66362members
349743posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Sorry. Went out of contact. Hotel WiFi wouldn't work on my phone. 😞 I may have to get a new phone as there seems to be an ever increasing list of things this one won't do anymore. Grrrrr. How I loathe built in obsolescence!

We had a lovely couple of days with the girls and are now back at home. OH is unscathed by the trip and suggesting he goes with his brother next time he visits their other brother in London!! I am going to book somewhere not too far away for a week at Easter. Woohoo! 3 cheers for the neurologist and effective medication: I honestly believed, 6 months ago, that we'd never be able to go on holiday again.

GD is adorable. Poor little might has eczema everywhere and, possibly, a fungal infection on her face. Trip to docs on Monday has resulted in a multitude of creams, lotions and potions to apply. Let's hope they work. We went out to a garden centre and she was making friends with all the other people there as she stomped around the place holding YD's hands and grinning at everyone. 

How's mum, KTC?

I have a book recommendation: Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine. I read it on the train and I didn't want the journey to end because I wanted to keep reading! Had to finish it when we got home. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

What's happening?

What you doing?

Hahaha xx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes I found the chippie, woo hoo!!

Had a lovely time, food was really good, torrential rain yesterday, so had to run into restaurant, tiara was almost blown off my head............

Birthday cake in the shed.

Have a superly, wonderful time with your girls JCJ. Give that grandbaby lots of kisses, cuddles and hugs.

Do you have any plans?

Enjoy and have lots of fun xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bought an extra fish and chip supper and left it in the shed last night. Hope you found it. Tonight there is a homemade cheesy leek and mushroom pie with mash, peas and carrots. You're welcome.

Train booked for 11:51 on Monday and YD is working from home so she can meet us at the station when we arrive just after 3pm. The hotel is apparently a 7 minute car ride from the station and a similar distance from their house. So excited. 🙂

Hope you enjoyed the big birthday bash and it didn't get snowed/flooded/blown away.

Blowing a hooli here today again, with some rain but not as much as forecast. That's why I made a pie. Might as well do something productive. Wasn't going out anywhere!! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Coffee cake yum yum!! I just bought one recently and it was awful, yuck, it went in the bin.

Still on the hunt for leftovers and this is your chippie night, oh no.

Mum arrived back yesterday afternoon, we were up at hospital in the morning and I have been up to see her today. All the weight she managed to put on has disappeared and she is incredibly thin again. She was ok but superly tired so wasn't there for long. Carers said she was on good form this morning and they were very glad to see her back. Spoke to doc and said I didn't want anymore assumptions regarding C and I wanted Mum checked for anything else it could be..............it is now noted.

It's freezing, freezing cold here, my hands are like ice, have the heating on and just can't get warm at all, brrrrrrrr.

All 3 GC 's birthdays are being celebrated tomorrow, we are all going out for a meal. Am wearing a dress woo hoo, might even slip on my tiara.

Hope weather behaves JCJ, did you book somewhere fairly near?? Can't remember.

Exciting stuff, are you leaving early on Mon? xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Beef and mushroom stew and baked potatoes in the shed. Help yourself. Also coffee cake. 

Only 3 miles left of my River Anker swim. Will arrive at the point where it flows into the River Tame, in Tamworth in 3 weeks time. Yay! 

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope mum is well enough to go home today. What a scare! Good news that brain mets seem unlikely and that tumour is no bigger. Hugs.

We go to Norwich on Monday, until Wednesday. Let's hope the storm forecast for the weekend - again - doesn't cause rail disruption!  OH still seems to be OK to go but I still haven't booked the train. Not going to tempt fate. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oops forgot to ask when you are off?? xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you for dinner, think I will be hiding in shed for days to come so any scraps you have will be most welcome!

Have had a torrid few days, in the early hours of Mon morning I was called by staff at care home mum was unresponsive and had a fever ambulance was already there. Went to hospital and she was diagnosed with delirium and pneumonia. Very touch and go. Today my mum is eating, talking and looking so much better. If all is well tomorrow she can go home. There is no change in lung tumour, same as it was 18 months ago. Very doubtful that she has brain mets. So will be made clear at consultation tomorrow that it is not to be assumed that everything relates to c.... Am furious..... I said I didn't think it was mets and her symptoms were really similar to when she had delirium before grrr will have to be really forceful from now on.

It is freezing cold here, can't get warm at all though maybe down to the stress over last few days. 

So glad your pain/ache has gone. Onwards and upwards xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Roast lamb dinner in shed with a delicious (even if I do say so myself) pud to follow: my version if a Bakewell Tart which has a crisp pastry base, homemade blackcurrant jam in the middle, topped with a coconut and lemon sponge, smothered in custard. Triumphant success. Yum.

I hope Mum continues to have good days, Katy; it's good that she wanted to get her hair done. It's a difficult time for you - enjoy all the good moments you can get with her.

It's been very wet and windy here - as everywhere - but, so far at least, we seem to have escaped any real damage. I hope all Benchlanders are safe and dry. 

My weird pain has gone. I make sure I don't hold my arm in a strained position when I'm doing my cross stitch and that seems to have fixed it. I hope.

Fingers crossed for your mammo. I agree, it's good to get the check and, hopefully, reassurance. Mine is due in October and I have to say I wish it was sooner: 3 years is a long time when you've been used to having them annually - especially when the BC wouldn't have been spotted without it!

Highlighted
Community Champion

It is beautiful hereSmiley Happy xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Great news that you are booked, woo hoo!! And if OH misbehaves make it clear you will be off with or without him asap haha.

Thank you for dinner.............am hoping there maybe some leftovers for tonight??

Blood pressure drops periodically for some reason, think it was something to do with peripheral neuropathy? Has your uncomfortableness gone now? Am back to normal.

Had a call from hospital in another city about a mammo so arranged for next month. Am fine about it as would rather have one, than not.......

It's still a little hectic but will not have them both at the same time which is huge, haha.

This is GS's first full day so phoned a short while ago and he's doing fine, whew.

Mum is not great, C is spreading so am trying to prepare myself, have a consultation with doc next week. Easier said about preparing but feel very happy that we have had 18 months and fingers crossed still longer, she has had a lot to deal with over the last couple of months. Good news she wanted her hair washed yesterday and have arranged for hairdresser to visit this week. There will be good days and bad days but am very grateful xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Forgot to say, Katy, I've been watching Secret Scotland with Susan Calman. One of the episodes was in your neck of the woods. Stunning. Made me wonder why we meet in Norecambe!! 😛 (though I do know the real reason! :)) 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Of course I left a roast dinner in the shed! 😄 lamb this week with lots of veg, roasties and lashings of gravy, followed by chocolate surprise pudding (I mixed some of the left over mincemeat into the cake batter. Yum!) and chocolate sauce. In the small hours of this morning, I deeply regretted my food choices over the weekend. My stomach was screaming at me reminding me that I have no gallbladder!! 😞 I got hardly any sleep.

I hope you haven't had any more fainting fits, Katy. Could it be low BP? Or low blood sugar? Perhaps chocolate would help? Any excuse? Hehehe. 

Is your life going to be less hectic once GC settled into nursery. 

I have booked a hotel for the Norwich trip! Woohoo! On the edge of the city, about 10 minutes from station, by taxi, and about 7 minutes from the girls' house. I refused to pay the extra £50 to allow cancellation  (it already cost considerably more than Norecambe TL!!) and no sooner had I paid for it than OH has been shaky again! I delayed booking it because I didn't dare tempt fate, but he asked if I'd done it yet and my friend, who I met for coffee last week, told me she won't speak to me again if I don't go to see the girls - with our without OH! 🙂 Fingers crossed it's just a blip and we're not heading back to the pit we were in in the summer. I'm not booking the train yet!! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope you are "unpinked" now, what a fright??

Remember when I was at school and same thing happened to a friend, he was worried to bits until he spoke to his Mum................

Another busy week, on Thurs I nearly fainted, managed to lie down before I went down, haha. Half an hour later I was fine. Seem to have little spells of this, went to docs a while ago had tests etc and everything was ok.

Youngest GS had his settling in days at nursery, he cried going in but girls said he was fine once they distracted him. He starts properly next week. He also had his 12-15 month assessment all good. He is not walking yet so will have another check in 6 weeks. There are no concerns as he still has the adjustment, 7 weeks from his real age.

101 things happening tomorrow...........

It's been pouring the whole day here, grey, dismal, damp and cold, yuck.

Hope you have left some dinner in the shed JCJ xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Funny thing happened to me today. Twilight training at school so I had to go back. Just before I left to go home, I popped to the loo for a wee. Glanced down as I flushed and.... Oh no!! Distinctly pink! Panic mode instantly initiated. 8 years of Tapoxyfen finally causing gynae problems? Calmed myself down by realising the cleaners had been round - I could smell cleaning chemicals: maybe there was something in the loo? Vowed to reassess the situation at home before booking urgent doc's appointment. Fast forward to cooking dinner at home and I burst out laughing: I'd had homemade beetroot soup for lunch! Hahaha! Never noticed it before, but I bet that's the cause. Phew! Lol. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good news is you are going woo hooSmiley Happy!!

Something you didn't think would happen. Hope you can find somewhere near. When do you go? Are you off for a week?

We had SNOW today, just a little flutter but it's oh so cold.

Went up to see Mum, what a difference, feel so much happier.

Lots and lots of stuff done today, came home and put my feet up for a couple of hours, it was lovely to relax...............even watched a film I had ordered ages ago.

On the "have spoiled myself" bench, bought a coat, THAT jacket, 2 pairs of boots, (they will last for years) and 2 super cosy jumpers. They were all in the sales so have saved a fortune by spending a fortune haha.

Never do that, perhaps it's the new me?? Don't think so...............have guilt already.........

Crazy times start again tomorrow, GS has his settlement day at nursery this week, that should work out a treat, NOT, he has a little separation anxiety going on at the moment. We thought that both babies would be in on the same day but it's not to be there are no spaces left that day. Fingers crossed all goes well xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Where do the days go?

New meds do reduce shaking but don't stop it completely - there's still a bit of a tremor especially in his right hand - and stress, tiredness or hunger bring back the all over shaking, but at least that's not all the time now!

Weird boob pain seems to be nerve damage as it's in a different place some days. Not worried about it now. Hope you manage to find time to get your Lynn sorted.

OH has agreed that he can probably manage a trip to see the girls at half term but he's put a spanner in the works saying he doesn't want to stay in the city. So now I have to research to find somewhere that is accessible by train and not too far from the girls' house for a taxi ride (YD's car or otherwise!) Why does he always have to make everything so difficult?! There was me thinking I could just book somewhere we've been before, either near their house or near the station. After all, we're only going for 2 nights and we'll spend most of the time with them! Grrr! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

What a difference JCJ, you must be feeling so much better regarding OH, very good news that meds are working. Do they make any difference to shaking?

Also good about dentist, woo hoo!

The reason am thinking Lynn, arm is also now uncomfortable, will need to make an appt with Lynn person but just now it's just not feasibleSmiley Frustrated

Have just spent ages searching for birthday gift for GS, ED made a suggestion, had to do some research as there must be about 100 different kinds of the same thing so finally picked one hurrah. 3 birthdays next month as all ED's children born in Feb!

Went up to see Mum this morning, blood pressure reducing well now, she looks much better than she did but not as she was prior to all of this. She spoke fine but had a couple of vacant moments where I had to repeat myself, she then answered immediately, so not sure if she was losing focus or just didn't hear me. I asked her if she wanted to have her hair done and she said yes so was pleased about that.

It was another lovely day here, warm sunshine again, no rain for two days haha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Think mine might be Lynn in boob. Most of the time I'm not aware of it. It doesn't hurt to touch. Just feels like a dull ache inside. Can't feel any lump - other than the general lumpiness that's been there since surgery and RT. Could be bra "wire" rubbing? Most likely psychosomatic because it's THAT time of year: 8 years, almost to the day, since recall letter from mammo! I will get it checked if it gets worse/doesn't go away.

Dentist today. A new one because mine retired without warning a while ago.  I have been stressing about finding a new dentist but when I took OH last Friday for his check up with a different dentist at the same practice, I asked at reception if there was someone I could see and she told me that Mr M's client list had all been transferred to another dentist (also private and also Mr M!) I booked a check up for today because I was really worried about a black area around the bottom of one of my front teeth. I thought the tooth was going rotten and it's right next to where I had one removed years ago so I desperately don't want to lose it. I was imagining extensive, painful and expensive work to fix it. Turns out it was just staining! No work required. XRays offered but not very strenuously, so I declined. Just a quick scrape and polish and I was out of there - £56 poorer but feeling ecstatic: I was expecting it to be SO much more!! Yay! 3 cheers for new dentist (and he's good looking too! :D)

While I was in the dentist, I left OH at a nearby pub. When we met up after, he had been to the mobility shop and had been looking at scooters again!! He's so much better lately that he might just be able to manage one now.

He even managed dinner in Sainsbury's, (only a jacket potato, as they had no other hot food on tonight - typical! Grrr!) for the first time in Months, after coming nearly all the way around the shop with me!! Hurrah for being properly medicated at last! Going to suggest a half term visit to see the girls. 😄 

I'm on the K bench now. Will be in bed very soon. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

How is your niggle now?

Mine seems to have calmed down if I run my hand down the area I can feel it otherwise nothing. Do go to doc if yours is not any better asap. Am sure mine is Lynn.

It's one less worry the allotment......................

It was a lovely day here, went out for a walk with youngest GD, it even felt warm haha.

Was out yesterday for lunch, it was yummy, we have decided we are not going to go anywhere else as we all enjoy the food there. Also it saves us trying to think where next?

Started book but am super slow reading now so it maybe months before I can tell you if it's good or not haha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hmmm. The fact that you have it too makes me less worried about my niggly underarm/boob pain. I wasn't aware of it for a couple of days and then it was back, briefly. I wonder if it's a bra issue: chafing on the op scars/damaged nerves maybe? Determined not to get in a fret about it. Thinking about it makes it worse! 

Oh dear, sorry your mum was not so good again. It must be such a worry for you. I hope they're keeping her as comfortable as possible. Hugs.

I finally got all the leeks dug up on the volunteer allotment. Grabbed a chance on Wednesday - the only day it hasn't rained this week. There's a big crate of them waiting to be trimmed and washed (a job for today) before going to the food bank. I said a goodbye to the allotment as I sat in the car park with a cuppa from the flask. Hopefully, that will be it and we can hand the key back. Trying to stop OH stressing about what happens to the place now. It is out of our hands. He's done his bit! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh my goodness, couldn't believe what I was reading.................

Have exactly the same!! Can't tell where it is either? But roughly same area you are describing, I was thinking something to do with Lynn? It's niggly and have been aware of it for a few days, have taken paracetamol.

Went up next day to see Mum and she was looking really awful.

Have a very grumpy GS sitting on my knee, he has the cold, it's a distraction for me at least, no time to think Smiley Sadxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope mum is still improving. Good to hear that she was chatty despite all the panic. 

Really windy and rainy here again today. Yukky. Took OH to local town so I could drop off some off the school's rejected books at the charity bookshop and he could get out of the house. Left him in the library but didn't feel like shopping: no money and nothing I really needed, and the weather was definitely too c*** to get the leeks in from the allotment, so I sat in the car for a bit and then went for a cuppa.

I'm trying very hard to stay off the paranoia bench. I've got an odd pain in my mutilated side. I couldn't actually say if it's in the breast or underarm. When I'm being rational I can attribute it to having spent a lot of time doing cross stitch for the first time in years (OH bought me a kit for a lovely owl picture for Christmas 2018 and I've finally got around to starting it!), sitting in the same position holding the embroidery hoop has probably caused a strained muscle or something. I'm going to give it the 2 week rule and try not to "What if?" After all, when I had the BC it wasn't painful - until they started dx and treatment - so this probably isn't anything to worry about. 🤞🏼

Highlighted
Community Champion

Phone call early morning, stating Mum's blood pressure had rocketed again and emergency doc phoned.

Arrived at same time as doc, he did a thorough check, no sepsis or tia, vital signs good, responding well etc. She has been given a high dosage of blood pressure tabs and pressure has been lowering steadily throughout the day, whew. She chatted really well with me and ate her breakfast, drank a tea and 2 juices while I was there. After a couple of hours she started to look tired so said I would leave her to rest. Will be up tomorrow, own doc to come tomorrow too. She actually looked surprisingly good for all that's going on.

By the time I arrived back home my head was thumping, taken tab and all good now, hurrah.

It's very cold here, brrrrrrrrrrrr was raining but cleared up and sun was shining at one point.

Not started book yet xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Bought it, will let you know haha. Popped into town through gale force winds and rain and came across it in charity shop, same price as yours or maybe yours to be?

Hope you have just hung around the "CBA" bench, isn't it funny when you look back and think how did I manage that? You just doSmiley Happy/Smiley Frustrated

A urine infection for Mum, she has antibiotics now, more blood tests next week cause they were all over the place. Had a call last night because her blood pressure was very high, call back saying she was stable and all ok but they would have doc come out to check. She is oh so tired so will leave it a couple of days till she feels well enough for visitors, antibiotics should work quickly fingers crossed. Feel awful for not going up today but it's pointless, let her rest, I keep telling myselfSmiley Sad If there was anything untoward I would be called asap.

Lido after effects lasted all last week, mind was willing but body wasn't haha.

Oh and almost forgot, coveted jacket arrived today at sale price (no longer in sale) ordered black and was horrified cause I thought it looked navy??? It's not whew.............xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope the lido effect has settled down now and that your mum can be helped to feel better. 

I looked on "big river" ebook (light a fire) site for that book. It's only £2.99 at the moment. Oooh! Bargain! I was about to buy it but the first review I read said that, although the book was well written etc etc, none of the characters were in any way likeable and the reader wished them ALL dead. I don't like reading books where I can't empathise with at least some of the characters. I didn't buy it. Yet.

Soooo tired after the first week back. And I only work mornings! How on earth did I manage to work full time including teaching whole classes at least half of every day?!

I had to cover for the class teacher on Thursday morning for an hour and a half and all Friday morning. I had another TA in to help me - I refuse to do it by myself after the way I was forced to demote myself (proven now to be all about money and nothing to do with my ability: the number of times I've been told, "You'll do a better job than a supply teacher." subtext: you're cheaper than a supply teacher. Grrr) It went OK and I enjoyed it but I'd forgotten just how exhausting it is.

I was so tired last night that I forgot the tea bag for my cuppa in the car while OH swims. Luckily, I had a stash in the glove compartment from last time I forgot and had to buy some from the garage! Otherwise there would have been a full on tantrum! 

CBA bench for me this morning. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Fingers crossed indeed!

You never feel as though you should be up and about when it's pitch black in the morning, never mind, next year at this time you won't be bothered what it's like??  hurrah.

Still not great, awake most of last night, def the lido, have had it before a long time ago, still worth it though.

Mum not great either she has lost substantial amount of weight in the last fortnight, bloods were taken yesterday, dietician in the meantime, I said it reminded me of when she had the delirium but because of the other diagnosis she has had, no one is sure till tests come back. Meeting on Monday.

Also broke my glasses today, grrrrrrrrrr.

Book has good reviews, Lucy Foley xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Probably the lido, KTC, or you're fighting off the lurgs? It seems a lot of people around here have had a chest infection over Christmas. Glad we escaped that. So far! Rest and recover and don't stress about what you aren't doing!

Who is the author of the hunting party? Haven't read it, I don't think. What genre is it?

Getting up at dark o'clock has been a struggle, (and going to bed at a reasonable time so that I can get up!) but it's been nice to see everyone at school. OH was back in dithery jittery mode since the middle of last week - no doubt related to me returning to work - but he seems a bit calmer today. Fingers crossed. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

On the "completely washed out" bench, was supposed to be going up to see Mum, no way I can manageSmiley Frustrated

Don't feel ill just weird..............maybe that's normal haha.

Pouring with rain here and oh so cold brrrrrr.

Have you read the hunting party JCJ?? xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Glad you managed to get meds sorted what a palaver.... 

Hope school was fine. 

Had my lido today and am wiped out, see you tomorrow x

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

All meds successfully received! For now. Until the next time? I walked into chemist, yesterday, in my muddy walking boots, for the third time in a week, and woman behind the counter said, "prescription for A***?" 🙂

Just taken all the Christmas cards down and sorted them for recycling into making cards next year/shopping lists/recycling bin. Now having the last 2 mince pies (as I've said before: they're wee small) Christmas is over. 😞 Tree and other decs down tomorrow and back to the grindstone on Monday. Not quite so onerous now I'm only part time tho'. 🙂

Still plenty of Christmas cake left.  We'll cling on to the vestiges of the festive season for a bit longer. 

Put all the dates, birthdays etc on the calendar for next year (don't tell YD. She told me not to buy one because she has a special one on order which didn't arrive in time for Christmas - I'd already bought one as it was lovely. And cheap! I'll just use both!) Got to September and went to look up the term dates. Realised I didn't need to!! That was weird and a tad scary!! If OH is up to it, I might book a holiday for that 1st week of term. 

Hope you get THE jacket, at the right price, and that you still love it as much when it arrives. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

A belated but Happy New YearSmiley Happy, 2020 can you believe it??

Was quiet here. New Years Day went up to see Mum and she was not good at all, seemingly she is barely eating or drinking, had words with her which was difficult as she kept nodding off...........spoke to nurse and she said they were keeping a strict eye on her, she did eat and drink today but doc is coming out tomorrow.

Cousin's daughter was up today and she was a little chirpier.

Went down to ED's afterwards and GS was a little overwhelmed with her brood haha, a lot of tears later he calmed down and played.

Today I have been at home as it has been pouring down, yuck, no change then??

YD picked up GS earlier, her eye is all swollen, thinks it was an allergy to some new make up.

Phoned company I had ordered jacket from, told them the story, was still fuming.........so when new stock comes back in I will receive jacket at sale price, woo hoo, so fingers crossed some day it will be mine haha.

Oh my goodness JCJ, that's pathetic as if you have nothing else to do than hang around for meds.......the chemist we used to go to was like that, they never had stock in or something was wrong with prescription blah blah, stopped going there and new chemist which I have been going to for years now seems to get it right 99% of time whereas old one was 99% wrong most of the time, used to drive me crazy.

Glad things seem to be working for OH.

What was the woman thinking?? grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, some people?? xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Managed to get the "unobtainable" Co-CD tablets from the other branch of same (Welsh sounding) chemist in our village (as opposed to the one next to surgery in neighbouring village!) Phew!! That saved a schlep all around the chemists in the area. So relieved. However, it took some to-ing and fro-ing to get the new prescription because the ****** Dr's sent it straight to chemist instead of keeping it for me: the chemist that can't get the stuff! Went to chemist. Told them not to bother to fill that prescription with the "wrong" drug and checked to see if other repeat stuff was ready. Yes. Given one med but told I'd have to wait 20 mins or so for the other as the order had just arrived and they hadn't unpacked it yet. OK. Went off for another little walk - way too hot to wait in chemist with my winter layers on! - Went back after 20 mins. Handed other meds. Wait up! It's a tiny package! Not a month's worth of 4 tabs a day!! Opened up the bag and Dr had sent a prescription for 3 a day for 2 weeks. Arrghh!! It's the new meds (that I get confused with Rohipnol! Lol) It was 1 tablet for 2 weeks then 2 tabs for 2 weeks, 3 tabs for 2 weeks then 4 tabs thereafter. The stupid ***s had only looked at part of the instructions! Back I go to Dr's to sort it out. Grrrrr. New prescription should be ready Thursday afternoon.

Went to S*******y's this afternoon for 3-weekly shop. OH walked all round the store! Can't remember the last time he did that! Worth the hassle to get the tablets! 😄 I sent him to sit in foyer while I went to checkout though as he'd had enough by then (and I didn't want him getting in the way! :p) While I was loading up the checkout conveyor belt, an old biddy started putting her stuff on the end even though I still had more than half a trolley full. What the...?! There wasn't room for my stuff so the checkout girl had to start scanning it before I was ready and even then I had to hand things straight to her.

Tried to pop next door to Wilco's. Walked up to automatic doors and only just stopped in time to avoid smacking my face on the glass. All the lights were on but it was closed! At 4pm! Felt such an idiot as I confusedly tried to get the doors to open. Felt better when I saw several other people do exactly the same thing tho'! 😄

All these people determined to p*** me off today and I didn't swear at a single one of them! (Polishes halo) However, the freezer got the full force of my wrath and blue language when I was struggling to fit everything in! The New Year's fireworks sparklers might be spelling some choice words too.

Happy and healthy 2020 everyone! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Am soooooooo glad OH is brighter and betterSmiley Happy and hope you managed to sort out meds. It's very annoying when all you think you have to do is pick them up, grrrrrrrr!

Am on the "FF" bench, remember I said the jacket I coveted and finally purchased, and was all excited and happy, WELL, have just been refunded grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Have had no contact from this reputable store, whatsoever and was anticipating jackets arrival today..............grrrrSmiley Mad, obviously it's not meant to be........

Have GS till early Fri morning he's actually no bother (famous last words), he just had a bath a short while ago and didn't stop splashing from the minute he jumped in until he had to get out, very funny.

YD has never been a Christmas girl but has always loved New Year. With me staying at home it means we can go up and see Mum tomorrow, was a bit worried about that because it's a bit of a tradition.

Dismantled the tree yesterday, it's over haha, took it down early because there was glitter and strand things constantly all over the floor, was driving me crazy, strand things now in the bin, hurrah, something different for next year methinks xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ooh er! I hope the babysitting is going OK and that YD is not too stressed out (or you!) My YD & DIL were bad enough leaving GD for just a few hours! How long have you got him for?

OH still not too bad, but the tremors have come back again just after I commented, on Saturday, how well the New meds were working! He's managing to swim better, walk a little bit further and is generally less miserable, so I've got everything crossed we might make it to Norwich in Feb half-term. 

Just walked up across the fields to Dr's surgery. Beautiful blue sky and sunny day, if a tad muddy underfoot, made me feel so much better. Then I had the hassle of chasing OH's meds. Chemist can't get the particular, generic, version of one of his tablets. The one they have doesn't work! Noooo! I had to go back into surgery and get another prescription printed so I can troll around the chemists to see if any one can get it. If not......!!!!! So much for the stress free moment?!

On the plus side: I don't need to see Dr for meds review. Receptionist said they can't review meds prescribed by someone else. I said "I know!" she checked and my records had been updated when I spoke to receptionist (nurse?) on phone when they rang me at school. Review now due in June - but they won't do that one either! 🙂

Hey ho. It's off hunting Co-Careldopa (aforementioned PD meds) we go!! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Still all go here... 

Went out last night for a meal and it was very mediocre so we won't be returning. Am hoping they send me a feedback form haha edible but not anything special. Reasonably quiet today. YD is returning home tomorrow minus GS, was meant to be going back with her but it will make my life so much easier if I can stay here. Her anxiety levels are huge as it will be the first time he has been left. 

Just hoping she can relax and have some fun. 

Hoping your OH is still doing well xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

So happy for you JCJ, joy and fun this year!!

We had a great time, ate lots..........still have half a cow left in the fridge.

YD and GS didn't make it down for dinner but managed to appear after everyone else had left haha.

GS has a stomach bug and is super tetchy at the moment as well as having an exploding bottom!

Managed to buy myself a jacket that I have coveted for a long time, reduced in the sale, woo hoo.

Pouring with rain here, yuck, will wait till YD finishes work before I venture out. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

They've gone. 😞 GD has lived up to her nickname of "Ratbag" this morning: been squawking in frustration and generally unamused by everything. I hope she sleeps for most of their 4 hour car journey home!! 

It's been lovely to see them all and OH has enjoyed it too. Best Christmas we've had in a very long time. I'm sad to see them go but I'm not on the CSL Bench this time.

GD really enjoyed her presents from us and looked lovely in her new purple hat and jumper, which I knitted, although it made her too hot! 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope everyone visiting  Benchland is having a lovely Christmas. We are. GD is adorable, walking everywhere around the house as long as an adult holds her hands. She's very vocal: squealing in delight and/or frustration (not always possible to tell the difference if you can't see her eyes!) She LOVES turkey; hoovering it up like there's no tomorrow! 😄

OH has managed really well and it's been a lovely couple of days. I may pay the price later in the week but it's been worth it! We even managed a walk in the local park together, this afternoon - the girls pushed the pram there and I drove OH in the car. YD and DIL played on the playground equipment much to GD's bemusement. 🙂

Just helped to bath GD and will make some turkey rolls, hot mince pies with brandy butter and/or fresh fruit salad as soon as they have got her settled. Nom. Nom. Best bit. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Merry Christmas woo hoo x 

Have a lull before the storm haha!

Am quite excited..... 

Hopefully you are well and enjoying your girls, have a wonderful day. 

It's seemingly a new thing review all meds? Silly when it's only one and it comes from oncology?

Hope car is all lit up now xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Feeling a bit weird today. Slightly light headed. It feels as if I'm mildly drunk or on a moving ship. I hope it's because I'm tired after a bad night last night (knew I shouldn't have had those chips but OH wanted to take a pressie to the eat-in chippy staff!) I really don't have time to be ill!

Had to call at the garage on my way home from work to get a headlight bulb on my car replaced. Scary drive home in the dark yesterday as I couldn't really see where I was going!! Glad I didn't try to do it myself because the garage discovered 2 (of 3) brake lights out as well - one of which I'm sure was done for the MOT back in October!

Before I left school, though, I got a call on my mobile. Couldn't get to it quick enough, but assumed it was OH in a panic or something. Looked at number. Recognised it as our Dr's surgery!! WHAT?! Still thinking it was something to do with OH. Rang them back, in a panic, and when I eventually got through they told me I needed a review on my medication. Only taking Tapoxyfen and that's prescribed by onc. Told receptionist that but she said Dr still needs to see me "to check the medicine is working". How will he know that? Going to give me a CT scan? Mammogram? Can't believe I've got to waste already overworked Dr's - and my - time in order to continue to get the da*n things that I've been told to take for 10 years! Grrr. As if I'm not already in that surgery too much chasing OH's prescriptions! Grrrr! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

On the positive side, they are done, woo hoo!

And in next few years a little helper will be there haha, that should be fun...........flour etc everywhere.

Am on the "decluttered and happy" bench managed to sort lots of stuff out this morning, shredded papers, written a letter that should have been done weeks ago, sorted paperwork out for YD in a folder ready to go, wrapped all christmas presents, shopping list prepared and lastly house looks sooooooooooo tidy!

Last one will only last a couple of days but am smiling just now, don't look in any cupboards though.........

Will have to go and lie down asap haha.

Am off for a Xmas lunch tomorrow then in the evening going to see eldest GD in her school play, she said it finishes around 10pm, what??? Late night for moi.............xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

It would have been twice in one week - ALWAYS go on a Friday - but in the end, the sound of the rain lashing against the windows made me stay in the warm and cook sausage, egg and chips.

This afternoon, I have made 5 dozen mince pies. By myself. It seemed such a faff without my team mate! OH offered to help but I managed to dodge that bullet! It would have taken so much longer to explain what he had to do and wait while he did it! Took him to the pub and left him there for a couple of hours instead. 😄 Because I was rushing, I rolled the pastry a bit thicker and ran out so the last 4 pies had tiny misshapen lids. Have to eat them immediately. Shame? 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Never mastered crocheting either, can knit well but can't sew together so pointless really haha. Did have an urge a short time ago to start again but arthur bothers my fingers so not sure if it's worth the effort!!

Did see those enormous knitting needles and wool, wow you would finish a carpet in a couple of hours hee hee.

Glad your shop went kinda well JCJ and good that OH sees the benefits of the chair. Isn't it funny my worst nightmare would be the chair and his is the chariot.

Hope you did go to chippie, would/will that be twice in the same week??

Both small GC tomorrow, both going in different directions at the same time so have to have eyes in the back of my head, good thing is YD starts late, finishes late but will be able to help.

GS will start after New Year in nursery.

Wild wet and windy here am fed up of it already haha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

I've never learnt to crochet - other than a simple chain, but knitting is my therapy. I've been able to knit for years, but I don't really like knitting adult sized things because I get bored. And we don't like wearing hand knit stuff anyway, as bought knitwear is finer and more practical. When I was off work with BC, my OH bought a book back from the library that had patterns for knitted pets, including an adorable rat. (We have had pet rats; they were wonderful!❤️) Since then (nearly 8 years), I've never been without a knitting project and I've collected other books with animal patterns. YD bought me the Teddy bear pattern booklet for Christmas a couple of years ago. I love creating cute animals. They make me smile. Just can't keep them all. Already have 100s of bears!

Just done the last Sainsbury's shop (other supermarkets....) before  Christmas. OH insisted on coming. He used his wheelchair so he could use it as a walker and sit in it when he got tired. Brilliant. But why did he choose today, when I had a massive shop to do - should have done it last week but wanted to leave it  closer to the big day - and I wanted to get done before the rush hour? Traffic round there is hideous at this time of year, and the weather is horrible: wet and really windy. Soooo pleased he wanted to use it and he's happy it worked, but I'm absolutely shattered now. Shopping took 3x as long and then I had to dismantle the chair and get it in the car, in the wind and rain, as well as a ton of shopping.

Just finished putting it all away (hiding the Christmas treats!) and I'm now contemplating whether cooking a quick risotto or maybe egg and chips will require less effort than walking 1/2 mile to the chippy. Don't want to get the car out again because there are roadworks at the end of our road and the traffic light takes FOREVER! Mmmm chippies. Is it worth it?Stays firmly rooted to Kn***ered Bench! 🙂 

Highlighted

Oh these are gorgeous🙂🐻

Highlighted

I learnt to crochet 3 y3ars before my diagnosis, but i can honestly say that crochet is my happy place & is my 'therapy'. I like to read but i cant read for long periods whereas with my crochet I just get lost in it & it's like meditation for me xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Aaah they are really cuteSmiley Happy, hope selling goes well.

Have still not thawed out, it was just awful pouring with rain and gale force winds brrrrrrrrr, this morning sunshine??? Came back to my city and it was freezing here, yuck.

Managed to get some shopping hurrah then am off to bed asap, another week of crazy, when will it calm down?? never methinks haha.

Now everyone is coughing, we are obviously a healthy bunch...........xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

WinnieWinnie

ColwynColwyn