66424members
350032posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Do you know how to change from first page to last?? can't remember how to do it.

Annoying to have to scroll down and then have to click to last page to see post or reply xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hee Hee😀

It's all about the food just now haha, did have a takeaway and it was really, really good yum yum.

Oh you will miss that chippie JCJ.................and your walk.

Have completed all the "I'll do that later jobs"  and am pondering the "should I really do the bigger disruption jobs" that's cupboards fridge etc and have decided NO, haha. It's too much.........

Not that hot here, in fact it's pretty chilly at least it's not raining.

Had a chat with eldest GS yesterday that lasted a long, long, time, he asked me innocently at one point why my skin was so bumpy and wrinkly, out of the mouths of babes😁😂 xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

PS so busy thinking about food I forgot the main reason for replying to yours, Katy: weehoo! "Normal"! Hurrah! 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Shepherd's pie last night, Katy, but no chippies tonight. Our chippy is now closed until further notice. Boohoo! There are 2 other takeaways in the village that are still open, delivery only, but they are both desperate for delivery drivers so I daren't order from them in case we have to wait hours. OH can't wait for meals or his symptoms get 10x worse. Don't really want Indian or Chinese anyway. We have some chippy chips in the freezer, saved from a previous visit, so he can have them with a breaded fish. I'll make some more (TWICE in one week?!! :() and maybe some eggs for me. I so enjoyed not having to cook on Fridays. OH has offered, but....... 😛 I'm wishing now that I replaced the oven chips when we eventually finished them. 

DIL did the fox display for today. I laughed out loud when YD sent me the pic:

IMG_20200403_164959.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

haha JCJ, laughed and laughed over the knife.............War of the Roses???

Yes you showed your daughter all about teaching and the aftermath, know you like a swift half, a pint or bucket?

Have good news I am "normal", I knew it..........

It was a pasta dish, I have made hundreds and hundreds of times, will take a long time before I can munch that again.

Am pondering whether to order a takeaway? cause I know it's chippie shed night, am truly grateful for all the tasty bits😃

Was chatting to shopkeeper yesterday, safe distance etc. He was telling me that at the start of all of this regarding the toilet rolls in two well known supermarkets here, people were fighting over them and the police had to be called, WHAT???? Disbelief or what?

Family have been chatting a lot, YD says what have you been up to today? Am like nothing really, me neither says she, makes me laugh..........on the other hand ED could and would chat ALL day, every day haha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

What was you yucky tea, Katy? I put bangers and mash and cauliflower cheese in the shed last night. Hope you found it. Breaded fish and homemade chips tonight - to treat OH, I hate using the chip pan!!

Glad you got to see GD and found loo rolls. I've not even tried to buy any because we had a 9 pack at the start of all this and they usually last more than 3 weeks!

YD's fox was dressed as a teacher yesterday, with a black 'gown', blackboard, pointer and several teddy pupils. By the evening, this was replaced by Fernando Fox standing by a pile of empty beer cans with one under his arm. After one day of teaching. Hahaha. You can tell YD was brought up in a teaching household! 🙂

Had to exercise restraint (and let's face it, I get little else in the way of exercise at the moment!) tonight because OH was licking his knife 'clean' and putting it in the sauce bottle! I wanted to snatch it off him and stab him with it Smiley Mad It irritates the **** out of me at the best of times, but in a global pandemic?!!!

I cleaned my Blue glass collection yesterday, the windowsill they sit on and the window. Nearly took the net curtain down to wash it but thought: no, pace yourself! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hee Hee, foxy x

Aaaah no teeth, poor thing, ageing comes to us all........

Firelighters? We have them here.

Was chatting to ED yesterday and she said if I found any toilet rolls could I please buy them for her, said ok but wasn't hopeful. Popped over to supermarket at 8 am this morning, stood in queue which was long but we moved pretty rapidly so in no time at all was in. Checked for TR they did have some but price was extortionate, thought I am not paying that??? Did rest of small shopping, they had everything I needed. Went to another local shop and found 18 TR, moderately priced woo hoo! They literally must have just been delivered. Phoned ED everyone happy! So this afternoon saw GS through open window, was lovely.

Was hanging around shed last night because my tea was yuck, was hoping for anything, haha. Had to take stomach pills and drink lots of hot water, yucketty yuck.

Have an old oil lamp which was looking very dingy, cleaned it today and it's sparkling, the things you do to pass the hours haha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fox of the day

IMG_20200330_225515.jpg

😄

Highlighted
Community Champion

Perhaps even longer, 6 months....................hopefully daughter's imagination can run and run hee hee.

Duck? honestly don't think I have ever eaten, perhaps you can have it monthly? As a treat.

All quiet here, cleaned the windows this morning and washed down the doors, kinda half hearted though haha.

No mysterious letters today.

Mum is doing well at the moment, she seems to be brighter in the morning and wanes as the afternoon goes on. Carer tried to get her to chat with me on phone today, she had it on loudspeaker so think Mum couldn't figure out where the voice was coming from..........at least I know she is doing fine. xx

Highlighted

ASBO Boy can't have his bath yet - been at the vet hospital all day, 2 very rotten teeth removed!! Now he has no front teeth, and his tongue pokes out...... he is now dozing in front of the fire after a special dinner of finely sliced rump steak. I had potatoes fried in the steak fat and some salad. I think I got the plates mixed up....

He is nearly 15, so I'm not complaining.

Our shops are doing VERY well, one out one in, but there has been a run on FIRELIGHTERS. Must be everyone stopping at home and keeping cosy.

Keep well

Love

Grumpy

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Good grief, Katy, the NHS need to stop scaring you like that!!

I don't know what DAY it is never mind what time!

Dinner is roast duck leg in a homemade port gravy. It was all the "chicken shed" had meat-wise and I'd never had it before. It was delicious. Although quite expensive, I'm going to buy it again, for a treat, when/if things return to 'normal'. There's some in the shed, along with all the usual Sunday Dinner accompaniments, and some apple sponge and custard. Enjoy.

YD has been dressing up their ornamental fox and putting him in the window to amuse passing children. Day 1: GD's sunglasses and a hat. Day 2 (a bit chillier) GD's yellow coat Day 3: Apron and chef's hat Day 4: see picture below. YD says she's probably getting more amusement than anybody and that, if we've got 12 weeks of this, she's probably peaked too soon. Hehehe.

IMG-20200329-WA0003.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Second that.........good luck grumpy😄

Fish and chips were excellent, ours are shut but some places are delivering, will just have to rely on you if I fancy one.

Actually managed to work out your cryptic clues with great speed, either my mind is improving or they were super easy, it's a first anyway hee hee.

Do you know what time it is???

Thick letter arrives from hospital yesterday, couldn't believe it. Opened again with trembling fingers, advice from pain place! Enough now please.

Did my shopping on fri so can now wait until end of next week, shelves were a little fuller but still no toilet roll or kitchen roll.....

Oh am not reading a John Grisham book at all...............what a twit.............away to have a little search for the marbles must be somewhere? xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd dearly love to be a "fly on the wall" when you clip the asbo, grumpy. Good luck with that! 😄

Stay safe xx

Highlighted

Joey is due to be an Uncle again - Meg and Hank had a lovely time..... and Meg is now eating fit to burst!!!

Joey will need bath and a clip soon, oh b####r, I'll have to do it. The bath bit is OK, it's the scissors and wriggling terrier combination that fills me with horror.

Keep well, love to all

Grumpy

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fish supper in the shed, Katytc, also turkey & chorizo chilli noodles from tonight.

Those chippies last night tasted amazing, as I had thought we wouldn't be able to have them, and also there was a seasoning of guilt because it didn't feel like a strictly essential reason to leave the house! 😋

This morning was cloudy so I grabbed the chance to defrost the freezer, piling the drawers up under a heap of coats in the porch, partly because it's been desperately needing it, but also to establish what was in there. I'm glad I did because I went shopping this afternoon to a largish supermarket (not a home for hens or chickens!) in our nearest town and they still had very little meat. Or flour. Or dried fruit. But I got most of the things on my list and I've got lots of potential meals in the freezer so we'll be fine for a while. 

I was so excited at the prospect of going out - into the world, not just the village! Never before has a supermarket trip seemed so thrilling. However, when we got there, I immediately wished I was safe at home! Staff were letting people in, 1 at a time as someone left, but it still felt like there were too many people in the store and it was difficult to keep away from shelf stackers and customers. I'm glad OH decided to stay in the car. Quick nip to chemist (sounds like they deal in "brilliant narcotics" ) for OH's hay-fever meds and my calcium. A member of staff sprayed my hands with gel (? or possibly just soap 😁) when I went into the store and again when I came out. Made me feel so much safer (even if it was possibly useless!) I felt like I wanted to get in the shower fully dressed when I got home. That's my exposure to people done for a few days at least.

OH puffing and wheezing with his hayfever(?) and making me anxious. He doesn't stand a chance if he gets this virus. 😳

The clocks go on tonight - according to my calendar - not that it makes much difference when we're staying at home, but it's weird that I've heard absolutely nothing about it. Do they go on? 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you yummy, yum and chippie tonight?? Woo hoo.

Glad your girls are fine😀

That's the thing you have no idea unless it's the obvious bad symptoms..........

Went out today, both places I went to had no queues, hurrah, as I was returning home realised I had forgotten 3 things not on my post it, grrrrrr, thought I will pop over to nearby supermarket, well...........the queue was around the whole car park, WHAT?? Swiftly turned chariot around and went to another shop no one there, have my three things hurrah.

Phone call yesterday "hello is that katytc" yes says me, nurse from hospital, heart stops, cancelling another appt, honestly what a fright. Should not have anything else now and am feeling fine because I would have heard if anything was wrong by now whew!

Youngest GD has taken her first steps, hurrah, GS has not, what's he like? 

We are video calling constantly so it's lovely.

Had a lot of jigsaws gifts and ones I had also purchased, must have been around 12, have only three left, shows how much time I have had to myself haha. 

Also am reading a John Grisham I found whilst clearing out the book shelves.

Had been recommended a cleaning product and cleaned my oven, wowee, it's sparkling, no toxic substances at all and it cleaned off very quickly, was well impressed. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

PS pasta bolognese in the shed. And carrot cake. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

DIL was never really ill, just an annoying cough. No-one knows if was actually THE virus or not, they just self-isolated to avoid spreading it if it was.

I was wondering if your lido would still happen. I assume it's cancelled due to the current situation, not permanently? It is probably safer to steer clear of hospitals, if at all possible, at the moment anyway? Fingers crossed you get another appointment when lock down is over, and that you don't suffer too much in the meantime.

I spent most of the morning reading in the garden in beautiful sunshine. Really enjoying the book: "Digging In - A Novel" by Loretta Nyhan (one of my Kindle bargains!) It's easy to read with likeable characters, even if it is a tad predictable! I'm still feeling guilty for sitting on my... er... behind.. at home, enjoying my leisure, while I'm being paid and so many people are working so hard or losing their livelihoods.....heave! Splash! More alligator food. I just keep telling myself I'm doing my bit for the nation! 

Saw 2 neighbours - both elderly - having a shouted conversation across the road today. And another one having her shopping delivered, into her porch, by her son who then had a chat with her through the window. 😁

We went for a little walk up the lane this afternoon, OH's even littler than mine, and saw so many people (all keeping a safe distance apart) who I'd never normally see out walking. 

Cheered myself up immensely this morning when I discovered the chippy is still open and we are still allowed to get takeaway! Hurrah! I had just been contemplating Friday night without chippies and it wasn't a happy thought! Apparently, fetching chips counts as an essential reason to leave the house 😄

OH's hay-fever is starting, so he keeps coughing (also an occasional problem with PD) and every time I think, "Oh no!..." and then come to my senses. 

Take care everyone. Stay safe. 

Community Champion

thank you yummy yum!

Glad your girls now have all supplies, woo hoo, are they now all well?

Just finished a video call, the three of us all there at the same time and all the GC haha. Ended up it was just me and ED cause we can talk for hours hee hee.

Well, had the fright of my life, postman delivered a letter, turned it over NHS, mmmm thought I have all my appts, then stomach dropped my mammo, oh no.............opened with trembling hands............nothing to do with mammo, it was cancellation of my lido. Whew, one way and sadness the other way. 

Did a little ironing today and faffed around, leisurely or what?

Hope you are all well and safe xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sausage and bacon casserole in the shed along with some mushroom and leek  risotto from last night. 

Shock news from the government last night, but it won't make that much difference to us: we were already being good and social distancing (although I was probably going into the local shops too often). Luckily the weather has been gorgeous and we are fortunate to have a garden so it's not been too much of a hardship to stay at home.

YD had a long awaited T****o delivery today - booked over a week ago. She was expecting "4 radishes and a bunch of daffodils" but was pleasantly surprised to receive everything she ordered, including loo rolls, or very sensible substitutions. Hurrah! That's a relief for her. They hadn't come out of 2 weeks self isolation before the lock down was announced so she was panicking somewhat. 

It inspired me to have a go at doing a S*******y's shop online, but it's years since we had a delivery and they don't recognise my email. New customers are not being accepted at the moment. OH has an account with A**a because he orders food for the food bank every month or so. Perhaps I'll try them. Or maybe I'll just use the local shops once a week. I'm so discombobulated. Can't make any decisions! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh no!!

Throw away the guilt over the bridge, don't want you eaten by the alligators..........nom nom

Hopefully you haven't been eaten so you can supply fab food into the shed.

Left early this morning, had to send YD's meds as she won't be down.

ED is not in either and her children are all at home today, she won't know what she is up to until later in the week.

Am also now "in" until further notice. Practiced social distancing and scrubbed hands when I returned home.

Worrying times...............

That means no need for "GUILT" shouting out loud to JCJ xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Stand back! There'll be a big splash and a stampede (??) of alligators: I've got a massive load of guilt to chuck into the lake. I'm sat here, in my dressing gown, colouring in pictures on my tablet while 3 of my colleagues are in school with children of key workers. Also, so many people are losing their jobs and their livelihoods, while I'm being paid to do nothing. I can do without the GUILT on top of all the worry. It's not my fault. I keep trying to tell myself that it makes up for all those times when I definitely wasn't paid enough for what I did, but I'm not listening.

Here we go........  SPLASH!!!

Glad you won't be inundated with GC to look after, Katy. You stay safe. Hoping all other Benchlanders are staying safe and well. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is unable to be with their offspring today - and all those who will be seeing FAR too much of their offspring in the coming weeks!! ❤️

Day 2 (only day 2??!) of indefinite self-isolation and it seems we're going to have to establish some ground rules. Here's 1) for starters: You can't have a radio on in EVERY room, just the one you're in, if you must. Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Community Champion

Had my hair appt this morning, was a little early so went into bakers, as I am standing in the queue I spot other customers with toilet roll, WHAT??? Ran to nearest supermarket and it was there, bought a pack then went to hairdressers. Came out and went to chemist, you had to stand outside as only one person was allowed in at a time, after a lengthy wait, have tabs, hurrah. Went back into supermarket to pick up small odds and ends and checked, no toilet roll in sight......................

Our libraries and swimming/leisure centre are all closed. 

ED has been pronounced a key worker so children will now be at school on Mon,

YD may not be working as store could be closed, that's a wait and see.

So confusing.

It tires your brain haha.

Lovely sunny day here but feeling very cold, brrrrrrrrrr. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

At YD's suggestion, I did the shopping today. Or tried to. YD said she regretted not being more prepared before they were suddenly quarantined. I have never had such a depressing supermarket experience. So many empty shelves and a constant recorded message saying customers were limited to 3 of any particular item, or 2 if it was toilet rolls, soap or UHT milk. There were NONE of any of those available anyway. Plenty of fresh milk and yoghurt, so it proves it's greedy, selfish, stockpiling customers. I couldn't get half of what was on my list, yet still spent over £100 somehow.

After an emotional morning at school - the children are understandably worried and Y6 don't know if tomorrow will be their last day - I was close to needing the CSL bench in the middle of the store!

Came home and ranted at OH and he was all for phoning the manager of the supermarket to complain because "we've been customers for years" . Jeez! I'm going to be stuck at home with this man for months!

He's not taking the virus danger seriously. He went to his library session in a taxi, as normal. I had to insist he washed his hands when I brought him home. He wouldn't have bothered!

I've checked online and apparently it's safe to swim because the chlorine kills the virus, but there's still a risk with the other people in the changing rooms etc. If there is only 2 of us like last week it will be fine, but I think I'll go for a walk instead. OH will probably go to his swimming tomorrow, but then he can't go for a walk instead.

Difficult decisions to make all the time.

Macdonalds (other cra**y burger joints are available) carpark was packed. Not the drive thru, the restaurant, so clearly there's lots of people ignoring the guidelines. Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh no looks like you won't be back............odd ending to your career...........you will just have to have a big party when it's all over😄.

Your baby 1?? my goodness where does time go? Will there be some kinda cake in the shed? haha.

Hopefully your girls will all be fine and it's just a cough.

Went over to supermarket and other shops nearby, no soap, toilet roll anywhere, managed to grab last 2 packets of baby wipes. Shelves are soooooooooooo empty. You would think that all the people that are stockpiling surely have every thing by now???????????

Check up with dentist cancelled by them, have managed to get appt for hair to be cut, hurrah, maybe last cut for a while.

ED looking a little stressed she will be schooling her 5 year and 13 year old, stuff all downloaded in preparation. She will have to teach 5 year old to read and write, daunting, she will be good because she is in the school system and has a rough idea of the things she has to do, difficult for parents who have no idea. 

We are all booked for summer holiday, looks as though that will be also cancelled as it seems to be months we are talking about.

YD was saying you are an at risk person aren't you Mum? I was like, no I don't think so, looked at list and I am, aaah well............xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Haven't been shopping yet. Don't need anything urgently and I thought if I wait until next week, the supermarket will have had chance to restock and, hopefully, all those panic buyers won't need any more stuff! Hope I don't regret that decision! We have  local shops. We'll manage.

It's been an eventful afternoon and evening. Message from HT that school is closing on Friday for most pupils, but volunteer staff needed because the building will be used to look after vulnerable children and those whose parents are "essential workforce". I wanted to volunteer but, due to OH, I can't risk that much potential exposure: those kids won't be sent home as soon as they cough! Someone on news said the schools could be closed until the summer holidays. What? That means I shan't be going back. Really not happy about that. I hope it's not going to be that long.

Also tonight I've been assisting YD with ideas for GD's birthday cake (she's 1 on Friday!! They are soooo glad this Coronavirus madness didn't happen this time last year!) because they only have wholemeal bread flour. She can't go to the shop because they are in quarantine: DIL has a cough! Oh no! Fervently hoping it's just a cough. I suggested a carrot cake. I hope it works, but GD is too young to care if it doesn't.

Only 2 more get ups....... possibly ever. 😁😢

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck to you if you go shopping....................have NEVER seen so many empty shelves, like completely EMPTY, it's absolutely crazy here. Sat for ages on the "FF" bench yesterday, today I'm just shaking my head in disbelief!! 

Yes you did cope last time and that was awful, you do find strength from somewhere.

Spoke with Mum on phone today, hurrah am avoiding going up, next of kin are allowed to visit but feel very uncomfortable........... just in case. As long as I know she is doing ok.

Have a few quiet days this week as YD is at her home, seemingly people are dropping like flies there, she is hiding from everyone.

Pouring with rain here, oh sooooooooooooo boring haha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope everyone is staying well - or at least as well as can be expected! I've been wondering if you're OK, FF. Scary times. 

Get the rest you need, Katy, even if it means saying that impossible word: "Nnnnno" sometimes. Fingers crossed for speedy "normal" mammo results.

School is still open, but all extra activities like staff meetings, assemblies, Parents' evenings, TA meeting (yay! Should have been a twilight one tonight!) have been cancelled until further notice. Anyone who is coughing and/or has a high temperature is being sent home - if it's a child, along with any siblings. 2 teachers have coughs and have been forced to self isolate for 14 days. 3 pregnant members of staff have been told to stay away. The rest of us are doubling up and covering the gaps. 5 children sent home from my class today and there's a couple more who seem to be going down with a stomach bug so there'll be even less tomorrow.

I swallowed my own saliva down the wrong way, at school this morning, had a coughing fit and nearly got sent home. I had to admit to my own stupid lack of swallowing co-ordination! Smiley Embarassed

Yesterday, I was really stressing about it all as OH is in a high risk category, because of his PD and history of asthma. I started to panic about how we'd cope if I got ill, or even if I had to self isolate, but I had stern words with myself and am much calmer/more pragmatic about it all today. We got through BC and a badly broken leg, simultaneously, so we can get through this.

Just used the online form to order his prescription, so that should save a visit to the surgery. Debating whether to get the supermarket shop this week or leave it until next as originally planned. If push comes to shove though, I've got enough in the freezer and cupboards to keep as fed for at least a few weeks, although I'd have to be fairly inventive towards the end of that time! Fish fingers and tinned custard anyone?! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Glad you have more energy grumpy, you will need it with all the puppies😊

You just had a lot to say JCJ and it's ok hahahaha

Yes I did wear my tiara and had lots of admiring glances.

Hope washing machine is behaving, remember I have the honour of having the most expensive one ever!

Yes, that's the usual re glasses, they can't be fixed grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Had my mammo yesterday all fine, it's not ouchy now so that's half the battle, results in the next 4-5 weeks.

One more day of busy, hurrah!

Have been on my feet a lot and yesterday afternoon was thinking I seriously can't walk any further so regardless of lido it still has to be moderation at all times sometimes it's just not avoidable xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Apologies for the ridiculously long, boring post yesterday. Just seen how long it was. What was I thinking? Too much, obviously. 😛

Only 2 of us in "Lake Windermere" tonight. The other woman swam in the fast lane and I had the rest to myself! 😁

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Lots of pups. How exciting! Glad you are feeling brighter, grumpy.

Did you wear your tiara with your dress, Katy?

I ordered my new glasses - they were a 2 for 1 offer but I didn't need a second pair: prescription is unchanged and I already have sunglasses (for driving) and the old pair, I'm currently wearing, that will do as a spare; so I asked what other deal could be done. In the end I got the reaction lenses free, and the eye test, and they knocked off the £30 I paid for the repair of my old glasses to save me having to schlep 10 miles+ to their other store just to get it - no point reclaiming the unrepairable, unwearable glasses! (This branch recently opened in my nearby town) They still cost an eye-watering amount, but my prescription hasn't changed for 4 years or more, so they should last a good while. Although they are frameless, they do match my tiara because they have dark blue "arms" that compliment the sapphires in the tiara perfectly! 😁

Optician was concerned about a membrane growing over my right retina which she says is almost certainly due to Tapoxyfen so, even though it is not affecting my sight at the moment, I will have to have regular eye tests to monitor it. Got to go back every 12 months.

After that expense, I thought the washing machine was on the way out too, at the weekend: washing didn't spin properly - it was still really soggy wet. I cleaned the filter and tried to spin it again. Still sodden. Tried again and machine started making horrible noises. Oh no! I turned it off, drip dried the washing outside (through several rain showers!) and ignored the machine for a couple of days, tried a wash this afternoon and it seems to be working again. Phew! Fingers crossed it was just a tizzy fit and will keep on working. Let the bank balance recover before I have that to pay for too! 

School is preparing to close in the event the *****y Coronavirus gets to our area. We're still open until told otherwise, but all the kids have been given books to work in at home and been reminded of their login details for the online learning platform where the teachers will have to put their lessons. I'm not sure what we TAs will be expected to do to earn our pay if we can't go in!! Looks like I might get a sneak preview of retirement?! 

Highlighted

More news on the puppy front -  Stripe's sister Meg is now in pup to the same dog, a fine upstanding chap called Hank. It is all planned, and Hank is strutting his stuff.......

So Joey will be an Uncle again in May.

Energy levels seem to be improving a bit, so I feel more cheerful.

Grumpy

Highlighted
Community Champion

Love roast beef, yummy yum!!

No it was "The Marriage Pact" oh my..............

The Hunting Party is lying half read.

Had a lovely, lovely meal last night, curry, no leftovers haha, also had a glass of wine really pushing the boat out and I wore a dress.........

Just spent ages trying to find my favourite cardi, was getting really mad because I couldn't understand where it could be. Went through wardrobes several times, even got the ladder out to check shelves. Nope, gave up. Still niggling me so last attempt, went through lifted out a coat and there it was hiding, woo hoo!! Hate when I can't find things grrrrrrrrrr. Also realised how many tops etc I have and it's really ridiculous so at some point will have to have a clear out, it will only be when I can be bothered which maybe a long time.

YD and GS are coming home soon, they are arriving by train so am going to meet them, scarlet fever gone now thank goodness. He was able to go to nursery because as long as antibiotics have been given for 24 hours he was ok and also he wasn't contagious by that time.

Mammo on Fri, am I nervous? no feel ok about it. Think it's waiting for the letter that makes me feel more nervous haha.

Lots going on this week, seems to be the norm now. Will just have to get over it haha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Roast beef and all the doings in the shed. Also an experimental CBA dessert that turned out to be delicious. I always make a big batch of crumble topping, when I make a crumble, and freeze some. It's brilliant because you can just pour it,  still frozen, over prepared fruit and Bob's your uncle. I had some raspberries in the freezer and also some mango chunks from when I bought 2 for 50p because they were nearly overripe. Didn't know if you could successfully freeze - or cook - mango, but it turns out you can! Delicious dessert involving <5 mins (fruit prep in microwave!) work. Yum. Made custard (thank you Bird's custard powder) to go with it. Help yourselves. Quick, before I scoff the rest. 😊

Glad you managed to get a rest today, KTC. What was the stupid people book, The Hunting Party? I've just finished "Eleanor Oliphant is absolutely fine" by Gail Honeyman. It was well written, with likeable characters, funny and moving at the same time. I recommend it. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello grumpy, fingers and toes crossed for you. Let's hope energy levels return soon, let us know how you are doing.

Ooh how lovely does that make you a great auntie?

Woohoo fridge has gone, bet you are so glad, no more faffing around waiting...........

Good luck with glasses, be experimental, well at least something that matches the tiara, throw in a few diamonds, flashing lights etc.

Have had a quiet day, hurrah, woke up at stupid time this morning, grrrrrrrrr, but sat drinking tea etc for a couple of hours. Finished book first for ages and thought really? People can't be that stupid??? Wouldn't recommend...

Had arranged for hairdresser to go and cut Mum's hair, she went up yesterday and Mum could not, would not be persuaded, her hair is very long (for Mum) so nothing much anyone could do, so she will just have to have flowing locks in the meantime.

Am out for tea tomorrow, restaurant in a small village, so am looking forward to that.

Are there any leftovers tonight please JCJ? Hope food wasn't left in fridge you have given away haha xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Helloooo grumpy! Congratulations to Stripe. Are you going to be able to resist those pups? I hope you get some respite from the fatigue during your treatment break. Fingers crossed.

Goodness, Katy, what a lot your little GS has been through. And you with him. I suppose you've had to provide all the childcare as he can't go to nursery when he's ill? Hope you get a break soon.

The fridge has gone! At last. At the 4th attempt. Then one of the earlier contacts got back to me and said she could collect it on Monday. Oops! Had to send a grovelling apology.

Eye test booked for Monday. Quite looking forward to having new glasses - even though they'll probably nearly identical to the last pair!

Decided to swim Lake Windermere next. 18km or just over 11 miles, apparently. Should complete it before I finish work. Might brave another of the lochs in the summer - even my "special" swimsuit probably isn't up to the tasking of preventing me freezing my **** off (or what's left of them?!)

Highlighted

Ladies, 2 pieces of good news - 

Joey is now an Uncle, his friend Stripe, a black Lab, has had 4 pups!!! I've told him he has to set a good example, some chance.....

And I'm on a treatment holiday to see if it will reduce the fatigue - fingers crossed!

Hope you are keeping chipper and not letting the b##ers get you  down.

Love

Grumpy

Highlighted
Community Champion

How very annoying..................grrrrr

Did you manage to get rid?

Oh dear the glasses, even more annoying.........grrrr

Am thinking you should return up here, lochs will be very cold this time of year but fingers crossed you still have your "special" swim suit, you won't even feel the freezingness with that on.

Busy week, worse week ahead, GS still has remnants of SF, antibiotics finish today. He's a monkey with meds now, most of it ends up all over him.

Cold here again tonight, soon be bedtime hurrah!! xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Of course he didn't show up for the fridge. No apology. No message or phone call. Didn't reply to my text. Why are people so rude? He is being given a free fridge and hasn't got the decency to turn up when he says he will. 😠 I'll contact him tomorrow and tell him one of the other interested scroungers can have it unless he collects it before the end of the weekend. They're going to close our road to put in new water mains. We'll still have access but we probably won't want someone trying to pick up a fridge!! 

On a happier note: I've just finished my River Anker swim. 🎉31 miles since the beginning of August. Yeh. Celebrating with a mugatea and a hot cross bun. 😁 Need to pick my next challenge. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

On the waiting bench. Waiting for man to come and collect the fridge we're giving away because we don't have seed potatoes for the allotment - or harvested veg - to keep in it, in the garage, anymore and OH wants the space in case he decides to get a mobility scooter. Guy should be coming to get it this afternoon. He (she?) calls himself 'Sin' on the website (a tree that provides glue, or chewing confectionery!) so I put "sin fridge" on the calendar. Sounds MUCH more exciting than a boring collection. What would be in your sin fridge? Gateaux? sausage rolls? Cheesecake? CHEESES. Yum.

Also waiting for opticians to ring me back. I missed a call as I was driving home earlier. I returned the call and she needed to speak to technician to see why he wanted to speak to me. 2 hours later.... They can't fix my glasses. Boohoo. So I'll have to book an eye test and get some new ones. Pronto. That's an expense I could do without.

Spent half an hour in the  chemist earlier as well while they faffed around looking for OH's prescription. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Grrrr. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

:smileyvery-happy:You are such a catsad JCJ tee hee!!!

Hopefully you are in the land of nod............

I know I don't know what's happened to me? no more creme eggs??? EVER.

Aaaah that's lovely baby walking or nearly there, two babies here are not. What are they like?

Oh the glasses, 2 weeks that is ages hopefully you will receive a call sooner, nothing worse.

Had my lido yesterday, fell asleep while lido was pumping into my veins, so time passed quickly. Usual headache and a little nausea but all ok.

Am off to bed soon too, YD and GS are here, he now has scarlet fever, honest to goodness he seems to catch everything. Novovirus, chickenpox, croup his immune system will be fabulous xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ah. I see my original post has been reinstated. I'll get off the FF bench and mosey on over to the I've got a headache bench. Probably eye strain. Also have sore place behind right ear where the old glasses rub. Think I'll just follow your example, KTC, and go to bed.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Cat sad????? They've messed with the emojis. Can't type : and ")" any more for a smiley face. Grrr. I never use the cat emojis. 😠

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you need me, I'll be on the FF bench for the foreseeable. :catsad:

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh for goodness sake! Just typed a long reply, with difficulty - wearing the wrong glasses - and it posted with "emoji cat very happy" in it which I didn't put there! Tried to edit it - several times and now it says "post removed as it is Spam" Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!! 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Gone off  creme eggs? Gone off creme eggs!? Sorry, who are you? And what have you done with Katy?! :catvery-happy: hehehe Come to your senses at last? Vile sickly things. My influence is rubbing of on you. Lol

Is your face as tight as a drum skin now? :cattongue:

GD took her first unaided steps yesterday and DIL just happened to be filming her on her phone at the time. You can hear her saying, "Oh my G.. First steps!!" in the background. GD had gone into the kitchen with her wooden walker full of bricks (good old fashioned toy :)) and nicked a plastic pot from a cupboard (DIL was there so she was perfectly safe) and was beating a slow retreat with the pot in one hand and her walker in the other. DIL was filming it to send to me and GD let go of the walker, so she could hold the pot to her mouth with 2 hands, turned round and started walking back towards DIL. She fell over when both mummy and she realised she wasn't holding on. Lol. I've told YD and DIL that their work has just begun. :catvery-happy:

Yesterday, I broke my glasses. Don't know my own strength. I was only cleaning the lenses and something pinged onto the floor. I looked down and the nose pad had come off. Oh that's simple to fix, I thought, but on closer inspection, I realised that the metal bracket had shorn off! Trolled off to opticians - should've gone to... - and they're going to have to put a new bridge on, because they are frameless. It's going to cost me 30 quid and take 2 weeks!! :catsad: Meanwhile I'm stuck wearing an old pair that rub my ear and I can't see quite as well. Hey ho. Cheaper than a new pair I suppose, especially as they are varifocal and transition lenses. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Get cream tomorrow, will let you know how it goes...........that's what I get for not putting in the question mark hee hee.

Have gone off creme eggs, WHAT??? Am managing to eat everything else though. 

Oh my 2 grandbabies JCJ perhaps??

Great news you have booked, you wouldn't have believed possible last year.

I went to bed last night at 7.30pm and woke at 6.00am was just sooooooooooo tired.

Still very cold here but there has been a lot of sunshine. xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry you've been having a stressful time. I hope the tears helped. Let it all go! I've put a jumbo box of tissues, a vat of tea, several creme eggs and some cake by the CSL bench along with some hugs.

Hahaha! I misinterpreted the last sentence of your last post as "YD, who needs botox" harsh! What a thing to say about your daughter! 😛 Ah. You mean "one for me and one for YD. Who needs botox?" lol.

My girls are on holiday in the Peak District. YD's uni friend (best woman at their wedding) visited them there today, with her husband and 6 week old baby. DIL is apparently broody again after having tiny baby cuddles! 😄

I've booked a week in a cottage, coincidentally very near where they're staying, for a week, from Good Friday. Woohoo! Hopefully OH will still be OK to go by then. It's only 6 weeks away. I have no cancellation insurance so he'd better be! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes it is hahaha, what am I like?

Am reading The Marriage Pact and am actually enjoying it so those 2 will remain where they are for the time being. Also cleaned out bookcase so have around 40 books to take to charity shop, hopefully tomorrow.

Munched the pizza................thank you.

Yesterday started well, then went to ****, I ended up crying, thinking I don't know how much more stress I can cope with, it's just going on and on and on.

Today my head is clearer and if this is what it is, this is what it is...........nothing I can change or do so it is what life is throwing me at the moment, not the best for a person that needs control haha.

It's sunny here today, but has been so very cold, I am constantly freezing, doesn't matter how many layers I wear??? Am about to remove myself from the "moaning minnie" bench.

Completely different subject, ED came in this morning and I said my gosh your face looks really tight (in a good way) she says it's that cream I have been using, I was like wowee so 2 bottles ordered one for me and one for YD, who needs botox..............xx