71092members
373651posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

applestreet

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

FF...you're not a numpty....Revcat's photo doesn't appear on my browser either...mind you...this PC was new when Adam was a lad...probably before eve was a twinkle in her mum's eye...the other photos are appearing...just not the one I want to see... and I've been on a course to work it as well!!!!...I've got firefox on it as well so will have a look on that....if I try to download too much my PC gets in a strop and turns itself off...mind you I think it's a bloke....just joking...Revcat..left congrats on DDW..but I take my hat off to you...well done...Maggie

foxyferret

JCJ - You are speaking a different language to me. I do not totally understand but will investigate, I'm NOT a total numpty, and I usually get there in the end.
grumpy

Super Trooper RevCat!!!!! You did good!!!!!
Well done, you are an Inspiration!!!!
Big Hugs
grumpy

JCJ

FF You can download firefox, Opera or google chrome (and other browsers!) for free - just search for them with whatever search engine you use. (See, I stopped myself saying "just google them"!) I find different websites work better with different browsers. I maintain the school website and that ONLY seems to work in Internet Explorer, so I have both IE and chrome on my computer.
You may be able to get a free update of your version of IE, too. Have a look in your microsoft help menus?
foxyferret

Thanks for trying RevCat. I will get my grandaughter on the job tomorrow (hopefully). Sometimes I really think I ought to go on a course to learn more about computers!

Never mind... I'll use my imagination again.... no full clerical garb and crampons this time..... sensible clothing and footwear, turquoise for Clare, lovely thought, snow and such a feeling of elation, even though it wasn't over over and you still had to go down. Yes I can "see" it.
supertrouper

Well done RevCat - loved the photo. I had no idea we could do that now so here is a photo of me taken 2 weeks ago for all those who have started to think that I look anything like the dark haired angel that is my avatar.

RevCat

Hi FF, I am using Firefox too. The browser is the thing you use to look at the internet... so you probably click an icon (little picture) to open it up and then pick what you want to see from 'bookmarks' or 'favourites'. Sometimes things show in some browsers and not others. I just tried Explorer (as it sits unused on my laptop) and this photo shows there too. I'll see if I can send it you in a PM!

Edit - rats.... can't add it to a PM, no 'paste' option. Sorry FF 😞
foxyferret

It can never be TOO idiot's guide for me. Reading your post I realise that I don't know what a browser is!!! Ok.... two minutes to think about it and I've worked out that i've got Internet explorer.
Whenever I get a computer problem, I set my grandaughter on it, her fingers cross my keyboard at the speed of light and it's fixed!! Unfortunately she's not here now.
Foxy

Absolutely brilliant!!!! I can't believe the snow, well done to you and Deed. I can see the pic OK and I use Firefox (natch). Have a really l-o-n-g soak in a hot tub with a few cupcakes.
Foxy
xxxxxxxx

JCJ

FF what browser (to look at internet pages eg Internet explorer, firefox, google chrome - sorry if that's TOO 'idiot's guide') are you using? The picture just appears in the box with RC's text on my computer - no crosses to tick.

I do wonder if all the complaints about this new website are due to 'older' browsers not being fully compatible. I run windows 7 and google chrome and have no poroblems with it, (after the initial business with the verification codes!)

RevCat, I'm impressed with the climb, the snow and especially putting the picture in your post. Have a well earned rest while we party on in your honour. 🙂
foxyferret

I can't access the photograph. What am I doing wrong? I just tried to click on the little red cross but nothing happens.
What do I need to do ( in idiot's guide to the computer language please)?
Well done RevCat, hope you're taking it easy today.
vercors

Well done Rev, you must be so proud of yourself. As you know I love walking, but 8 hours!
The bomfire is still warm, wrap up weel, fit up, cup of tea, chocolate, enjoy and take the praise.
On the knackered bench again. I picked 3 kg of blackberries today; half turned into jam and the other half is marinating in alcohol for a month or so and will end up as blackberry liqueur for Christmas.

katytc

OOOOOOOOOOOOh RevCat you are simply glowing, what a wonderful achievement, Well done you!!!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr one hot flush and all that snow would have melted in three seconds flat!!
Hope you are chilling and relaxing now, you deserve it xx

Cackles

What a *****STAR*****. You must be so stiff today. All comfy benches, chocolate and cakes are reserved for you this week!
That photo must be framed ASP.

Kittyqueen

Oh wow, lurker here...:)))))) Well done Revcat".........whooooo look at the snow tooo xxxx

Ali_H

Fabulous RevCat!! Well done:)
How are your legs today, not aching too much I hope....have a special "I did it!" sparkler...
Quail

Hooray!!!--we were with you every step of the way, in an armchair sort of fashion. Thank you for doing the slogging, you are one of our new heroes!

RevCat

Aaaahhhh what a lovely bonfire... "more choc bananas?" Don't mind if I do. Mmm, lovely hot soup, spuds, cake, apples... bliss!

Wow, that was H-A-R-D work getting up that mountain... rain, wind, rain, cloud, rain and SNOW for the last couple hundred metres! It was a struggle and I would have given up but for knowing you were all willing me on (plus a lovely guide who walked with me at snail pace for about an hour when I was really struggling). In the end I did it in a respectable 8 hours, and one of the guide confieded that he thoguht the early pace was too fast! Anyway THANK YOU for your support! I met some lovely ladies who were 3, 4, 5 and 7 yeras NED which was really encouraging as well as Deed who posts on BCC somtimes.
Now by the wonders of the new forum here I am in a Claredrop Turquoise coat on the summit of the Ben!!!!