68535members
360491posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! So embarrassed! I was just sitting in my nightie and dressing gown (even though it's nearly midday!) in my back garden enjoying a coffee, my kindle and knitting an elephant, thinking to myself how nice it was to be able to do this as the only people who could see me would be the immediate neighbours - and only if they deliberately leant out of their windows. Suddenly, the gate opened and in marches the window cleaner with his ladder! I leapt about 3ft in the air in shock. I'm in full view as he comes along the path at the side of the house towards me and procedes to shut the door into the house and start cleaning the sunlounge windows thus blocking my escape route; all the while chatting cheerily to me! Nothing for it but to brazen it out! We discuss my knitting.

I am horribly aware that OH is in the bedroom, probably starkers, and I can see the windows are shut but the curtains half open!! How to warn him? If I go around to the front door I have to pass the other window cleaner who's doing the front windows and advertise my state of undress to the whole neighborhood! 

Luckily window cleaner 2 comes around to the back: another smirk and cheery "Hello!" and I make a dash for it, around the front of the house (thank goodness I unlocked the front door just now!!) and upstairs to warn OH ""ON A SATURDAY??!!" and shut the curtains just as window cleaner 1 positions his ladder and starts his ascent. Phew! 

I'm now dressed! As is OH. And slightly traumatised! Smiley Embarassed

Highlighted

Aquatic skill performanes?? Are they cleverly made water-based Spanish cocktails? Hehehe 😄 Hic!

Highlighted

Perfomanes? ??? New skills.....xx

Highlighted

Spoilt rotten indeed Ali haha
Glad you will be sorted for purdie FF puts your mind at rest sounds perfect.
Weather here has been in the 30s since we arrived so hide during the day with spells of aquatic skill perfomanes xx

Highlighted

I used to take my cat to a local cattery, because every time I took her the owner would talk to the cat first -"hello Chloe my sweetheart, you are so beautiful, did you miss your Uncle Mick? I've got Radio Two on for you because I know you like it, and those treats you like..... Bye Mrs H. See you in two weeks. Now precious, off we go, let's get you settled. ...." she was spoilt rotten!

Highlighted

I have been looking online at local catteries.  Picked out two, one with a website with lovely photos and encouraging blurb and lots of good reviews and make an appt to view.  Other one with a basic website, basic photos and just two good reviews.  But an awful lot nearer home.  So today Daughter and I went to see the nearer cattery. 

Website said call in anytime, no appt. necessary so we rolled up at 9.45 am. unannounced.

Met the lady of the establishment in the garden playing with some of her own cats. She and her husband then showed us around.

I was impressed, the place was spotless and more than adequate. Each cat abode has two spaces, one to run around in and one to be quieter/sleep in.  Not new, it's a wooden construction and obviously been there some time but well maintained.  They had about 10 cats boarding and they all looked happy.  I said that Purdie was timid and prone to stress cystitis and she had all the right questions and answers for that and  told me about zyklene and urinary biscuits which I'd never heard of but after coming home and googling are very good ideas. 

I said August, she said oooh..... but got her book out ( I could see it was nearly fully booked) but there was space for Purdie so I've booked her in. We left and I asked Daughter what she thought and she was also impressed with the cleanliness (not even a whiff of cat) liked the people and we both loved the fact that their own 12 cats who were roaming about looked so happy and healthy.I

So I think I've got a good place for Purdies holiday.

Highlighted

Another swim done. Had the fast lane to myself tonight. No dodging or weaving required. I've only got 57 lengths left in "the loch" so I'll be arriving at the Sea Life Loch Lomond Aquarium between 8:30 and 9:00 pm next Thursday (28th). Paaaaarty! 🙂

Training day at school tomorrow. All senior teachers out at a conference and no kids in sight! We've been left a huge list of jobs to do but if we crack on we should get away early. While the cats are away.........?!

Highlighted

Dinner was delicious yum!
In reality mine was yuck..
Purdie off on holiday too? Is there a place near you?
Lovely to receive JCJ .
Had a phone call from docs which I missed of course phoned reception back and she said doctor wanted to have a chat they sent pic to dermatology will speak when I get back so am thinking it's not the "C" word because they would have just arranged an appointment so a woo hoo methinks.
Weather is fabulous oh so hot have been hiding in the shade.... we found a lovely restaurant honestly would eat there every night haha. Greek night at hotel tonight. You will never believe it hump and dink were here yesterday they were hiding in a door way I ran in opposite direction yikes xx

Highlighted

Laughing to myself at Purdie's jeans drama. 😄 Feeling guilty that MMU will mean she has to go to a cattery. I hope you find one that will be a holiday for her too! 😁🐱

Usual routine stuff happening here. Y6 teacher back - in body at least. She's still obviously not well - it's a long climb back up when you've not kept anything down (or up?!!!) for 10 days. It means the class is calmer but now we're starting to organise end of year events. Not long now until they'll be leaving! Mixed feelings about that.

The staffing has been sorted for next year: I'll be in the Y5/Y6 class, which is the current Y4/Y5 class I currently "enjoy" on Wednesday afternoons. Oh joy! Working with a different teacher who I've not worked closely with before but I think she's good.

I had a lovely letter from the chair of governors thanking me for all my efforts helping to prepare Y6 for SATs. It was obviously a blanket letter printed off for everyone involved and my name hand-written on the top, but still it was a nice gesture and a pleasant surprise (I immediately assumed the worst when I saw a brown envelope with my name on it in my pigeon hole: "Oh no! What have I done now?!")

Enjoyed the British interest green tennis tonight. No spoilers from me!

Highlighted

Thank you for Sunday dinner, delicious as usual.  Not a lot going on down here.  Daughter popped in yesterday so we caught up on all the gossip.  Off on Thusday to visit a cattery to see if it is suitable for Purdie while I'm at MMU6. 

Just been pootling about, shopping, bought the last bag of kitten food today, need to wean Purdue on to house cat food this month.  Need to see about invitations to her first birthday party.

And she's still getting herself into pickles, I put my jeans over the back of a dining chair to air, Purdie went into them to investigate, first I knew of it was a thud on the floor, the jeans with Purdie inside them fell off the chair and I've got a cat halfway down a trouser leg on the floor!  Does she go down the trouser leg and out or does she back out ot the waistband? She backed out, it was hilarious and I didn't have time to get the camera!

Highlighted

Dinner is in the shed: roast lamb, roasties, roasted beetroot, smashed roots, broccoli, Yorkshire pudding, gravy and mint sauce followed by chocolate cheesecake (a delicious 2-portion bargain purchased from the "on sell by date" cabinet in the c*-** supermarket yesterday!) with strawberries and half-fat creme fraiche. Utterly delicious, if I do say so myself. I will remind myself of that fact if I'm awake half the night unable to digest it! Living dangerously eating lamb AND cheesecake in the same meal!!

Watch out for low flying broomsticks: Katy might be paying a flying visit to the shed - unless she's got better options at her holiday accommodation! 🙂

Green tennis starts tomorrow. 🙂 Series record is set.

I suspect the Y6 boys will be vile tomorrow. Football brings out the worst in them, and it's the first England match tomorrow isn't it? 😞 I hope their teacher is back..... :-{ She popped in on Friday. Still not right but getting there. It was food poisoning, probably from a chicken wrap purchased from an outdoor European Market. She said it was delicious! She's on antibiotics now so, hopefully, she'll be fit enough to come back to work this week. Fingers crossed.

Highlighted

Where's my dinner?  I'm hungry .

Highlighted

Goodness am not here for around 10 min and plots murder and mayhem are the order of the day yikes.....
Glad you were both safe country roads are a hazard indeed.
Good luck grumpy asbo boy and the duchess.
Am sitting on the balcony slurping a cup of tea oh the good life xx

Highlighted

So that's both of us breathing sighs of relief then JCJ. Getting so used to two lane bendy roads at 50 or single track country lanes at 20 leads to complacency and so we were both caught out by that.  My speed has lessened and bends are being taken with much more care. 

I went into town today to buy a net curtain rod. I came home with two pairs of trousers.....how did that happen?  Well....the hardware store didn't have the right size of rod  so I ordered it and will pick it up on Tuesday.  Then  I just thought I'll have a look in the dept. store while I'm here.  On sale ...a pair of trousers, my size and I had a £5 off voucher so I bought them.

Back to the car which I'd parked outside a clothes shop, thought I'd just have a look in as I was there, another pair of trousers just shouted buy me, buy me ....so I did. So two pairs of trousers.  

Highlighted

Oh no no no, FF, not wishing any harm to Katy. She will arrive back from her lovely holiday, see the "swimming" lake we have installed, immerse herself for a refreshing dip and then think, "Aaaaaggghhhh! This is the alligator lake! Nooooo!" But it's OK, you will have wrangled the alligators into their holding pen - having culled some for the allihaggis burgers ready for the Loch Lomond arrival party. She will be perfectly safe and we get a good laugh.

I had a near sqeak driving home this week too. My route to work is a very bendy road that used to terrify me. I am now used to it and as it's wide enough for a white line down the middle and 2 cars to pass (or even a car and a lorry, with care)and I know it soooo well, I tend to drive at the 50mph speed limit. Imagine my surprise, nay horror, when I rounded a corner and 20ft in front of me was a horse and cart pootling along!! Arghh! Brakes and hazards on simultaneously! Phew! That was close! And nobody went in the back of me either! Phew!

Good luck with the pink walk, grumpy. Lovely to see you in Benchland. I hope ASBO boy behaves himself. 🙂

Highlighted

Really JCJ?  Are you trying to get Katy eaten by the alligators?   You said mischief, not murder!!  I have  reinstated that NO in very large flashing red letters.  Although i'm sure Katy would have more sense than to go swimming in a lake full of alligators.   Bungy ropes into bunny warrens would be quite funny though. 

Two weeks to Sea Life, I must think of a suitable costume, maybe I'll dress as a dolphin or maybe a deep sea diver..... I'll think about it. 

Hi, Grumpy, glad to hear that you and the Duchess and Asbo boy are on holiday and ok. Good luck for your Pink Walk.

Highlighted

I will be joining in the Pink Walk on the 24th June with the Duchess and the ASBO Boy who will be wearing pink neckerchiefs to match my pink tee shirt and mad pink and black leggings. Fortunately it is a road walk, so Her Grace can ride in her trolley if her legs collapse...... the ASBO Boy has no idea what it's all about but he's always up for a walk.

Presently in the Borders in the campervan having some peace and quiet. Who am I kidding, last night kept waking up to the sound of branches landing on the van roof, so tonight have tanked up on glitterberry juice to ensure decent kip. Her Grace is snoring VERY loudly and ASBO Joey is asleep on his back displaying his Bits to the world! 

Love to all

Grumpy xxxx

Highlighted

Glad you escaped unscathed, if slightly shaken, FF.

I've been pootling around Benchland with a cream cake in one hand and a mugatea in the other. Cunningly obliterated the "NO" from the sign advising against swimming in the lake. Also put some extra bounce in the flooring and the bunny ropes ( no, you stupid tablet: bungy not bunny - although bunny ropes do sound intriguing - abseiling ropes to descend into underground warrens??) that'll take KTC by surprise when she returns?! Hehehehe

Y6 such hard work today. Teacher still off sick and supply teacher in. I blame the football. It seems to bring out the worst of 10/11 year old boys!

Swimming tonight was frustrating. Not that many in the "Loch" but three women decided to stand about in the middle, or swim in formation, chatting, making it really difficult to get past. Grrrr I resisted the urge to shout "*** *** to the pub if you just want to chat!!" The end of the Loch is in sight. I've swum around the islands and only have just under 2 miles to go. I can almost taste the haggis! Those critters in the Sea Life Centre are going to have the fright of their lives when I rock up in 2 weeks time! 🙂

Highlighted

When I said "run around Benchland"  it was a figure of speech.  You know me, I obviously meant a leisurely stroll round Benchland with a stop for a cream tea and lots of cups of tea and possibly later on a bag of chips Smiley Happy

Near miss in the lanes today going to school today.  I met one of those enormous car/pick ups in the lane, he was towing a trailer with sheep in it. The lane wasn't quite wide enough for both of us.  I slammed on the brakes went into the hedge and stopped. He slammed on his brakes and unfortunately skidded in the debris at the side of the lane.  I braced for the impact but he managed to stop about a cigarette papers width from my back door.  We ended up level to each other through open windows .  Being British we politely enquired if each other was ok, we were, we then set about extricating ourselves from the predicament. 

I now have a few more scratches on my car from the hedge  The sheep might have been surprised at the sudden stop!

I drove the rest of the way to school and home a lot more slowly than I usually do though. 

Highlighted

Run???? After you, FF! 😛

Highlighted

Mischief?  Let's run around Benchland and change all the signposts  Then when Katy thinks she's heading for the Shed, she'll end up in the lake Smiley Tongue 

I managed to get off the reading bench today and went into town to visit the charity shops for summer trousers.  Nice pair found for £5.00. Bargain!  But I also found two books, so I'm back on the reading bench tonight.

Highlighted

Right, the boss has gone. What mischief shall we get up to FF (and all silent Benchlanders)??! 😄

Highlighted

Yes , I'm still reading, spectacular failure to step away from the reading bench today.  There's always tomorrow to go to town  I'll try again.Smiley Happy

Done some gardening tonight, the weeds were getting out of control so theyv'e been uprooted and it looks better now. 

Online tonight in a well known supermarket clothes dept. Saw the trousers I wanted,  placed them in the basket, went to pay, had to set up an account. Ok.  Filled in all the info.....and it just won't accept my postcode,  ******* is my postcode, just stop saying it is invalid. No it's not , that is my postcode, I know my postcode!  I've given up, obviously I don't exist.   And I'm not getting a new pair of trousers! 

Happy holidays Katy, we'll hold the fort while you're away Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Isn't it lovely to be in the background JCJ, big difference from last year!

FF, are you still reading?? haha

Am organised, had to smile a couple of years ago I purchased a medium suitcase, it is full to bursting, don't know if I will be able to fit my hairdryer in...................and I am one to talk about YD????

Am so looking forward to everythingSmiley Happy

Will be in and out sporadically depending on wifi etc.............

Psst would rather watch the football than the tennis hee hee xx

Highlighted

Step away from the reading bench, FF! 🙂 

Queens green tennis definitely on BBC next week and on BBC sport app, but can't find out if Eastbourne is on free TV yet: website seems to suggest not.

Have a super holiday, Katy. Worrying forbidden! Enjoy!  

Hope the shorts arrived and are to your liking.

Y6 back today - most of them anyway. Tired and cocky. Their teacher is still off sick - it's been a really nasty stomach bug! - so that doesn't help matters. Sooo glad there was a supply teacher to take responsibility and I was just the backup crew! 

Highlighted

There is green tennis on tv before Wimbledon.  Eastbourne and Queens. Queens starts next Monday, Eastbourne the week after, Wimbledon 2nd July. 

Not a lot going on down here, I haven't heard from Son since the car swap on Friday, so I'm assuming all is ok.  Sure I would have heard if it wasn't!

Meant to go up to town today, to visit library and have a look in charity shops for summer lightweight trousers before I go spending out on new ones. A book got my attention and I just couldn't be bothered.  I'll try again tomorrow.  The trick is...don't sit down, don't pick up a book...get on with what I need to do Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hope all was quiet today JCJSmiley Happy, children suitably exhausted!

Dinner was lovely as always am seriously thinking of moving to your area haha.

YD home safely, washing all done, hurrah, was on the ball...............she is sooooooooooo tanned, the white of her eyes and her teeth look a dazzling white, really dazzling haha.

Also have almost packed my suitcase just bits and bobs to go in now.

Woke up to rain this morning, WHAT?? first rain for almost 3 weeks, it's grey but stiflingly hot, stuffy.

Into town tomorrow, last things to purchase and to pick up my shorts xx

Highlighted

Usual Sunday tasks done - including double load of ironing; didn't bother doing it last Sunday because YD was here, "I'll do it in the week, one night after school". Yeh. Right! Of course that didn't happen! 

Spent the afternoon on the red tennis bench. What a match! No spoilers but it was closer than the scoreboard implied! Running in and out getting the dinner at the same time. Thank goodness for the pause button!  I will be having withdrawal for 2 (3?) weeks until Wimbledon. It'll be ****** football everywhere instead. *Scans TV guide to see if there's any televised green tennis before Wimbledon*

Dinner is baked ham, Yorkshire pudding, roasties, cabbage, courgettes in garlic butter, peas and honey mustard gravy followed by a healthier (slightly) version of a peach Melba: peaches soaked in brandy, ice cream, raspberries, natural yoghurt and chocolate chips. Nom nom. All welcome as always.

Hopefully, it will be a quiet day at school tomorrow: just me and 2 Y6 children sorting out the old SATs paper filing cabinets. I won't be surprised if that changes though. We were going to do that on Friday but the Y4s were out, with their teacher and TA,  playing cricket, so I had to have the Y5s (it's a Y4/5 class) along with the 2 Y6s who didn't go on the residential. The rest of Y6 will be home tomorrow afternoon and back in school on Tuesday. I bet they'll be exhausted. As will the staff that went with them! 110 11-year-olds from 3 schools! 😱

Highlighted

Hair chopped, not growing length wise but growing side ways??? What's that all about??

Shorts returned to shopsSmiley Happy Checked the ones in store that I have ordered online and I really like them, don't know why I didn't do that in the first place................especially as I had a gift voucher for that store! Marbles have gone walk-a-bout again methinks.

Also have a new small bag, just easier to manage, have just spent around half an hour trying to work out how to manoeuvre straps so it's an across body bag, grrrr.

Am going to lie down now.

Have not heard that before re Billy but it's def true this year xx

Highlighted

Hurrah Smiley HappyJCJ!!

Looked at prices, outward journey is a fantastic price, coming home costs 5, yes 5 times more, grrrrrrrrrrr. So will hang off for a bit...........

Went for a walk/sit down near the river today, GS was mesmerized, we were there for ages.

After ED & GS left had a wander around and bought 2 pairs of shorts, came home and tried them on, yuck, so will take them back tomorrow. Have to go into town anyway for hair chopping, my fringe seems to have a mind of it's own this time or I am going for the floppy look??? Have just looked online and have seen nicer shorts, should have just done that in the first placeSmiley Frustrated

We are off on Wed, woo hoo xx

Highlighted

Train tickets bought. £18 saved. Will pick them up from machine tomorrow. 😄

Highlighted

Yay! To son's car fixed and everybody getting their own cars back. Yay! to feeling better about potential c-word again (but we'll still keep hoping it's not!)

I know what you mean about apologies going a long way, FF. I'm always much happier to go the extra mile if I'm asked nicely and it's not just assumed I'll do it! Mind you, most of the time at work, now, I can sit back and watch someone else being put upon just like I used to be!

What was it Billy Connolly said about Scottish weather, KTC? Scotland has two seasons: winter and June! Glad you're enjoying your summer/June! 😛

Wow!! Time to book trains??!......I'm on it!

When do you go on holiday, Katy? I thought it was 5th June, but you're still here so I must have mis-remembered?

An hilarious thing happened, yesterday, at our airport day. All staff dressed up as different airport staff (I was passport control so I wore the skirt suit I wore for YD's wedding). A male TA (the only man on our staff) came as airport security - he bought an inflatable gun and flak jacket and wore black shorts and t-shirt with gun holsters and hand cuffs. One of our dinner ladies commented, when he'd left the hall but was, unbeknownst to her, still within earshot: "He can strip search me anyday!" He said "I may be out of sight but I can still hear you!!" Bright red faces all round and much hilarity in the staffroom later! 😄

Exhausted tonight, but managed to swim my mile - just. I was a bit delayed leaving the house (chair had firm hold of me!) and then the roads were partially flooded after a heavy downpour so I had to drive carefully, meaning I got to the pool a bit late. 189 lengths left. 3 weeks should do it.

Soooo glad it's Friday tomorrow. Zzzzzzzzzz

Highlighted

Bargain indeed FFSmiley Happy!!

Gosh another lovely day here, just faffed around today, did do the windows yesterday so that's enough for one week, haha.

Went to docs today and am being referred, said it would be around 4 weeks, they will take a biopsy then see how it goes from there. Operation or creams. He said there still is a possibilty it's not but it does look suspect, am alright as it looks like it would be a non melanoma, was more shocked last week on hearing the "C" word again. So am ok, no tears shed.

Had a check of area we are going to (hol) and there is a natural hot spring, really fancy that seemingly gets rid of all aches and pains woo hoo!!

Also checked train fares for Norcambe, will book when I come backSmiley Happy xx

Highlighted

Breaking news.... Son's car appears to be fixed.  He's been test driving it around the village where it went to be fixed and all is ok.  Son and Daughter meeting tomorrow to swap cars back.  Might have to give her a lift there.

I'm still on the school run tomorrow morning, then I go to my friend that I don't clean for, and then the pick up from school at 12.30. 

My KS2 teacher tonight apologised for the state of her room, told me to leave it and she would sort it in the morning.  Ok.....  I had a look at it, decided it really wasn't that bad.  They'd been tasting food from different countries. I cleaned it (but left her all the plates to wash up).  An apology for a mess goes a long way with me , if they say they're sorry, I'll clean it, if they don't, I won't! 

Highlighted

If they all got rata**ed before the flight it would be more realistic Smiley Happy   What a brilliant idea to have a plane and passports etc. I'm going to mention that to my ST when I see her.

Yes, I did see the Djokovic match, like you I'd recorded it and I kept waiting for him to turn it around but....oops.  So many new players getting really good.  I'm a great fan of Zverev and was very disappointed when he got the hamstring injury against Thiem, that could have been a very good match.

I managed to get to Daughter's at 8.40, and GD was duly delivered to pre school on time. And I remembered to go and pick her up at the right time. Result. We got the sand and whilst in the shop I bought a pair of trainers.  They caught my eye, I tried them on, very comfy, they'll do for work and just £12!  Bargain!

Highlighted

Ooooh FF playing in sandpits and JCJ building planes, what are you both like?? hahaha.

Sounds like such fun.

Glad you enjoyed the strawberries, instead of running to the shed, was running somewhere else this morning haha, that'll teach me.

Tried again this morning phoning, still same message "due to high volume blah, blah" am giving up it's not urgent just a query but will mention when I do see a human, grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Another lovely day hereSmiley Happy!

ED visited today and am meeting her and GS on Fri, she's lost just now cause all college work is finished, still no word from consultant, no news is good news.

Mother has a new mobile phone and cannot work it properly..................had to phone warden today to sort her out, haha, she thought I was my cousin phoning to get in her house, I could hear her buzzing no one in, saga went on for ages....................I can hear her but she can't hear me.....................move the phone to your ear please......................

Ah well, never a dull momentSmiley Happy xx

Highlighted

Dashing to shed........ You didn't leave many for me did you, you greedy guzzlers!

We had strawberries and creme fraiche watching the red tennis the other night which was just wrong - should be green tennis with strawberries! The strawberries were cheap though, and delicious. I think I'm actually starting to prefer them with creme fraiche - originally born out of necessity, now I buy it from choice.

Talking of red tennis, FF, did you see the Djokovic match this evening. Wow! We recorded it earlier (in Sai******* shopping and eating dinner) and just finished watching it. Incredible. 

Having an airport day tomorrow at school. Whole school arriving as if to an airport. Each class "flying" to a destination relevant to their class topic this half term. We will check in bags, go through "scanners" (made from cardboard boxes) go through passport control (me) to get our (made yesterday in school) passports checked and stamped (the school logo stamp that I use in the library books). Staff posing as cabin crew, airport security, baggage handlers etc. Letter home to parents about it, telling children to bring an overnight bag, their boarding pass (made today in class) and passport. Final sentence of letter advised parents that, as we're not REALLY going anywhere (airplane is chairs in the hall and an inflight movie on the projector screen) they still need to collect their children at 3pm. I kid you not, one parent actually rang in to ask if she had to pay for her daughter's flight to Australia and if so, how much? Australia and back in a day?!! Impressive? 😛

I suggested a bar in the "waiting room" (spare classroom) so they could all get rata**ed before their flight. Hehehe

Totally knackered now. I built a plane in the hall this afternoon! 

Highlighted

Yay, been to library, round town and to tesco.  All in the car so no aching back or hip, no sitting on benches feeling aged,  only a 50p charge for the car park.  And £41.12 spent at the garage for petrol.  I lent my Son the car with a full tank of petrol, it came back empty.......but he did apologise and ask for it be put on his "slate".  It will be,  I'm only generous to a certain point Smiley Tongue

School run tomorrow, I have to be at Daughter's for 8.30 am.  Really?  That is about the time I usually get up!  I am not a morning person (unless at Norecambe, that is different).  I think years of working 7pm to 4 or 5 am has permanently altered my body clock.

After dropping GD at school we are off to get sand for a sandpit.  Have I ever said that Daughter cleans for a local school?  They were throwing away a sand pit.  Daughter asked if she could have it, answer was yes, so a pressure wash later it's now ready for sand.

Just leaving the shed with a cream moustache, thanks Katy.  I refuse to buy strawberries and cream until Wimbledon otherwise I'd be eating them nearly every day and they wouldn't be such a treat.

Highlighted

Lots and lots of woo hoo moments going on in BenchlandSmiley Happy

FF's car is there.

JCJ's daughter's promotion and house value, fantastic news, well done her!!!

Did manage to get stuff done today, wonderful weather just now. Had a look at some holiday clothes but nothing I really wanted, did shopping, collected euros for YD, visited Mum and went to supermarket. Just took my time, no rush haha.

Have spent most of the evening on the phone, after 35mins on hold, gave up, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, will try again tomorrow. What's the point of call centres if you can't speak to anyone?? Can't find an email address either, so annoying.

No chocolate fell into my basket but strawberries and lashings and lashings of cream did, hee hee.

There maybe some left in the shed but be quick................xx

Highlighted

Wow to your YD  and her promotion!  Well done to her. And the house news is fantastic. Investment in property is still the way to go. And a £90 reduction in the mortgage is just the icing on the cake Smiley Happy

Car has just sat outside the house today until I went to work in it and it's still there now.... It's just so nice to know that I could go somewhere if I wanted to.......

School nice and clean tonight, because of my endeavours over half term and because half of the school were out on a trip.today 

Good luck on your jaunts tomorrow Katy,  don't overdo it.

Highlighted

Yay! Car back, FF. 🙂

Residential = 3 nights away at an activity centre for the Y6 kids and some poor long-suffering staff. Friday to Monday so it means they don't get a weekend! It's a great experience for the children though: for many, it's the first time they've been away from their parents overnight.

Supply teacher in today and she was good. She's coming again tomorrow so it looks like I shan't be asked to cover. Phew! Been doing a lot of running around supporting her and finding resources.

Two lots of super news from YD: she's had a promotion at work - she's now chuffed to bits to be Senior Software Developer, so she's glad she stuck with that firm and didn't accept the other job. A colleague sold her a car really cheaply, so that's solved the commute issue. She parks a mile from work so she still gets to do some walking to and fro. 🙂 

The other good news is that they've just had their house surveyed so that they can switch mortgage lender - their 2-year fixed rate has ended and the new payments will be ridiculous. It was always their plan to switch when the fixed rate ended. The survey has valued the house at 20 grand more than they paid for it, and the new mortgage payments are £90 less per month than they have been paying. Win. Win. 🙂 All that hard work redecorating and doing the garden has paid off - would have been an even better return it wasn't for the 6 foot sink hole in next door's garden! 

Highlighted

Woo hoo FF's car is home from extended holiday, hurrah!!

You will just be glad to get back to normal, even with a school run or two added inSmiley Happy

Glad your OH was better after his rest and hope you have not been bitten, ouch.

Lovely your daughter was there.

Thank you for dinner, yummy as always...........

Been superly lazy today so onto the "bad behaviour" bench for me, haha.

Had a call from YD this morning, laughed a lot on hearing her hotel's breakfast menu, she says food is horrific, believe me she wasn't exaggerating, sounds yuck!

Should have gone to supermarket today because it would have made tomorrows jaunts so much easier, oh well.............

What's residential??? xx

Highlighted

I've got my car back, yippee!Smiley Happy  And it's been washed, it's now a silver car not a brown one!

However, the sorted school run (although a friend on Tuesday) seems to be me on Wednesday and Friday!   I asked Daughter how it was sorted and she looked at me and smiled.....Ok, that's me doing the school run then, not a problem.  My turn to give her lifts.   

Son has been helping his mechanic friend with his car and the new clutch is in, gearbox put back together and just awaiting the gear linkage to be delivered and fitted.  So progress is being made.

Hope you and OH are both feeling better now JCJ.  Thank you for my lovely dinner.  Keep practising that NO word and then you'll be able to use it quite naturally. Residential?  Just NO!...... you're needed at home to look after OH!

Highlighted

Forgot to say Katy (marbles? What are they?) stomach issues cleared up on Friday, with careful eating - I probably overloaded my digestive system with too much fat. The drawback of no gallbladder. So much for the promise of being able to eat "normally"?

Highlighted

YD just set off for home. 😞 I hope she has a better journey than the one coming here; she didn't get here until after 4 yesterday due to a windscreen wiper disintegrating, a lorry driving so dangerously that she had to stop and report it and an accident which closed the A5!

Sad to see her go but looking forward to our camping trip in 8 weeks time. 🙂

Dinner was/is roast pork, roasties, roasted beetroot and parsnips, carrots, cabbage, apple sauce, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding and gravy, followed by apple strudel (supermarket frozen) and ice cream.

We went for a walk at a nearby water park this afternoon. Oh boy, oh boy it was hot! OH really struggles when it's hot so we had to hide in a bird hide for a while. He worried us by falling asleep! I was mentally wondering how we'd get him back to the car if he was seriously ill!! He seemed better after his nap, and better still after I left them on a shady bench and went and fetched the tea makings from the  car. Nothing like a mugatea and a couple of partially melted posh Jaffa cakes to restore the tissues? I was driven mad by the mosquitoes biting and was glad to get away from the water. Expected to have to apply the antihistamine cream when we got home but, so far, I'm ok.

I wasn't dreading going back to work tomorrow, apart from wondering how over excited the kids will be: their residential is Friday to Monday! However, I've just had a text from the teacher I work with. She's been ill since Wednesday and won't be in for at least the next few days. Great! 😞 They hadn't better ask me to cover the class. Or go on the residential with them. I'm practising that NNNNNo word!

Highlighted

Hope you are feeling better todayJCJ.

How long is YD with you??

FF, great savings for you, what a difference in price of JCJ's daughters hire and your price!!

Great that you can help when needed especially a car, fingers crossed (yet again) he has a new car very soon........

Did some dectective work and you were right JCJ, it would be a skin cancer. Actually found photos of 2 types which to my non medical eye look very similar to mark on leg. Also now know what he was talking about regarding veins, so if cream doesn't do anything have a rough idea what will happen. So with new knowledge am off the "feeling apprehensive" bench and onto the "it's ok" bench haha.

Quiet today, no quiet time yesterday, cooker man came and fixed seal in around two mins, just closed the door and buzzer went, it was ED and GS, we watched the torrential rain and heard the thunder, his face went funny when he heard the rumbling but after initial rumble he was fine.

Am expecting everyone apart from YD (still on hol) tomorrow.

Is dinner still happening tomorrow evening (if you are ok) JCJ?? xx 

Highlighted

So glad that the "senior moments" mints have proven sucessful Smiley Happy

The saga of Son's broken car goes on.  I want/need/have to have my car back as I can't impose on Daughter any longer, I arranged a hire car for Son from tomorrow, for a week. Told him I had done so.  Then I got a message from him to cancel it as Daughter is going to lend him her car.  School run for GD has apparently been sorted, Daughter has her hubby's van available in the evenings for the shopping and will walk to her work.  No she won't, as I obviously owe her a trip or two.  As I said before it's a family thing, and that's saved me £273 for the car hire.

Hopefully Son's car will get fixed in the next week. Two reliable mechanics have advised him to sell it as fast as he can and buy a Ford!

So that will be another story about the buying of a new car, which Bank of Mum will probably be paying for. Must say however that Bank of Mum has bought many things and every penny has been paid back. It's a good way to avoid interest!  Perhaps I should start charging a littleSmiley Tongue

Walked up to town today, no rain today thank goodness. Now have everything I need until I get the car back and can revert to my usual lazy self and drive up.

Highlighted

Sitll gto evreyhting corssed, KCT (no, sorry, going to have to stop that joke before tablet has a flight into the garden - predictive text likes to correct crossed finger typing!!) If you don't hear soon about ED's tests, get her to ring Drs - just in case they're arguing about who should tell her - or everyone is assuming someone else will? Phone calls and letters cost money you know 😛

Had a truly awful night last night. Windy stomach. Barely slept. Felt a tad fragile today so I've played it safe and stuck to cereal, honey toast and oven chips, breaded fish and tinned mushy peas instead of my usual Friday night chippy treat.  Memories of 2015! 😞 Feeling a bit better this evening though, so hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

Spent the day between the knitting/reading bench, the red tennis bench and battling with the ground elder. All above ground bits removed and some of the roots dug up. Still got loads of digging to do but YD coming tomorrow, so it won't get done until at least next weekend, by which time the pesky (there's polite?) stuff will have grown back?!

I've also managed to plant up all my tubs so when I'm sitting on my outdoor knitting/reading bench I can enjoy the pretty flahs. Or what's left after the snails have their midnight feast?! 😞

Highlighted

That news got you moving then JCJ???Smiley Happy

You really are good, especially winking at everyone hahaha.

Thank you FF and JCJ, hugs to you both.

Am thinking, well hoping doc was being a "Drama Queen", it wasn't a skin cancer but something to do with the veins underneath making this mark. Showed ED and she said "Mother why didn't you say and why didn't you show me, that's not normal" Wasn't sure if she meant me or the mark haha. Have not cried at all just had a bit of a sinking feeling.

Went into town superly early, have everything needed, hurrah, man is conimg to fix cooker seal this afternoon, then am planning to chill, do nothing whatsoever.

Thinking news will not be drastic regarding ED now as am sure she would have been contacted sooner, a relief indeed xx finger and toe crossing obviously works girls xx

Highlighted

Arriving for shoulder duty. Blart away (no, tablet, no "barf" - that's something else entirely!) Have a good cry. It's good to get all that shock out of your system. Then STOP worrying. Apply the cream. And if the worst comes to the worst, you'll have that odd bit of skin removed and be treated appropriately. My next door neighbour has had various bits of his face removed - over the 34 years we've known him. You can't tell. He's 86, has diabetes, skin cancer and a heart condition but he's fitter and cheerier than I am most of the time! 

Saw your post just as I was leaving for swimming, Katy. Then I angry swam and managed 72 lengths! Not angry at you, obviously, but at yet more worry for you. I think the lifesaver thought I was winking, repeatedly, at her because every time I swam past her (in one of those high seats like a tennis umpire), on my back, for thetlast 10 lengths or so, I managed to splash water in my eye and had to blink it out. Of course, the more self conscious I became about it, the more I splashed! Smiley Embarassed

I've got just a weeny bit over 4 miles left. ETA 9pm in 4 weeks time. According to the map on the swimfit website I shall be arriving at the Sea Life Centre. In one of the tanks??!! That'll give the visitors a surprise?! I hope there are no sharks or stingrays! Man Surprised

In my car,  before driving home, I decided to have a couple of my "Senior Moment" mints - the ones you bought us, FF. It took me nearly 5 minutes to realise I was attempting to open the tin on the wrong edge. "Senior Moment" indeed. Had those mints 10 months. Opened the tin successfully loads of times.