71673members
375978posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

13,479 REPLIES 13,479
JCJ

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Sitting in our garage. Thank goodness OH keeps a chair in here! JUST finished mowing the front "lawn" and next-door's when there was a flash of lightning followed shortly after by a sinister rumbling and the heavens opened just as I got the (electric! 😱) mower into the garage!

The back lawn and the edge trimming will gave to wait. Shame?!

Unfortunately, so will lunch. Unless I brave dashing into the house in this downpour. Not entirely sure it wasn't my stomach rumbling!!

Dessert was homemade apple crumble, made with our own Bramley's, and salted caramel custard, which, I have to say was amazing. I had some homemade salted caramel sauce getting on my nerves in the fridge so I made custard (using the famous powder - it doesn't tweet...or build nests!) but I left out the sugar and stirred in the salted caramel instead. Oh my days! Goes perfectly with apple crumble!!

I was hoping to go for a walk while OH is swimming this afto but if this rain keeps up....!!

I got all excited at the weekend because YD asked if her dad would be OK on his own for a few days. She and DIL have decided they each need a break from the "tyrannical toddler", after a hideous year, and YD wants to go camping with me because she's missed it so much. I am so pleased she wants to! We pencilled in 29th June to 1st July. (DIL planning a long weekend in Lisbon with best friend layer in year) At first, OH was fine with the idea, so I even started to look at camp sites. And wondered whether MMU (7?) might be feasible.  Then, on Sunday, he suddenly said, "I shall get someone to stay with me while you are away with S***". Grrr. Who? I don't suppose for a moment that he remembers this exact same conversation 2 years ago and me not going to Norecambe as a result! 😪 He even offered to pay his brother to come and stay but he wasn't having it. I'm worried he'll pester ES and that will be the end of the potential relationship rebuilding: they never could be left together without falling out!! Grrrrrr.

Rain stopped. Time to go in and feed our faces.

katytc

Aaaah that's good news Jane, wonderful treatment is working, hope you are feeling better today.

2 on the van? and 2 free swims, woo hoo, annoying that you went along in the first place though but at least they have rectified.

Well floored again by the jab, not as bad as the last time, thank goodness but felt pretty tired........

What was the dessert? Always thinking of my stomach haha.

Have worn my boots already, 4 times, shows you what weather is like, we have had a lot of rain too, they are very comfy so am pleased. Have another 2 pairs (suede) but these ones are leather so much better for all that rain.

Dentist on Fri, we are all at/going haha. ED was there last week and they are not doing polishes or cleaning till July, was looking forward to that..........ah well what's another couple of months?

3 new books, started 2 of them and not impressed, don't know what's wrong with me? Just not gripping enough. Seem to get bored quickly now.

2 lunches booked in next couple of weeks, am delighted for a catch up.

Seem to be using lots of numbers???

GD is with me but is having a nap so am away to do a quick tidy up, once I can remove myself from the CBA (favourite) bench. xx

JCJ

All around the houses but I've finally navigated my way back here. Signed in to reply and the website started playing silly b.s: "Welcome, JCJ, you have no saved content" What??! Clicked "subscriptions" tab; same message. What?? Eventually found my way in. 

I'm getting used to the haircut. I think I like it. It certainly tangles less so I don't have to always tie it back but I can when I want to. There'll be less hair to hoover off the carpets too - I'm still moulting thanks to the lovely Tapoxyfen.

Super scan results, Jane; very encouraging and, knowing the chest pains probably aren't anything scary, I'm sure will help them feel better. Cracked ribs heal! I'd resist any temptation to perform cartwheels or handstands for the moment though! 😁

Glad your lido went well, Katy - if a tad slowly; (but that might help reduce SEs?)

Persisting it down here today today and still quite cold. I was out in the garden yesterday, allegedly tidying the borders but it was lovely in the sunshine and out of the wind so I was actually just sitting for ages watching the bees buzzing about. Lovely. They don't care if the borders are untidy! And the hedgehogs love them like that; more places to hide That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I was on the FF bench on Monday evening: mad dash to get dinner, after a zoom call with the girls, and get to the pool on time for 7pm swim. It was closed! They'd let me book and pay for the swim! Grrr. I sent an angry email demanding a refund (and then remembered it's only £2.60! 🤭) I have had an apology and the next 2 Monday night swims have been booked for free.

On Tuesday, a letter arrived addressed to my first name. Oh no! Far too soon to be good news about mammo. Not expecting anything else medical. Plonked onto panic bench but made myself open the envelope. It was my new credit card. Phew! I forgot the banks know me by that name too.

I thoroughly confused YD today. I've ordered some beer to be delivered to their house for DIL's birthday, which is on Wednesday. I was informed it would be delivered on Tuesday so I sent YD the details so she can intercept the parcel. This morning, I received an email, and text, from the delivery company to say it's coming TODAY so I copied the text and WhatsApped it to YD. She received it straight after another message, from the SAME delivery company, telling her that her parcel from K.......(jet wash she had ordered - expected Monday) will be delivered today. Both parcels coming on the same van! What are the chances of that? It took a while for her foggy Saturday morning brain to work that out. 😁

Roast chicken dinner will be in the shed tomorrow. Not sure what dessert yet. 

GIJaneH

Hope you like the hair, and you survived the salon!

Hope dentist went well too.

I have to go to the dentist next week too, on instructions from the oncologist.  It seems that the scan showed signs of healing on a vertebrae.  That's good, that there are signs of healing, but having bone mets was news to me!  I had the rest of the scan (abdomen) done on Tuesday and my Onc Nurse and then consultant phoned me Wednesday morning with initial results (how good is that!)  The pleural effusion is slightly smaller... there is healing on the spine... and the liver is improved too.  All in all, the treatment is doing what we want it to do in every area, so that's great news.  As I'd only been on it for just over 2 months when scanned, that's very encouraging.

It is possible that the pain is a cracked rib (which you can do with a cough apparently).  It's been pretty much (bad) all week, but last night seemed better, and early signs are today will be too.  Fingers crossed..

I was on the Wide Awake bench last night, trying to catch a sleep fairy....  one came to see me eventually..

I went down to church yesterday afternoon to bury some ashes for/with a family.  They were in a right state when I got there.  They nearest had come from an hour away, and others from a long way... and, standing looking at the hole, wife said to hubby "you did put the ashes in the car, didn't you?"  "No, I thought you did!!!"  They were mortified... I calmed them down, assured them these things happen in life, and we would re-arrange.  We are meeting again this afternoon!  In the end, we were laughing, and I said "when I write my book......" which made them laugh too....

Hope all's well with you and yours, and the weekend is good.  I'll stock up the shed in a bit...

katytc

Is it done?? Hair chopped?? Do you like it?

Lido went fine, didn't have any side effects until yesterday afternoon, what's that all about? Swear it's different every time, minus was, I was there for about 6 hours arrrgh. Have my 2nd jab this morning. Am hoping no ill effects cause really CBA.

Beautiful sunshine but at the moment oh so cold, it's not good for the bones haha.

Nursery is fine for YD at the moment it's only 10 mins from home and it's lovely that he is being eased in gently. They are building a bond so he feels secure.

The thing that was making me twirly has been settled for the moment, whew!

Just makes life easier, will have to change but it's not just thrust upon us and that can also be eased into place.

Will need to get a move on, want to have at least tidied before I leave, please pull me off my favourite bench xx

Nearly forgot ED has her new soles, she will find out in around 6 months if they are working, fingers crossed xx

JCJ

Hope lido went OK; No dramas; and that the SEs are minimal.

I'm sat in car outside the dentist  (double yellow lines but deploying the blue badge!) waiting for OH. So far they've not even let him in and it's hailing! There's a horrible drilling noise emanating from the vicinity of the building but I'm hoping it's the refurbishments next door! 🥴

I have a hair appointment tomorrow. I am going to brave the "beauty academy" salon (ack!) where one of the girls from my old, closed, place rents a chair. I'm planning on having quite a bit taken off: so it's just over my shoulders. Bit of a change but still long enough to tie back.

Your GS intro to nursery sounds really supportive (but a real pain for the parent having to schlep to and fro?)

DIL has had her work days changed to Tuesday and Wednesday but nursery can't take GD on Tuesdays until next month so YD is taking Tuesdays off through May. She is planning "adventures". Yesterday, they went to the zoo, despite diabolical weather, because it was pre-booked and paid for. Apparently, nearly all the animals were asleep indoors so the highlights for GD were the pigeons and the gift shop!! (Funny isn't it: they can go indoors for the gift shop but not the cafe or animal enclosures?!) I told YD she should have taken GD to the soft toy dept in the big, posh store (I call it the Norwich version of Harrods). GD wouldn't have known the difference! 😜 And there are plenty of pigeons in the city too! 🤣

I hope your uber expensive zoo trip is/was less of a washout, Jane! 🤞

Wishing I'd bought a coffee with me to imbibe whilst I'm waiting. He's having a filling or two so will be some time!

katytc

Well, rain did not stop...........argh.

GD here this morning so we have gone to shop nearby and now have plenty milk, woo hoo.

It's meant to start raining again later so had to be quick haha.

Taxi booked, lido tomorrow, purchased sandwich whilst out because they, at smaller hospital don't do sandwiches without butter and sometimes I am starving, do have soup which is always yummy. Always forget to make or buy one............

ED has appt at hospital this morning to have special sole things inserts fitted for neuropathy am hoping this works.

GS has almost started new nursery, they do a fantastic way of introducing children, a week for half an hour each day, then week one hour,  then two, really structured, am well impressed. xx

katytc

My goodness lots going on...........

Hello Revcat, lovely you popping in, so glad you are doing well xx

Jane, hoping your pain is under control, nothing worse. Great there is no clot, def very good news.

You deserve all the pampering enjoy! xx

JCJ, wonderful news regarding son, fingers crossed. Woo hoo you must be so excited about your girls, not long now.

Is your OH on the naughty bench?? Regardless of his motives imagine if you had gone?? Good job he did make contact.

If you had worn tiara.............hoping for speedy and happy results, fingers and toes crossed.

Nature watch indeed haha.

Lido this week and jab. Am seriously hoping no side effects, CBA with any haha.

Torrential rain here, was meant to be nipping over to supermarket but won't be now. Rummage in the cupboards and am hoping there are leftovers in the shed xx

JCJ

Good grief! What an up and down time you're having, Jane! Emergency department drama sounds really scary. I hope you're not suffering too much pain now and that those close to you are thoroughly pampering you. Take it easy, (even if you're feeling better!) The pamper bench is fully replenished  and awaiting you.

Hedgehog cam produced 70 10 second videos last night: mostly of a pair of the creatures, one circling the other round and round and round for over an hour. He got so excited at one point, he fell off the rockery wall - about 2ft. Got it on film. Hilarious. He was fine. Reappeared in shot a little while later so he must have come around via the steps and lawn. 😂 Later in the night another large hedgehog came. He (presumably) had lighter spines in different places so we've established that there are definitely at least 3 separate animals visiting . I am beyond thrilled. As YD says: we have a hedgehog sanctuary!! ❤️🦔🦔🦔

Waited in for our Zoom call with the girls, this afternoon, but they are out for the day and won't get back before the evening toddler mayhem. Maybe tomorrow..... Or we'll see them in person in 3 weeks anyway. 🤞🏼Yay!!

Roast lamb dinner followed by raspberries, shortbread biscuits, chocolate and cherry ice-cream and raspberry sorbet. In the shed. Help yourself. xx

GIJaneH

hedgehogs!  How brilliant

Good to see you on here again Cat...

Had an adventure last night.... developed serious chest pain (at the back) very quickly, and was advised by the  onc nurse to phone emergency no... and by them to go to ED to check for a clot.

To cut a long story short, no-one in Adult ED or radiology could use my amazing new portocath... felt unsafe at times, feeling light headed on a trolley with sides up, and no way of getting help if it got worse... but I have no clot, no infection, probably the mets causing the pain, and I am home with higher duty pain killers.  I'm trying to manage without the Codeine, cause the treatment makes me constipated, and Codeine does the same... don't fancy a double whammy!  It's scary how quickly it came on - earlier in the week I felt great....

I'm under orders to BE this weekend.  Be fed. Be watered. Be looked after. Be spoiled. Be pampered...  sounds good!

JCJ

Helloooo RevCat! So lovely to "see" you! I am glad you are NED. KTC has mentioned she's met up with you - (back in those carefree days when we were allowed to mingle, do you remember them? 😛) - and I was disappointed that you couldn't make the MMU you planned to come to.

Wishing you all the best.....and continued NED. I'm psyching myself up to stopping Tapoxyfen, after 10 years, next February. I think there will be very mixed emotions: a relief but kind of scary?

I had my mammo this morning. I somehow felt much more exposed. Obviously, I'm used to flashing the mammaries about after all the BC experience but somehow topless with a mask on felt terribly risqué. Perhaps I should have had my tiara on too? 🤭

Hedgehog cam update: great videos this morning of at least 2 different hedgehogs visiting their "snack bar" several times throughout the night! 🦔😁

RevCat

Hello Benchies!  I haven't been this way in a very, very long time - only logged in because I need this ID for some of my volunteering.

I am sorry to read GI Jane's news, but pleased that this safe space is here and that JCJ and KatyTC are still as hilarious as ever. I am one of the lucky ones, finally off the dreaded Ta-poxy-pen after a decade but so grateful to be a NED.  I'm not going to be visiting regularly, but couldn't resist calling to say 'hello'.

Take care, stray strong and know I think of you often.

JCJ

PS forgot to say: while we should have been at the hospital, on Wed, OH got a call from surgery to go for 2nd jab Thursday at 6pm, so that was lucky. He's been duly stabbed! 😁 Another step closer to "normal".

JCJ

Glad your scan is soon, Jane. Fingers crossed there's no nasty surprises. xx

Thanks for your card, Katy. 😁

OH got the letter, today, confirming his consultant appointment for 8th December. I put it on the calendar! I don't think there's any point in asking for a cancellation because I think this is the next time she's at our nearest hospital - and a trip to the main hospital, 30 miles away, is far too stressful to wish upon ourselves (him), especially with the diabolical parking situation there! There's no urgent need to see her: the meds seem to be controlling most of the symptoms.... for the moment.

OH did get a birthday text from ES this morning!! That is amazing. It's years since that's happened. Maybe we might actually get to see him before too much longer - although he'll be shocked at the difference in his dad since he last saw him - physically and mentally!

The girls are coming for the weekend of 21st May, just 3 weeks away. Hopefully. Woohoo! So excited. Got to try to get the advent calendar finished: 1 1/2 pockets and 11 ornaments to do; should be manageable.

Set up the wildlife camera trap on Wednesday. I got the angle wrong so the only film I got was (very unflattering taken with infra red light!) of me coming out, in my dressing gown, to take a picture, with my phone, of the hedgehog, which was chomping happily on the food I put out for it. Irony? There was a also a video of a greenfinch on the bird feeders, but that's something we see every day anyway!

Last night I repositioned the camera, but put it in the conservatory pointing out through the window at the hedgehog feeding station. Zilch. And there should at least have been film of me putting the food out! I guess the motion sensors don't work through glass? Or I did something daft setting the timer? Ah well, I'll try again tonight. 

GIJaneH

Oh how GRIM!!!  You (one) gets all worked up and......  So sorry that happened.  December feels like a long way away, and you were hoping for support/help.  Can you phone someone to get on a cancellation list?

I got a scan appointment through today - for the original date at the end of next month!  I rang Radiology Reception and explained and asked if last week's request for a CT sooner was on the system... she came back with a cancellation for next week!!!

We discovered Lidl this morning.... a bit further away than we normally go, but so much cheaper and lots of different things...  Having been to the charity shop first, I ran out of steam and left OH to pay for it all and  unload it.  That's it for today... on the K.... bench....  I will look up West with Giraffes........

Terrible 2s x 3 sounds exhausting, shall I budge up?

JCJ

Set alarm. Dragged bod out of bed, much earlier than lockdown retirement has required for months, to hear OH on phone. Oh no! He's cancelling appointment. Came downstairs to hear him battling with hospital switchboard because he's trying to check if it's still on, but asking about PD nurse instead of consultant - she's based somewhere else entirety! - and doesn't know which department he's supposed to be visiting. I found the letter reeled off his hospital number and they said the appointment was cancelled ages ago because consultant isn't doing her clinic today; she's on call at another hospital miles away! He should have had a letter. He may have done and not read it properly or bothered to cross out the entry on calendar - or throw out the appointment letter!!! Or maybe it never came. Anyway, her next clinic is December 8th, so he'll be sent another appointment in the post. All that angst for nothing! Perhaps I should have rung to check before even mentioning it to him.

I took a mugatea, a slice of cold pizza and my kindle back to bed. I'm reading West with Giraffes: A Novel by Lynda Rutledge. It's got me hooked. Likeable characters. 

Now I'm on the CBA bench: wasn't expecting to be here this morning and can't think what I should be doing!

katytc

Happy Birthday😀!! Woo hoo for you, sounds like a very good day.

Fabulous regarding your son, fingers crossed everything falls into place.

Hope you are ok for OH's appt, you were consuming a lot of glitterberry last night. Seriously hope all goes well today.

Wow you have a busy day Jane.

Thank you about YD, we will see, stomach is still twirling.

My goodness the terrible two's have really appeared, all three seem to be throwing strops or being super clingy..........

Am busy cleaning up today, perhaps nip to supermarket much later, will see because am not desperate. If I do go means I have less to do on Fri which def would benefit, will sit for a while and ponder xx

GIJaneH

Hope arrangements can be OK for YD...

and ES! What a treat! I hope bridges can indeed be built, and that he thinks of his dad this week too.

Hope the appointment goes really well today, that you are heard and helped..... well done with the timing.. tough call to make.

Pizza sounds yummy...

Pilates this morning... pedicure this afternoon... sounds like a good day.....

"work" in between....

take care... J xx

JCJ

Mmmmm mushroom soup. Yummy.

Those boots aren't really joined at the knee; that's just the camera angle but that picture reminded me of the knee high tights and made me laugh.

I hope things work out for your YD, Katy, without having to make unwanted changes.

I've had a lovely day. Amazing surprise text from ES. He not only remembered my birthday but sent a photo of him (he's always HATED having his picture taken!!) and his latest girlfriend..... Of whom we knew nothing as he's rather disowned us. I'm hoping this is a sign that bridges can be built. Fingers crossed he sends a message for his dad on Friday, too.

OH has bought me a trail/wildlife camera - at my suggestion - so we can see video of the hedgehog that I know visits our garden at night. I often put dried mealworms, peanuts and water out for it. Anyway, this morning, before I'd even opened my presents, there were TWO hedgehogs strolling around the garden as bold as brass in broad daylight. "Up yours fancy camera trap!"

Ordered pizza (dotted tiles pub game), online, using my phone, from the carpark outside swimming and it arrived at our house 5 minutes after we got home. Brilliant. Very delicious and hopefully I won't suffer too much as I ordered low fat cheese on one of them. I also ordered low fat choc cherry ice cream (B&Js) Yum. Leftovers in shed along with sherry fruit cake. All washed down with a, rare treat, glass of white zinfandel (me) alcohol free beer (him). 

It won't be 3 takeaways in a week this year because his birthday is on Friday when we'll be having chippies anyway. 😁

I waited until we'd finished eating to finally tell OH about his consultant appointment tomorrow morning. He's fine about it, very grateful that I didn't tell him before (phew!) and hasn't got time to work himself up into a panic about it.

All my colleagues from school wished me happy birthday in our WhatsApp group which was a lovely surprise - (especially as they didn't remember last year when it was 'the big one' and I was still working with them!!)

YD was going to phone tonight but she's just messaged me (8pm) to say they've only just got GD to bed, haven't had their tea yet and have been up since 5:30am. No worries. Tomorrow will be better anyway because we can tell her what PD doc said. 

katytc

Recognised you straight away JCJ, you are certainly looking fab!

And the hat? Did you knit yourself?

Love the boots, they will go superbly well with my dress, woo hoo.

Will be soooooooooooo pretty............

£200??? Wow had no idea it was that expensive but as you say worth the memories.

Lots of purchases JCJ, remember and do treat yourself, birthday and all.

It's been raining on and off here, very windy and grey again, yuck.

On the positive do not have to go out at all. We planned to take kiddiewinks out but between the weather and their grumpy moods no point.

One sound asleep the other excited by nursery rhymes.

Am on the sick to my stomach bench, have been doing lots of organising for YD and the one thing that she didn't want changed may have to change, this will lead to all sorts and it has left such a sinking feeling. xx

GIJaneH

The dress is amazing!  I love bright colours!  Not at all sure how you walk in those denim boot/jeans!!!  I'd be flat on my face!  CanI pass on the hat???? 😂😂 

A new birdbath sounds like a good idea!  My big spend/treat is I'm thinking of taking the family to the zoo when they come down.  3 concessionary tickets, one adult and one child = nearly £200!!!!!  It won't be any cheaper next year.... and I think making good memories is important, with or without health issues.

Spent a lovely afternoon yesterday in my old schoolfriends' garden, basking in the sunshine.  They have a corner that's out of the wind, so having gone dressed in LOTS of layers, I was peeling them off one after the other!  today is cold and it's a soup day, so there's fresh mushroom soup in the shed, with homemade bread...

no word about a scan yet...

JCJ

61FdQxQ9ccL._AC_SX679_.jpg

70930948e117f1a59c92af610a9629f1.jpeg

JCJ

What a stunning frock, Katy! You will be the belle of the ball especially with these boots (knee highs! 😂) and this hat (I'm modelling it - complete with lockdown hairy face 😛) that I've found for you!

Grrrrr. It won't let me put the pictures in. I'll try later.

Birdbath news: it's still leaking! B****r! Only the bottom 1/2" of water stays in; an improvement but not good enough. I'll have to buy a new one. Birthday present to myself, along with a new thumb splint (much comfier than the old ones) and a digital tyre pressure gauge. Spoiling myself?!!

I made a sherry fruit cake for our birthdays but I won't attempt to put 131 candles on it (70 for him... you do the maths!!) as modern firemen's uniforms aren't that attractive any more! 🤭

katytc

Dazzling or what????? xx

thumbnail - 2021-04-26T112909.742.jpg

katytc

Hopefully it's just one of those things Jane, they are being wonderfully efficient.

Thank you for all the food, am meant to be calming down on consumption...........

Ooooh a party soon, am gonna search for a new spectacular dress, woo hoo.

Had a walk with GS yesterday, we didn't get that far because of the waterway in front of home. He is fascinated throwing small sticks and stones in the water and could spend all day doing so. After 1 and a half hours time was up, tantrum commenced so sympathy for your girls. Luckily didn't last long, just fight getting him in buggy arrrrrrrrrrgh.

It was really warm here yesterday, today it's grey, grey, grey, yuck.

Our shops reopen today, seems soooooooooo very long this time. xx 

GIJaneH

Well, cancer is a roller coaster isn't it?  The lovely nurse who did my injections on Thursday agreed the variation in breathe/cough was probably normal, but it could be an indicator of a clot on the lungs, to which one is prone on this treatment, so she did another blood test to rule it out.  She phoned at nearly 7pm Friday evening (tying up loose ends before she went home/annual leave for a week) to say that the levels were slightly raised, which also could be normal because of the cancer, BUT she had spoken with consultant who has requested a CT scan to make sure.  It'll be the full CT that's due end May, not just a lung one... so I'm sitting on the Nervous Bench waiting for an appointment.  Daughter says they probably won't leave it too long if they are considering a clot...

I've left a delicious pud in the shed - blackcurrant fool.... it's tasty and refreshing and surely the fruit compensates for the cream??!!!

Delighted the boots are good - still need them here, despite the sun...

ttfn

JCJ

Great new Jane! With your "extraordinary" bloods you'll be keeping the beast at bay for a good while yet. Good to hear liver function is doing so well too! 😀

Glad you like your boots, Katy; buying them should hasten the arrival of warmer weather.... but I won't put mine away and get my sandals out just yet. Still very chilly in the evenings here, despite lots of sunshine in the days.

Good that your "normality" is resuming, KTC. We've got a full on week ahead: both our birthdays, 3 swimming sessions (or maybe 4: not decided about Thursday yet - I might go for a walk in the bluebell woods instead), his PD consultant appointment and my mammo. I may book a hair appointment for while he's swimming on Tuesday..... if I can brave the poncy salon where one of the girls from my old, closed, place now rents a chair. I'm considering having quite a lot cut off so it's just past my shoulders rather than waist length. I still want to be able to tie it up.

Beef casserole, mash and peas in the shed. I've dragged the CBA bench alongside so you don't have to expend too much bebotheredness to get it. Roast pork etc tomorrow. Don't know what dessert will be: possibly "lemon stuff" (a variation on "pink stuff": raspberries, raspberry jelly and evap milk whizzed and set together over a buttery biscuit base. This version swaps lemon juice and lemon jelly in for the raspberry elements, but it doesn't sound very appealing to call it "yellow stuff"?!)

Your GD's antics made me laugh, GIJ. After all those years working in Primary schools, I saw it both as a TA (instantly filling in a "green form") and as a parent (acute embarrassment /hope they believe me).

YD has told me today that GD is being a bit of a monster this week: she's hit the terrible twos with a vengeance! They're being run ragged and I can't offer to give them a break! 😒

I'm on tenterhooks waiting the 72 hours for the birdbath to dry and set properly before I can put water in and see if I've fixed the leak. I hope so because my hands are still sore from opening that 🤬 lid!! Tea time tomorrow. 🤞🏼

katytc

That's fabulous news Jane, you must be super pleased😊

What's GD like?? Red faces all round hahaha.

Boots arrived yesterday morning, only ordered prior afternoon, love them! 

Not the same for the two pairs of trousers.............picked up and going back asap, what an unflattering mess, was all excited until I tried them on, accentuated all things you don't want accentuated, arrrrrrrrrgh.

Have GS here, YD is off to an outside event, safe distance, etc, he has turned into wild boy so hands are full, haha.

Sun is shining but it's not warm, brrrrrr,

Am booked in for a lunch woo hoo, not until May but am excited, last time was Dec, such a long time ago.

Loads happening soon, lido, dentist, kinda back to a some kinda of normal?

Anything exciting to read?

Am sooooooooooooo looking forward to Sunday dinner this week, will be hanging around the CBA bench, then loitering around the shed ufn xx

GIJaneH

OOOH!  New boots!  I love shoes/boots..

those caps are so annoying aren't they?  Hopefully you will never have to go to eye hosp.... do you have anyone who could give you a lift, if absolutely necessary?

The paint not matching is a B*****r

My life is fairly ordinary by comparison!  The breathing got worse, the cough got worse, so I feared the worst!  However, daughter says any lung condition leads to these things being variable day to day, and she's a respiratory specialist physio, so she knows about these things.  I should have phoned her before I booked the church for my funeral!!!!!  As it happens, the blood test results this week are, in the words of the specialist oncology nurse "extraordinary".  My immune system is that of someone not on chemo and the liver function tests are down to within normal levels, which she says is a very good sign that the treatment is doing what we want it to do.  The Lovely lady got the consultant to prescribe "just in case" antibiotics in case the UTI comes back.

Lovely sunshine here today, but the wind is parky...  time to get off the cba bench I think, but can I be bothered????

Your laugh for the day.... DIL collected GD from nursery.  GD was accompanied by a teacher.  "show mummy your picture and tell her what it is"..   "it's your bottom mummy".  OK.. now show mummy y our other picture..... what is it?   "It's a vagina"!!!!!!  "Is that language you would normally use at home?"  "Yes, we just name the body parts as they are".... "OK, that's great that you do that, only she said that she'd been looking at them on the computer"......  "VOLCANOES!  We were looking at VOLCANOES"  One red faced mummy!!!!

katytc

You should have went swimming arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Gosh I hate days that turn out like that, so frustrating.

Good OH and his bomb site painting has worked well and not even more messier than before.......

Boots are not warmer but h*****, just really liked style and colour.

Still not tried on new top but will because am nipping into town today and I can go to post office.

Mum had an issue with her eyes and was taken by ambulance, so urgent, everything was checked and she was ok, such a fright though.

Bleph still continues, am assuming now will have to bathe each day forever, bah!

Fingers crossed there is nothing to worry about with you.

Do you have appt for mammo?

Looks like it may be a lovely day here, still chilly at the moment but sun is shining.

JCJ

WooHoo! New boots! I hope they fit and meet expectations. What are they?

My eye-wateringly expensive E*** ("sound reverberation") boots are at least 5 years old and still look new, after daily autumn/winter wear and being reheeled at least once,  so more expensive often works out more economical than cheap footwear.

Tyres sorted.....eventually. After lots of faffing (and me being useless!), I finally sorted it out.

Decided to stay home instead of swimming (after sorting tyres) so I could get the birdbath sealed while I had all day to do it. 2 hours later, I'm still struggling to get the *&*^%$ lid off the $$%&&%# bottle of sealant: one of those medicine bottle lids that you push down and turn. I always have trouble with those! Every time I thought I'd done it (with Arthur getting worse in both hands with each attempt!) I'd hear that annoying click, click, click as the lid refused to part company with the can. Grrrr

Got it off 20 minutes before it was time to fetch OH back. Threw on the first coat of sealant and got in the car. So much for a quiet few hours to myself?! 🙄

The 4 coats are done now and, hopefully, the birdbath will be watertight again. 72 hours to wait until I can test it.

OH finished painting the desk. Not too many disasters (I did have to wipe white, painty fingerprints off the black swivel chair, but fortunately it's faux leather - and I found it while the paint was still wet - so it came off OK!)

By the way, Katy, "A little mess" is NOT the way I'd describe the bomb site of chaos he creates in that room!! But at least it's not all over the house.....just his usual clutter.

I've just looked it up and, as I feared, the eye hospital is in the middle of the country's 2nd biggest city! Definitely won't be driving there - not that I would with eyesight problems anyway. A train journey and/or expensive taxi ride then. Not that I'll probably ever need to go there (if that isn't cavalierly tempting fate?!)

This is the 2nd time I've typed all this: pressed something on my phone whilst reaching for mugatea and the 1st attempt completely vanished!! Grrrr

katytc

Have the boots, woo hoo!!!

Not physically but ordered, they are for autumn/winter months, very pleased😂 

Searched for ages, found them, a little more expensive but they did have an offer on, am expecting them to last for years, so worth it. Hopefully last as long as your slippers haha xx

katytc

Oh my...............do you know where you would be going??

Yes, it's a great idea to scare the living daylights out of you!

Hope you have decided to stay at home and just enjoy the quiet.

Are tyres ok?

Better one room is a little messy than them all, indeed.

GD is with me having a nap, so all good here.

Purchased a light rain jacket, came today and I love it, also a top but not sure so will try on later.

My stomach is also expanding rapidly and it's not pretty so choc gingers will need to stop along with all the other tasty treats I consume arrrrrrrrrrgh. Now sun is shining I won't be able to get away with my big coats that hide everything.

Pair of boots I really covet, not to be though, sold out all over, they are so, so pretty, ah well.

Shops open here on Mon, will feel extremely odd, am going to avoid until things calm down, not really that many left to reopen which is pretty sad xx

JCJ

Caravan sounds idyllic, Jane; I hope the family are able to stay with you too this year. Something lovely to look forward to. 

What a pain about the paint, Katy. I was lucky I got away with it with the wool. 

Opticians appointment yesterday and she scared me by saying I now have the beginnings of a cataract in my left eye as well as the one I knew about in my right. She also said I have some degeneration in the right eye and that if I experienced any sudden deterioration in my sight, flashing lights or more floaters, I am to go straight to the eye hospital!! What?!! My mind is in overdrive thinking "Where is the eye hospital?" "How will I get there - I surely won't be able to drive and OH can't!" Then she said my vision hasn't changed at all since last year... or the year before.... so my eye health must be OK and, if it wasn't for the tamoxifen, she'd be happy to wait 2 years to see me again. So why did she have to scare me with talk of eye hospitals??!! I asked if it was just an age thing (feeling especially geriatric!) or tamoxifen related and she said probably both. Ah well only 10 more months taking it. (Though I'll be terrified to stop after 10 years of having it as reassurance!!)

OH has his appointment with neurologist next Wednesday, at the hospital, and this one hasn't been changed to a phone consultation like last year's. I don't know if OH is remembering and I'm wondering when to remind him as it will make him anxious. He'd rather do it by phone but I'd like her to see him as she was the one who improved his meds and she probably should see how much weight he's put on as a result. She will also be able to test his mental faculties better in person: I'm worried about his memory getting worse!

He's decided to repaint the desk, that ES custom built years ago, in the "guest" bedroom (which is now barely suitable for guests... even the girls, who are the only people who ever use it.... because it's full of his drawing/painting/book making cr*p EVERYWHERE - including all over the bed!! After I lovingly decorated and furnished it for them. 😖

I have to just grit my teeth and be grateful he's got that room to play in so that mess isn't all over the rest of the house - and he's out of my hair - but I'm dreading the mess he's likely to make with brilliant white eggshell paint and a lilac carpet!! 

Just done the supermarket shop. By the time I'd put it all away I was ready to collapse on the K bench. To think I used to do that AFTER a day teaching!! How?! 

Car suddenly flashed a warning about my tyre pressure, so I've got to investigate that before I have to take OH to the library tomorrow. Still can't decide whether to book a swim or enjoy 3 hours with the house to myself. I have bought some stuff to reseal the birdbath and it needs 4 coats with a maximum of 4 hours in between, so I'll need a whole day to do it. 

Right time to cobble dinner together: leftover roast chicken, mushrooms, pasta and bought carbonara sauce with a bag of salad. Simples. My reward for doing the shopping. 

katytc

Hahaha what are kiddiewinkles like??

Love it..........

Also love stilton but has to be a certain make which was only sold at a butchers in a very fancy jar like thing, best I have ever tasted. All the rest have no real taste.

Yep agree with JCJ, do take things easier and fingers crossed you can just putter around without any issues.

Have had a disaster here, arrrrrrgh. Bought new paint to do my little touch ups, threw old paint out, then started, little marks all disappeared, hurrah. An hour later distinct blotches all over the place, complete mess. So ended up having to paint some of the walls, honest to goodness didn't even think colour would be soooooooooooo different.............like your wool JCJ? Still blotchy some places but different light hits the walls not so noticeable.

Nipped over to supermarket with GD this morning, she makes a crying, moany noise all the way round........went with GS a few weeks ago and he literally screamed the whole time.........exit red faced Nannie...........naughty babies who now think they should walk all the time, soon perhaps but not quite yet!

Dull day here but def not as cold, muggatea time, it's choc gingers again, just can't resist them. xx

GIJaneH

I hate stilton, but the soup is great!    The roast chicken was good too...  I've just popped in some home made lemon curd.....

I was feeling so pleased with myself at how I was doing.  Got brought up short yesterday.  It was a glorious day, and I walked down to church at a "normal" pace.  Couldn't talk when I got there, I was so out of breath.  Then, coming home, which is more uphill, I was a distance behind another lady from the congregation.  I couldn't have caught her up if I'd tried, but I just plodded firmly and puffily.  I stayed the same distance behind her all the way... and she is 88 and slow!!!!!!!!  Not good for the ego!!!

Grandchildren are hilarious.  The caravan is just north of Bamburgh, on a  small, private site, overlooking a tidal estuary which is a bird sanctuary.  A good friend owns one of the 'vans.  They're not rented out at all, but they can let non family members stay for up to 2 weeks each year.  We get those 2 weeks!!  Heaven.... Son & family live in Newcastle, so for the last few years they've joined us for a week.  Last yaer they were only allowed to visit (Covid) but we got permission for little one to stay overnight.  That was their second visit, and as the afternoon went on I checked that she really was happy to stay with us.. yes.. you're happy for Mummy and Daddy to go home?  "Bye bye Mummy.  Bye bye Daddy"  Priceless!

Have a good week.....xx

JCJ

Thanks for the homemade soup and bread. I don't usually like Stilton but in Benchland it tastes great!!

Woohoo for feeling better and treatment working! Such good news. Don't overdo it tho'. Rest when you need to.

Also fab news that you can go to "your" idyllic Northumberland spot. Whereabouts is it? We stayed, twice - each time for 3 weeks - on a (VERY basic, no longer in existence) camp site between Alnwick and Rothbury. We loved the moors and the vast, practically empty beaches. It was always drier, if colder, there than further West. If it was nearer, we'd definitely go back.

Zoom chat with the girls this afternoon, which was lovely.  I had to laugh when, after about half an hour, GD was starting to show off and get a bit silly so YD said we'd better end the call so she could have her tea. Instantly, GD said, "Bye Nana, bye Grandad" and waved at the camera. Normally, she has to be cajoled into saying goodbye but today it was a clear "Go away Nana and Grandad, I want my tea!" Adorable. Couldn't possibly take offence. 😍

Talking of tea/dinner: roast chicken and all the accompaniments in shed along with homemade apple pie, ice cream and salted caramel sauce. 

GIJaneH

it was me with the sparklers... sorry... but it was such FUN!!!

Holidays, mammo... no holidays.... sore thumb.. and SWIMMING????  Go you!  I've given up on the hairy legs...and am still wondering why the first hair to return after chemo was the bit outside the bikini line?  Someone's having a laugh at us...

I've been seeing lots of people in the garden ( one at a time, I hasten to add) which has been wonderful, if cold!

We have just heard that we can go back to our favourite spot in Northumberland this summer, so I'm very excited.  We borrow a friend's caravan in an idyllic spot.

I'm feeling so much better - almost no side effects now (just a little fatigue) and I feel better than I have for months, as the cough and breathlessness are almost gone.  I'm assuming that means the treatment is working!

Back to the unpaid work a bit now (no vicar in the village)....

Homemade broccoli and stilton soup is there, with fresh home made bread if you want to warm up.  Soup made with creme fraiche rather than cream, and it's yummy....

ttfn

JCJ

How disappointing about your holiday excitement being dashed, KTC. Perhaps that one wasn't to be. I'm not sure I'd brave going abroad in the current situation (not that we do anyway these days: OH couldn't cope!)

I had an email from the cottage company, yesterday, asking for details of all occupants of the cottages I've booked and whether we're from the same or different households/bubbles so that they can ensure government rules are adhered to.... and offer refunds/rescheduling if necessary. We'll be OK, if the guidelines don't change.

Parmigiana and garlic bread in the shed for dinner/tea. Help yourself if you feel so inclined: it's one of my new - trying to eat less meat - veggie recipes. Also buttered, toasted teacakes. Yum. 

Swimming was great on Monday: the first couple of strokes were such bliss, then my arms started screaming at me but that eased off after a while. It didn't make my thumb.... or hip.... hurt so that was a relief. I didn't enjoy the maintenance involved in being seen in public in a minimal attire though: had to dispose of my hairy shorts!! - not shaved since C-word Eve, the last time I swam, and of course the hairs on my legs are still very dark - not like the grey on my head!! I was annoyed at myself for needing to bother: after all, men wouldn't so why should we? Couldn't bring myself to brazen it out. (YD has same opinion about bras, but I definitely can't go there!! 😱)

It was lovely to get rid of OH for an hour on Tuesday for his swimming too. Meanwhile, I did a quick fruit & veg shop and pottered around the town. He went to the library today, for 3 hours and I treated myself to a visit to the garden centre and takeaway sandwich lunch, then enjoyed some quiet time at home. 3 hours went FAR too quickly!! My opticians appointment is booked for while he's swimming next Tuesday.

Mammo booked for 9:34am Saturday 1st May. Oh my! I'm not normally up, never mind dressed, at that time these days - especially on a Saturday!! Still, it's better than stressing about it all day. Now I've just got to stop myself getting anxious... Jittery bench here I come!

My thumb is slightly improved - as long as I wear the splint if I'm doing something that might make me bend it frequently. It's very annoying when it clicks and/or locks, though, and sometimes hurts - not as much as the right one did.... yet! I'm hoping that, being the left hand this time and likely to get less use, I might get away with avoiding surgery. Even if it has to come to that, it'll be a long wait anyway with the current backlog!! 

katytc

It wasn't me with the sparklers, JCJ, I know who it really was...........

Woo hoo for infection finally gone Jane, that in itself can make you feel awful.

And woo hoo for mammo letter, fingers crossed it will be soon, just to get it over with.

Ooh holidays sounds just brilliant, something exciting to really look forward to.

Hope your thumb etc is feeling a little better now, could be knitting indeed, especially as you are knitting more?

Great excitement here on Sat morning, ED is always looking for holidays, she found one that was perfect for us all. Phone calls made, we all agreed, said to ED book it now! Tummy was twirling with happiness. Not for long...............she accidently put in wrong date arrrrrrrrrrrrgh and the price? impossible.

Great elation, squashed haha.

Feeling a little concerned anyway about actually managing an abroad holiday due to aches and pains, mmmmmmmm, we'll see.

Slippers arrived and seem to be fine, will have a look at the p****** ones, 7 years??? Wow haha. I have prob had around 30 odd pairs in that time, haha.

Thank you for yummy dinner, was just wondering if there is anything tasty for tonight? Should be going to supermarket but oh so CBA............xx

JCJ

We've got a fire pit barbecue thingy, in Benchland, for cooking the alliburgers, of course, and for staring into when required, but we don't need it for warmth because it's always pleasantly warm in Benchland. 😁 And don't forget the omnipresent fireworks ‐ behave yourself with those sparklers, KTC!!

3 cheers for effective antibiotics! Glad you're feeling a bit better- a relief indeed! 😊

Exciting that your GD can visit soon. We were only looking, online, at the "Covid roadmap" to see when it's likely our girls can visit (Christmas Dinner still awaits!) They've got a week booked in a cottage near Eastbourne for the end of June but maybe they can trek over one weekend before we're away at the beginning of June.

I love Northumberland! We've had 2 lovely camping summers up there, years ago, so I'm quite jealous of 'your' caravan, especially as it's now far too far for OH to travel. I hope you get to go....when the weather improves!

Dinner as usual in the shed tonight: Welsh hill lamb, roasties, Yorkshire puds, smashed roots, peas, green beans, mint sauce and gravy and I think I'm going to try to make salted caramel chocolate pudding for dessert. Maybe. If I CBA. Or there's a S********y's forest fruit strudel in the freezer if I can't.

Probably should get out of bed: brought my tea and toast back here, because it's a cold damp morning, and now I seem to be stuck here! 🙃 

GIJaneH

thumb and hand sounds grim....

I finally got antibiotics from the practice nurse, and the UTI has gone..  So has the constipation, so that's a relief..

How wonderful to have booked a holiday or 3!!  We spend a couple of weeks each year at a friend's caravan in Northumberland, so we're waiting to hear if we can go again this year.  Another friend has offered her house in Southwold, so we are very lucky.  We'll have to get our act together...  First things first... little legs is hopefully bringing her parents on 17th May!  Not long now... It can be counted in weeks, which is great.  Apart from our son, we will all have had our second jabs by then.  He's had his first...

The difference in the weather from last year is stark, isn't it?  Lit the chimenea again yesterday for another friend who asked to drop in.  It doesn't keep us warm, but it does take the chill off.

Have we got a firepit or equivalent in Benchland?

JCJ

I hope you had a pleasant time on the pamper bench, GIJ, and that the rain held off when your friends visited. I could do with a chimenea at the moment because it's freezing in here!!

Good news about your bloods and the SEs only being mild.... even if there are nine of them, so far!! Fingers crossed there won't be any more and that the pesky UTI gets banished soon.

I booked our September holiday. Yay! So excited. We're going to an apartment in Bishop’s Castle, Shropshire, for a week. Hopefully! 🤞🏼 That's June (last Easter's postponed cottage in Peak District) and September sorted and, pandemic/Parkinson's permitting, we should get a trip to Norwich for a couple of days in July or August. Things are looking up! 😁

Finally, only 6 months late, my letter has come inviting me to book my mammo. I'd actually stopped looking for the letter in the post every morning so it was a surprise! I have emailed for an appointment - apparently the van will be here, in my usual place, in April and May, so it should be soon. Of course, having been anxiously waiting for it, I'll now be on the jittery bench until it's done and the results are in!! 

I don't know if it's all the knitting - on smaller needles - or the sewing, but I've got a really ouchy left thumb. It feels like trigger thumb, like I had operated on on my right hand, except that the thumb has only once locked in the bent position, so it might be arthur. Wearing the splint (kept from last time) seemed to help, yesterday and I'm fervently hoping it sorts itself out because the thought of another op is just.... 😱

Several times, recently, I've woken up with pins and needles in the left hand and thought: "Oh no! Carpel tunnel again!!" - when I had my right one fixed, 23 years ago (what?!? That long? How is that possible?!) they told me it was likely I'd need the other one doing at some point. At the moment, I'm getting none of the other associated problems...... and I hope it stays that way…... so I can ignore it for now. Hmm. I wonder if I can get both ops done at the same time: 2 for the price of 1?😀

It's still very chilly here; certainly not the glorious weather we had this time last year, when I spent most of lockdown 1 in the garden! 

GIJaneH

slippers, swimming, hair cuts, knitting.... so much going on!   I get the need to book a holiday....

I've had another week of antibiotics, and still think the UIT is ignoring them.  I took a sample in to the Chemo suite when I went for a blood test Wednesday.  They rang me yesterday to say that the blood results were good (I have the same immune markers as someone not on chemo :-)) and that I still have an acute UTI.  I rang the GP to get a prescription... come and give us a sample.  I did one yesterday, shall I ask the hospital to email you the result?  No, we can see that, but they didn't ask what antibiotic you should have... no but the doctor did that last week... need an up to date one... grrrr.... GP will ring sometime today (maybe/hopefully).  Got Pilates soon.... and then some friends coming over to sit outside with a coffee.  My OH will light the chimenea, cause it's still cold.  Still, the sun is trying to shine...

Having prepared for the chat with the chemo nurse yesterday, I realised that I have 9 side effects!  Thankfully they're all reasonably mild, but they're mounting up!!

Think I deserve a toddle to the pamper bench.....  Hope the chips were good!!!!

JCJ

Forgot to say: my slippers have lasted years because they have a thick plasticky sole. I've trodden the backs down terribly (too lazy to put them on properly!) so I'll probably have to replace them long before they're worn out. They are Padders. The lining was fluffy, but even though it's thoroughly flattened now, the thick sole provides a cushion.

My hair needs a trim but, even though our salons reopen on Monday, I'll give everyone who's more desperate a chance to get in first. I've got to find somewhere I feel comfortable going to anyway as mine has closed down. The girls have been cutting each other's - reasonably successfully!! 

JCJ

Whoop! Whoop! Swimming booked for Monday night. Hurrah. Also for OH for Tuesday afternoon (already looking forward to chips afterwards! 😁) How tragically sad has our life become that putting those (swimming sessions, not chips!) on the calendar caused a little celebration moment?!

Opticians has been pestering me, for weeks, to book an appointment, as I'm supposed to go annually now due to potential tapoxyfen cataract problems. I've been putting it off until it feels safer to go: maybe when I've had my 2nd vaccination, but I might book it for when he's swimming as I'll be hanging around in the vicinity for a couple of hours; “2 birds (swans?) with one stone"!

Another indication of how sad I've become is that, when I put a new bag in Henry the Vacuum Cleaner, yesterday, even though the old one wasn't quite full, it felt like a deliciously decadent treat! Sad, sad, sad!

I've been researching holiday cottages for September: I want to be away when school starts up, because I can and because it was lovely last year. I've found a dozen or so places, all within 2 hours drive (so no seaside 😢), and I've marked them all in the road atlas, with post it notes, for him to pick one. Just got to wait until he can be bothered to do so. Trying very hard to be patient and not nag (or he'll decide he doesn't want to go ANYWHERE 😡) whilst worrying that everything is booking up fast! (One cottage was £100 dearer the day after I first looked at it - and it was Saturday changeover, so we'd lose a day anyway. **** that!!)

It has been lovely and sunny here, although it's a bit greyer today, but the wind is icy; causing the dance of the 40 fleeces whenever I'm outside, depending on sun/shade/exposed/sheltered location! We had some serious snow flurries yesterday, but nothing settled. I got the "lawns" cut on Monday but otherwise it's been mostly a case of hunkering down in the warm with my knitting and cross stitch (16 pockets and 8 ornaments so far and the x stitch owl is about 3/4 complete: still a few months to go!!) 

Well, I suppose I'd better get off the CBA bench and organise some lunch. xx

katytc

haha JCJ you are funny😀, you will just need to find polo shirt with a pocket!!

Glad there is not too much difference regarding wool, think it's a brilliant idea.

Has been a woo hoo day, hair has been cut, so very pleased, clasp discarded, woo hoo.

As I walked down to hairdressers there were lots of queues outside barbers, we seem to have an abundance of hairdressers and barbers here. Hardly any shops................even less resulting from closures.........

Seemingly the powers that be, want a cafe society here but you do have to entice visitors with some shops perhaps??

It is so, so cold here, sunshine is deceiving, brrrrrrrrrr. Have heating on, dressing gown on top of clothes and a throw and am still not that cosy.

Have purchased a more expensive pair of slippers with added support, will see how they work, loath to pay dearly for slippers??? but realistically I go through about 5 pairs a year, when they flatten down feel as though I am walking on sharp stones arrrrrrrgh. fingers crossed. xx

JCJ

Wool came this morning. It's almost exactly the same. I finished off pocket 12 and OH couldn't see the join - I thought I could but I know where it is! Phew. Should have plenty now because I panicked and changed my order to 2 balls.

I don't know how long it will take to finish: several weeks probably - each pocket takes a whole evening - but there's not exactly a rush for it as long as I can get it to them by 1st December. While waiting for the wool delivery, I've knitted a star, a mini wreath, a candy cane and half a mini Christmas pudding, so the ornaments won't take too long. I don't like all the ones on the pattern (eg: apple, pear, orange, pig, Who hangs those on their tree??!) so I'll be substituting in some others I've got patterns for. 

Just got back from 3-weekly food shop. Put it all away and I'm on the Kn******* bench. To think I used to do that AFTER a full day at work!! Retirement and lockdown have certainly destroyed my stamina!

I bought a shirt for OH's birthday, (because none of the summer shirts we bought together last year will button up over his rapidly expanding belly!) but now I'm wondering if I should just give it to him in case he doesn't like it and it needs to be returned. I'm trying to persuade him to wear polo shirts or something with a bit of elasticity, but he insists on having a top pocket to keep his phone in. Gaping buttons exposing hairy flab is not a good look. Need to sort that out before we're out in public again! 

I was remarkably restrained and managed to resist too many treats, although a did buy a 4-pack of luxury hot cross buns AND a 6-pack of "Be good to yourself" ones, even though we've still got a big dish of bread and butter pudding to finish. Hmmm. That's not going to help the aforementioned expanding belly situation? Or mine either. Freezer is rammed so I can't put any away in there. 

Lovely and warm and sunny here. Sitting in the garden with my mugatea and a bun whilst the CBA ready meal shopping  treat fish pie cooks itself in the oven. Bliss. Or it would be if the sunshine and easing of lockdown restrictions hadn't prompted our noisy neighbours (at the end of our garden) to play loud music in their garden. Here we go again. I've not missed that. 😖

katytc

Made it out and missed the rain woo hoo! Just so happened that chippie had opened, feel as though this has happened before, so couldn't really avoid............bad moi.

Also lots of sweet things fell into my chariot along with a restock of choc gingers.

Feel as though I wont be able to fit into any of my clothes soon haha. 

Purchased some nice things well before first lockdown and they are still hanging unworn in wardrobe.

Had some little visitors, ants arrrrrgh, around 10 dotted around so have purchased stuff to get rid of them, fingers crossed it works, am not sure how they are getting in, yuck yuck!

6 days now till hair, woo hoo.

Forgot to say hope wool is a good match, how long do you think it will take to do?

Lovely than it can be kept forever.

Finally am reading a good fiction book have had so many just blah ones over the last few months. Find I get really bored with storylines.

Really windy here, a little grey but not cold. xx

katytc

Hope things are picking up for you Jane, oh no an infection.....fingers crossed meds are working and you feel much better.

LND?? which one? and where? hahaha

Thank you for dinner and coffee cake, have a muggatea at the ready, slurpy slurp, yum yum.

Oh my gosh the staining was soooooooooo easy, had plastic down, cloths etc at the ready, no need, no splashes, nothing. Therefore if you have anything to stain go for it, haha.

I had a veneer unit which I didn't like but didn't really want to throw out because it had lots drawer space, I painted it difference was amazing, you can buy paint that can go straight on to veneer so no sanding etc, maybe worth a thought JCJ., was also easy to do but I'm super messy with paint........splashes on floor hair, hands, clothes etc I don't know how I manage it...........

Quick nip into town, just two shops so will be home quickly, rain is forecast but cannot move from my spot on the CBA bench, ah well xx