69184members
363215posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Trouble with the French is it's on ITV - I've only been watching for one day and I've already warn out the mute button, using it for the ad breaks!

I love watching wimbledon - I'll be glued to it, whenever I'm not at work, for the whole fortnight. I lOVE the red button - can usually skip the analysis drivel from has-beens and actually watch some tennis!
I'm tempted to try to go to the Aegon Tournament at Edgbaston again. YD bought us tickets for our birthdays last year, but it rained nearly all day. I think we saw about half an hour's play in 5 minute bursts. Got a 50% refund though, that we spent on a lovely day out on holiday. You can guarantee that if I spend £60 on tickets, it'll be another wash-out?!

I'll join you on the craft bench. I'm knitting a little baby jumper. It was going to be for the latest great-nephew, but as I only bought the wool a week after he was born and then delayed starting it (too attached to the CBA bench! ), it won't even fit him by the time it's finished. Never mind, I'll enjoy knitting it and donate it to a charity shop.

You going to be wearing bejazzled t-shirts (T-jazzles?) at MMU then, FF? They'll look fab with the rhinestone covered doc martins! 😄
Highlighted

Room made for you Jane as I've managed to get off the knackered bench and move over to the craft bench. I've got three plain white t-shirts and lots of different assorted beads/flowers/"things" with which to adorn/customise them. I've sorted them out and am about to make a start.
I go to a craft fair every year and buy loads of these beads/"things" etc. and have always got good intentions of using them but they have stayed in the cupboard for the last four years. Suddenly I'm inspired to DO something! Where's that come from?

If you watch the French Open tennis (why oh why don't they have Hawkeye?) you will get used to the orange then Queens looks all wrong, being green. Hope Andy Murray is fit for Wimbledon. I love watching tennis. When I was younger it was my game.
Highlighted

On the knack****** bench...pse move up. No energy to respond to everyone.....

sort of not watching Springwatch

Highlighted

I've been watching the tennis too. Wasn't going to - it looks all wrong on orange 😉 but it's been persisting it down all day so I'm blowed if I'm going to get the garden jobs done that I'd saved for this week! Seems a bit unecessary to replant the tubs at the moment because the winter flowering violas and pansies in them are at their best now! Can't reorganise and redecorate ES's room yet either as most of his stuff is still in it!

You've reminded me, FF, I was supposed to get a haircut this week, and I've not even got around to phoning for an appointment yet!

Kay, I'm having a lie down for you - hope it helps? I've also sent some spoons to you, via carrier pigeon! 😛
Highlighted

Could anyone on the knackered bench please move up and make room for me. I have no idea what I've done today to feel so absolutely done in. Been to work (all of 2 hours), watched tennis, had a haircut and I'm exhausted!
RevCat - I've laid in a supply of air freshener to be used if required. Glad you saw the head honcho and got your procedures done in the proper order.
Kay - you will need a holiday to get over your holiday!
Katy - hope your op is soon and that you are fit to come to MMU. Incidentally have you read Faye Kellerman's books feat. Pete Decker? I can recommend them as really good whodunnits.
I'm about to start Jodie Picoult - The Storyteller. I've read most of hers and have found them a mixed bunch but her last one Lone Wolf was excellent. Grandaughter said Storyteller made her cry and I do like that in a book!

Plans are afoot to go clothes shopping at the weekend. Remember last time when I came back with a bar of chocolate? Hope it's more sucessful this time as I, being a typical woman, have just realised I've got nothing to wear to Morecambe.

I'm rambling on now, so I'm going to stop and watch some more tennis.
Highlighted

Good to hear from you Kay. I hope you're enjoying it all, despite the joint aches and pains. I sympathise, because it's difficult for you when everyone else is raring to go. Getting the scooter is a good idea. I was in Venice with my sister last July and I don't think she realised how hard going it was for me to keep up with her. I had a lovely time although was limping round like a very old lady at times!
Jen
Highlighted

Groan.... Kay checking in from Florida (more like crawling in). Have now 'done' Animal Kingdom, Aquatica and Hollywood Studios, and feel done in! Each day I drag myself out of bed, looking longingly at it, and stomp down to get the bus to the parks. Now getting an electric scooter as lower back not coping well with all the walking.
i must be getting old!
kay x
Highlighted

I haven't had ta-poxy-fen but I had letrozole for 3 years, until they stopped it in October. I was off hormone tabs until last week (now on exemestane). I really noticed the difference – no hot flushes and a lot less stiffness in pelvis/hip joints.
Post - rads I haven't been able to stretch my right arm out straight to do my exercises like I did easily before. My arm feels veryy tight again and also the slightly swollen area on lower inner arm is a bit worse. I checked it with radiography nurse who said it's normal at this stage and not to stretch arm further than 'discomfort' zone. Should improve in 2 weeks or so.
Scared myself yesterday... my throat has felt a bit weird due to the rads, and my mouth felt dry last night – so I thought I'd clean my teeth, freshen mouth up. Had a look at my tongue and saw my whole mouth was completely BLUE! I really panicked and then remembered that we'd been eating blueberries earlier!!
I really need to relax more.
Jen.
Highlighted

Oh wow RevCat that was totally unexpected..................does that mean you will be super smelly next week!
Thought you did mean backside and did giggle, hopefully you will be pain free and superly impressed with your little pumpkin xx

Highlighted

When is a tattoo not a tattoo... when it is a free flap nipple reconstruction instead!

Got to hosp this morning and saw my Very Eminent Germam PS who siad 'my colleague has put you down for tattooing but you haven't had your nipple reconstructed yet... because you've had rads we need to do that first... are you OK for that today?' Yes, says I... so an hour later I emerge with a HUGE dressing that looks like a tiny pumpkin (colour and shape) over a nipple made by transferring a tiny piece of skin and fat from my back/side (LD donor site; not backside). So another three months until the colouring in... but it will be worth it I am sure. So glad I saw her and not one of the registrars or it might have been a different story!

Very odd lying on your back with a cover over your eyes, with Neil Diamond playing in the background and a surgeon telling you she is doing embroidery!! Can't shower for a week... so if this corner of Benchland gets whiffy let me know!

Katy we can sort trains next week when we meet for flushing practice!
Highlighted

Think you are so right JCJ, don't get me wrong I do feel that ta"poxy"fen is a wonder drug but if you google there are lots and lots of threads and papers regarding T and weight gain, T and joint pain and T and short term memory loss. It's extremely dismissive of the meds not to SEE a link? If it's acknowledged in some areas/regions why not everywhere? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Are we all neurotic then?????????
Will need to borrow some of your grumpiness, Dame Grumpy.
Wrote a longer and more detailed post pressed the post button and all disappeared so this is shortened version cause went and sat on the "FF" bench, near the "CBA, can't be bothered writing it all again, cause I can't remember everything I said" bench xx

Highlighted

Katy, as I tried to post before: I think the fact that all the Ta'poxy'fen "SE"s are things that menopausal women suffer is the reason they are not classed as SEs! An onc nurse actually told me that Tamoxifen was GOOD for joints (I already had knee probs when dx) because it didn't affect the way the oestrogen (or "leafworm" as my tablet wants to spell check it to! 🙂 ) reacts with the joints.

All the oestrogen depletion related aging symptoms are just signs of menopause, so docs think we should just get on with it. (Forgetting of course that they are busy prescribing HRT to the rest of the population as menopause is so debilitating!?!)

Glad your pre-op went OK, Katy, and I hope they give you a date that fits with MMU - we need you there as our founder!

Hope you like your TIToo, RC. Was it painful or is there no feeling in the Barbie boob? Just curious because I remember how much the rads tats hurt, albeit only briefly!

Fingers crossed this posts.
Highlighted

Hello JCJ! Your post has stayed, hurrah!!
I have just kicked a cup of tea/mugatea across the floor, what a mess...........so much tea splattered everywhere.
Had my pre op assess yesterday, 1 and a half hours and a very black and blue arm later, am ready to go!
Down for a cancellation with 1 weeks notice due to meds and last date 5th Aug, been marked for our MMU so will have to keep my fingers crossed. Would like to have op in a few weeks as pain is likely to be an issue and you have to keep foot raised/rested for around a fortnight, so if I had the op soon, would only be on crutches for Morecambe!!
RevCat do you want to book when we meet?? or would you rather sooner?? Best of luck for you today, hope you are pleased with the results, woo hoo!!
I FORGOT to say that there is NO EVIDENCE that ta"poxy" fen causes short term memory loss etc, chemo is the only proven med. Ok what does that mean for me???????????? And others who are experiencing the same????
When you go through a natural menopause because you lack oestrogen you have all the symptoms stated above, soooooooooooooooo why not with ta"poxy"fen??? I don't get it.
Very quiet day today am aching all over nothing to do with T though? xx

Highlighted

I have a feeling that the alligators are getting hungry because no-one has any guilt to dump (hurray!) and are starting to eat the posts instead.

Off soon to what I have temred the Eminent German Plastic Surgeon's Tattoo Parlour! Today is the day I get my 'Barbie Boob) coloured in to look more 'real'. It seems rather odd, I have to confess, and if I am really honest (teeny bit of guilt for the alligators here) not entirely sure it's the best use of the NHS money... I know it is a few tens of quid out of the etns of thousands they've already spent to keep me alive but... Anyhow, apparently I get to look at colour charts, choose a colour and the nurse-cum-tattoo-artist colours me in!

Will report back later! Hope you are all well. AFter being flippin' freezing yesterday we have blue sky again today 🙂

Hugs to all who need them. Katy I think you had pre-op yesterday (and I forgot to wish you well for it - hangs head in shame... more gator food to add to the lake).

Best go... you don't keep the Deutcher Frau Doktor waiting! (she is lovely really)
Highlighted

Thanks Jo. At least the last one posted OK. Wonder of this one will?!
Persisting it down with rain here today. Weather was gorgeous Sunday & Monday in Norfolk. 🙂 2 nice bank hols in a row. That'll be it for the summer now?
Highlighted

Train tickets booked..... MMU here we come.....

Tapoxyfen sounds grim. Letrazole causes me initial stiffness (get out of car/chair like a very old granny!) but it wears off thankfully.... apart from the back of the heels (achilles)... which always seems sore. Odd. As for weight gain.....yes, I have.. but it's hard to know whether it's the drug, or age, or whether I should cut down on the alcohol! Certainly put loads on on holiday, with the wee extras that OH tempts me with.. nuts... beer.... biscuits... cake.... wine... cheese... olivess.... no flippin wonder I put on weight!
JCJ - please don't take it personally!!! we need you!

love Jane

Highlighted

Hi JCJ

Sorry you're having posting problems I will report it to our technical team, there may be a problem with your account so we'll get it checked out. Please let us know if you continue to have problems posting.

Kind regards,

Jo, Facilitator

Highlighted

What?? That's twice I've posted now and it's instantly disappeared into the ether. 😞 Assumed it was because I hadn't fixed posting from my phone, as I thought, but never had a problem off this tablet before! I COULD take it personally!
Highlighted

Joint pain and Tamoxifen... there is research to support a link, it was published in 2010... the effect was only observed after the introduction of the generic versions of the drug, it was never recorded with Nolvadex (no longer available in the UK). The research concluded that EITHER the binding agents in the generic forms cause the joint problems OR the binding agents in the nolvadex offered a protective effect. So far as I know the fact that nolvadex disappeared meant that the resrearch was not followed up. You can fill in a 'yellow card' for side effect recording here: https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ and they will eventually get enough evidence to make them do something! I am lucky, the Glasgow team do believe in the link and I get pain meds on prescription. Don't be fobbed off! I have at various times posted the link to the research but I am too lazy to track it down just now, as I have visitors arriving any minute!

EDIT Here's the link for the paper

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20347307
Highlighted

Joint pain - yes I am sceptical of this 'no proven weight gain/joint pain' argument, not that I'm on tapoxyfen, I'm on anastrozole. If patients report these s/e then someone somewhere should be recording it to build up a bank of data. IF NO-ONE WRITES IT DOWN, THERE IS NO DATA TO PROVE/DISPROVE THE HYPOTHESIS. What seems to happen is that the medics don't believe these s/e so they see no need to record such reports from patients, so no data bank is built up.Trust me, I trained as a research scientist!!!
And of course no-one can provide an alternative reason for the joint pain/weight gain can they???
Another example - my cancer appeared suddenly: I stretched up to get something off a high shelf and felt a 'pop' in right boob, and there was a big lump. Next day, down the health centre etc etc etc. The clinic told me that this never happens, there is no data, it is the usuual you just felt something cos you'd knocked your boob, we all know the attitude. BUT in the shower that morning nothing was there, 8 hours later the lump just popped out in the evening shower, and you try having a shower without feeling all your bits 'n' bobs!! I had to make a fuss to get this written on my notes: we don't need to write it down because it doesn't happen YES YOU DO - IF YOU DON'T WRITE IT DOWN YOU HAVE NO DATA TO LOOK AT.
Having a Trip Out today even tho it's a bit dull and damp: Millie needs an outing as she virtually refused to go anywhere in the torrential rain yesterday.
grumpy Marj

Highlighted

Raining here this morning, at least it will smell nice on my walk to work. I normally don't mind walking in the rain, but today's being one of those 'would rather stay in bed' days (had a cold and several days of coughing, nothing major)
Ive just finished reading Lindsey Davis' Master and God, set in Rome at the time of the emperor Domitian but from the viewpoint of a soldier and an Imperial hairdresser. Very enjoyable 🙂
Highlighted

Will have a look for Kerry Wilkinson books, love good detective novels. Going to pop along to library later this week got 2 books out one good, second one extremely boring!
Sounds as though you enjoyed your hols but have now jumped back in with both feet to a "whirl of busy, busy".
Rained whole day yesterday! Was at a meet up, all about hormone therapy, a couple of statements "there is NO proven evidence of weight gain when taking ta"poxy"fen" and "NO evidence of joint pain caused by ta"poxy"fen"
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, personally not convinced and am thinking that before I started with "T" I had one small patch of arthritis nearly 2 years later I don't think there is any place on my body that's not arthritic, feel deep down there must be a link, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Know when you get a song in your head and you can't get rid of it.........well mine is "The Benchland Girls are coming on over the hills" hahahaha xx

Highlighted

Detective novels..... Vera Stanhope series set in Newcastle/Northumberland..... (Ann Cleeves) and DS Jessica Daniel series (set in Manchester) by Kerry Wilkinson. Medieval ones by Margaret Frazer and Candace Robb and Pual Doherty. I also read Soldiers Wife on holiday (Joanna Trollope). The most unusual book I read was called "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" kid you not! Excellent!

I read 4.5 books in the last 2 weeks.... will be back to a few minutes before bedtime again now.....
been working all this beautiful day, but we did have a lovely day gardening yesterday. Having been away for a couple of weeks, it was much needed!

tired now... got back 1am Sunday mornign, bed 2am... daughter, partner and children descended at 7.30 am en route to their camping weekend! lovely!

take care all xx

Highlighted

Had the same issues JCJ, finally after much pondering and encouragement on here went for a bra fitting, had the right bra picked for me and have never looked back! Would try that or contact your BCN. My difference isn't huge but is noticable if you wear a t shirt and an unpadded bra.
Hope your son feels better soon, so difficult, enjoy your day!!
Jenanne woo hoo!!! Tiara ready for you!!
Have to drag the hoover out today and get myself moving, finished book yesterday, another thriller, man murders the first person that makes eye contact with him on a certain day, certain time, good read, what's everyone else reading?? xx

Highlighted

Thanks FF. I think I wasn't offered anything because for ages the mutilated boob was more or less the same size as other one - just had a dent on the top! I had seroma for quite a while and then I think it's continued to shrink post rads. 'Chicken fillet' bra inserts are only a few quid on that well known auction site and would probably do the trick if I knew which one to get. I only need it to make my bra fit better and even me out a bit!

Walking in vest, shorts and walking boots. Ah! that conjures up lovely memories of coast path walks on long summer days. Haven't done that for aaages - last summer was so lousy.

I've done nothing today but sit about. Even had a little lie down this afto, but didn't sleep, in an attempt to save up a store of spoons for our Norwich trip tomorrow. Trying very hard not to get angry and frustrated at my lack of energy. YD had to remind me that I'm always tired at the end of a long half term, and this is just a bit more so thanks to BC!! Also, pointlessly but unavoidably worrying about ES (he's still not himself. He took antidepressants before and hated them because they made him feel numb. He's mildly bi-polar, like his dad and paternal grandma, so he'll hopefully be on an 'up' phase again soon)and tiredness are a mutually exacerbating vicious circle!

Night night. I may only be able to lurk whilst away as I don't seem to be able to post from my phone, even though I can read the BCC site ok.
Highlighted

JCJ - it should be possible for you to get a partial prosthesis from your hospital. It was several months after my op that I found out (thanks to this forum!) that we are entitled to this and should be offered it from the outset. I rang the BCN and got an appointment and was able to try different sizes and shapes until deciding on one that was right for me. And they're free! Please ring your BCN and enquire before you spend any money on t'internet.
Perhaps they don't tell us about this in an effort to save money. I was extremely cross at the time! Now I'm cross all over again on your behalf!
The fact that my prosthesis now stays in it's box in the wardrobe is another story.

Been sitting on the CBA bench all day, didn't feel like doing anything but reading so that's what I've done. Must get off that bench tomorrow as housework must be done, the sunshine just shows up the dust!
Highlighted

Evening Benchies - been glorious today, big walk with Millie in shorts and vest (me, not Millie) but shorts a bit snug..... how come, when I have lost 4% bone mass??????
MMU is getting nearer and bigger HURRAY.....
Got to do stuff tomorrow after a day off today, there will probably be a RANT
Grumpy but relaxed Marj

Highlighted

Decided I'm fed up of my mis-matched boobs. People SAY they can't see the difference but *I* know the left is much smaller - but not enough to want to put myself through more surgery. Also, my bra rides up on that side because I don't fill the cup properly, so the under-bust strap digs in across my boob. I thought I'd investigate getting some 'chicken fillet' things to put one in my bra on that side, but a quick look on t'internet has left me bemused and befuddled. I had no idea there were so many shapes and sizes available, and of course, not a clue what I need. Why is life so complicated? I'll just go and sulk on the I Give Up Bench.
Highlighted

At last! I have booked for MMU!! Will be leaving Cwmbran, Gwent on the 6th. at 10.30. Change at Crewe. Leave for Lancaster at 14.08. Arrive Morecambe at 2.40.
I've booked until the 8th - B & B is the Broadwater Guest House on the seafront. Will get 14.42 train back via Manchester Piccadilly.
Glad your son is feeling better today JCJ. My daughter (25) had a bad bout of depression which surfaced last summer when she was visiting her boyfriend in Germany. She told me that she should have felt happy and gave friends around her the impression that she was OK, but she said she felt really sad inside. She struggled to deal with it in various ways until this January when she said to me 'Mam, will I always feel like this?' I told her that in a few months things would feel lots better – she had different and effective medication & some counselling. Now she's back to her usual lively self & feeling fine, which is really good to see!
Jen.
Highlighted

So much I ought to do today but I. Just. Can't. Move. 😞 At least it's warm, sunny and still today' though, and ES seems to have managed to pull himself out of his depression and appears much happier. 🙂
Highlighted

All the best to the Glasgow Ladies!

SUN is shining here and it's hot, woo hoo, no wind, woo hoo doubly hoo!!
Have been to supermarket and tidied up, just washing to do then feet up, going to spend afternoon reading.
What a luxury xx

Highlighted

♪ ♫ Oh you type your message in
♫ ♪ And you write your message out
♪ ♪ And the alligators eat them just the same
♫ ♫ Oh you add a profile pic
♪ ♫ And you save it really quick (or 'quickly' for the grammar police)
♫ ♪ But the gremlins disappear them just the same

Lots of vanishing posts, profile pics coming and going a,d enoguh marbles rolling round benchland to be VERY dangerous. Whose are these rather marvellous green ones? The blue? The purple 'gobbies' (was that a Northamptonian expression?). Scooping them up with a spare thwacking ladle and carrying back to the Lost Plottery Shed for collection 🙂

Very proud of my Glasgow ladies - a dozen (or so) are doing Race for Life this w/e and have raised over £3k for CRUK. 🙂
Highlighted

OOh my earlier post: ""needed us"??? *calls* Marbles! Where are you?!" has also disappeared! Those gremlins are at it again. The ether must be sooooo full of bizarre disjointed messages!? 🙂

PS - I thought you musty be setting off REALLY early to be leaving Birmingham by 10.23! 🙂
Highlighted

Your post is all present and correct this time FF - at least at the moment! New Street is a huge station, currently undergoing major refurbishments, but it's usually fairly well sign posted and there are lots of trains heading to the North West, so if you miss your connection, I'm sure there'll be another before too long. Trains from Lancaster to Morecambe are quite frequent too (or at least they always used to be!)
On the kna***red bench now, and I'm going to be firmly on the CBA bench tomorrow. Going to Norwich to visit YD & GF on Sunday til Tuesday - staying in an hotel which doesn't do breakfast, apart from a basket of goodies in the room, - the silver lining of which is that we won't have to get up and be sociable in the morning. Never my strong point! I am usually incapable of communicating in anything other than grunts until I've had at least 2 mugateas!

ES picked up the keys for his new (rented) flat today - but he's still here! Not sure when he's actually going to move into it - too comfy here??

Weather here is very cold wind and showers. I suppose TWO bank holidays in a row with decent weather was too much to expect?? 😞 I braved the elements and walked to the chippy, but I met my next door neighbour in the queue and she gave me a lift home! I make myself earn my chippies - but it would have been rude to refuse a lift - especially in this weather? 🙂
Highlighted

I posted this morning but it seems to have disappeared. 'Twas to let you all, mainly Ali, know that I have also lost my marbles. I am NOT catching the 10.23 in Brum. It IS the 13.20 from New Street. Is that a very big station 'cos I've only got fifteen minutes between trains?

Talking of accents I think mine's probably a mixture too although I have not picked up a West Country accent. Talking of which, when my middle grandaughter was learning to read she had a story book with the word " castle" in it. She got extremely confused as we told her it was "carstle" and her teacher was telling her it was "caaastle". Sorry don't know the proper phonics but I hope you get it!

Half an hour ago I had to put the lights on it was so dark! We've had a hailstorm and I've now switched them off. This is May for goodness sake - what is happening to our weather?

Right, I'm going to post this now and hope it doesnt go astray this time.
Highlighted

Today we have snow on Fairfield, and showers of hail....

Where I did I put my thermals???
grumpy (very)

Highlighted

I haven't really got an accent. Born and brought up on a university campus so exposed to whole range of accents from birth!. Mother from S. Wales and dad from Somerset - now got Midlands mixed in!
Glad you survived the gale unscathed, GIJ. Not heard from Jelly. Is she on her honeymoon - or too busy with married life to needed us? 🙂
Highlighted

Thinking of you and C today Cat, and all her family & friends. You've been to too many of these recently..

caravan survived, nd so did we. Put earplugs in at four am, and then slept. Not heard anything like the noise of the wind and rain last night. Made me think f the sailors out in it, and the birds being swept off their nesting ledges on the Farne Islands..

Accent.. Plain southern for me..... Been told I sound like an air stewardess on the phone! (Oh my, just worked out how long ago that was! Let's not go there!)

anyone heard s from Jelly recently?

Highlighted

Ha ha good question Katy! Lots of people assume mine will be west coast Scottish, and have been known to say "where is your accent?" Mine is Northampton(shire) with a sprinkling of London, Cheshire, Manchester, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Glasgow... well you did ask!

Shhh - sunny AGAIN in Glasgow - glad really as it is C's funeral today: only 35 and less than two years since dx 😞

Hope you all have a great bank hol w/e whatever you're up to.
Highlighted

This is really random but we will all have different accents???
Mine Scottish!! East coast.
What about everyone else?
And Jane hope your caravan stayed put xx

Highlighted

Oh Ali, seem to be getting bigger by the hour...........my tummy is a proper jelly belly now!
I go from feeling a bit down in the dumps about it to saying to myself well, what's some weight gain after everything else?
Still searching for my marbles, no luck so far xx

Highlighted

Thanks Foxy, brum New Street or Brum International?
Have just bitten the bullet and ordered trousers in the next size up. Caught sight of myself in a full length mirror today, not a pretty sight. Well, it was either that or cut back on the maltesers.....
Highlighted

I am on the 10.23 am train from Birmingham on the 6th August. Company would be very welcome Ali but I have a booked seat so we might not be able to sit together.
As for going home, I'm catching the 12.32 in Morecambe on the 8th.

I've done the tent in a gale too. Very scary, remember very well creeping round the tent in the middle of the night with a torch, hamering tent pegs in an effort to make things more secure.
Highlighted

Could be worse GIJ: You could be in a tent. We've been in one in the tail end of a hurricane. Not funny!!

BTW: Your profile pic seems to have blown away! 🙂
Highlighted

Forecast tonight is for 40mph winds with 60mph gusts - and we're in a caravan! Seat underneath me rocking as I type... and it's not up to those levels yet! Could be a fun night!

Highlighted

Thanks JCJ, alas most trains from Glasgow are usually fully booked - and I mean fully booked - whatever time of day they are... you book a seat and find yourself squished in like sardines. Good plan but possibly not great if Katy has restricted mobility. I know what you mean though, sometimes on trains coming north there are lots of empty seats... odd - that must mean a net migration of people who bok seats south...? We shall sort it, fear ye not.

Enjoy half term you lucky thing.
Highlighted

Just a suggestion ladies, do you HAVE to reserve your seats? If not you can just book the entire journey for yourselves and then meet up at whichever station and board the train together. as long as you are not travelling at peak times, you can usually get seats. Obviously, if you need to book assistance or wheel chair space that's different.

OH and I travelled to Nowrich twice - first time we reserved seats - such a hassle walking past empty seats to find ours (and turf someone out of them!). Second time we didn't bother and just sat in the first unreserved (for our bit of the journey) ones.
I am not planning on hanging around too long on the 8th as will have left OH in a tent somewere (and he's not the one that loves camping - apart from the price!! 😉 ) I expect I'll probably get up (not too early though! :)) and go. Hahahaha like my 'get up and go' hasn't already got up and went??? 😛

Soooo glad we break up tomorrow for a week. So kn***ered. Got to fit in a visit to dentist (for major spring cleaning!) at lunchtime tomorrow too!
Highlighted

Have been looking at train times on and off today and my brain is a mess?????????
Sooooooooooo RevCat if I travel separately to Glasgow then booking made together for Morecambe??
I just realised that the train I was thinking of getting back is going to Edinburgh??? Soooooooo confusing!
Will have to do it again when my head clears hahaha!
Went quickly into town to pick up something and was asked for my postcode remembered all of it except the 2nd number.............!! I certainly know how to embarrass myself, thankfully still remembering my grandaughter's name for the moment!
So am off to the lost plottery shed on the hunt for my missing marbles, if anyone finds them can I please have them back?? xx

Highlighted

Good question Cat. Late morning was in my head. We're chish 'n fippin 6th, afternoon tea 7th, if I remember rightly?

no cheap first class tickets for me 😞

Highlighted

Quick question re: MMU - what time are people intending to leave on 8th Aug? Good trains for Katy and me leave Morecambe at 10:34, 12:32 or 13:28, much later and we don't get home till late and the prices sky rocket.

Katy, good trains down would see you leaving home station on 11:14 and us leaving Glasgow on 13:40, is that feasible for you? Am confuded why there are cheapy creepy firsy class tickets for me but not you when your second class ticket is cheaper than mine even though it's further!