71280members
374407posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

nannabarb

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Congrats Apple! Brilliant news xx
applestreet

Hello ladies..I am posting today in glorious technicolour joy..my mammo was OK.."no worrying features"..FANTASIC!!!!..on a more sober note..I missed the party...we left it too late to find any fireworks that didn't involve taking out another mortgage..so we ended up at the local Fuzzy Ed's for our tea and an overlong visit to the play area..then decided to babysit at ED's house instead of ours and her internet is broken..then got up on Sunday morning with YD being ill!!!..have spent all week attending to said daughter then catching her rotten tummy bug!!!..so..it's my 21st birthday party at the end of this month...yes..my 21st..I've had it 32 times already but that's irrelevant..I will catch up on the celebrations then...have been reading the posts and I missed a good time...will make up for it though...

RevCat

CROMEY! Big hugs... welcome back I've missed you. In fact I was even starting to worry as you'd been quiet for so long, and nearly sent you a PM just this moring to ask. You clever mind reader you.

Step away from the crocodiles!
cromercrab

Afternoon all!

Builders are busy hammering and banging at the site over the road. I had to giggle this morning, one of the chaps said to his mate: you put the plasterboard in cos there's no room to work when you do that.

They have built houses for the residents of Liilput.

Just thought I'd say hello, I've completely lost track of this thread. I'm nestling on the Can't be Asked bench, eyeing up the crocodiles.

katytc

hee hee Ali!! RevCat, love the thought of you "drifting", made me smile xx

katytc

I knew I could sing, thank you Jane!! Tammy affecting your singing voice?????????????? Am well impressed, singing loudly whilst skipping around Benchland, lalalalala.
Very interested in the Silent Choir only tunally challenged need apply because I think guilt would be associated either way........ during auditions.... guilty cause you sing so badly or guilty because you sing so well. If we see how many would be interested in the Silent Choir we may end up one real singer, one mimer and so on, then nobody knows who is singing and who is not whoop de woo!! Therefore Silent Choir would be noisy choir if more can't sing we can be the first Silent Choir in history!!
Sooooooooooooooo excited, we may even end up having a concert xx

Ali_H

Tee hee, alto eh? There's hope for me yet then! I used to do the readings in church, because the nuns said that although I wasn't to sing my speaking voice was lovely. Awwwwww. They spent hours teaching me to say "love " with an upwards inflection (?) rather than "luv", which is the South Derbyshire way. So now I sound ridiculously posh when I say "love"! Mind you the reading was "And God so loved the world...." so I suppose they had a point, an eight year old with gappy teeth, bad hair and skinny legs telling the congregation "God luvs yer" wasn't what they had in mind...
RevCat

I have a theory - based on conversations with other people who also sing nowadays - that those of us (I was one too) told not to sing in primary school were actually baby altos... it's not that we couldn't sing but that the music was pitched too high. Nowadays of course it's all pitched v-e-r-y low. From time to time I sing alto in the combined churches choirs - good fun if decidedly challenging as I have a tendency to drift into the melody line if I already know the piece!!

Anyway ladies, if you read the teeny weeny print, it says Tamoxifen can affect your singing voice... so there you go, it will transform us all so we have the voices of angels... (in my dreams)
Ali_H

We can have a silent choir all of our own, or even better (because I do like to sing, when I'm on my own in the house!) an alternative note choir.... What was that buzz word from a few years back? Tunally challenged? Differently Tunal....?
GIJaneH

You CAN sing Katy!!! i heard you....

JCJ

And they (not me!!) say it's the Scots that are tight (as in fisted, not tipsy - that's a completely different story! :))??

I've had Teva - but I think I read on here that that's who now owns APS - packaging different but tablets look the same.

I was told I sing flat, at the tender age of 10, and asked NOT to sing in whole (Primary) school 'choir'. Scarred for life! Also, a few years later, my piano teacher gave up on me when I couldn't sing ANY note he played. I think he thought I was doing it deliberately. 😞

Very awkward when they ask me to teach music at school when I'm covering classes - which happens quite a lot, because the teachers don't like teaching it either, and there's no marking!! I also get asked to do RE and PE. Perfect subjects for a tone-deaf, over-weight athiest?? 🙂 It's a good job I DO have a sense of humour!
Ali_H

Lol, homeward slide of the cooking, made me laugh 🙂
Ali_H

Sit down girls, you're going to be jealous.....my surgery issues one month repeat prescriptions, so guess how many I get???

TWO packs of 30.

It all started when I picked my first repeat prescription up, and noticed it said 10mg, even though the first packet I picked up in the hospital prescribed by my onc had been 20mg. Turns out onc had written to my dr asking him to put the Tam on repeat, but hadn't specified a dose.....so they guessed. Fills you with confidence doesn't it? But at least I noticed, and I only have to nip to the chemist every sixty days 🙂
Quail

My OH takes blood pressure medicine, and last month's batch WAS the one with all the twos in. We laughed when, instead of the usual "sheets" of tablets, he got a box of little scraps!
Ali, you're on the homeward slide of the cooking now! Hooray!! My shoulder's still a bit stiff after six months--I was surprised at the continuing SEs of radiotherapy--it has also given me arthritis in the neck. Make sure you do your exercises--they did seem to help me, and when I slacked off for awhile, I noticed a difference.
Perhaps all this dancing around with cardies is what's making you all so warm. Running cold water on my wrists used to help. I did the "early menopause" thing years ago, so it's all a rather dim memory, now, but I do remember that, and sleeping without any heating. I used to have to go into the spare bedroom, 'cause even the heat from my OH was unbearable.
I'll be back to the woods now, just popped over to say hello, and see how you'd all recovered from the party. The JM's always open if you want to escape the aligators for the evening.

katytc

Wow, I didn't know they took out tablets??? Crazy or what, I also get the 30, 2 months prescription at a time. I just get any kind chemist has so have had Generics, APS and Wockhardt, now Relon, is there another?
I'm sure I said at one point on here that when I was in the primary school choir, I was also told to mime?? I was really upset cause I thought that I COULD sing! So I was the mimer in the front row............
Phonecall from nurse today flu jab next week xx

JCJ

Yes, RC, it is the prescription that says Tamoxifen 20mg x 28. Some poor devil must get a pack with all the tiny strips of 2 in! 😞 Once, when I picked my prescription a bit early, they didn't bother to cut off the 2, so I felt like I got a bargain - even though I don't pay for them anyway! How sad am I?? 🙂
RevCat

What? Taking two out of the pack? Madness. I always get a full 30 pack, well actually two full thirty packs cos my GP does two months at a time. It'll be your GPs fault - they do the prescription and s/he must be saying 'send 28' rather than 'send 30' so the pharmacist has to comply. For me it's a pain as all my other things to counteract side effects come in multiples of 28... they just need to get the packs standardised to 28 or 30 days...
JCJ

Oh no no no no no! Katy - you definitely don't want me to sing. I can mime to the original and join in the dance of the 40 fleeces instead!

I start my Generics Tapoxyfen tonight - 4th different brand so far - not bad in 7 months!! - so let's see How much "This Girl's on Fire" for the next 28 days!! (WHY do the pharmacists waste time taking 2 tablets out of each pack - such cheapskates!!)
katytc

Just started new Relon brand, so have been flushing frequently today in between being freezing cold! Not a good mix.
I think the next party JCJ you can take centre stage with your song, we can still dance around you with our 40 cardis, it'll be such fun, in fact we don't need a party, you can start anytime!! xx

JCJ

Cartwheels katy????! It's no wonder you're on the "ouchy" bench - I'd be in A&E -(sorry, Dr Nephew - ME)!!

I just laughed out loud driving home from work - nearly crashed the car. Had the radio on and the heater. Hot flush descends - doesn't usually happen in the car/at that time - took me by surprise. Then I realised the song that was playing was "This girl's on fire" by ??? That's my new theme tune - tempted to change my username to that too! 🙂

Lake Garda, Ali, 🙂 one of my favourite places. we went to Malcesine almost exactly 2 years ago. 50th birthday pressie from OH, but he won't fly so went with DD. Amazing!
katytc

Oh my Ali, your armpit is cooking it's only half baked though!
grumpy hope the FIZZY glitterberry juice managed to sustain you throughout the night!
On the "ouchy" bench today, too much fun yesterday, really shouldn't do those cartwheels xx

grumpy

Ladies I think there is something a bit odd going on over the pond tonite....... can't get my head round the story running on CNN so turning to BBC Newschannel more in hope than expectation.
Rita (support group of one) and self decided to open a bottle of fizzy glitterberry juice to sustain us, but we're both on the Confused Bench until Paxo appears again....

grumpy (and snotty and confused)

Ali_H

Half way party, yay! Except I'm still shattered from the woodie/Benchie party at the weekend...asked the rads lady about my 'tight' armpit, she says it's the effect the rads have on your flesh, or as my OH said "they've cooked your armpit darling".... Mmmm..
My nails are soft, bendy and generally not what they used to be too, they could do with three weeks in Tuscany next summer. Obviously I'd have to go with them, and obviously it doesn't have to be Tuscany...Lake Garda would do just as well.....

Oh crikey here comes my bed time hot flush, excuse me while I go stand by an open window....
RevCat

Waiter, waiter there's a hair in my pasta.... that's not a hare madam it's a rabbit, boom boom, tish!

Alas it's true! There we were chatting away munching our lunch when - shock horror - a hair in my pasta! Lovely to spend time with the All Scotland Synchro Flush Team again - ah yes, we have it to a fine art.

Excellent news Ali, soon it'll all be over, huzzah. Definitiely party time again... we haven't had one for five minutes after all.

Lovely post Cackles, always welcome in the Land of the Bench, or in Cat's Kirk! Spurtles R Us.

JCJ, no idea about the nails, though mine are still quite 'soft' and breaky, so maybe the Tam does not help? Don't have Zola so can't comment on that. Can you put some nail varnish on to act as glue, or is that verbotten at the chalk-face?

Right, off to find some hair free tea... and no, it was not Katy's hair... hers is far too neat and tidy to fly out into someone's lunch. 🙂
katytc

Brilliant Ali, halfway (another excuse for a party???)
Cackles that's really such a lovely thing to say (bit teary now too), doesn't take much to set me off!!
No JCJ not had any problems with nails, get off that guilty bench immediately!
Had lunch with an "esteemed" Benchlander today, had a lovely time, tongues did not stop wagging! Only one problem a hair appeared suddenly in "super, duper" lady's lunch................did it come from me????
hahaha xx

JCJ

Two days back at the 'chalk'face and I'm on the kna**ered bench again. Mind you, I did have the littlest people, all morning, today - reception and nursery. I'm not used to answering to people below knee height! 🙂

For some reason my nails are all disintegrating. Anyone else had this as a SE of Ta'poxy'fen and/or Zola'pest'?? (I didn't have chemo, so it can't be that - Oh, now I have to go back to the guilty bench!) Or is it completely unrelated? eg colder weather?

Are there any alligators left to eat our quilt (hahahaha - shows how tired I am: I mean Guilt!!)? We seem to havve consumed an awful lot of alliburgers recently with all these bonfires and parties. 🙂
Cackles

Ali H I remember those noises so well. I used to count them all out and count them all in RAF style but they were never tne same. Halfway is superb. I found for some silly reason I really got cold feet by the last two....I had had enough. Today we have re visited our Starting Chemo in August 2011 thread. We are in contact on Facebook because of the revamp mess. It was mindblowing to see how supportive we were of each other...FANTASTIC. Just like Benchlands and the Wild Wood.
So a Woodies flag to you all and my thanks.
Contented bench with a new handkie for my emotional tears now needed pease girls.

Ali_H

A cup of tea and a piece of cake would be lovely please! Today is rad number 13, this means that when the machine is clunking, buzzing and whirring in its overhead position I will be half way through!! 🙂
katytc

That has def been some weekend, huge Sat party then nanna's birthday drinks, popping over to the "tired" bench with a big supply of spoons for all.
Some birthday cake leftover so now serving cups of tea, coffee etc.
Dreary day here though rain is now off, yippeeeeeeeee! xx

JCJ

ooooh! Drinks?? Happy Birthday nanna
nannabarb

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, and balloons and card, drinks on me xxxxxxx
Eve76

Happy Birthday, nannabarb! 🙂 Have a wonderful day!
RevCat

Happy Birthday Nannabarb... p-a-r-t-y p-a-r-t-y!
Have a wonderful day and many, many more happy returns 🙂
katytc

Balloons on every bench, goodies near the trampoline, beside the bungee cords on the boingy stuff, all for nannabarb's birthday!!!!! Large birthday card signed by all and present in the shed sooooooooo
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR NANNABARB

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HURRAH!!

Wine and nibbles later, have a great day xx

GIJaneH

happy birthday nannabarb - the wood fairies told me!!! Have a fantastic day, and many more of them!!!!
love Jane xx

nannabarb

Cackles

Headache Who me? ....What a Party ......well done all the cooks....as for Supertrouer!!!! You were an absolute STAR. What did I drink? What a tremendous group you all are. Where is the satisfied bench?

foxyferret

I spent the night in a Yew tree, so it wasn't me Katy. Woke this morning with pounding head though. Bacon rolls and coffee at the JM proved restorative however and I've just walked back over here.
Couldn't have faced your full Scottish Revcat.
RevCat

Sorry Katy, think that was Pukey living up to her name... she was so excited to meet all the other cats and then she overindulged on the tidbits. AH yes, what a fantabulous party, but - JCJ missed it AND all her single malt was consumed so we will have another party soon... I think Apple's b-day is next up?

Now then, a very large all day full Scottish (like a full English but with tatty scones and lorne suasage) available for anyone wanting it over there ......>
Large packs of spoons in the shed, conveniently sorted by size, and ready to go. Several thwacking ladles and the odd spurlte too.

Gone grey here in Glasgow and I have to prepare my mind for this evening's annual 'Grief & Gratitude' service offered to anyone who wishes to remember a loved one. This year I will be remembering a few bc buddies from here, and here abouts including SCACO, Potmaid, Elttiks, Gingerbud and Wacky's Mum.
Gentle hugs for those who need them.
katytc

Wow that was some night, loved the band and we managed to dance superbly well. Barge journey home was eventful, who was that leaning over the side being oh so sick???
Think some of the gremlins came back with me, no internet connection for hours today, happily all sorted now, yippeeeeeeee! xx

nannabarb

Grumpy, just put a touch of JCJ's single malt in your glitterberry juice, that should sort out the snuffles. Party's going with a swing in the woods, just wait till you hear the entertainment!
katytc

Oh me oh my, managed to burn the bolognese sauce, I don't know what happening to me and forgot my next door neighbours name..............????????
This was all before seeing ST's simply fantastical photo!!
Just making my way to the barge now though can't see to well cause of the hairy face, good job there's lots and lots of sparkly lights and fireworks, should be able to find my way.
Is that singing i can hear from the woods?
See you all soon xx

RevCat

Ah Cackles, it isn't fun to be "good frightened"... what a fab party it's going to be. Yippee!

crack, whoosh, sparkle, sparkle, sparkle.... ooh the first fireworks are reaching the sky! And there it is... the barge all sparkly to carry as backwards and forwards between there and here, or here and there....

*> v <*
*> * <*
*> ^ <*

(not so good at drawing fireworks!)
Cackles

I am on the frightened bench.....go to the Dark Dark Wood to see Supertrouper in all her glory******** I wonder what her singing is like!!!!
The party is going to be good!!!!!!!!!

supertrouper

Here I am - all ready for the party - I am actually going to a fancy dress party in NED tonight but will be back in time to join you all later. For one night only - my avatar is me in tonights fancy dress costume.
Larger photo posted on the DDW thread.

Now - come on Buggeritt and FECKIT - stay still whilst I paint on those spots!!

Ali_H

What time does the party start????? Yippeee, a party 🙂
JCJ

Back to real world with a bump. Just had to not only think about what to cook, but go out shopping for foodstuffs. 😞 Missing my 3 course yummy dinners served by a lovely friendly waitress. I wish I could actually be sustained by all the wonderful edibles in "Bends" - or is it DDLand? (No! That sounds like Baywatch??) - then it would be no problem! 🙂
grumpy

Hello ladies

well it's the last night of the Play tonight, to be followed by PARTY, and I'm still all snotty and sniffly so not too much glitterberry juice for me. Rita support group of one, has just arrived so that's someone to cook tea.

I blame it all on someone who shouted Break a Leg on their way past the lake district....

grumpy

katytc

Welcome back JCJ, great you had a wonderful wee break, can stop waving madly now! And look at you arriving back in time for THE PARTY of the year!
All those drinkies................and your outfit sounds delightful, we are going to be sooooooooo gorgeous!!
Just made a big pot of bolognese sauce and my chilli potatoes, have some leftover pizza might throw that in too, am having a smashing time just dropped an egg all over my freshly hoovered and washed floor!
Think I must be getting too excited...
Wooden Bench or Broody Wench, can't decide xx

JCJ

Back from 4 days in the lovely Scottish Highlands. I shouted 'Break a leg' to Grumpy, as we passed the lake District on the way up on the M6, waved randomly at everybody as we entered the Highlands, in the hope one of them might be Katytc, and thought, guiltily, a lot about Quail all week.

Gorgeous autumn colours. Thursday was beautifully cold and sunny. Snow on the Cairngorms! 🙂 Also snow on the A9 near Inverness, as we came home, but the gritters were out so the road was clear.

I'm on the 'Still In My Dressing Gown Because I Don't HAVE To Get Dressed For Breakfast Today' bench. (It's nice not to have breakfast with 155 other people!)

It seems I've made it back just in time for another party! 🙂 I've bought what I thought was a thigh-length purple kaftan thing, on Ebay (99p!) to wear for Diwali at school. (REFUSE to spend money on something new, to wear for ONE day - can't afford to buy clothes I WANT to wear!!) I had intended to wear it over a pair of black trousers. However, it has arrived and it is MASSIVE (even on me!!) and ankle length. I look like a witch - so there's MY costume sorted for tonight. Just need my broomstick - (or "halucigenic suppository" as I've seen it described on Twitter! :)) Will have to re-think Diwali tho'.

I'll bring along some Heather Cream Liqueur (Like Baileys only made with heather and chocolate in the Highlands!) I bought it for my daughter for C..... but she won't mind us vitrually 'borrowing' a bit! Ditto the Tomatin Single malt (for daughter's partner)

Hugs to everyone having sh*t days or still having treatment. Hope your play went well, Grumps. Quail, book that Strathpeffer holiday again, when you get the chance. I thoroughly recommend it and am even quite jealous that you still have it to look forward to!

Now to try to catch up in the Woods - Not sure if I'm a Wooden Bench or a Broody Wench!