68535members
360491posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Helloooo Grumpy! Long time no see. Glad your joint problems are fixed sufficiently for you to contemplate Hellvelyn (Helvellyn? Hellvelyn? Hell?) Hope you don't cause said problems to recur!

Sunshine, Katy? What's that then? We've not seen any here, although the cloud seemed a little higher today - apparently a heatwave is due here. By Wednesday. Of course it is,  as we go home tomorrow! The weather will be glorious once I'm back at work! Grrrr!

Went on the bus to Matlock today. Much nicer than it's chavy neighbour. Had a wander about and a cuppa and flapjack in a cafe. Bought sandwiches (end of day reductions at 'the shop renowned for its pants food hall') for tomorrow's journey home picnic. Back to our village and had dinner in the pub - same one we had Sunday lunch in..... same table even because we hadn't booked (either time) and it was the only table for two unreserved.

I've just packed up everything that won't be needed again and done a quick clean/tidy around. Can't clean properly: no vacuum cleaner! What a shame?! 😛 swept up the worst of the crumbs and wiped around the kutchen and bathroomS. Got to be gone by 10am - I haven't been dressed by that time since the last day at school! 

Highlighted

Welcome back grumpySmiley Happy woo hoo

Glad you are better now, attending physio and contemplating your walk, good news indeed!!

JCJ, reminds me of the old days when you used to say your hols always brought the bad weather.........

Never mind at least you are away and you do have a cosy cottage, put your feet up and enjoy the rest, who needs to walk for miles??

FF, are you still on the "smug" bench? or have you fallen off now hee hee.

Had GS unexpectedly today, a while ago we started playing this game and he loves it as soon as he comes through the door we HAVE to play it, I hate it hahaha, really, really hate it..............so as a distraction we baked some cakes, 10 done, he ate 4 of them, then wanted to play the game again..........

Mum has appt at docs tomorrow am going with her, she didn't listen to what last doc said, so stubborn, grrrr!

Had a bit of sunshine but was chilly, back to drizzle this evening so boring, will we ever have sunshine?? xx

Highlighted

Hello, hello, everyone!!!!

Back in Benchland after a bit of a 'glitch' 're: joint problems etc.

Anyhow all OK now, and signed up for a wander up Helvellyn this summer GULP!!!!

Should a 70year old with osteo arthritis be attempting Big Fell Walk for the first time in 30 years????

The Duchess is very wonky on the back legs and has to ride in her trolley quite a lot, and the ASBO Boy is still in Police Lady's book, so that is all normal....

Had a session with the physio today so feeling a bit delicate.

Grumpy (and achey)

Highlighted

School now sorted, so I'm on the smug bench.  All done!  Friday I will pop in to do the water checks and flick a duster around and sort any mess that teachers may have left if they go in tomorrow.

Stop going North for your hols. JCJ.  It's been a beautiful day here today although a bit of a grey start.  Thank you for also extending my knowledge and vocabulary....arctophile = fond of/collector of teddy bears.  Glad you found him, he was obviously waiting for you. Two good deeds in one.

Still sitting on the Commonweath Games bench, although some of the camera work is a bit suspect and the chat comes from a studio in Salford, it's still good.  Providing most of my exercise this week!  Moving from the reading bench to the tv bench by way of the make a muggatea station......that's exercise isn't it?

Highlighted

Hi Karapace. Welcome to Benchland! As you can see, this thread has wandered a long way from the original - via several levels of mid-treatment madness and hysterical antics - to fairly mundane posts from just a few of us who have got 6 years on from diagnosis and *almost* back to "normal" (who? Me? Never!) but we still keep in touch.

I hope your 'journey' is going OK and that you, too, find support and friendship on this wonderful forum. Here's hoping you will be passing the "6 years on" milestone too!

Weather COLD, damp and grey today. Dissuaded OH from planned trip into the hills to see a stone circle; pointed out there'd be no view due to the low cloud/mist and the footpaths would be VERY muddy. We went to nearby reservoir instead but the wind was so cold, it was pretty miserable walking. Actually, pretty is the wrong word: the scenery *would* have been pretty, if we could have seen it; the weather was bl***y awful! OH turned back after a couple of hundred yards and went to listen to his CDs in the car while I completed a small loop walk - probably only a couple of miles.

We had a cuppa and a browse around the shops. OH bought yet more books (he spent most of yesterday in the bookshop in our village - I joined him for tea and cake, having been for a walk to a 'shopping village' about a mile away. EWM was there, so, of course, I had to buy 2 tops! 🙂 One is just another polo shirt, but you might see the other one at MMU!) I bought a very cute little teddy, because I'm an arctophile and he was originally from Hamley's, in as-new condition, very cheap and in the Air Ambulance shop. It would have been criminal not to 'rescue' him?

Last day tomorrow and it looks like the weather will still be ****! 😞 We had about an hour of sunshine, on Monday morning.....while I was still in bed! Thank goodness we're in a cottage and not camping! 😐

Highlighted

So catio is enormous hahahaSmiley Happy!!

Hope you have managed a catch up at work FF.

All sounds good JCJ, glad you are cosy now.

Am on the "freezing" bench, just can't seem to warm up at all, so am about to drag out hoover and do a good tidy up, have drank around 5 muggateas this morning and been lingering near the "CBA" bench..........

Had a lovely meal out seafood pasta, garlic pizza bread and the most fabulous dessert toffee, bananas, icecream and meringue, was sooooooooooo full afterwards, haha. xx

Highlighted

Yes in my own cancer journey I have met people with all sorts of 'grades' of cancer from even those who are terminally ill. What struck me is that every single one of us wants the same thing very much:  to win and live! 

Highlighted

Investigated nearby pub rather sooner than I anticipated yesterday: OH suggested Sunday lunch. I didn't need much persuading! 🙂 Lovely carvery. Yum. Then we went for a bit of a walk along a woodland path and back. Soup & salad for tea in the cottage.

Today started sunny, but it didn't last. We took a bus to Matlock Bath, which is only about a mile away, and had a wander round. The Blackpool/Skegness of the Peak District. Not really my scene, but we eventually found a nice cafe for a sandwich and cuppa. I was psyching myself up to brave the cable car up to The Heights of Abraham but OH didn't want to. We had a look at the footpath to Matlock, from whence we planned to bus or train back, but I thought it was probably too much for him to tackle (steep, uneven paths with steps) and anyway it was starting to rain so we just got the bus back to our cottage. All rather disappointing on a dull, grey day.

Cooked dinner and ate it, getting more and more chilly. Fiddled with thermostat and timer but boiler didn't respond. No hot water either! Getting seriously cold 😞 Eventually contacted owner and he was round within 5 minutes - currently staying next door!! All fixed. Yeh! 🙂

Now toasty warm on the Kindle knitting bench (reading Kindle and knitting a bear, you understand, not knitting a kindle! :D) while OH wallows in the bath. 

Highlighted

Re Catio, yes Katy, it's big.....now it is up it looks bigger than I envisaged. As my conservatory doors open outward it needed to be high enough to allow for that and I want to give Purdie as much space as possible  So there is lots of room for me, that's why it needed a door to let me out of it into the rest of the garden.  As it will be covered with chicken wire and therefore see through, I hope none of the neighbours will complain!  I intend to soften the lines with artificial ivy to make it look less like a cage and more like a garden feature.  

Holidays are meant for leisure and treats, unfortunately mine is now over as I need to go back to school tomorrow.  Pre-school floor needs a jolly good clean and also certain other parts of the school that I've ignored for a few weeks,

Highlighted

Hurrah for the catioSmiley Happy!!

Nearly there, is it big?? Can you go in as well FF??

You won't be able to go in for a while as you are stuck on the "naughty" bench indefinitely..............

Aaah JCJ, perhaps you can mention at the next appt for OH, discreetly ofcourse.

That's what holidays are all about, eating out and leisure time in that order haha.

Ooh what is the surprise? ask daughter for hints so we can all guess..........

Was along at ED's yesterday, laughed and laughed till it hurt, tears pouring down my face, certainly does you good, hee hee.

Am out for tea tonight, yum yum, no cooking hurrah xx

Highlighted

I'll try to keep this short but I may not succeed.  Catio day.....all parties turned up on time, cup of tea and and a bit of chat.... and get on with it.  Quick trip to local store for chicken wire. 4 rolls bought.  Son and SIL are the builders of this catio, Son's philosophy is " two bits of wood adjoin, knock a nail in, a blind man would like to see it"!   SIL's philosophy is "two bits of wood adjoin, get out a spirit level and a 90 degree angle tester, drill a hole and then put in a screw!"

In other words, I've got a bodger and a total perfectionist.  This is why I enlisted SIL to "help" Son. I didn't want a bodged job . However SIL's perfectionism takes an awful lot longer and as I'm somewhere between the two, no don't bodge it and no 86 degrees will do, I just made tea and sandwiches to keep them going, and kept quiet, 

The wooden frame is now up and the door made, that's the hard work done, only need now to cover it with chicken wire and Purdie has a catio. Next weekend, weather permitting, it will be finished.

Highlighted

Glad you're OK, FF, hope you enjoyed your few days away. How's the catio going? All to plan I hope. I hope Perdie appreciates it when it's done. 🙂

Lazy morning on the Kindle bench, occasionally looking up to admire the weir & wildlife (sounds like the name of a pub?) We'll probably venture out somewhere later for a short walk and possibly investigate a nearby pub that serves food. Neighbouring hotel has a nice looking menu but it's horribly expensive! Ditto a restaurant in the viillage. We 'self-catered' all our meals yesterday, so we're due a treat. 🙂

Highlighted

Oops sorry girls, forgot to tell you I was going away for a few days to friends in Hertfordshire. Took my tablet but for some reason known only to the internet elves I have trouble getting into Benchland on it.  Bach home now and have been catching up....with classical music?  I meant BACK home Smiley Happy

Glad your various appts. have gone ok Katy, even if you are officially old!  I had that at the opticians although she was kind and and called the changes age related.  Same thing...I'm old too Smiley Sad

Cottage looks great JCJ although I'm sure you'll need those three loos with that weir outside the window !  Sorry that the hols show OH's problems up, hopefully meds. will keep him stable and you can have lots more holidays. Enjoy this one,

End of July is quite a while to wait. There's at least three of us intrigued now!

I thought tomorrow was the postponed easter egg hunt at Daughters but I've just had a phone call from Son and it's.......Catio Day!  Postponed egg hunt is cancelled and he and SIL have been planning and tomorrow's the day.  I'm delighted and Purdie is over the moon actually no, she's not, she's a cat, she's got no idea what's planned. 

Highlighted

Ooh! On a brighter note: YD just messaged me - am I free 26th to 28th July "... no reason" (which is our private way of saying it's something special eg birthday present/surprise) She says she's "keeping the dates free can't commit yet - all will become clear" oooh! Intriguing?!

Highlighted

weir cottage

Highlighted

Cottage is great. No silly, naggy rules. Just 1 sheet of paper with a welcome, instructions for using the Sky TV and DVD, information about recycling and a phone number if we need anything else!

Between the two of  us we have: 2 bedrooms (essential due to twitching and snoring!) 3 toilets, 2 showers a bath and FIVE sinks! There is also the luxury of a dishwasher (and a washing machine, but probably won't be using the latter

- I'm on holiday!!)

The noise of the weir is loud and constant. It will take some getting used to and will make the distant motorway noise at home seem completely insignificant! 

Holidays always make it more obvious how much OH has deteriorated, though, so I'm a wee bit glum this morning and scared for the future. Going to enjoy every one we can still do - don't know how many more there'll be. 😐

Highlighted

Ooooh sounds lovely JCJ, picturesque indeedSmiley Happy

And 2 chippies?? It's a dream come true haha.

Bookshop sounds great, love places like that.

What's cottage like? No silly rules?

Was thinking FF may have caught her GC's bugs?

Where are you, FF?

Ugly grey day here and soooooooooo cold again, am sure I say this every year, will never get used to the cold, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No word about ED's tests, it's only been two weeks but seems like an eternity..............xx

Highlighted

FF has gone quiet. I wonder if she's broken her internet again? Hope everything is OK. x

Highlighted

Glad you've got all your various ailments sorted, categorised and catered for, KTC! It is certainly good to know what everything is.

We are in the cottage, right by the mill pond. The Weir is just feet from the patio doors and the surface of the pond is 3ft above ground level, so here's hoping the wall holds up. Mind you, it's not our furniture if the place does flood! 

Wandered out earlier and ate fish & chips - choice of TWO chippies, both less than 2 minutes walk away! OH discovered a 2nd hand bookshop that is also a cafe. It keeps loads of books outside, even when it's shut; 50p each - put money through the letterbox!  I know where he'll be spending a large part of this week!

Highlighted

Hahaha JCJ, that would be a pic indeedSmiley Happy Hope rash is gone and not coming back, ever........

Have a super duper holiday, woo hoo!!

We are off to Greece, sunshine hopefully am so fed up of the cold, c***** weather.

Had doc appt yesterday, white spots on hands are sun damage, crusty facial things are skin condition I already have that has now decided to do something different, thing on eyelid to be removed and a blocked tear duct, have lotions and potions to keep things at bay, haha, am actually pleased that I know what's what nowSmiley Happy

Am busy today but not for a couple of hours, whew, not been sleeping well which is unusual for me so am superly tired, I def need my sleep.............am lucky it only happens now and again, feel great sympathy for people who have issues every night. xx

Highlighted

All packed up and ready to go tomorrow. Beautiful sunny day here today. Probably won't see any more sunshine for the rest of the holiday!

I'm impressed with myself that I went swimming too. I've passed the half way point in the loch. Swam past Inverbeg tonight. 

Earlier, I was sitting with one cheek on the FF bench and the other on the smug bench. OH and I did our bit for the Great British Spring Clean and took the litter pickers and some bin bags up the lane (a continuation of our road that turns into a track and then a footpath). We filled FIVE black bin bags with assorted litter. A lot of it was dog poo bags. WHY do people do that?? Why bag it if they're just going to leave it there??! Revolting! Disgusting! I hate people! Smiley Mad 

Hope you've dried out, Katy - and calmed down, you're only as old as you feel! (Which makes me about 90 at the moment?!) Where are you going on your holiday in 69 days? Do you know? 😄

Rash gone - I think. Not sure if the residual redness is just what it normally looks like (not a place I can see without pulling myself about!) I thought to myself this evening, whilst changing after swimming, that I should've taken a photo to show onc. Then I thought: a) it'd be a bit weird (and possibly job threatening?) to carry a t*t pic about on my phone and b) if it's anything to worry about it won't have gone away by June and she can see it for herself "in the flesh" - literally!! 😄

Highlighted

Aaah so cute JCJSmiley Happy

Hope your rash is still disappearing??

Well, yesterday was actually worse than imagined, hopped on train, other city had torrential rain, wind and was freezing, jumped into a taxi, had appt all ok, asked lady what these little white spots were in my mouth?? they are to do with ageing, WHAT???, walked down the road sat in station, jumped back on train, teeth chattering, arrived home at almost 6, took absolutely ages for me to defrost and for me to get over the fact that I am OLD:smileyfrustrated:

Today pouring with rain and snow, had to nip into town, tried to hang off but it was not subsiding so drenched again, grrrrrrrrrrrr hate this weather!!

Mum has had almost all of her tabs changed, woo hoo, am soooooooooo pleased!!

Was in a well known supermarket today and their creme eggs had been reduced, 5 yes 5 fell into my basket, shock, horror.

Had an email today stating it's 70 days till my holiday, hurrah xx

Can't come soon enough xx

Highlighted

Bobby and her new big brother, Buster. 🙂

20180403_011432.jpg

Highlighted

Yes def do that JCJ, as long as it's clearing.............

That sounds like a lovely evening, menu yum yumSmiley Happy

Nice for you to have quiet time, just doing what you want when you want!

Hope all GC are on the mend too FF.

Am just waiting for the man to come and fix bathroom light, hurrah, had a small lamp fixed up so I could actually see, when GD was here she tipped over said lamp and we were back in darkness again. Bought new bulbs and as I was putting one in, I dropped it, back to square one again, grrrrr. Another bulb carefully placed and I have light again.

Am off to other city today regarding BMS, so cannot be bothered................know there is nothing much that can be done, so it's actually a very long day, won't be home till after 5 boo hoo! xx

Highlighted

Rash virtually gone. Bit of redness still loitering, which is to be expected when the skin was peeling off a few days ago?  I'm not worried any more. Not enough to to take up a doctor's time to show him/her what isn't there any more! I will make a docs appointment if it comes back and will mention it to onc at my annual check up in June - I feel very grateful to have that safety net still; glad I took part in the trial!

Spent most of the day on the reading & knitting bench. Latest creation is nearly finished - just his dungaree strap to knit. Just been out for dinner and film at a lovely little cinema that does a 2 course meal and film for £25.95. I had steak in red wine pie, wedges and peas followed by chocolate fudge cake with chocolate sauce and *yoghurt ( *pretending to be healthy! :)) Oh yes, and the film was Phantom Threads. The 2 hours+ passed quickly so it must have been fairly good. Daniel Day Lewis was superb in it and at least that cinema doesn't assault you with the volume cranked right up like the big multi screen places do. I hate that.

Shall I knit that strap or shall I go to bed? Decisions decisions. Probably still too windy after that meal to lie down yet anyway *picks up Kindle and knitting*. I LOVE not having to get up at silly o'clock in the morning! 😄

Highlighted

So glad that your rash is subsiding JCJ but if doesn't completely go away, see your Dr.   

STEAK for dinner, I just love steak and the rarer the better.  In fact the old joke of "just cut off the horns and wipe it's a*** is me. Smiley Happy  Sorry girls but unless my steak drips blood then it's overcooked.

GC are better today, might be going to visit with Daughter tomorrow after a phone call to see how they all are.  I have Easter eggs to deliver.  The Easter egg hunt has been re-arranged for next weekend when hopefully everyone is ok.  Son's children caught the lurgy from Daughter's children as they'd been together over last weekend. 

I'm having a lovely time just reading, watching tv and pleasing myself.  Nice not to have bother about anyone else......think I would have made a good hermit in past days..........

Highlighted

Aaaaah JCJ, it is scary, any difference?? anywhere?? Don't really think it will ever leave us, do go to doc you have Tues, Wed and Thurs. Really why wait? It is so easy to speak on here than worry everyone else.

GC have gone, we were busy, painting, playing, walking, eating in that order haha.

My Mum gave them some money for Easter, GD bought drawing materials, she loves drawing, and GS bought a large dinosaur and truck, it was in the sale so he had enough pennies. The dinosaur maybe a mistake it's eyes light up and it roars, a very loud roar that lasts for ages, a tad irritating.............haha.

Tidied up after they left then went to supermarket for Mum, delivered small amount of groceries then arrived home, am now on the "oh my sooooooooooo washed out" bench.

Weather was actually nice albeit a bit chilly, so heating on and soon to be feet up on the sofa.

What you have to do regarding choc sizes now, is to eat two bars haha.

What's for dinner tonight please JCJ, cannot even think about cooking.

Holiday sounds nice, are you in the middle of somewhere or on outskirts?

FF, a quiet day is a welcome day, hope your GC are feeling better xx

Highlighted

Special Easter dinner tonight girls! Rump steak in a mushroom, onion, red pepper, garlic and red wine sauce with broccoli, cauliflower, peas and mini roasties followed by chocolate pear cake and chocolate sauce. Help yourselves. I'm stuffed and can't move off the FB bench! 😄

Good job we went for a walk this afternoon before consuming all that. Grabbed the chance while it wasn't raining because the forecast is dire for tomorrow! 

Highlighted

I've never seen a children's air ambulance here. Would I know it if I had though? Is it just like a normal air ambulance but flying out of the children's hospital? I don't suppose it's smaller? 😛 maybe it doesn't really exist - it's just a con to get us to buy chocolate?

Talking of chocolate and cons: OH asked if I wanted anything from the paper shop this morning, so I asked for my favourite chocolate bar, in lieu of an Easter egg (because I refuse to pay more £ for lb than I would for gold!!) He returned with the huge sized bar of C*****y's fruit & nut saying they didn't have any smaller ones. 🙂 I cracked it open tonight and the squares are half the thickness they used to be. Rip off! 😞

A good plan, FF, but I can't make an appointment until at least Tuesday because of the bank holiday, and as the "rash" is already subsiding, by then I probably won't need to. If it's not completely better, I'll do as you suggest, although we are off to the Peak District (to a cottage, Katy, to answer your question) on Friday for a week. I got myself into a bit of a state last night - probably just overtired. I was imagining going back through all the BC process again, only this time RT wouldn't be an option because I know they don't 'do' the same area twice. I wasn't in a very happy place!! 😞 Feel much more rational now. Thank you both for your support as always. What would I do without you? Certainly don't want to worry OH about it, he can't cope with himself never mind my panics!!

Highlighted

Make an appt. JCJ, and then when the patch of dry skin has got better with whatever creams you use, you can cancel it.   Or keep it if it has not got better.  But whatever you do STOP prodding it. That is not going to help, which ,of course, you already know.Smiley Tongue

Well, that explains it, we don't have a children's air ambulance so no need for charity nut and raisins.  Our children have to go in our only air ambulance which I do support but don't get any chocolate rewards for, only a feeling of doing my bit.  

Obviously the met office feels you need to know the weather down here, as you can see yours out of your windows!

Easter egg hunt at Daughter's tomorrow has been cancelled as both her girls are poorly. Have no idea what Son is doing, no answers to messages. it's looking like a very quiet Easter here.  

Highlighted

We don't have them either FF............

Enjoy your days offSmiley Happy

May just be the weather JCJ or the pool, or an irritation???

Sometimes things just appear from nowhere, do what you are doing but if you are too worried contact doc sooner than the 2 weeks. Why make things more stressful? Have been told to come in sooner many times, so make an appt asap, you are not at work and if you can arrange an appt before you have your break that would be good, no point in worrying when you are away. Just do it!

We now have online system, it's brilliant have an appt booked for next week after weeks of trying to book an appt, woo hoo! 

It's sooooooooo cold and grey here rained all of yesterday, yuck.

Have both GC today, an overnight stay, so will be busy.

Am tired already haha.

When where and how long are you off for JCJ, cottage, hotel?? xx

Highlighted

Charity chocolate nuts and raisins, and my other occasional accidental purchase, chocolate peanuts are made, along with lots of other sorts of sweets and flapjack, by a company called Snack Aid. Our swimming pool sell them,  a percentage of the price going to The Children's Air Ambulance. I don't quite know why children need a different air ambulance, but it seems like a good cause, and an excellent excuse to eat chocolate!

I opened up the met office website on my tablet tonight (usually use the app on my phone but it was too far away from the CBA bench, charging) and, weirdly, it gave me the forecast for YOUR town, FF! I kept putting in my location and it kept reverting to yours. How odd.

Tonight I find myself back on the trying not to panic bench. Yesterday, I discovered a small patch of flaky skin just under the nipple on the 'mutilated' side. Not sure if this is the "rash or redness" we're advised to look out for. I've put Sudocrem (other...) on it and am hoping it is just dry skin and I'm going to give it the two week test. If it's still there in 2 weeks I'll see a doc. Or should I go straight away and risk looking a complete fool? Of course, I keep prodding at it so the whole, already tender, boob is now sore which is increasing the worry.

Highlighted

Charity chocolate nuts and raisins contain no calories, so no worries there JCJ.. Why have I never seen or heard of charity chocolate nuts and raisins?  Is it because I live in the back of beyond  i.e. the South West?

I could go on a rant about the South West receiving less government money for education, roads, NHS, and an awful lot of other things but I won't because it's a waste of my breath.  But....are we being deprived of charity chocolate nuts and raisins too? 

I have no idea what day it is, only know I didn't have to go to school.  Tomorrow I need to go food shopping, tonight's dinner was a bit of "what can you make from lefovers?" It was actually delicious.

Glad you feed back was good JCJ.

My weather forecast is for rain, rain and more rain.  Yellow warning for flooding.

Highlighted

No more get ups! 17 days without the pesky alarm going off. Hurrah!  I am thoroughly confused though, because we never break up midweek so in my head it's Friday. Was all excited for chippies then realised it was only Thursday: not only was it not chippy night but I had to go swimming! Not even sure if chippy is open tomorrow as it's a bank holiday! NOOOOO! 😞

Another mile+ accomplished despite several ladies determined to get in my ***** way! *Walking* up and down the pool for goodness sake! Arghh! "Accidentally" bought some charity choc nuts & raisins and scoffed the lot. Oops!

Had feedback from observed lesson today. It was good. Phew!

Met Office weather warning for snow on Monday. Hopefully by then they'll have changed their minds. At least I shan't have to worry about getting to work and we're not going to the Peak District until next Friday, so it should all be gone by then. 

Highlighted

Yellow wellies....I've got a lovely pair of yellow shoes with white spots on them, I call them my spotty dotties. Please don't tell me I'm the only person who has nicknames for favourite shoes?? 🙂
Highlighted

Now you've reminded me Katy, I remember about the yellow wellies.  Keep grumping on at her Drs. they are supposed to be looking after your Mum.

JCJ - Glad that your OH has picked a hot tub and lovely views, sounds great. I might smuggle myself into your luggage Smiley Happy

On a school trip recently one of my teachers managed to fall on her a*** in the mud.  Cue children laughing hysterically and they couldn't wait to tell me about it when I got to school.

Me : Did you have a nice day out?

Kids:  Miss C fell over in the mud! Ha ha ha!

No mention of the canoe rapids, climbing wall, zip wire or anything else they had done!  I'm so glad you avoided that.

School a mess tonight, overtime done. Painting of Easter cards for the parents, paint on the cards, the tables, the chairs, the floor, the doorhandles, the wash hand basins, the soap dispensers, the taps, the walls...........But lovely cards for the parents.......

Highlighted

Glad your mum is speaking to you, Katy. You are right, FF, I certainly wouldn't want my "children" bossing me around! (The reason we don't see ES was that OH tried to tell him what to do - he got short shrift!)

Didn't wear yellow wellies. Went for walking boots instead. Less slippery. Managed not to land on my a**e in the mud. Phew! Rain was nothing like as bad as forecast - ie not heavy downpour continuously for 3 hours, just a couple of short showers. 46 children building 'shelters' in the woods. They were fire lighting (heavily supervised), on the school playing field, this afternoon, but I had to teach the Y4/5 class so I wasn't involved with that.

The holiday is booked! Yey! OH picked one of my post its. Initially, I was slightly disappointed because, although in a scenic spot, it looked like the property was surrounded by other houses and I really wanted a scenic garden to pretend I was camping - like last year. Then he said, "No, I don't think it's that one, I think it's the one near there. Look again at map. Look up bookmark in tablet. Yeh! It's one with a hot tub and an amazing view from every window. Rather more expensive than the others but what the ...... 😄 That's the first 2 weeks of August sorted! 

Highlighted

Hahaha FF, you are rightSmiley Happy!

Thought bossiness may work but should have known better.

Forgot to say she is 82, spoke to her this morning and all sounding very good, new plan is to make sure doc is aware and ready to sort out meds, they are def the problem, so instead of grumpy to Mum will be grumping to doc.

Yellow wellies were from ages ago a tongue in cheek "if you didn't wear yellow wellies you would be guilty of causing BC", this was when it was your weight, deodrants, air freshners, alcohol, obesity were all to blame, blah, blah, blah......................Absolutely refuse to have any GUILT whatsoever, gosh still makes me mad....

At home today, hurrah, just hovering around the "CBA" bench.

Am also hovering around the "grrrrrrrrrrrrrr" bench still no electrician for broken light switch, will wait another hour then will phone xx

Highlighted

So glad you've had a good chat with Mum, Katy.  Gentle persuasion perhaps coupled with how worried you are.... could work better.  

If our children started telling us how to behave, would we take it well?  I, for one, wouldn't Smiley Happy 

Son and DIL were introduced to my new wacky glasses on Sunday.  DIL loved them, Son thinks I've lost the plot. Do I care?.....NO!

Noooo! not yellow wellies!  Pink wellies with green spots on JCJ.  Hope you get a good report and also hope your OH chooses one of the options with a hot tub. Smiley Happy Enjoy your holiday wherever you go.

Highlighted

Thank you girls as alwaysSmiley Happy

Head above water again, felt a bit headless chicken yesterdaySmiley Frustrated

Had a good long chat with Mum today and felt as though we made a breakthrough hurrah.

Think I was being too "naggy" with her and if you are a stubborn person, someone else nagging is just going to annoy rather than help. 

Hope you have very positive feedback JCJ and enjoy your walk??? Yellow wellies must be worn.

Glad you have found suitable places, when are you going?

Docs were pretty amenable but really good to know FF, thank youSmiley Happy

Went into town today, didn't have to run around so much more relaxing.

Am on the hunt for a plain black pair of trousers but can't see any in the style I like, have only looked online so suppose will have to venture into the shops, arrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Hot cross buns glad they didn't fall into my basket......................fudge and wine gums did though hee hee xx

Highlighted

You grab Katy by any available extremity, FF; I've got her by the scruff of the neck. Together we'll keep her above water! 🙂 x

Miserable, drizzly day today and absolutely manic at school. Y6 teacher has planned an exciting day out in the woods tomorrow, with our Y6 and those from our sister school - but she forgot to tell me, or the children, until this afternoon! I've just looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow. Oh dear!! We will get VERY wet and muddy! 😞 I'm hopeless when it's muddy and slippery underfoot so I'm dreading it.

I was being observed this afternoon - immediately after teacher dropped the above bombshell - with a small group of children. I THINK it went ok, despite them being rather over excited (it was the Easter disco after school too, today, which always winds them up!) Not had any feedback yet though and I've thought previous obs have gone ok!!

Just done the supermarket shop - seem to have "accidentally" bought a lot of hot cross buns for school (I'm in charge of the tea/coffee/squash/biscuits purchasing) Hope everyone likes them. Or I'll just have to bring them home. What a shame?

Had lovely roast beef "Easter Special Roast Dinner" in the supermarket café. Yum. And a mugatea and hot cross buns after I put all the shopping away. 🙂

I have labelled a map of Wales with half a dozen post its marking potential holiday places. Now waiting for OH to decide. I'd be happy to stay in any of them. Two of them even have hot tubs! Such decadence? 

On the k****ered bench now. Two. More. Get. Ups. I. Can. Do. This.

Highlighted

You are not sinking, there are loads of people here to hold you up.  Smiley Happy

Perhaps try asking your Mum to allow you to access her medical records?  SIL has access to his Mum's as she's said he can.  So now he knows what's going on with her medically. Laws may be different where you are.

Can I be nosy and ask how old is Mum?  Feel free not to answer! 

Tiny biscuit cutbacks, whatever next?  A muggach...? 

No standing about chatting in gardens today, a lot colder but still dry and sunny. Met office forecast says no white Easter for us but that could change, who knows?

Highlighted

In the garden, no coats?? chatting??

WHAT??? 

Sunshine but no warmth here, would def need my forty fleeces!

Have you booked anywhere yet JCJ?

Thank you for the hugs, much needed.

Mum went to the shop around the corner yesterday and ended up on the ground, ambulance called, I didn't know anything about it until today, no injuries apart from a bump on the head. She told paramedics she didn't want me called. My head is spinning, phoned docs and they informed me there are no heart issues (in a round about manner, patient confidentiality) so I told them what I think is going on so doc will be able to ask the right questions, something needs to be sorted and because she is soooooooooo stubborn it's difficult.

Next phone call from friend who said she has had a heart attack, stent inserted, will see her next week.

Am sinking................

Went for my muggachoc today, you usually have a complementary small biscuit to accompany drink, cutbacks mean you now have to ask for that tiny biscuit, really?? xx

Highlighted

More hugs from me too Katy.  

Thank you for my dinner JCJ, just delicious and the sprouts were so lovely.

Lovely spring day here today all family met at Daughter's,  we were all outside in the garden, chatting in the sunshine  until teatime called us in. No new date set for catio building, I was hopeful for the Easter weekend but Son has to work and the weather forecast is..........

Four more days to work and then holidays.  Yay, so looking forward to days off.

Highlighted

Hugs, Katy. Too many worries for you! 😞

Dinner is - or was - roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, roasties, smashed roots, roasted onion, cabbage, sprouts ('specially for FF) and gravy followed by apple strudel (supermarket's best frozen variety) and ice cream/frozen yoghurt.

Sorry, KTC, but it's been lovely and warm here today. I pruned the roses and the hydrangea, out in the garden, with no coat on and didn't even feel cold! Temperature plummeting again tonight though. Of course, by Thursday, when we break up for Easter, the weather will be arctic again, I'm sure.

Spent hours this evening trying to find a cottage to stay in for 2 weeks in August. Don't want to travel as far as we did last year - not worth OH's stress! - so I'm looking at Wales. Considering that up until last year we always spent 2 weeks in a tent..  In a field... the 'must have' list for a cottage is ridiculous. And of course we've left it very late so most places are already booked for one or both of the weeks we want .Grrrr Last year's amazing place will take some living up to. Ho hum.

Highlighted

Where do I start??

ED had appt and the thing that doc thought it wasn't?? neurologist isn't so sure so more testing........

And Mum had her ECG, seems to be fine but she is convinced she is having an MRI scan at docs???

And the bathroom light switch just fell apart.

I'm DONE...............

Superly cold here, am on the "hiding from everything" bench, near the "think about nothing" bench.

What are we having for dinner tonight JCJ?? xx

Highlighted

Thank goodness it's Friday! This seems to have been a very long week!

Went to the chippy as usual tonight and I was so hungry - or, let's face it, greedy! - that I ate a lot of them before I even got home and now have a burnt finger. Serves me right?!

Hope ED's appointment goes ok tomorrow and she gets some answers.

Highlighted

No. I was exaggerating!  I can't compete with it, I can only read at my speed Smiley Happy I just found I could always beat the time to read (and was perhaps a little bit smug!) but I do find it interesting that the time is getting shorter.  Obviously the kindl is registering the time I tap to change pages and is adjusting.  I just find it a little bit disconcerting that this small device seems to be watching me......Big Brother??

Always said I'd never get one but now I am converted, so easy to slip into handbag just in case there's a need to kill a few minutes. 

There is still snow around down here in spite of the temperature climb, reminds me of a saying of my FIL's which I can't quite remember but it was something like "old snow is waiting for new snow". White Easter? 

Exhibition of the chidren's art tonight at school.  Parents, children, teachers, governers, villagers all over the place.  I did the best I could and left early, there was just no point.  Senior teacher agreed so that was ok.

Glad your feet are feeling better Katy. Hope you had a cake too.

Highlighted

Beat the machine FF, hahaha, funny how things play in your head, would prob try and do the same thing hee hee.

Glad you are enjoying the reading machine.

Enjoy your swim tonight JCJ, it's freezing here so wrap up well.

Had a lovely walk with GS today, at the very end we passed a bakery shop, GS picked a cake and totally devoured it in seconds, his small face was a delight, as was the cake obviously........ Arrived home and he had 2 sandwiches in quick succession, hungry boy.

Am still pretty tired, amazing how different the lido is each time??? but feet are much improved woo hoo.

Don't buy GC easter eggs so a couple of days ago received a text from well known store, have picked my slot time for sale, thought may get a bargain easter gift, not to be as by the time I start looking most of stuff has gone, bit of a con really and superly annoying, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Remember was saying it's basically impossible to arrange appt with docs, well they are going online soooooooo we will be able to book appts ourselves, woo hoo, maybe??? xx

Highlighted

Didn't get the icicle forest photo because when I got back to it yesterday, on my way to work, although it was still partially there, it had started to melt and the dirt from the road traffic had made it look dingy. No longer a fairy grotto: it looked more like strips of paper strewn in the hedge. 😞

Temperatures gradually rising, most of the snow is gone - just the bits where it had drifted quite deeply are left. Actually saw some sunshine most of today. 🙂

Fingers crossed for ED on Saturday, Katy, and make sure you get enough rest to recover from lido! I'm sooo tired tonight. Won't be long out of my bed tonight either!

Glad you've discovered the delights of 99p Kindle books, FF; there are loads of free ones too. Don't feel you have to compete with the b****y thing though, just enjoy the freedom to carry 100s of books about in one hand and be able to read hands free. I read a real book recently and got frustrated that not only did I have to hold the pages open so I couldn't knit, (or eat my soup for lunch!) I also had to hunt for a bookmark!! I always used to say I loved the feel of a real book too much to give them up, but I'm a complete convert now. So much less clutter too. However, I discovered a down side this week: saw Jack Dee's book advertised at 99p. Bought it and accidentally clicked "delete from library" instead of "deliver to default devise" as they were next to each other in the drop down menu and I was using my silly small phone.  The only way to retrieve it is to buy it again! What? I know it's only 99p, but that's outrageous! I bought it already! Grrrr!