71280members
374407posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

grumpy

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Nit and cup appt was very OK - referral to another PS for more discussion...... so now on the What's Going On Bench. Why oh why do we not get ALL the info at the point when we ask the questions, so that we have ALL the info we need so we can make an informed decision????? Today I got more info about mastopexy vs Benelli, so now I've got more stuff to think about! I had decided that Benelli would do the job, and now I've got to think about mastopexy before I make the decision.
More appts, more opinions, more time, more decisions - and of course all over the place cos Barley was put to sleep.

Onwards and upwards (as it were)
grumpy

Ali_H

Thanks for the tips to help with rads, Foxy I'll ask them tomorrow when I'm there. Staff were lovely today, had a long delay because one of the machines was being serviced so I read a glossy magazine....Tattler. Glad I hadn't spent money on it!
JCJ

I got a lift to rads. OH took car off to nearby Tesco carpark - loads of space - and I texted him when I needed picking back up! It took all the parking hassle stress away. Didn't even have to join the traffic queue through the hospital grounds. When it was horribly busy, he just dropped me off and I enjoyed the short walk past all the stationary cars, while he turned around and drove off. He got to buy a paper and/or a cuppa while he was waiting for me - (and it kept him away from the stress of the hospital - he's spent too many hours in them in the past couple of years with his ailing mother!!)

I hope your radiologists are as nice as mine were, Ali. I *almost* enjoyed seeing them every day for 3 weeks.

Right must get off a*se, temporarily, to stuff the marinated mincemeat into jars, before it's nightie & dressing gown time. Is half past 8 to early to go to bed?
foxyferret

Katy - as far as I am concerned that IS cooking. If I put anything into a hot oven then I've cooked it!!
I will try the carrot/leeks as they sound great and even I may not be able mess it up.....although I wouldn't bet on it.
I found the worst part of rads was playing hunt the car park space, I used to go really early and then wait if necessary in the cancer charity centre at the hosp. Tea bar, armchairs, newspapers, chats, lovely place all run by volunteers and where I could get the complimentary therapies and any info at any time. Do you have anywhere like that at your hospital Ali?
Well, my school had parents evening tonight,,,,so I got there at 3.45 and there were children,parents,stray bodies everywhere and classrooms all in use for the interviews. I looked at my Head Teacher and she said " Clean the toilets and go home". So I did!

Hope everyone feeling tired and/or ill soon feels better
applestreet

katy...chuck your guilt to the alligators...jcj..hope you feel less tired soon...put your feet up...Ali...good luck with the rads...been busy today..viewing at daft o'clock for a lady working shifts and grandchild visiting all afternoon...time for the prone position on the sofa methinks...

katytc

Party was great success, lots and lots of goodies and home baked food, cheated terribly so am on the "guilty" bench, went over to local supermarket, they had cheese and garlic little roll type things and another cheesy thing, perfect 7/8 mins in the oven, DONE! It was either that or sausage rolls! Next one I will def do some of your suggestions so will keep a note of page numbers!! I do feel terribly guilty!!
Spoke to BCN today and she said she would speak to onc about MRI and get in contact with me asap, well pleased with that!!
Hope you got on fine Ali with your zapping.
It's probably all your shenanigans catching up with you JCJ, rude sparklers, sticking toffee apples all over the place and all that dressing gown dancing, no wonder you're tired!! (not forgetting the GIN) xx

JCJ

Hope it went well CM, at your interview. Hope your tit and nup - no sorry. nit and cup - get it right in a minute - NIP and TUCK appointment went to your satisfaction, Grumpy, and that you managed to settle on something for the buffet, Katy. I hope it didn't end up as mashed bananas, cheese and sausage rolls on sticks coated in yogurt and cream??

I am soooo tired today. Got sent home at 3pm instead of staying for staff meeting, so I must have looked nearly as sh*t as I feel. I'm on the 'getting really p***ed off with this' bench because towards the end of last week I felt I had loads of energy - even more than BBC (before BC) at this stage of a long term - but yesterday. WHAM! Tiredness hit me like a brick again and I feel like a limp lettuce. I hope it doesn't last into next week. I postponed the Highlands holiday from May, 'cos I'd have just finished Rads and I'd be too tired! 😞
Ali_H

'microwave crew' - like it!!
Quail, lots of drinks, relaxing music on, snuggle back down and have a duvet day... Fluey colds are awful at the best of times xx

Sleep fairies target me mid afternoon and about half an hour before the alarm's due to go off! But, after our weekend in Wales with LOTS of walking I slept really well last night! So, I obviously need to spend every weekend in Aberdovey 🙂
Quail

Good luck today Grumpy and CM. I hope it all goes well for both of you. Good luck for you too Ali. Although the long term ses of zapping were worse than I expected (stiffness, shoulder pain--may be because of my general lack of youthfull suppleness!) the actuall zapping wasn't all that bad, so don't be too worried.
I am being slowly worn down by this cold/flu and feeling VERY sorry for myself--just rescheduled tomorrow's herceptin for next week and am getting ready to climb back into bed for a couple of hours : (Every time a sleep fairy nestled up to me, I let out a giant cough and scared her away. Back to the woods with me, I think.
Let us know what you're cooking Katy!

ChoccieMuffin

Ali, unfortunately the Microwave Crew are very good at kicking us off the CBA bench. Give yourself plenty of time to get there and parked, to reduce the stress of it all.

Ali_H

First zapping session today, suppose I'd better get up...?
GIJaneH

Sleep fairies beat it back to the Woods - was watching Strictly result programe at 2.30am!!!!
have a good week - how does ip dip finish again?
love Jane x

katytc

Burst out laughing CM, (probably will be doing that), best of luck for today xx

supertrouper

Just popped over from the woods with a large net full of sleep fairies to let loose in Benchland. Buggeritt helped to round them up.
There........off they go, fluttering around the benches looking for somewhere to rest for the evening. If they don't stay then don't blame me! They do prefer to rest inside tents. So if any of you woosie benchlanders want a proper nights sleep I would suggest you come to the woods and either use one of the spare tents or climb up the ancient yew trees and try out one of the vacant nests. Sleep awaits you in the woods......
Come on Buggeritt .......HEAL!!

GIJaneH

good luck tomorrow CM - keep us posted... and hope all goes as you want it to Grumpy, nipping and tucking... tucking in to all that yummy food perhaps... no? oh.. oK
just roasted carrots & leeks in 100ml dry white wine with 1 tbps honey & fresh thyme.. it was fab... (sorry FF!)

night all, sleep well... wonder if any sleep fairies are popping over from The Woods? need one..

Jane xx

RevCat

CM hope all goes really well.. "knock 'em dead" as the saying goes. Will look out for your mean machine racing round Benchland afterwards!
foxyferret

CM - fingers crossed for you as well. Hope the interview goes well and ..yes .. here's hoping. Good luck.
ChoccieMuffin

Katy, if you don't know which to pick, "ip, dip, sky blue" should help!

Off to an interview tomorrow lunchtime. A second interview, so I'm hopeful, but I won't uncross my fingers until they've offered me the job and I've started. Here's hoping.

RevCat

Thinking of you tomorrow Grumpy - hope all goes well for you.

I will be cooking Nicarguan recipes for our post-harvest fun-night (the overseas appeal we are supporting is there) so have to bake tart des tres leches!!!! A cake with cream ,evap and condensed milk... and heaps of sugar.

Hugs for anyone who needs them... not around much this week, busy couple of days then off further north for a conference.
katytc

Thank you sooooooooo much for all the brilliant ideas, I should have had it sorted today soooo annoyed with myself!! So quick run (haha) to supermarket in morning, oh dear! I know I'm still going to be standing with glazed, dazed look thinking now I have been given ideas what should I pick???????
Off to the "getting on my own nerves" bench, it's pretty near the "why have I turned into someone who is so indecisive???" bench. Oh no, now I can feel the "guilty" bench calling...........
All the very best for tomorrow, grumpy. xx

foxyferret

Is this turning into a cookery thread? I can't compete. I'll just sit on the "can't cook,won't cook bench" and wish that I did like cooking, I don't...in fact I hate it as every time I try anything new it's a total failure. I can turn out a decent roast dinner when I have to, but baking is totally beyond me. I failed my 'O' level cookery exam back in 1970 and it's all gone downhill since then!
My husband could throw random ingredients together and get fantastic results, me, it's always a disaster!
I will try the chocolate banana recipe as it sounds delicious and doesn't involve cooking.

Grumpy good luck for tomorrow, all fingers and toes are crossed.
Ali_H

Aww Grumpy I'm sorry to read about Barley xx

Had a weekend in Wales, looking round Aberystwyth uni with my son. He fancies computer sciences, the student giving us a tour was excitedly telling us about some research that's going on there to do with mammograms and interpreting the info. Student blithely said "apparently they can be quite painful".... Um, yup!
JCJ

Good Luck tomorrow Grumpy. Glad you are feeling excited about it and not anxious!

Choc and banana definitely go well together!

I just made an AMAZing pud! I still had some of those pears left over and OH was trying to scoff the choccy pear cakes I made for school (after all that's where the free pears came from!) So I made little puddings, lining the individual basins with sliced pears then filling with choc sponge mix. But in the sponge mix was 1/4 jar of home-made mincemeat, left over from last year, that I wanted out of the way. (This year's is marinating in a big bowl ready to be put in jars tomorrow evening!) It had matured wonderfully - the brandy in it had kept it from going mouldy, but it seems to have got quite a lot more alcoholic. Hic!!

No doubt I'll pay for it later, as alcohol seems to make the flushes soooo much worse, but even though I say it myself: OMG! it was delicious!
grumpy

Cheesy puffs -
roll out some bought puff pastry so it's thin, cut in half, cover one half with grated cheese of choice, slap on the second piece, gently roll to stick it all together, then cut into triangles or fingers. Beaten egg glaze is posh, then shove in a hot oven until all puffed up and golden. Voila!! I use the pizza wheel to cut it up cos the pastry doesn't stick.
Will definately try the choc banana pud - what is it about choc AND banana???
Tomorrow is clinic day re: nip and tuck.....on the Feeling Excited Bench.
Thank you all for writing BISCUITS in the sky for Barley, bless her.
Millie had a Big Walk today, with a share of my hot pie and chorley cake at the bakery - yum.
grumpy

JCJ

Great minds! I was going to suggest a bag of frozen sausage rolls! Or you could buy cocktail sausages - you could put those on sticks if you felt adventurous - but it's still very simple! - and maybe intersperse with cherry tomotoes, or tomberries (teeny weeny tomatoes, available in supermarkets) and/or cheese and pineapple on sticks. Very seventies, but they always get snaffled up at school buffets. Dead simple to do and they look pretty and taste delicious.

Of if it needs to be veggy: perhaps a bought quiche or pizza? You can buy them ready to eat or just whack it in the oven, to eat hot or cold.
RevCat

Mmmm Jane that sounds yum. My standby savoury is to buy a selection of colourful veg, cut into small slices and arrange round a pot of bought dip. Carrots, celery, peppers, cherry toms (whole), french beans, mange tout, mini bread sticks etc... looks pretty, is dead easy and ticks the healthy eating box!

PS Did not do the secret hand check!
GIJaneH

ooh yes Katy - VERY simple: one bar plain choc, melted in microwave. 1 banana, mashed. 1 carton nat yog and one of double cream beaten together. Combine and chill. Delicious!

ChoccieMuffin

katy, I'm sure Tesco do bags of sausage rolls you can bung in the oven...

Or if you really do want to be creative, you could try... erm... ah... nope, not a single bit of inspiration!

katytc

Off the "childhood" bench been shopping, only tea to make now!!
Benchland back to it's former glory, what a messy lot, who spiked the glitterberry juice???
What fun all those amazing dancers, some of the moves were just stupendous (never knew people could contort their bodies so) did the juice have anything to do with it???
Quail hope your cold is better soon, and RevCat what a lovely surprise!! Did she/he have the special hand too??
Going to a party tomorrow, we are having a buffet if anyone has any simple ideas for something I can take I would be very grateful, just stood in supermarket with a glazed look, gave up and went home!! Very SIMPLE, please xx

Quail

RevCat that sounds like a special moment. I'll bet there were some BIG hugs to add to all the virtual ones.
Ladies, I cannot believe what a mess we have left, even after all RevCat's tidying. Katy, how's it going on the childhood bench. That sounds a lovely place to be--I'll bet you've forgotten all about your tidy-up plans. Grumpy, I hope you're hanging in there, and keeping busy. We gave Barley a lovely send-off, I'll say that! I've never seen so many creative ways to spell "biscuits"!
Hope your Saturday is Sparkly, and your week (especially yours Foxy) sparkle-free!
Now I'm toddling back to the woods to nurse this cold of mine with a hot lemon and honey, I'll bet if we leave those left over apples, stray bits of parkin and the odd spent fireworks, the aligators will eat 'em.

RevCat

The weather in Glasgow is absolutley fab-u-lous and I am shortly going to go out for a real live stroll. But first I have gathered the spent fireworks and disposed of them appropriately. Now I am ambling along distributing hankies and spoons, an extra large quantity by the CBA bench, it has to be said.

CM sounds like a special day was had yesterday in Oxfordshire - how lovely to remember Clare with others, and to plant some Claredrops for her.

I had a special moment this morning when a visitor to church turned out to be one of us. After revealing our forum names, hugs and laughter were exchanged, before she and OH went on their way. Such a privilege to meet in the 'real world' people who share 'our world'. 🙂

Right then, chillax ladies, I'm off to exercise my stiff old bones!!
katytc

Just about to tidy up, unexpected visit from GD, so very late starting!
Sun is shining, woke up to thick firework/bonfire fog, wow that was some party!!
I'm going to pop over to the "childhood" bench, learn a few magic spells, borrow a few fairies all to help clean up Benchland, shouldn't take long, soon be all sparkly again.
Lazy day ahead, only a little shopping to do, then feet up on the "CBA" bench, hope I can find a seat, looks busy today!! xx

JCJ

Think I overdid it last night. (Or week - more likely. I HAD felt almost normal for a few days!) Too much dancing around the fire, doing the dance of the 40 glittery, fleecy dressing gowns? Completely spoonless this morning! CBA bench for me today!

Somebody else will have to clear up the firework party debris this time.

It's very foggy here today - all that smoke from the fire and fireworks?! 🙂
applestreet

Hi
had a lovely time at the bonfire..fireworks were lovely..stuffed with food...fell asleep on a comfy bench where I awoke bright and early....just one question...where did all this glitter come from????

ChoccieMuffin

Aww, missed the party again. Glad you all had a good time. If I'd been there, I would have worn turquoise, as I did in real life, to remember our lovely Clare, who now has Barley to keep her company. Hugs to you, grumpy. I cried buckets and buckets when Muffin, and then Chocolate (my cats) went to pussy cat heaven. That's where I got my name, by the way, not after some delicious gastronomic delicacy.

nannabarb

Oh blast, missdd the party, OH dragged me out to watch a band in a local bar, was fun, doing a spot of people watching (our favourite sport).
Grumpy, now I'm here on the bench, with write one last big B I S C U I T with my sparkler for lovely little Barley, RIP in doggie heaven where she can chase as many Allligators as she like without fear of being turned on.

Night Night All, see you for the weigh in tomorrow.......
RevCat

Lovely display. Night all
katytc

OOOOOOOOOOOOh and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAh, fireworks SPECTACULAR!!
What a show, seems grumpy has won the "tittoo" competition, Yahoo!!
The "hairy" face comp is still open cause it's too dark to see the peachy fuzz, may have to be postponed until sun is shining!
Decided to glam it up, my 40 fleeces are all glittery and sparkly, shaking my stuff all over the place,danced so many times around the fire am feeling quite dizzy or giddy or both??
The food is just the best ever, I don't think I can eat another thing............well maybe another choc banana or two??
Most fun I've had in ages all I can say is you certainly know how to party, girls xx
PS Random naughty words still appearing with those sparklers!

vercors

And what a nice bed this is, so comfy and warm. Thank you.
To absent friends! Good night everyone.

Quail

Ladies, this has been the best party I've been to in a good long while! What food! what drink! what sparklers!
Lets here another toast to absent friends both furry and not so furry. Have I won the best beard contest? The most glitter about her person? With only six titoos, I'm not in the running for that one I'm afraid.
Wooooo, woooo!
Benchland is especially magical tonight!

JCJ

|__________________________| A snuggly bed for vercors to watch the rest of the fireworks from.

And a few spoons so the rest of us to have enough to get through this exciting night.
_____________)
_______)
___________]
______________]
vercors

I love fireworks. I am wrapped up in my blanket. Just can't move, I am so tireD. Just looking at the sparklers and fireworks, I have a smile on my face. When it is over, can we have some gentle music to fall asleep with? Just carry me to bed will you please.

foxyferret

It's the weekend ....all schools are closed... glitter cannot get into them... so have it /throw it wherever you like, I do actually like glitter in its proper place.
Fireworks are fantastic, love the catherine wheels and the rockets are spectacular.
I think I've eaten too much.. I tried to limit myself to an alliburger and choc/pear cake as I said I would but there are so many goodies on offer...I love chocolate bananas...
JCJ

Wheeeeeee Whizzz Bang crackle crackle sparkle sparkle fizzle! Look at that! All those pretty colours!

Sorry ladies, I couldn't be ar.. ahem bothered to glam up but my dressing gown has added glitter for the occassion (firmly attached, FF don't worry!)

Pass me a sparkler: ....................

B I S C U I T S

Now for some soup, an aliburger a jacket potato and some parkin washed down with glitterberry jiuce - hopefully unadulterated this time! Ooh there's choccy bananas too! Its a good job this virtual food has no calories and doesn't fill you up!!

Don't tell Grumpy, but I've given Millie some aliburger. She gate crashed the party while they were out scoffing! 🙂
RevCat

B I S C U I T S

Specially for dear Barley much loved dog. Grumpy, hope you are having a lovely evening.

Whoooosh twinkle twinkle - wow, lovely fireworks in rainbow hues

Wheeeeeee - ooh, great catherine wheel!

Fleece off.... on.... on... off! Lovely fire, yummy grub, wonderful drinkies.... great bonfire.

A toast: to all who have had good news
A toast: to those absent friends and companion animals we remember tonight
A toast: the Benchies and Woodies and lurkers alike.

Great party everyone!
applestreet

Wheyyy...zooms into benchland...have the festivities started yet??..here's my contribution...promised parkin and large box of fireworks...Grumpy...so sorry about Barley...chin up....Jane...I wondered where you had gone..I love Turkey...been a few times..it's lovely and warm there...they get a bit of rain this time of year so I hope you were lucky..anyway...welcome back..nice to "see" you again....nearly forgot...packets of sparklers in my bag..there you go...love fried onions...they don't love me though..alliburger and tomato sauce pls....need 5 mins to chuck my guilt into the lake...should've tidied the garden today and spent most of the afternoon with elder daughter and beloved grandchild...nothing to feel guilty about???...this lazy person spent all morning playing on younger daughter's nintendo dsi with professor layton...I'm ashamed to say I'm hooked...mulled wine anyone??....or glitterberry juice???....Just read choccie and pear cake...oh go on then...a bit more guilt to chuck....what the h*ll....

foxyferret

I'm so sorry about Barley and will write biscuits as large as I can. Hope you enjoy your meal.

Well I've had a souper day today (sp. intentional) as I've made soup, drunk soup, and frozen soup. Have brought some along for tonight as well. It's vegetable and quite tasty if I do say so myself. I find that having this is the only way I can get close to five a day and I'm trying to eat more healthily.
Tonight though I'm having an alliburger and choc and pear cake as it sound really delicious.
Someone mentioned getting glammed up? No... far too much effort required...I'm just throwing on clean jeans and jumper and that will do.
grumpy

Thank you ladies for your kind words - yes I've had a rant and a sob, and taken Millie for a nice walk. She sat next to Barley while she went to sleep, gave her a few licks then walked to the door ready for the next part of life. She is now an Only Dog but the vet reckons she will be fine because she loves people and parties (dropped food!!!)
NDNs taking me out for food tonight, as a thank you for being so nice to their builders..... yummy yummy. So when I am eating my supercalorific pudding, I shall think of you all tucking into calorie-free virtual cakies. Not Fair!
You could write BISCUITS with the sparklers tonight, so Barley will see it from Dogs Heaven (which is the same as ordinary heaven but with more food)
grumpy

Eve76

Grumpy, I am so sorry about Barley. Sending you a big hug!

Oooh, fireworks, dancing and glitterberry juice - the excitement! Haven't been to a good party in a long time. Feel the need to let my hair down - ha, if only I had any... 😉
Let me just throw on something glam. See you all in a bit... 🙂
JCJ

Hic! Who put gin in the glitterberry juice? I suspect the Woodies! I thinksh I'll jusht sit on this wee bensh for a whiley until the effecshts wear off and Benshland shtopsh shpinning. Oops! Ok. the floor will do for now.
Don't stand too close to the fire, Katy you'll frazzle your face fur and then I'll be the winner mwah hah hah! Blast! I forgot about the competiotion and shaved the chin this morning 😞

Choccy pear cakes made! I managed to prevent visiting son from eating all of them, and even if I say so myself - they are quite delicious and MUCH kinder to my crumbling teeth than toffee apples. But they still have fruit in, so def count as 1 of fiveaday! Or five.:)