchland with you (on your new tablet :))  so our mad humour can distract you when you go for BP? 

Back to work tomorrow. Not ready. Don't want to play. More specifically, I don't want to have to get up at the crack of dawn! 😞 We have a training day. H&S. Oh joy?!

Enjoy those treats, KTC. We actually started our Christmas cake yesterday (this year I finished icing it earlier than ever before and we started to eat it later than ever!) and my post-swim snack tonight was a slice of it with a chunk of Wensleydale & cranberry cheese. Washed down with a mugatea. Delish! 

Highlighted

Yay, well done Katy!! Excellent use of betterer 🙂

White coat syndrome, oh yes....why does even the mention of the dreaded machine make my heart pound? I nearly failed chemo trial active arm because of it. There are a couple of things that help if your pressure rockets because of the syndrome - one is to look down at your feet, admire your shoes, wiggle your toes and just think about your feet. I'm not making it up, honest. My yoga teacher told me about it and it helped. The other is to keep talking and chatting to someone so that you're distracted -preferably a good friend with very silly jokes 🙂

Highlighted

So glad that you are feeling better Katy.

One appt. leads to another,  saw the nurse today and although my results were better than last year she wants me to see the Dr, so yet another appt. next week. I'm taking a medication that has not actually been licensed for the condition I've got so she wants to make sure that the Dr. is still happy for me to take it.  Not sure what I will do if he says no?!   My blood pressure was sky high (not a surprise to me as I have White Coat Syndrome) so now I have to take it at home twice a day, fill in a form and return it to the surgery. 

Took it tonight, absolutely ok!

School still tidy but they were painting today so tables were messy.

Hot Cross Buns were the lead item in my supermarket on the 2nd Jan JCJ, the till operators were apologising  before we could even mention it.  They felt worse than we did!

Highlighted

tasty xx

Highlighted

What a difference a day makesSmiley Happy Am soooooooooo much betterer, hardly coughed, sneezed or wiped nose today, woo hoo!

Glad school is neat and tidy FF and appts all organised.

Good you are pleased with new bank and paint job JCJ.

ali all is betterer and betterer...............

Went to supermarket very early this morning, rested, then tackled town, managed to get all things needed, fridge and cupboards looking healthy once more. Did not visit Mum as didn't want to pass on any germs.

Has rained non stop today, yuck, it's chilly too.

Did buy wrapping paper for 2018 xmas such a bargain, spotted in local supermarket, it's my only sale purchase, thought sales were very disappointing..............

An awful lot of choc, biscuits and tasy bits fell into my basket, oopsSmiley Happy xx 

Highlighted

Ladies, I think you'll find the correct term is "feeling a bit more betterER".   🙂

Anyway, I'm glad I'm glad you're feeling better !!

Highlighted

I know the big banks are as bad as each other - (though I'm quite happy with the BUILDING SOCIETY (widely found across the nation!) that my salary goes into!) We were only with Midland because there was a branch in our village. Then it closed when it became part of the huge one. Now the branch in the nearest town has closed and the one in the next town is just machines. Then they asked me for identification for "safeguarding" which was stupidly complicated procedure - almost as bad as applying for a passport. We were already thinking of moving so that was the final straw. The bank (not a chemist) we've moved to has promised to stay open in our local town, and their online banking seems to be much less of a faff too. We'll see. 

Glad you're feeling better, KTC, take one day at a time. I'm more better again today but I think I've strained my back coughing - yes, my back!! Still coughing but not quite as much.

Picked up the car. They've done a lovely job. No receipt. No paperwork. It's just like it never happened! 🙂 Shiny scar-free car. 🙂 I wish *we* could eradicate scars so easily and painlessly??!

Did the supermarket shop tonight. Guess what were prominently on display in the entrance  labelled "Manager's Choice": Hot cross buns! Hot. Cross. ****ing buns!

You can tell Christmas is over??! Grrrr!

Glad they're keeping the place tidy for you, FF. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Highlighted

Sorry to say that I think you'll find one bank is much like any other.  I've been with Huge Stupid Bank of China for years as I was working for Midland Bank when they took it over.  With 20 plus years of banking experience, they are all as good/bad as one another.  Hope your car is beautifully mended to your satisfaction.

Back to school, staff in yesterday but nice and tidy.  Children back today and still nice and tidy, had to look at the registers to prove to myself that the children had been in!

Booked Purdie in for her op today, chatting to the receptionist I was told that the op. would be about £70 (cheaper than I thought it would be) but if I bought her a pet shirt it would be £12 more.  "What's a pet shirt?" said I.  Apparently a garment worn after an op. to stop the pet from getting at the op site.  Described to me as as a sort of babygro....or a turtleneck with holes for legs and poppers at the rear end to allow for natural functions. She said they had zebra striped ones!  I googled .........poor Purdie, I think I'd rather she had a lampshade!

So the appts. in order are me, me and then Purdie.  I don't think I'll get mixed up!

Glad you are feeling "a bit more better" too Katy. 

Weather......rain, hail extremely windy but still quite mild.  Lots of mended potholes have re-opened on the way to work.  Trying hard to memorise where they are so I can avoid them in the dark on the way home.  

Highlighted

I am too "a bit more better", instead of coughing and sneezing 500 times a day have managed around 50 times today, woo hoo. Very draining..............

Hope all is well with car.

Still not ventured out, will see how things are tomorrow?? xx

Highlighted

"A bit more better"?? What kind of English is that??! Probably should have put "a bit less  ****"? And here's me who teaches grammar to Y6! 😛

Phone call to say car is ready. Just waiting for OH to be ready to take me to fetch it. Slightly nervous. Never used this repair place before. I hope they've done a good job. 😐